Afraid of Losing My Faith In God :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother, NO compromise!
Sister i have been starting to get the word out . The lambs are gonna soon
have to go underground churches . cause you just wait and watch what Biden and Harris are gonna pass .
We need to be finding lambs who love JESUS and every word of Truth and having little house churches .
Cause whatever mainstream churches havent arlready sold out , well when these laws pass
THEY Gonna get spied out and shut down . Just watch .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're an absolute troublemaker, HIH. I was being polite by actually replying to your original post that initially struck me as ridiculous, giving you the benefit of the doubt that there was room for correction.
I don't know if you're hyper-sensitive or what, but constantly making threats about reporting people or having the mods on your side, under such circumstances, just makes you out to be a nuisance and an upstart.

No one's "on my side," DNB. I was simply trying to warn you that you are about to get canned again with that kind of posting. History is often far too abrasive as well, but your posts are flat way over the top. But if you don't want to be warned about it, so be it. Hang yourself, it's your deal.

About the sensitivity, check your posts. You were the one who all of a sudden went into hysterics and starting posting, "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! OH MY GOD! IT'S THE END OF THE BLOODY WORLD BECAUSE SOMEONE ISN'T IMPRESSED WITH MY QUOTE/UNQUOTE 'SCHOLARSHIP!!'" :rolleyes:

If you want a normal conversation, keep it that way. Someone disagreeing with you on a forum shouldn't come as a shock.

God bless,
Hidden

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods jersualem is heavenly and above . There is no need to make that great again . ITS OF GOD .
Now leap up and praise the KING .
Jesus will return to save the Jews of Jerusalem at the end of the Great Tribulation.

The New Jerusalem you mention is only attainable by death or the rapture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My own experience with faith was a troubled one at the beginning for me, and I struggled with what it really was and worried about holding onto it. Then one day I was reading a book, I don't recall the author but he quoted C. S. Lewis and from that day on that quote has kept me faithful (not perfect, far from that). I wish I could remember the exact quote but what Mr. Lewis said was that faith was a choice. We will always have struggles and rarely get our own way about things, but one thing no one can take from us is the ability to choose. So for me no matter how bad it gets, I choose to serve God. I wish I could do that perfectly and no one will, but I also realize if I don't choose faith, I have no where else to go. I am sharing this experience with you in the hope a word or two will give you some strength.
@SkaraBrae
Interesting to see how faith is commended in Hebrews 11 and 12; after all the examples of the faith of the Old Testament saints, the writer encourages readers in Hebrews 12.2 to keep 'Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.' :)

Reactions: SkaraBrae

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my dry sense of humor. Sorry. :)
Tongue in cheek?

Ok, LoL. I have no idea where anyone is coming from anymore...

facepalm-gif-13.gif

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one's "on my side," DNB. I was simply trying to warn you that you are about to get canned again with that kind of posting. History is often far too abrasive as well, but your posts are flat way over the top. But if you don't want to be warned about it, so be it. Hang yourself, it's your deal.

About the sensitivity, check your posts. You were the one who all of a sudden went into hysterics and starting posting, "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! OH MY GOD! IT'S THE END OF THE BLOODY WORLD BECAUSE SOMEONE ISN'T IMPRESSED WITH MY QUOTE/UNQUOTE 'SCHOLARSHIP!!'" :rolleyes:

If you want a normal conversation, keep it that way. Someone disagreeing with you on a forum shouldn't come as a shock.

God bless,
Hidden
This was the 2nd time that you intervened on someone else's behalf, threatening to report me, which it appears, that you did both times. The first time, I don't even know what I said. And the 2nd time, there was room to mitigate based on the instigator's unwarranted remark, for the sake of argument. So, you appeared to be a little trigger happy, and speaking on behalf of others.

Either way HIH, I am sorry it came down to this, but I think that you butted your nose in an issue that wasn't directed at you, and you caused unnecessary trouble for it, both times.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen my friend, Amen, We are all entitled to an opinion but it all comes down to what is the truth in the end and how does it sit with God, My aunt has just been very rude toward me for an opinion of mine, its not fair, we don't deserve to be put down, cast aside or ignored. what is the world coming too? maybe people have forgotten about freedom of speech, freedom of expression, fundamental human rights that we should all abide by, i should not be mocked bc i have a different opinion, there has to be respect and mutual understanding, peace to you bro.
In my working life as a tradesman, boy I had to bend to everyone everyday it was all a balancing act of trying to keep all running best one could, I got shafted many a time with people who were trying to take total advantage of me on every level.

How's this for a put down, a builder pleads me to do a house for him, but he is going bankrupt and knows he may and has no regards to pay me at all for it. typical ! I have seen that many a time but he could not pay, I considered myself lucky in that, because he got me to start another but I had an dispute with the owner, who did not know what he was talking about at all. he had a crap product that he demanded me to use and silly ideas trying to over rule me and the builder as well, so I just said nothing and packed up and walked out with 2 days work down the drain and I was glad and when I found out old mate just had gone broke, I was glad because I did not get screwed for 2 houses.:rolleyes:
I warned old mate the builder to be carful of the 2008 climate but he pressed on and lost one million dollar job coming up and then another so, it hammered him into a position that he was caught out, he was young and did not understand such things, as he thought he was doing so well. so many of them do not know the foundations of all such things, as they are dreaming or blind behind the wheel with no navigational regards and end up hitting a sallow sand bank they did not see coming.

I would have my wife complain about people she had to deal with in the Bank and mates on a wage complain about whatever, but I said just wait till you get stung for thousands of dollars out of pocket and then come and talk to me. I would get, oh someone was rude to me today ! boy I got that everyday not to mention they were costing me money as well and disregard of my work, that was like the norm. I would have to spend hours rectifying there damage. it was like putting your wallet on the bar and all took advantage of it as they seen fit.
Now how's this, I point out to the builder that I have made $6 an hour on his job, in my hand when I have worked it all out, that's a fact and I get back in anger from such No ! you made good money. I just told you what I truly made in my hand fool, because I always work such out you moron. I know what I am truly making, I am not driving blindly like a builder that takes advantage of all around them to keep themselves a float and has not a clue of where he truly stands on a job. because the clown is only looking at things from the gross amount. not to mention that I know the difference between a good builder and a bad one to work for and to get back, No you don't. Yes I do ! I started in this game from 1971 and to be hung out to dry as if I was some no hopper bludger who has never worked a day in his life, yet such a one is being molly coddled to and treated with all respect.
Such is just Typical on todays generation, rewarding the trash, in fact they look up to them, because they are trash. Biden trash !

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the 2nd time that you intervened on someone else's behalf, threatening to report me, which it appears, that you did both times. The first time, I don't even know what I said. And the 2nd time, there was room to mitigate based on the instigator's unwarranted remark, for the sake of argument. So, you appeared to be a little trigger happy, and speaking on behalf of others.

Either way HIH, I am sorry it came down to this, but I think that you butted your nose in an issue that wasn't directed at you, and you caused unnecessary trouble for it, both times.

Relax, DNB. It's not as if I dislike you or something. It's also not like I don't understand having a temper, or having people rub me the wrong way when involved in forum discussions. But when it comes to triggers, you have to admit you have a hair trigger for people setting you off. Occasionally people get to me but other times they don't, and even when they do I at least maintain enough discipline to keep from reducing them to nothing like you will.

So I'm saying just cool it. And yes, I will occasionally butt in when I see a forum member going after someone else. It's nothing against you personally or you in particular, so it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Gotta go,
Hope you have a great day and a great weekend.
- H

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(
The epilogue to the story of the presidency of Donald J. Trump has yet to be written.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Reactions: April_Rose

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my working life as a tradesman, boy I had to bend to everyone everyday it was all a balancing act of trying to keep all running best one could, I got shafted many a time with people who were trying to take total advantage of me on every level.

How's this for a put down, a builder pleads me to do a house for him, but he is going bankrupt and knows he may and has no regards to pay me at all for it. typical ! I have seen that many a time but he could not pay, I considered myself lucky in that, because he got me to start another but I had an dispute with the owner, who did not know what he was talking about at all. he had a crap product that he demanded me to use and silly ideas trying to over rule me and the builder as well, so I just said nothing and packed up and walked out with 2 days work down the drain and I was glad and when I found out old mate just had gone broke, I was glad because I did not get screwed for 2 houses.:rolleyes:
I warned old mate the builder to be carful of the 2008 climate but he pressed on and lost one million dollar job coming up and then another so, it hammered him into a position that he was caught out, he was young and did not understand such things, as he thought he was doing so well. so many of them do not know the foundations of all such things, as they are dreaming or blind behind the wheel with no navigational regards and end up hitting a sallow sand bank they did not see coming.

I would have my wife complain about people she had to deal with in the Bank and mates on a wage complain about whatever, but I said just wait till you get stung for thousands of dollars out of pocket and then come and talk to me. I would get, oh someone was rude to me today ! boy I got that everyday not to mention they were costing me money as well and disregard of my work, that was like the norm. I would have to spend hours rectifying there damage. it was like putting your wallet on the bar and all took advantage of it as they seen fit.
Now how's this, I point out to the builder that I have made $6 an hour on his job, in my hand when I have worked it all out, that's a fact and I get back in anger from such No ! you made good money. I just told you what I truly made in my hand fool, because I always work such out you moron. I know what I am truly making, I am not driving blindly like a builder that takes advantage of all around them to keep themselves a float and has not a clue of where he truly stands on a job. because the clown is only looking at things from the gross amount. not to mention that I know the difference between a good builder and a bad one to work for and to get back, No you don't. Yes I do ! I started in this game from 1971 and to be hung out to dry as if I was some no hopper bludger who has never worked a day in his life, yet such a one is being molly coddled to and treated with all respect.
Such is just Typical on todays generation, rewarding the trash, in fact they look up to them, because they are trash. Biden trash !
The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord shine His face on you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face to you and give you peace. The Lord Is My Shepherd

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(
Never hook your faith up to a political figure, not matter how charismatic he is. God isn't in the business of fixing everything so we can have everything our way. We brought this on ourselves by our sin and poor judgment. Pray that God has mercy on this nation, but don't expect him to just fix everything for us.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never hook your faith up to a political figure, not matter how charismatic he is. God isn't in the business of fixing everything so we can have everything our way. We brought this on ourselves by our sin and poor judgment. Pray that God has mercy on this nation, but don't expect him to just fix everything for us.

1 Timothy 2:1-4
Instructions on worship
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, .

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is almost no sight more sickening than to see the Democrats with their tails up, the likes of Pelosi and Schumer. But the church survived 8 years of Obama and 8 years of Clinton.

Hey I was rooting for Trumpy before most Republicans were, I listened to what he was saying ... and I'm British, but I knew he wouldn't make it this time and I'm very sorry. The thing to watch is what the Biden administration does about Israel. ... and Iran.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own experience with faith was a troubled one at the beginning for me, and I struggled with what it really was and worried about holding onto it. Then one day I was reading a book, I don't recall the author but he quoted C. S. Lewis and from that day on that quote has kept me faithful (not perfect, far from that). I wish I could remember the exact quote but what Mr. Lewis said was that faith was a choice. We will always have struggles and rarely get our own way about things, but one thing no one can take from us is the ability to choose. So for me no matter how bad it gets, I choose to serve God. I wish I could do that perfectly and no one will, but I also realize if I don't choose faith, I have no where else to go. I am sharing this experience with you in the hope a word or two will give you some strength.
Hello @SkaraBrae and welcome to the forums.
"We will always have struggles and rarely get our own way about things, but one thing no one can take from us is the ability to choose. "

Amen, and when we totally submit (desiring HIS way, not our own) is when we can see how He works :) Let Him mold us...not my will but yours's be done... :)

Reactions: SkaraBrae

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
have to go underground churches . cause you just wait and watch what Biden and Harris are gonna pass .
We need to be finding lambs who love JESUS and every word of Truth and having little house churches .
Cause whatever mainstream churches havent arlready sold out , well when these laws pass
The sooner they learn that following Jesus is going to cost them everything, the better.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW- HOME CHURCH'S, for sure!! Would love to find one. :)

Reactions: amigo de christo