An Omniscient God Negates Free Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why would Jesus believe in himself? Why would he need to believe that he was apart of the trinity of God? Why do human beings exemplify beliefs above all things? Maybe because it is easier to believe away all our problems rather than brave the unknown and make that change. We can't fix ourselves if we dont change our thinking; and how can we change our thinking if our beliefs about the world and the universe are never at fault.

It is a stalemate and no one wins.

I don’t believe what you’ve mistakenly concluded that I do.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Your premise concerning Jesus and what I believe is incorrect.
Why do you use the word believe when Jesus is someone you actually know to be real. Do we refer to people we know to be real on the basis that we believe them to be real? It's that coffee shop scenario. It will teach you so much about the usage of belief in conjunction with knowing nothing at all.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why do you use the word believe when Jesus is someone you actually know to be real. Do we refer to people we know to be real on the basis that we believe them to be real? It's that coffee shop scenario. It will teach you so much about the usage of belief in conjunction with knowing nothing at all.

What difference does it make to a person who has said that he is incapable of believing anything?

Reactions: RLT63

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Matthias I began to start a conversation with you specifically. I got a message saying I cannot start a conversation with you. I wonder if you can start a conversation with me? Let me know..thanks

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What difference does it make to a person who has said that he is incapable of believing anything?
There's a diffrence between accepting an assumption as a fact (To accept a belief(s) as absolute truth) and making an assumption until the facts arrive. If your beliefs can not be disproven before you have any facts to prove them, then you have a knowledge problem. I have to get the f away from you people, you are no diffrent than the common drug addict.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@Matthias I began to start a conversation with you specifically. I got a message saying I cannot start a conversation with you. I wonder if you can start a conversation with me? Let me know..thanks

Hi APAK! I haven’t seen you around for a while. Good to hear from you again.

I’ve mentioned to a couple of other members of the board that I’ve had a bad experience with pm’s in the past so I avoid communicating with others in that way. The general policy which I have established for myself on internet discussion forums is that if I can’t say something to someone publicly then I probably shouldn’t say whatever that something is to someone privately. I will and have made exceptions, but I prefer to be transparent.

P.S.

I’m restricted where I’m allowed to post on Christianity Board. If you’d like to start a new thread in a non-Christian forum, I’d be happy to discuss any topic you have on your mind with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and RLT63

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There's a diffrence between accepting an assumption as a fact (To accept a belief(s) as absolute truth) and making an assumption until the facts arrive. If your beliefs can not be disproven before you have any facts to prove them, then you have a knowledge problem. I have to get the f away from you people, you are no diffrent than the common drug addict.

You’ve already explained (see post #43 in ”The End is Better than it’s Beginning” thread) why you’ve selected the strategy that you have for not believing anything. Facts aren’t the issue. No matter how many facts you’re provided, you‘ve made it clear that you’re incapable of believing anything.

My question was concerning what you get out of any response from me - and / or others, for that matter. It fills a need that you have. I can only guess at what that need is, and I’m not going to do that.

My next question isn’t for you; it’s for me.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi APAK! I haven’t seen you around for a while. Good to hear from you again.

I’ve mentioned to a couple of other members of the board that I’ve had a bad experience with pm’s in the past so I avoid communicating with others in that way. The general policy which I have established for myself on internet discussion forums is that if I can’t say something to someone publicly then I probably shouldn’t say whatever that something is to someone privately. I will and have made exceptions, but I prefer to be transparent.

P.S.

I’m restricted where I’m allowed to post on Christianity Board. If you’d like to start a new thread in a non-Christian forum, I’d be happy to discuss any topic you have on your mind with you.
Thanks for you reply and I'm happy you are the same mind and spirit.

I still have a few Qs for
1. So any inference or implicit suggestion of the Trinity for or against it, or revealing that the Father is never the Son and vis-a- versa, is now prohibited? Is that the way you see it?
2. Why did you change your faith status to Other? Because of the Trinity thing?
3. Why cannot I even establish a conversation with you in 'private' any more?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You’ve already explained (see post #43 in ”The End is Better than it’s Beginning” thread) why you’ve selected the strategy that you have for not believing anything. Facts aren’t the issue. No matter how many facts you’re provided, you‘ve made it clear that you’re incapable of believing anything.

My question was concerning what you get out of any response from me - and / or others, for that matter. It fills a need that you have. I can only guess at what that need is, and I’m not going to do that.

My next question isn’t for you; it’s for me.
I don't really want to be here. Something feels that it needs me to be here, so here I am. I try to reason with that feeling, but the feeling overpowers me. I am not on the streets anymore, and have other things I want to do (More so) This feeling won't let me, it's very demanding.

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you want some facts you can look up any of the cosmological or ontological arguments for God's existence.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you want some facts you can look up any of the cosmological or ontological arguments for God's existence.
And aside from that, you have the eyewitness testimonies of Jesus which were recorded into the Bible, and the thousands of NDE's, which are not scientifically explainable, which all describe life after death and spiritual entities.

Luke 16
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Thanks for you reply and I'm happy you are the same mind and spirit.

I still have a few Qs for
1. So any inference or implicit suggestion of the Trinity for or against it, or revealing that the Father is never the Son and vis-a- versa, is now prohibited? Is that the way you see it?

I thought so for a while, but the moderators have been lax in enforcing the policy. In light of that, put me down for a maybe.

2. Why did you change your faith status to Other? Because of the Trinity thing?

I changed my faith status to “Other“ for the sake of someone else’s conscience.

3. Why cannot I even establish a conversation with you in 'private' any more?

It has solely to do with the way I‘ve arranged my settings and my own personal policy regarding pm conversations. The owner, administrators, moderators and staff members haven’t prohibited it. I’m sorry if I inadvertently gave you the impression that they have.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't really want to be here. Something feels that it needs me to be here, so here I am. I try to reason with that feeling, but the feeling overpowers me. I am not on the streets anymore, and have other things I want to do (More so) This feeling won't let me, it's very demanding.

You have no self control. Someone, or something, else is controlling your life.

I‘ve already given you the prescription for what ails you. That won’t change.

You’ve already expressed your preference for a violent alternative, which won’t solve your problem.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why are those supposed facts not in the Bible? Because the Bible (I apologize for saying this) only reflects the same amount of understanding the locals had of their world. Isn't that a strange coincidence that what God knew about the earth and the universe, the other animals and the forces of nature was on par with the current knowledge of people in those times.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You have no self control. Someone, or something, else is controlling your life.

I‘ve already given you the prescription for what ails you. That won’t change.

You’ve already expressed your preference. That won’t solve your problem.
Actually. You have no idea what I have accomplished personally in the last 5 year's. Nothing to do with (Engineering a safe little habitat so I can represent) But that thorn in my side, that I can not remove. Paul's thorn as they say, that is there to keep you sober minded :)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Actually. You have no idea what I have accomplished personally in the last 5 year's. Nothing to do with (Engineering a safe little habitat so I can represent) But that thorn in my side, that I can't remove, Paul's thorn as they say, that is there to keep you sober minded :)

Actually, you’re the one who is acting like a drug addict.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are those supposed facts not in the Bible? Because the Bible (I apologize for this) only reflects the same amount of understanding the locals. Isn't that a strange coincidence that what God knew about the earth and the universe, other animals and the forces of nature was on par with the current knowledge of the time.
Why aren't there cosmological or ontological arguments in the Bible? Because most people assumed that a prophet calling flaming chariots from the sky would be proof enough of God and didn't feel the need for mathematically-notated logical equations?

Aristotle and Plato lived hundreds of years before Christ and had all this stuff figured out anyways, the Prime Mover argument comes from Aristotle so there is a good place to start.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Actually, you’re the one who is acting like a drug addict.
She is very intoxicating to think about.
Should I post that NIN song "The perfect drug" I think it's safe to say of myself that I'd rather be addicted to the thought of a person than a drug chemical. It's ultimately healthier, plus there's no chance those other drug's are going love me back. (I know) I should get addicted to God. So basically it all comes down to "Pick your addiction" Like George Carlin said "Pick your superstition. 50/50 it's all the same"