ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dont know what you think I took from his post.I never agreed with him on any points.
I should have added I am not to concerd what any church has to say. I trust Holy Ghost to teach me.
I misread your post. I apologize. You make many goods points.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Definition of bigot
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions (The Pope is the anti-Christ. the Catholic Church is the whore of babylon) and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
Bigot used in a sentence.:

"It's scandalous," he said, in the tones once used by Colonel Blimp, Britain's best-loved bigot, who adorned the pages of the Evening Standard throughout the 1930s. —Nicholas Fraser, Harper's, September 1996
  1. A bigot is a hater, she said. A bigot hates Catholics. A bigot hates Jews. … It's no sin to be poor, she said. It is a sin to be a bigot. Don't ever be one of them. —Pete Hamill, A Drinking Life, 1994
  2. One had always to be mindful, moreover, that being a black scholar did not exempt one from the humiliations and indignities that a society with more than its share of bigots can heap upon a black person, regardless of education … —John Hope Franklin, "John Hope Franklin: A Life of Learning," 1988, in Race and History, 1989
Definition of BIGOT

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definition of bigot
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions (The Pope is the anti-Christ. the Catholic Church is the whore of babylon) and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
Bigot used in a sentence.:

The word of God isn't someones opinion, so it doesn't fit your definition of a bigot. Hatred of the Catholic church is not what I see here from members on this site. If anything, the only one being truly intolerant on the matter are people like BreadofLife, who shows his absolute intolerance to every other Christian denomination or group by mere virtue of them NOT being of the Catholic church and its doctrines. To be clear, I don't believe the Pope is the anti-Christ or that the Catholic church is the whore of Babylon spoken of in Revelation. I don't take the Catholic church as an organization serious enough to give it that kind of significance, anymore than I would for America, or Mecca or any other place but Israel. The Catholic Church is a joke to me, and is much too discredited in the eyes of many for it to have anything at all to do with the aforementioned prophetic figures.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The word of God isn't someones opinion, so it doesn't fit your definition of a bigot. Hatred of the Catholic church is not what I see here from members on this site. If anything, the only one being truly intolerant on the matter are people like BreadofLife, who shows his absolute intolerance to every other Christian denomination or group by mere virtue of them NOT being of the Catholic church and its doctrines. To be clear, I don't believe the Pope is the anti-Christ or that the Catholic church is the whore of Babylon spoken of in Revelation. I don't take the Catholic church as an organization serious enough to give it that kind of significance, anymore than I would for America, or Mecca or any other place but Israel. The Catholic Church is a joke to me, and is much too discredited in the eyes of many for it to have anything at all to do with the aforementioned prophetic figures.
It's because of your up-bringing, the media, our whole culture is geared to despising the Catholic Church. Why? Because we help people?
"Hatred of the Catholic church is not what I see here from members on this site."
Not all of them. Watch for the ones with tribulation obsessions and then they inflict tribulation on Catholics. The insults are endless and baseless. So are the straw men fallacies.

Matthew 5:11

Last edited by a moderator:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's because of your up-bringing, the media, our whole culture is geared to despising the Catholic Church. Why? Because we help people?

Its not just the catholic church the world media is satanic top to bottom and hate all religions really

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh there you are...................man the saltiness within this response....but not surprising coming from someone as self righteous as you......I think we all have a life beyond a forum.
No "saltiness" here.
Actually - I was just responding to YOUR moronic comment:
"And....we're still waiting for a response from him."

Give a guy a chance to get to a computer next time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can quote the scriptures, but you do not know what you do not know.
If I said the church is Christ, it is not blaspheme, because I mean the Christ that is in heaven.
But, you, having chosen to build onto a church that is of the world, for you to call that worldly church God, is blaspheme.
That's because YOU neither understand what Blasphemy is - not are you able to grasp that the Church is not purely spiritual.
The Church is made up of people - some here on earth and some who have gone before us.

When you study a little further, you'll see what I mean . . .

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No "saltiness" here.
Actually - I was just responding to YOUR moronic comment:
"And....we're still waiting for a response from him."

Give a guy a chance to get to a computer next time . . .

Well, you are here now................so...............we're waiting..........still.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, because the organization brought that entirely upon itself, from its long and sordid history, all the way up to the recent sexual abuse scandal which for many was the last straw. We don't really care if you "help people". Some of the biggest murdering gangsters in the world "helped people", and fed the poor and such, to present themselves as something other than what they are. I wasn't brought up to hate anyone.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because the organization brought that entirely upon itself, from its long and sordid history, all the way up to the recent sexual abuse scandal which for many was the last straw. We don't really care if you "help people". Some of the biggest murdering gangsters in the world "helped people", and fed the poor and such, to present themselves as something other than what they are. I wasn't brought up to hate anyone.
Actually - you were.
Anti-Catholicism - and those who spread these lies - is ignorance and hate.

It's funny how anti-Catholics always point to the sins of some within the Church over the centuries and now - and completely gloss over the fact that there are horrible sinners in EVERY Protestant sect. There have been murders of Catholics and others within Protestantism. There has been sex abuse and child molestation within Protestantism, - on a greater scale than in the Catholic Church. Read the book by Protestant author Philip Jenkins called "Pedophiles and Priests" and see the real statistics that he lays out.

MY suggestion for you is to clean up your own back yard before you start pointing fingers at the Church.
So far - you're just hurling accusations into the wind because you refuse to see the mess among your own . . .

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because YOU neither understand what Blasphemy is - not are you able to grasp that the Church is not purely spiritual.
The Church is made up of people - some here on earth and some who have gone before us.

When you study a little further, you'll see what I mean . . .

If you had bothered to look - I already responded back in post #34 . . .

So this is what amounts to a satisfactory response nowadays hey? Its like how evolutionists respond to creationist arguments. Instead of actually giving a real answer, they typically dismiss you for "not understanding what evolution is". Yep, we don't know what blasphemy is, and that's all there is to it for you........:rolleyes:...........m'kay. You earlier stated that without a group of individuals belonging to a structure that calls itself a church, you don't have God. So when Abraham was counted for righteousness on the account of his faith, did he belong to a church?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - you were.
Anti-Catholicism - and those who spread these lies - is ignorance and hate.

It's funny how anti-Catholics always point to the sins of some within the Church over the centuries and now - and completely gloss over the fact that there are horrible sinners in EVERY Protestant sect. There have been murders of Catholics and others within Protestantism. There has been sex abuse and child molestation within Protestantism, - on a greater scale than in the Catholic Church. Read the book by Protestant author Philip Jenkins called "Pedophiles and Priests" and see the real statistics that he lays out.

MY suggestion for you is to clean up your own back yard before you start pointing fingers at the Church.
So far - you're just hurling accusations into the wind because you refuse to see the mess among your own . . .

We are well aware of the fact that there are scum bags in every sector of society. Had the catholic church, had your "vicar of Christ" dealt with the issue like it should have, instead of sweeping it under a rug, there probably wouldn't have been such a backlash against the catholic church to begin with. I don't need a book to tell me that.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are well aware of the fact that there are scum bags in every sector of society. Had the catholic church, had your "vicar of Christ" dealt with the issue like it should have, instead of sweeping it under a rug, there probably wouldn't have been such a backlash against the catholic church to begin with. I don't need a book to tell me that.
But you DO need a book to tell you that the problem is far worse among your Protestant sects.

The point here is that there is plenty of blame to go around - so don't blind yourself to the facts and stop pointing at the splinter in the eyes of others before pulling out the log in your own (Matt. 7:3)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is what amounts to a satisfactory response nowadays hey? Its like how evolutionists respond to creationist arguments. Instead of actually giving a real answer, they typically dismiss you for "not understanding what evolution is". Yep, we don't know what blasphemy is, and that's all there is to it for you........:rolleyes:...........m'kay. You earlier stated that without a group of individuals belonging to a structure that calls itself a church, you don't have God. So when Abraham was counted for righteousness on the account of his faith, did he belong to a church?
God revealed Himself to Abraham under a different Covenant - PRIOR to Christ and PRIOR to revealing Himself as the Trinity.
We're no longer under the Abrahamic Covenant - we are under the NEW Covenant.

Jesus established His Church to lead people to Heaven.
We are saved BY the blood of Christ - but we are saved THROUGH His Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't actually need to read someones book to tell me something that's right in front of my face. That would be a waste of my money.
Soooo - that already know the problem is worse in the Protestant sects?
Then why do you only point fingers at the Catholic Church and not your own??

Can YOU say, "Hypocrisy"??

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God revealed Himself

Thanks, you answered the question right there. So in other words, God really doesn't need a structure, that calls itself a church or temple in order to exist, or reveal himself.

Jesus established His Church to lead people to Heaven.
We are saved BY the blood of Bhrist - but we are saved THROUGH His Church.

Which means I don't have to pray to the virgin Mary.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've pretty much proven that you're an anti-Catholic because you spew the same old tire rubbish that other Anti-Catholics do.

Hatred of the Catholic Church is alive and vibrant on this site - and the ONLY reason you would refer to me or Kepha as "intolerant" is because we expose people like you. NOBODY like being caught doing something wrong - and you're no different.

One just about every exchange we've had - YOU have lied - just like you just did when you said about me:
"BreadofLife, who shows his absolute intolerance to every other Christian denomination or group by mere virtue of them NOT being of the Catholic church and its doctrines."

I have stated on this forum ad nauseam, that I have absolutely NO problem with Protestant or anybody who simply "disagrees" with Catholic teaching. That's between them and God.
I ONLY have a problem with people like you who LIE about the Catholic Church because you're poisoning the minds of others who visit here searching for the truth.

Here's an idea: Try being honest for a change - then people like ME won't have to expose the lies you tell.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, you answered the question right there. So in other words, God really doesn't need a structure, that calls itself a church or temple in order to exist, or reveal himself.
God used people like Abraham and Moses in the Old covenant to reveal Himself.
God uses His Church to reveal Himself in the NEW Covenant.

Not that difficult to understand.
Which means I don't have to pray to the virgin Mary.
Neither do I.

I would be foolish, however, NOT to ask fellow members of the Body of Christ to pray for me - don't you think??
YOU don't ever ask anybody to pray for YOU?? YOU don't pray for anybody??