An Omniscient God Negates Free Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I wouldn't describe myself as a trinitarian.

I gathered that from some of your comments. That’s why I inquired what those who do say they are trinitarian have explained to you about their deity.

Anyways, I can prove that God is divisible very easily: God is omnipresent, correct?

Yes. God is omnipresent.

If God is omnipresent, then God is in you. If God is in you, then you are a part of God. If God can have parts, then God can cause Himself to experience being limited.

God is only one person. God is in me, and in others, but neither I nor they are him; nor is he us.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I gathered that from some of your comments. That’s why I inquired what those who do say they are trinitarian have explained to you about their deity.
Ah, okay, now I see what you are asking.

The essential argument for the trinity, in the very simplistic way I understand it, is that the Father is the binding force of all things. I suppose you could say that it is God's primary consciousness. The Son is the Logos of God, which is, I suppose you could say, like a meditative train of thought, but on a cosmic scale, which causes things to come into existence, then you have the Holy Spirit, which is the Final Cause, which acts within those who have already achieved salvation.

Yes. God is omnipresent.
If everything is inside God, then what does that make us? Where does this consciousness of ours come from? What makes us real? Nothing exists outside of God's consciousness. So this consciousness of ours comes from God's consciousness.

God is only one person. God is in me, and in others, but neither I nor they are him.
God is in you indeed, and what is the nature of God's presence in you? God's presence in you is to give you consciousness. You cannot think of yourself and God as being separate, or that there is any part of you that is not part of God.

Here is a question: why do the commandments require us to be kind to one another? If God is on a cloud, completely removed from Man, why does He care about what evil men do? In fact, here is a better question: why do men exist at all, or anything else for that matter? There is only one possible answer: to experience it. God is in us to experience life, and we have the power to create any possible experience, to make this world a beautiful adventure or a complete hell. This is why God is just: because whatever you inflict onto others you inflict onto yourself.

Genesis 9:6
“Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll say it again: there is a difference between self-will and spiritual-will.

Not everything selfish is wrong, not everything self-less is needed.

This generation doesn't need to believe, any more than the next generation needs to remove the previous generation's faith.

If despite all this, we love God: we have done well.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So what do we do?
John 13
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
John 13
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
What kind of love?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There's just no point in reasoning with believers. I don't lnow what else to say, do, I've gone down every road and it ends the same way. This is true evil, believing is true evil. I want no part of believers anymore, it's such a toxic environment.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There's just no point in reasoning with believers. I don't lnow what else to say, do, I've gone down every road and it ends the same way. This is true evil, believing is true evil. I want no part of believers anymore, it's such a toxic environment.

You don’t believe that; neither do I.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What kind of love?
Like between siblings
I don't know what Matthias or I have done to deserve such abuse. We're just having a peaceful discussion.

Reactions: Matthias

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Like between siblings

I don't know what Matthias or I have done to deserve such abuse. We're just having a peaceful discussion.
I'll give you and the other believer's here a plausible theoretical reason how beliefs corrupt the sense areas of the brain.

There's no such thing as we term someone who is a psychopath. What is universally accepted about those individuals is that they display no empathetic drive, no feelings for what harm they do or have done to others. They've become like that because of their particular beliefs. Beliefs stop (Prevent) the person from accessing their emotions. (There's actually nothing wrong with them except for that)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'll give you and the other believer's here a plausible theoretical reason how beliefs corrupt the sense areas of the brain.

There's no such thing as we term someone who is a psychopath. What is universally accepted about those individuals is that they display no empathetic drive, no feelings for what harm they do or have done to others. They've become like that because of their particular beliefs. Beliefs stop (Prevent) the person from accessing their emotions. (There's actually nothing wrong with them except for that)
Continuation:

On the other hand certain beliefs can cause a sensory magnification (Not localised just in the emotional area, beliefs do effect the other 5 senses) which unfortunately cause a myriad of psychological conditions we notice everywhere today. Someone who's behaviour is typical of a sociopath is someone whos beliefs only block (Prevent) some emotions rather than most.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was a party to the very same beliefs the world offered me and I paid dearly for believing reality away. I don't think I'll ever fully recover, and the damage is beyond what happened to my mind.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Basically belief organisation are just a primitive form for human sensory hacking.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The idea of some people as psychopaths is really just a way of dehumanizing them. The Bible calls it having a heart of stone. Having a heart of flesh hurts, so people often don't want to feel anything.

Continuation:

On the other hand certain beliefs can cause a sensory magnification (Not localised just in the emotional area, beliefs do effect the other 5 senses) which unfortunately cause a myriad of psychological conditions we notice everywhere today. Someone who's behaviour is typical of a sociopath is someone whos beliefs only block (Prevent) some emotions rather than most.
Atheism and agnosticism are also beliefs. Your logic has led you to one conclusion, and my logic to another. It is entirely baseless to assume that emotions have anything to do with what I or other theists believe. There is a very old tradition of philosophy around Christianity, much of it goes back even before Christ, to Socrates and Plato. Does Platonic Idealism cause some people to have psychological symptoms? I suppose it does - questioning existence can be dangerous.

I was a party to the very same beliefs the world offered me and I paid dearly for believing reality away. I don't think I'll ever fully recover, and the damage is beyond what happened to my mind.
The reality is that you control your own mind, no one else does. That is the only thing you can control, and it is the only thing that shapes your reality.

Matthew 5
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Whatever circumstances of your life, that is the rain sent from God, and the same rain falls on the just and unjust. It is how you react to that rain, either by producing fruits or producing weeds from your soul, that your quality is shown.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The idea of some people as psychopaths is really just a way of dehumanizing them. The Bible calls it having a heart of stone. Having a heart of flesh hurts, so people often don't want to feel anything.

Atheism and agnosticism are also beliefs. Your logic has led you to one conclusion, and my logic to another. It is entirely baseless to assume that emotions have anything to do with what I or other theists believe. There is a very old tradition of philosophy around Christianity, much of it goes back even before Christ, to Socrates and Plato. Does Platonic Idealism cause some people to have psychological symptoms? I suppose it does - questioning existence can be dangerous.

The reality is that you control your own mind, no one else does. That is the only thing you can control, and it is the only thing that shapes your reality.

Matthew 5
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Whatever circumstances of your life, that is the rain sent from God, and the same rain falls on the just and unjust. It is how you react to that rain, either by producing fruits or producing weeds from your soul, that your quality is shown.
Like I mentioned many moons ago. When someone accepts a belief they have actually allowed a false fact to pass itself off as truth. In Christianity it's urged for all new members to "Surrender" surrender is this method for introducing all manner of false sensory information as a real factual sense. Which I've already argued with myself can someone under a false medium as this be restored? I don't think so looking at how persistent true believers are. This has to be where I walk away, it's become greatly painful to continue talking about this here. There's nothing to be gained in spending my energy here when I need to put it into other endeavour's that won't cost so much.