Amalek people

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't kill people or more specifically, children?

Now that's an interesting statement. How do you rationalize disasters, death by natural causes, child murders, and so on? God enables bad things to happen. Isn't that called accessory in our time? If you're rationalizing that God doesn't kill people (or at least have some part of it), then you might as well say he doesn't exist. We all die, period. Children die, period.

Is Jesus Christ the savior of the world? On top of that, is he your Savior? I realize you believe in God, but I've heard that statement often. Agnostics believe in God, it's just always better to press a little deeper and harder. Thanks.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
God doesn't kill people or more specifically, children?

Now that's an interesting statement. How do you rationalize disasters, death by natural causes, child murders, and so on? God enables bad things to happen. Isn't that called accessory in our time? If you're rationalizing that God doesn't kill people (or at least have some part of it), then you might as well say he doesn't exist. We all die, period. Children die, period.
Sure, natural disasters happen. But did God do it? No. It just happens. So you believe God is like Zeus and strikes people down with lightning?

Is Jesus Christ the savior of the world? On top of that, is he your Savior? I realize you believe in God, but I've heard that statement often.
Yes I do.

But I really REALLY want a couple of replies to 1,2,3 and 4.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, that is why I am writing my book. Because I know God wouldn't send a "giant flood" (which is more ridicules then Humpty Dumpty by the way), and on top of that, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that a giant flood ever happened. And I know God would never ask someone to slit a child's throat. Or thrust a knife into a child's little chest.

Some people are REALLY messed up to believe this. I mean if you watch a violent show where children get hurt or killed that is REALLY messed up, but to endorse/support killing children in real life IS INFINITY MESSED UP. You agree?

I am not singling out only the Hebrew tribes. I fight anyone who kills innocent people.
Do you believe in Jesus of the NT? He believed in the Genesis Flood.

Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV)
[sup]37 [/sup]But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. [sup]38 [/sup]For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, [sup]39 [/sup]and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, natural disasters happen. But did God do it? No. It just happens. So you believe God is like Zeus and strikes people down with lightning?

No, but you acknoweldge that God created the world and everything in it, right? Or does God have no control over the very natural ocurrences that he created?

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
No, but you acknoweldge that God created the world and everything in it, right?Or does God have no control over the very natural ocurrences that he created?
Yes, but allowing something to happen and making something happen is 2 totally different things. Agree?

Do you believe in Jesus of the NT?
Yes.

He believed in the Genesis Flood.
Perhaps a mistranslation/forgery? But the evidenve for a globull flood is not there.

But please answer the questions. I really need answers.

Doppleganger

Mar 21, 2010
If you can answer these questions first for us, I will be glad to answer also!

1) Would you stab a child in this photo?* [Note: Emotional Appeal]

2) If they asked why you were murdering them, what would you say to them? [Note:Rationalization-Justification]

3) What is going through your minds when you say you would murder a child? [Note:Depends Who?]

4) If you were sent into a time machine, would you have honestly joined the wholesale slaughter of children?

[Note: Another Legal Court-Like Leading Question from Circumstance (Situational Ethics) Made to Rationalize Emotional Appeals]

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
So you expect me, a loving caring person to believe this? God would never do that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek

Hello Dr. Smart,

In the Bible, it says that to know the Father is through His Son. We read the Old Testament in light of the New Testament. So, I agree with you. God did not do this. It was man who sins, and there are consequences to sin. When Adam and Eve sin, the consequence to sin is death. God's words is truth. When He told Adam and Eve that when they touch and eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they will die. This was not God punishing them. It was the consequence of their sin.

As for the global flood, you are correct, there is no evidence of it. On my island, there are no myths or legends of any global flood. There is, however, evidence of a flood in Mesopotamia. The person who wrote the global flood is unaware of the size of his world; therefore, to him, a disasterous flood in Mesopotamia at that time may seem like a world flood in his eyes. The message that God wants us to know from this global flood is that the righteous will be saved and the wicked will not be saved. It is the same message that Jesus was saying over and over in the New Testament.

In Christ,
Selene

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
If you can answer these questions first for us, I will be glad to answer also!

1) Would you stab a child in this photo?* [Note: Emotional Appeal]

2) If they asked why you were murdering them, what would you say to them? [Note:Rationalization-Justification]

3) What is going through your minds when you say you would murder a child? [Note:Depends Who?]

4) If you were sent into a time machine, would you have honestly joined the wholesale slaughter of children?

[Note: Another Legal Court-Like Leading Question from Circumstance (Situational Ethics) Made to Rationalize Emotional Appeals]
Is this your final answer?

I wasn't looking for an evasion style answer. I was wanting, well, at least a yes or no. Can you give me that?

In the Bible, it says that to know the Father is through His Son. We read the Old Testament in light of the New Testament. So, I agree with you. God did not do this. It was man who sins, and there are consequences to sin. When Adam and Eve sin, the consequence to sin is death. God's words is truth. When He told Adam and Eve that when they touch and eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they will die. This was not God punishing them. It was the consequence of their sin.

As for the global flood, you are correct, there is no evidence of it. On my island, there are no myths or legends of any global flood. There is, however, evidence of a flood in Mesopotamia. The person who wrote the global flood is unaware of the size of his world; therefore, to him, a disasterous flood in Mesopotamia at that time may seem like a world flood in his eyes. The message that God wants us to know from this global flood is that the righteous will be saved and the wicked will not be saved. It is the same message that Jesus was saying over and over in the New Testament.
God is always the same. It says so in the Bible. God ain't commanding genocides today, and God wasn't then. Joshua was a fraud. No different then Jim Jones.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
God is always the same. It says so in the Bible. God ain't commanding genocides today, and God wasn't then. Joshua was a fraud. No different then Jim Jones.

God revealed Himself to the Jewish people in their history. Thus, despite how violent their history was, God's message was written in their history; therefore, Joshua was not a fraud. For Christians, God revealed Himself in the person of His Son. As I said, we read the Old Testament in light of the New Testament.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
God revealed Himself to the Jewish people in their history. Thus, despite how violent their history was, God's message was written in their history; therefore, Joshua was not a fraud. For Christians, God revealed Himself in the person of His Son. As I said, we read the Old Testament in light of the New Testament.
I suggest you watch this about "good ol Joshua":
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=904cSdShfic
The guy was a baby murderer.

Prove God was "commanding" Joshua and the Israelites. And don't give me any Bible verses to back up your point as that is circular reasoning.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes.

Perhaps a mistranslation/forgery? But the evidenve for a globull
flood is not there.

But please answer the questions. I really need answers.

The Flood is mentioned several places in the Bible. You believe the Bible, right?

2 Peter 2:4-5 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; [sup]5 [/sup]and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

It's interesting reading those who believe they are wiser than God. Doesn't sound like you've read the Bible.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
The Flood is mentioned several places in the Bible. You believe the Bible, right?
Yes, but not all of it. Explain how Kangaroos got to Australia. Did they hop from Turkey to Australia?

It's interesting reading those who believe they are wiser than God.
Now that is laughable.

Doesn't sound like you've read the Bible.
I have read the whole Bible and some parts twice. Plus I have read the whole Koran.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but please PLEASE someone answer my questions. That is what I came here for.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes, but not all of it. Explain how Kangaroos got to Australia. Did they hop from Turkey to Australia?

Now that is laughable.

I have read the whole Bible and some parts twice. Plus I have read the whole Koran.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but please PLEASE someone answer my questions. That is what I came here for.
Whether anyone likes it or not God drowned everyone on Earth but 8, including babies. He didn't have to ask for permission.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
Whether anyone likes it or not God drowned everyone on Earth but 8, including babies. He didn't have to ask for permission.
Explain to me how Kangaroos got from Turkey to Australia. And I have debunked your bronze age flood myth in one of my former posts. It didn't happen. Deal with it.

My brother, God gave us free will.
Concurred.

God does not force anyone to do anything.
True. But what does this have to do with anything? And did you watch the video?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Explain to me how Kangaroos got from Turkey to Australia. And I have debunked your bronze age flood myth in one of my former posts. It didn't happen. Deal with it.
Christians believe in the Flood because God says it's true. Not because they can prove that God exists.

Genesis 7:17-23 (NKJV)
[sup]17 [/sup]Now the flood was on the earth forty days. The waters increased and lifted up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. [sup]18 [/sup]The waters prevailed and greatly increased on the earth, and the ark moved about on the surface of the waters. [sup]19 [/sup]And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. [sup]20 [/sup]The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. [sup]21 [/sup]And all flesh died that moved on the earth: birds and cattle and beasts and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man. [sup]22 [/sup]All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, all that was on the dry land, died. [sup]23 [/sup]So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground: both man and cattle, creeping thing and bird of the air. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah and those who were with him in the ark remained alive.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
True. But what does this have to do with anything? And did you watch the video?

You misunderstand my post. I agree with you. God is not a murderer. One knows who God the Father is through His Son. His Son does not have any sins. God also does not have any sins. God is not a murderer. In the Old Testament, it only looks like God is a vengeful and murderous God only because one does not read it in the light of the New Testament.

God revealed Himself in the history of the Jewish people. In other words, God's message is in the history of the Jews despite that the Jews had a very violent history. Not everything in the Bible should be taken literally. In other words, just because the Bible spoke of a world flood does not mean that the entire earth was in a flood. There is no evidence of a world flood, but there is evidence of a great flood in Mesopotamia. Therefore, the person who wrote about the global flood in the Bible was really not referring to a world flood but to this great flood in Mesopotamia. The person who wrote about the flood have no idea how big the earth is. There is no way he would have known that everything in the earth was flooded. To him, it would seem like the entire earth was in a flood, but actually it was only in Mesopotamia. The message of the Great Flood is not that God flooded the earth. The real message is a warning that those who are righteous like Noah and his family will be saved and those who are wicked will not be saved. This is the same message that Jesus keeps saying over and over in the New Testament even in His parables. The warnings in the Old Testament coming from God is the same warning told in the New Testament.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
Christians believe in the Flood because God says it's true. Not because they can prove that God exists.
1) Explain how kangaroos got to Australia from Turkey.

2) You obviously are a literalist. Then you believe the genocide of the Amaleks was just, so please answer 1,2,3 and 4.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
1) Explain how kangaroos got to Australia from Turkey.
Are you a kangaroo expert?
2) You obviously are a literalist. Then you believe the genocide of the Amaleks was just, so please answer 1,2,3 and 4.
Well yeah, I believe the Bible. Whatever God does or commands is "just". It's really that simple. And He's not done yet. There's a lot more to come soon.

Revelation 9:15 (NKJV)
[sup]15 [/sup]So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

Dr.Smart

Feb 10, 2011
Are you a kangaroo expert?
LOL. You don't have to be.

Well yeah, I believe the Bible. Whatever God does or commands is "just". It's really that simple. And He's not done yet. There's a lot more to come soon.
Then if that is what you believe, answer 1,2,3 and 4. And please answer point by point. And can I include your answer word for word? I will credit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.