ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't do traditions??
Wanna bet??

Do you adhere to Scripture?
Do you believe in the Trinity. the word "Trinity" is a Catholic Tradition.

Do you accept Jesus as your "personal Lord and Savior"?
Do you believe in a Pre-Tribulation "Rapture"?
Do you believe you are “Covered with the righteousness of Christ”?
Do you believe in "Imputed righteousness"?
Do you believe in Sola Scriptura
Do you believe in Sola Fide?
Do you believe in Eternal Security?
These are all Protestant TRADITIONS.
I do not gamble and you should not encourage it or speak for it.
I do adhere to scipture indeed.
I believe in the Father Son and Holy Ghost yes.
Ahh my darling Jesus yes I do love Him.
dont know much about rapture trib etc. Not had much interest in all that. I am more concerd about here and now and what I can do for Him now today.
Oh I am soooo righteous in Christ.
No idea what sola scripture is.
No idea what sola fide is
Not sure what Eternal security is either to be honest.

I think your confusing the catholic church and the protestant church with. The Word of God My Father and My God. So box me if it helps you.
So no I dont hold to tradictions of men sorry.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my misunderstanding. I do not reject the authority of His church,in scripture my authority is Christ and his message to His church is there. Not you or the Pope need to guide me, this is 21st century .And it is in these days that knowledge shall increase. Unfortunately for the RCC people can be governed by God outside of that denomination. Nice try. All I need to do is read what is taught in scripture to follow Christ I do not need a Papal head to understand the Word. I need not look everywhere, I know Yeshua is in His Father's house.
Why do you keep dodging the question about WHO baptized you??
It's a very easy question to answer.

Also - if you don't reject the Authority of His Church - how is it that you don't belong to it?
And - if you believe that the Catholic Church is NOT Christ's Church - to which Church to you submit obedience?

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you continue to violate God's Commandment against bearing FALSE witness?
Why do you LIE?
Read post #293, where I cleared up your false accusations . . .
No false witness Bread. Just a misunderstanding, in which I addressed. Perhaps you did not see it yet. Calm down and take a deep breath. I am NOT attacking you, you are doing the mudslinging and attacking. Your going to have an aneurysm if you do not calm down. God Bless and Peace!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WRONG.
That's NOT what you said.

In post #287, I asked you:
"Soooo, you're saying that Jesus did NOT die on the cross?"

In post #289, YOU responded with:
"Correct. But dont jump to conclusions, I am obviously touching something you never heard or understood. Nor the so called leaders that you hold in such high esteemI asked you"

Here's a little advice for you: If you're going to attempt to debate - make sure you at lest TRY to be honest.
It's always embarrassing when you get caught . . .
See if you cant talk like an adult I dont want to talk to you and push you further in your clear sin. I would really have enjoyed talking with you but not like that. I am not embarressed. I am hurt seeing you talk like that and look to bring down and belittle. We are done matel.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not gamble and you should not encourage it or speak for it.
I do adhere to scipture indeed.
I believe in the Father Son and Holy Ghost yes.
Ahh my darling Jesus yes I do love Him.
dont know much about rapture trib etc. Not had much interest in all that. I am more concerd about here and now and what I can do for Him now today.
Oh I am soooo righteous in Christ.
No idea what sola scripture is.
No idea what sola fide is
Not sure what Eternal security is either to be honest.

I think your confusing the catholic church and the protestant church with. The Word of God My Father and My God. So box me if it helps you.
So no I dont hold to tradictions of men sorry.
Eternal Security = "Once Saved Always Saved."
Sola Scriptura
= The Bible alone is our sole authority.
Sola Fide = we are saved by faith alone.
Do you believe you are “Covered with the righteousness of Christ”?
Do you believe in "Imputed righteousness"?
Do you accept Jesus as your "personal Lord and Savior"?

Do you adhere to ANY of these?
If so - you absolutely follow the traditions of men.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See if you cant talk like an adult I dont want to talk to you and push you further in your clear sin. I would really have enjoyed talking with you but not like that. I am not embarressed. I am hurt seeing you talk like that and look to bring down and belittle. We are done matel.
Then, why did you lie?
Why were you dishonest in our conversation - then blame it all on me?

No - you won't talk to me because I expose you when you lie - and this isn't the first time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No false witness Bread. Just a misunderstanding, in which I addressed. Perhaps you did not see it yet. Calm down and take a deep breath. I am NOT attacking you, you are doing the mudslinging and attacking. Your going to have an aneurysm if you do not calm down. God Bless and Peace!
Ummmm, YOU said that Jesus didn't die - which is outright heresy.
Care to retract your claim?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a ridiculous interpretation - and one that was never held by the Early Church. As a matter of fact, the Early Church Fathers held to the orthodox Christian interpretation of the resurrection of the body.

The Apostles’ Creed
"I believe in . . . the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the flesh. Amen" (Old Roman Symbol [A.D. 125]).

Polycarp of Smyrna
"Whoever perverts the sayings of the Lord for his own desires, and says that there is neither resurrection nor judgment, such a one is the firstborn of Satan. Let us, therefore, leave the foolishness and the false-teaching of the crowd and turn back to the word which was delivered to us in the beginning" (Letter to the Philippians 7:1–2 [A.D. 135]).

Aristides
"Christians have the commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ himself impressed upon their hearts, and they observe them, awaiting the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come" (Apology 15 [A.D. 140]).

Second Clement
"Let none of you say that this flesh is not judged and does not rise again. Just think: In what state were you saved, and in what state did you recover your [spiritual] sight, if not in the flesh? In the same manner, as you were called in the flesh, so you shall come in the flesh. If Christ, the Lord who saved us, though he was originally spirit, became flesh and in this state called us, so also shall we receive our reward IN THE FLESH. Let us, therefore, love one another, so that we may all come into the kingdom of God" (Second Clement 9:1–6 [A.D. 150]).

Justin Martyr
"the second will take place when, in accord with prophecy, he shall come from the heavens in glory with his angelic host, when he shall raise the bodies of all the men who ever lived. Then he will clothe the worthy in immortality, but the wicked, clothed in eternal sensibility, he will commit to the eternal fire along with the evil demons" (First Apology 52 [A.D. 151]).

"Indeed, God calls even the body to resurrection and promises it everlasting life. When he promises to save the man, he thereby makes his promise to the flesh. What is man but a rational living being composed of soul and body? Is the soul by itself a man? No, it is but the soul of a man. Can the body be called a man? No, it can but be called the body of a man. If, then, neither of these is by itself a man, but that which is composed of the two together is called a man, and if God has called man to life and resurrection, he has called not a part, but the whole, which is the soul and the body" (The Resurrection 8 [A.D. 153]).

Tatian the Syrian
"We believe that there will be a resurrection of bodies after the consummation of all things" (Address to the Greeks 155 [A.D. 170]).

Theophilus of Antioch
"God will raise up your flesh immortal with your soul; and then, having become immortal, you shall see the immortal, if you will believe in him now; and then you will realize that you have spoken against him unjustly." (To Autolycus 1:7–8 [A.D. 181]).

Irenaeus
"For the Church, although dispersed throughout the whole world even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and from their disciples the faith in . . . the raising up again of all flesh of all humanity, in order that to Jesus Christ our Lord and God and Savior and King, in accord with the approval of the invisible Father, every knee shall bend of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue shall confess him, and that he may make just judgment of them all" (Against Heresies 1:10:1–4 [A.D. 189]).

Tertullian
"Therefore, the flesh shall rise again: certainly of every man, certainly the same flesh, and certainly in its entirety." (The Resurrection of the Dead 63:1 [A.D. 210]).

"In regard to that which is called the resurrection of the dead, it is necessary to defend the proper meaning of the terms ‘of the dead’ and ‘resurrection.’ The word ‘dead’ signifies merely that something has lost the soul, by the faculty of which it formerly lived. The term ‘dead’ then applies to a body. Moreover, if resurrection is of the dead, and ‘dead’ applies only to a body, the resurrection will be of a body. . . . ‘To rise’ may be said of that which never in any way fell, but which was always lying down. But ‘to rise again’ can only be said of that which has fallen; for by ‘rising again’ that which fell is said to ‘re-surrect.’ The syllable ‘re-’ always implies iteration [happening again]. We say, therefore, that a body falls to the ground in death . . . and that which falls, rises again" (Against Marcion 5:9:3–4 [A.D. 210]).

Minucius Felix
"The stars go out, but return again. Flowers die, but come to life again. After their decay shrubs put forth leaves again; not unless seeds decay does their strength return. A body in the grave is like the trees in winter: They hide their sap under a deceptive dryness. Why are you in haste for it to revive and return, while yet the winter is raw? We must await even the spring of the body. I am not ignorant of the fact that many, in the consciousness of what they deserve, would rather hope than actually believe that there is nothing for them after death. They would prefer to be annihilated rather than be restored for punishment" (Octavius 34:11–12 [A.D. 226]).

Aphraahat the Persian Sage
"But everything grows in accord with its own nature. So also the body which has been laid in the ground is the same which will rise again" (Treatises 8:3 [A.D. 340]).

(Continued on next post)
Yeah, yeah, and the Jewish leaders got Jesus crucified too. So, you go ahead - blindly follow the leaders..they got a great track record.

Has history taught you nothing?

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you keep dodging the question about WHO baptized you??
It's a very easy question to answer.

Also - if you don't reject the Authority of His Church - how is it that you don't belong to it?
And - if you believe that the Catholic Church is NOT Christ's Church - to which Church to you submit obedience?
You are assuming your denomination is His church. There are people of that denomination who believe (TRULY) but the Catholic Church is NOT the beginning or the end. The apostles and their teachings were here long before your denomination was established. And everywhere they established believers there was Christ 's church. Wherever two or three gathered in His name. Universal= the collect body of believers who hold to the truth of the One True God of the universe,Yeshua. We are in all the corners of the globe. I am not trying to get you to change your denomination. You believe in Christ. I disagree with your present Pope and many others. This has nothing to do with the Word or St. Peter . God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, yeah, and the Jewish leaders got Jesus crucified too. So, you go ahead - blindly follow the leaders..they got a great track record.

Has history taught you nothing?
I guess I should be like YOU and sway with every wind of newly invented doctrines.
Nahhh - I'll go with Christ's Church and it's 2000 year history of orthodox Christianity . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming your denomination is His church. There are people of that denomination who believe (TRULY) but the Catholic Church is NOT the beginning or the end. The apostles and their teachings were here long before your denomination was established. And everywhere they established believers there was Christ 's church. Wherever two or three gathered in His name. Universal= the collect body of believers who hold to the truth of the One True God of the universe,Yeshua. We are in all the corners of the globe. I am not trying to get you to change your denomination. You believe in Christ. I disagree with your present Pope and many others. This has nothing to do with the Word or St. Peter . God Bless!
Soooo, when did the Catholic Church come into existence?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was that bearing false witness? Like you were quick to accuse me of or a misplaced post?
No false witness here.

"Correct."

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No false witness here.

"Correct."
THAT IS A LIE! SHAME ON YOU! When you can NOT win LIE! Surprising !Very Evil.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I should be like YOU and sway with every wind of newly invented doctrines.
Nahhh - I'll go with Christ's Church and it's 2000 year history of orthodox Christianity . . .
Too bad you are destine to the same fate as the blind Jewish leaders... well, not actually that good - oh well.

Enjoy the desert. I hear it's pretty...sometimes.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
That's NOT what you said.

"Correct. But dont jump to conclusions, I am obviously touching something you never heard or understood. Nor the so called leaders that you hold in such high esteemI asked you"

Here's a little advice for you: If you're going to attempt to debate - make sure you at lest TRY to be honest.
It's always embarrassing when you get caught . . .
You have the WRONG PERSON, post#284 I said exactly what I believe concerning Christ. You better go take your medicine.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No false witness here.

"Correct."
Sorry to burst your bubble, no I gotcha moment. Post #289 was Ally.s.j's.Check yourself!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then you are a Protestant by definition.
Your definition you are in Christ, a Christian or you are in church,

This bit

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co_6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

If you put a man in a JW church he will be come a JW, be impossible to be come anything else,
Put a man in teh catholic church he will become a catholic, no way will he become a morman, because its teh catholic doctrines and traditions he will serve.
Put a man in the SDA church he will become a SDA for that is what he is joined to, its doctrines , tradition he will serve.

Now take a man and let Him go to Christ, and He will become a Christian, and Christ will do what He does best, change that man into His own image, for that is what a Christians is supposed to be.

Take a stick put it into a red tin of paint it wont become blue, is it so hard to understand.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do

and so it will be untill all eyes see,

Reactions: EndTimeWine