ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No worldliness equals no sin. I know of no Christian without sin

Glad you said that..me neither. Last time I said that I got shot down.
The balance being...WHEN we walk "hidden in Christ" then and then only we are without sin..God can only see Him, not our flesh. But Christians who do not stay in The Spirit ...in and of ourselves, are wretched flesh.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sadly, I know no christians who do not float in and out of "abiding in Him"...that is our only safe place. The hidden place.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The difference is - I never "called" you a "Liar" as you have claimed.
Proving something and name-calling are two different things.
So blind do I have to do in really big letters so you can see, how can you be saying we are lying without calling us liars,, what school did you go to, now you just look a fool..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So blind do I have to do in really big letters so you can see, how can you be saying we are lying without calling us liars,, what school did you go to, now you just look a fool..
And again - put your money where your mouth is and show me the post where I called anybody a "liar."

You're just blowing more hot wind . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And again - put your money where your mouth is and show me the post where I called anybody a "liar."

You're just blowing more hot wind . . .
This is Australia it is summer, nearly everyday there is Hot wind, now since according to you we are not lying, you have no reason to mention lies any more do you???

So everyone we are not lying, we speak the truth, BOL has just said so.

How does one expose lies of people who are not lying.. .Got me there,

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, but have lots who cant admit to it,

So we agree - worldliness and sin are still apart of our journey towards redemption and when two or more Christians on their way to redemption (church) are gathered, sin and wordliness are compounded.

It is a nature result of gathering people together; prayer and forgiveness are needed

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad you said that..me neither. Last time I said that I got shot down.
The balance being...WHEN we walk "hidden in Christ" then and then only we are without sin..God can only see Him, not our flesh. But Christians who do not stay in The Spirit ...in and of ourselves, are wretched flesh.

I agree with your post, except for the ‘wretched flesh’ statement. Our bodies are not evil. Paul used the word ‘flesh’ to mean worldly passionates, not our bodily state. If this is what you meant, then i can agree.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@aspen...yes...that is what I was saying...so you can indeed agree :)

Reactions: aspen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Australia it is summer, nearly everyday there is Hot wind, now since according to you we are not lying, you have no reason to mention lies any more do you???
So everyone we are not lying, we speak the truth, BOL has just said so.
How does one expose lies of people who are not lying.. .Got me there,
And you're just angry because I exposed your lies - and then LIED about me exposing your lies . . .

How old are you, anyway??

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“WAR ON CHRISTMAS” DOES NOT LACK FOR EVIDENCE

The “War on Christmas” began in the 1980s with legal challenges to nativity scenes on public property, and then morphed into a multicultural rage in the 1990s. It peaked around 2005-2008, and then subsided.

The anti-Christmas forces are still out there, most notably on college campuses. One thing never changes: the anti-Christmas activists continue to make spurious legal and ideological arguments to justify their hostility to the holiday. But they do not speak for most Americans.

"WAR ON CHRISTMAS" DOES NOT LACK FOR EVIDENCE

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
CELEBRATING THEIR FIRST WHITE HOUSE CHRISTMAS: OBAMA AND TRUMP

There could not be a greater difference between President Barack Obama’s first White House Christmas and President Donald Trump’s. Obama did not believe in exchanging Christmas gifts with his family; Trump does so lavishly.

The cover story of the July 23, 2008 edition of People magazine set the tone for how presidential candidate Obama would celebrate Christmas, if elected. Here is what it said. “The kids receive no birthday or Christmas presents from Mom and Dad, who spend ‘hundreds’ on birthday slumber parties….”

Trump’s first White House Christmas has the imprint of Melania Trump: she turned several rooms into a colorful display of epic proportions.

The theme “Time-Honored Traditions” included more than 18,000 feet of lights, 3,100 yards of ribbon, 12,000 ornaments and 53 Christmas trees. Most spectacular is the hallway of the East Colonnade: it is decorated like a winter wonderland of twinkling wintery branches. There is also a grand nativity scene in the East Room, and a stunning tribute to the armed forces in the East Wing.

Obama’s first White House Christmas was embroiled in controversy from the beginning. The following is from a news story in the New York Times published on December 7, 2009.

“When former social secretaries gave a luncheon to welcome Ms. [Desirée] Rogers earlier this year, one participant said, she surprised them by suggesting the Obamas were planning a ‘non-religious Christmas….’

“The lunch conversation inevitably turned to whether the White House would display its crèche, customarily placed in a prominent spot in the East Room. Ms. Rogers, this participant said, replied that the Obamas did not intend to put the manger scene on display—a remark that drew an audible gasp from the tight-knit social secretary sisterhood.”

When the reporter, Sheryl Gay Stolberg, asked the White House for clarification, she was told that “there had been internal discussions about making Christmas more inclusive and whether to display the crèche.”

After creating this polarizing moment, a nativity scene was reluctantly displayed. But this didn’t end the controversy. Genocidal maniac Mao Zedong, who was responsible for the deaths of 77 million Chinese people, was celebrated by the Obama White House: his picture adorned a Christmas tree ornament. Various drag queens were also honored.

There have been no reports of Trump honoring Stalin or sexual deviants.

CELEBRATING THEIR FIRST WHITE HOUSE CHRISTMAS: OBAMA AND TRUMP

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada