An Omniscient God Negates Free Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is all about you. Just getting me to believe the beliefs in your head. You don't give a rat's about knowing me and being personally involved, it's all about getting another notch on your belt. I know you'll flat out deny it, flat out turn the tables around. Sorry but Christian love stinks.
So can you please tell me what my real name is, if you know so much about me?

I can't even get fellow Christains to believe what I believe, I will just speak as I believe to be true.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The one true God - the God and Father of Jesus - is indivisible.

Trinitarians should be telling you that their deity is also indivisible.
Why is God indivisible? Where do you think your soul comes from? If God is unlimited then God can't be limited to being unlimited and must experience being limited as well. Experience - is the entire point of everything. Infinite knowledge has no meaning if nothing exists. If God didn't want to experience every possible experience, the universe would not even exist to begin with. The Bible says in multiple places (Revelations, 1 Corinthians, etc.) that everything will return to God. Everything. All things began with God and all things will have a unity of wills with God in the end. And as this is an event of the infinite, it means this has happened, is happening now, and will happen again in the future.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Why is God indivisible?

What explanation have trinitarians given you for their belief that their deity is indivisible?

Where do you think your soul comes from? If God is unlimited then God can't be limited to being unlimited and must experience being limited as well. Experience - is the entire point of everything. Infinite knowledge has no meaning if nothing exists. If God didn't want to experience every possible experience, the universe would not even exist to begin with. The Bible says in multiple places (Revelations, 1 Corinthians, etc.) that everything will return to God. Everything. All things began with God and all things will have a unity of wills with God in the end. And as this is an event of the infinite, it means this has happened, is happening now, and will happen again in the future.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So can you please tell me what my real name is, if you know so much about me?

I can't even get fellow Christains to believe what I believe, I will just speak as I believe to be true.
That's been my argument for so long. How can I know someone through a wall of beliefs.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why is God indivisible? Where do you think your soul comes from? If God is unlimited then God can't be limited to being unlimited and must experience being limited as well. Experience - is the entire point of everything. Infinite knowledge has no meaning if nothing exists. If God didn't want to experience every possible experience, the universe would not even exist to begin with. The Bible says in multiple places (Revelations, 1 Corinthians, etc.) that everything will return to God. Everything. All things began with God and all things will have a unity of wills with God in the end. And as this is an event of the infinite, it means this has happened, is happening now, and will happen again in the future.
Doesn't the saying body, mind and soul originate from new-age believers. Shouldn't the phrase be coined (Body, mind and emotions) I find it a curious reality that feelings are generally disregarded in this worker day world.
R.jpeg
Our emotional centre I think act as our sixth sense. Mirror neurons do confirm we understand our external environment with our emotional sensory perception. But what do we actually know about how our emotions function? Where's educational facilities for understanding how and why we feel? I don't think there are school's for learning our feelings.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What explanation have trinitarians given you for their belief that their deity is indivisible?
I have not heard any decent arguments for God being indivisible. Even attempting to look it up online, I can't find any. Maybe there are some good arguments, but I am ignorant of them.

Anyways, I agree in a sense that God is indivisible: God is the only thing that exists and the only thing that can ever exist. An infinite consciousness which encompasses everything and nothing exists outside of.

So being that God encompasses everything, there is nothing outside of God to observe. God looks inward eternally. Each thing that exists is an aspect of God, it is a permanent part of God. So just like a person has a left eye and a right eye, each aspect of God has a unique perspective. This unique perspective can be said to be a "division" of God.

Were God not divisible, nothing could exist.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's been my argument for so long. How can I know someone through a wall of beliefs.
By the fruits you shall know the tree

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Doesn't the saying body, mind and soul originate from new-age believers. Shouldn't the phrase be coined (Body, mind and emotions) I find it a curious reality that feelings are generally disregarded in this worker day world.
View attachment 30025
Our emotional centre I think act as our sixth sense. Mirror neurons do confirm we understand our external environment with our emotional sensory perception. But what do we actually know about how our emotions function? Where's educational facilities for understanding how and why we feel? I don't think there are school's for learning our feelings.
A soul is a real thing, separate from emotions. Emotions would be an aspect of the mind.

If you want to believe in a purely materialistic universe, then tell me the age of existence itself. I assume you will say infinite. Now this necessitates metaphysics to begin with, but that argument aside, the only way for anything to exist as an event of the infinite is cyclically. The author HP Lovecraft wrote "that is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die". If existence cycles on and on forever, universes born and die, then anything that has happened before is destined to happen again. So even in a purely materialistic universe, you must conclude that there exists life after death.

Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
By the fruits you shall know the tree

Galatians 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

A soul is a real thing, separate from emotions. Emotions would be an aspect of the mind.

If you want to believe in a purely materialistic universe, then tell me the age of existence itself. I assume you will say infinite. Now this necessitates metaphysics to begin with, but that argument aside, the only way for anything to exist as an event of the infinite is cyclically. The author HP Lovecraft wrote "that is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die". If existence cycles on and on forever, universes born and die, then anything that has happened before is destined to happen again. So even in a purely materialistic universe, you must conclude that there exists life after death.

Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
I don't discount a soul, it's just that you assume that because I don't believe alongside with you I must disregard idea's such as souls. Beyond that I have read the Bible enough to understand it's overall message, but why can't any Christian concede this.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't discount a soul, it's just that you assume that because I don't believe alongside with you I must disregard idea's such as souls. Beyond that I have read the Bible enough to understand its overall message, but why can't any Christian concede this.

You are a soul.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have not heard any decent arguments for God being indivisible. Even attempting to look it up online, I can't find any. Maybe there are some good arguments, but I am ignorant of them.

Anyways, I agree in a sense that God is indivisible: God is the only thing that exists and the only thing that can ever exist. An infinite consciousness which encompasses everything and nothing exists outside of.

So being that God encompasses everything, there is nothing outside of God to observe. God looks inward eternally. Each thing that exists is an aspect of God, it is a permanent part of God. So just like a person has a left eye and a right eye, each aspect of God has a unique perspective. This unique perspective can be said to be a "division" of God.

Were God not divisible, nothing could exist.

Standard trinitarian fare. (As a Jewish monotheist, I reject it.)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You are a soul.
I personally think that we create our souls here from earth. If I learn nothing about my existence here I create nothing later. That's it, I think that is fair. Why should anything living continue it's journey if it doesn't care to learn and expand it's understanding.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I personally think that we create our souls here from earth.

That’s not what Jesus thinks. He’s grounded in scripture; you’re not.

Who cares what Jesus thinks?

If I learn nothing about my existence here I create nothing later. That's it, I think that is fair. Why should anything living continue its journey if it doesn't care to learn and expand its understanding.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't discount a soul, it's just that you assume that because I don't believe alongside with you I must disregard idea's such as souls.
You said "body mind and soul" should be replaced with "body mind and emotion" which seemed to me to be implying that you did not believe in a metaphysical soul.

Beyond that I have read the Bible enough to understand it's overall message, but why can't any Christian concede this.
I don't know what your full position is, I haven't read this thread from the beginning. You'll have to clue me in.

Standard trinitarian fare. (As a Jewish monotheist, I reject it.)

I wouldn't describe myself as a trinitarian.

Anyways, I can prove that God is divisible very easily: God is omnipresent, correct? If God is omnipresent, then God is in you. If God is in you, then you are a part of God. If God can have parts, then God can cause Himself to experience being limited.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That’s not what Jesus thinks. He’s grounded in scripture; you’re not.

Who cares what Jesus thinks?
Jesus as he taught would expect me to leave places like these. Paul said

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

I can recite numerous New Testament passages where for the sake of faith a believer should not associate with Christians who are puffed up and hypocritical. Paul says in the beginning of the letter Romans that if you think you are guide to the blind check your walk first.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyways, I can prove that God is divisible very easily: God is omnipresent, correct? If God is omnipresent, then God is in you. If God is in you, then you are a part of God. If God can have parts, then God can cause Himself to experience being limited.
To elaborate on this a little:

In what realm does omnipotence exist? In the realm of the mind. Your existence, is within God's mind. This makes you an aspect of God's consciousness.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You said "body mind and soul" should be replaced with "body mind and emotion" which seemed to me to be implying that you did not believe in a metaphysical soul.

I don't know what your full position is, I haven't read this thread from the beginning. You'll have to clue me in.
What clues are you looking for.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus as he taught would expect me to leave places like these. Paul said

1 Corinthians 4:20
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

I can recite numerous New Testament passages where for the sake of faith a believer should not associate with Christians who are puffed up and hypocritical. Paul says in the beginning of the letter Romans that if you think you are guide to the blind check your walk first.

While I believe you have some understanding of Jesus, you aren’t a follower of him. What good will that do you?