ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you when, in your opinion, was the Catholic Church founded and by whom?
Since you deny that the Catholic Church is the Church that Jesus Christ founded, this post has not answered the question.
Again a play and twist on the use of Words. Let me ask you a question is Christianity our religion or Catholic? And when was the term Universal applied by an apostle?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More nails - how surprising!
If that's a reference to the nails that pierced out Lord - you have a LOT of nerve comparing yourself to Him.
Unbelievable arrogance . . .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Again a play and twist on the use of Words. Let me ask you a question is Christianity our religion or Catholic? And when was the term Universal applied by an apostle?

I have not played on words and you have not answered my question.

Once again - when, in your opinion, was the Catholic Church founded and by whom?
And what evidence do you have to back that up?

So far you have only claimed that it was founded in 380 AD but provided no evidence for the claim.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypocrites!

I am a member of His body.
Which Body? The Body of Christ - or the one YOU invented for yourself?
You obviously don't know Him - so how could you be a part of Him?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Christ did you mean when you accused me? That is the Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?" He said, "Who are you, sir?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.
Oh yea taht reminds me, i posted for you, just not as loud, still shouting with so much bigger letters. What was it Jesus said,

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

And so it remains teh same today.

(Gal 4:29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

As long as religion exists, that will never change.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YOU reject all churches - except for your online cult, AGGRESSIVECHRISTIANITY.NET.
That is a cult whose roots only go as far back as 1979 - and it was started by a mere man - not Jesus.
Run out of words to say again, pick up the daggers and throw, deny the truth and you deny Christ as you have so done because He is the truth and in Him there is no lie.

Asa for cults you should know all about them, seems you are teh expert, even belong to one. But than BOL is right and even God is wrong.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did forget again to ask you a question again, did God give you dispensation from this.??

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When were the terms Bible , Rapture, premillenialism, total immersion, eternal security, King James Version, sola scriptura, total depravity, faith alone, (except James 2:24, where it is rejected), Protestantism, Lutheransim, Calvinism, Anglicanism non-denominational, etc. applied by an apostle??

CATHOLIC: Where did the word originate? ANSWER: It comes from the Greek word Katholikos, which was later Latinized into Catholicus.

It means 'Universal', which in itself means, 'of or relating to, or affecting the entire world and ALL peoples therein'. It means, ALL encompassing, comprehensibly broad, general, and containing ALL that is neccessary. In summation, it means ALL people in ALL places, having ALL that is necessary, and for ALL time.

Matthew 28:19-20, "Go, therefore and make disciples of ALL nations...teaching them to observe ALL that I have commanded you; And behold, I am with you ALL days, even unto the consummation of the world." That is a statement of Universality, Katholicos, Catholicus, Catholic.

Acts 9:31
"So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Sama'ria had peace and was built up; and walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit it was multiplied."
There the words "church throughout all" is translated from the Greek words "Ecclesia kata holis" But it was after Ignatius that the term Catholic Church became used more and more to designate the true church.

Romans 1:8….and you belong to that Church whose faith St. Paul describes as being "proclaimed (KATAnggeletai) in the whole universe (en HOLO to kosmo)

Thus the word KATAHOLOS or Catholic in English originated from Scriptures - Romans 1:8, Acts 9:31

"Where the Bishop appears, there let the people be, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."
St. Ignatius of Antioch's letter to the Smyrneans, paragraph 8, of 106 A.D.
Undoubtedly the word was in use before the time of this writing.

Written records of the term "CATHOLIC" describing a character of the Christian Church:
Ignatius, Letter to the Smyrneans 106AD;
Martyrdom of St. Polycarp 155 AD;
Clement of Alexandria, Stromateis 202 AD;
Cyprian, Unity of the Catholic Church 251 AD;
Cyprian, Letter to Florentius, 254 AD

"Catholic" is not the name of a church, it is one of four inseparable divine qualities or characteristics: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wont find "catholic" in the bible because back than there where Jews and Christians. Now we have religion Jews and Christians,

And he dont read my posts, wasnt happy that I wouldnt join him in his lies and idolatry.

Are you willing???

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
You may chuckle, but we live in the times of the pouring out of God's spirit upon all people. While the world debates the things of God as if they ever could, this is spiritual warfare like the world has never seen (Matthew 24:21). There is a blindness that has been placed upon the church for not loving the truth, and the Lord works and reigns while men sleep. But, "Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Yes, and I have seen such as that so many countless times. That the Ruakh haQodesh is poured out upon all flesh, does not necessitate that is resides within all flesh.

Nor does some declaration of "blindness" upon others necessitate that either, neither or both of us are without blindness.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye would have no sin: but now ye say, We see: your sin remaineth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and I have seen such as that so many countless times. That the Ruakh haQodesh is poured out upon all flesh, does not necessitate that is resides within all flesh.

Nor does some declaration of "blindness" upon others necessitate that either, neither or both of us are without blindness.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye would have no sin: but now ye say, We see: your sin remaineth.
The chuckle stands then. As you will.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an old nursery rhyme Mary, just being silly:)
Dear friend,

I know little bo peep is a nursery rhyme. However you said "leave them alone".

That part of your statement has nothing to do with a nursery rhyme (to the best of my knowledge).

So who is them? Who are we supposed to leave alone?

Just curious.....Mary