ANTI-CATHOLICISM IN THE MEDIA

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, it is the Catholic Church.

Here's a challenge for you, my Scripturally and historically bankrupt friend:
Show me which church in the history of Christendom that exist in the first century and still s today

It's certainly not YOUR cult at aggressivechristianity.net which began in 1979.
Not the Baptists.
Not the Lutherans.
Not the Methodists.
Not the Presbyterians.
Not the folks over at Cornerstone.
Not the Pentecostals.
Not the Reformed Evangelical or "non denominational" sects.
These are all the "men's religions" that you speak of - and there are tens of thousands more .
Show us where Jesus mentions the catholic church in the bible, just one place, show us where He said that salvation is through mens religions and doctrines, show us when Jesus became a cult, have you really come to teh end that you have to throw those blunt knives again, No BOL you cant burn people at the stake anymore, it is banned in the modern world, are you going to burn Jesus to, since the truth who He is cannot agree with a lie that you preach.

I am the way the truth and the life says the Lord, no man shall enter into heaven except through me - no religion required

Rom_10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

yet denied by so many.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Ten Most Anti-Christian Movies of All Time
(a secular source)
10. Carrie (1976)
9. Priest (1995)
8. Footloose (1984)
7. Dogma (1999)
6. Jesus Camp (2006)
5. The Name of the Rose (1986)
4. The Magdalene Sisters (2002)
3. The Boys of St. Vincent (1993)
2. Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (1983)

1. The Canterbury Tales (1972)
You missed the most satanic of them all star wars. star wars in the movies talks the was and language that satanist talk about the force. ie satan.

So unbelievers are people who know not Christ. How will they know lest someone tells them. If they knew Christ they would make movies about Christ. They dont so dont be surprised that they make movies agaisnt God. Wonder if its the Churches fault that they know not Christ.
We can sometimes write off people to hell. And the fact is we know nothing of there back ground. and we know nothing of there future.

Wonder if we spent as much time praying for them as we do curseing them in the forums , what the end result would be for them.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
MMM>Pope Francis washes feet of Muslim migrants, says we’re all “children of the same God” MMM another big foot in the mouth>>
Pope Francis make of these Qur’an verses, were he to know about them (as he almost certainly does not):

Jesus was not crucified: “And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger – they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.” — Qur’an 4:157 Mystery Babylon at its BEST>> Bashing comes easy when your a minion of satan but try to say your CHRIST LIKE!! You can smell it a mile away!Enjoy

And the fact is there is but one God and we are all off Adam all the unbelievers of the planet are of God. So what the Qur@an says matters nothing to the Christian. I would wash any ones feet. How will the know less someone tells them.
You are talking like the Muslims are the enemy of God when in fact He is Father of all men.

To many Christians talk like God personally asked them to attack unbelievers. When in fact you are told to tell them the good news. Do you only associate with Muslims that convert? Wonder if the ones that convert were prayed for by Christians. wonder if the converted because some one considered them lost and actually shared the GOOD NEWS. We have a gospel of God News. But far to many Christians preach a message of hatred and treat unbelievers as if they are already condemned to hell.
And the way you speak here to the OP is nothing like Christ. Its shocking really and full of hatred and no good news for anyone. Christ never asked you to attack Muslims ever anywhere in the bible. I gave eleven scriptures in another thread telling us and commanding us to love one and other.
This way of speaking is not from God

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show us where Jesus mentions the catholic church in the bible, just one place, show us where He said that salvation is through mens religions and doctrines, show us when Jesus became a cult, have you really come to teh end that you have to throw those blunt knives again, No BOL you cant burn people at the stake anymore, it is banned in the modern world, are you going to burn Jesus to, since the truth who He is cannot agree with a lie that you preach.

I am the way the truth and the life says the Lord, no man shall enter into heaven except through me - no religion required

Rom_10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

yet denied by so many.
Acts 9:31 talks about how the Early Church grew throughout the region. The language used here describes the Catholic Church:
“Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria experienced peace and thus was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and in the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, the church increased in numbers.”

According to Strong’s Greek Concordance – the verse is translated as: “The true Church throughout all Judea . . .”
Here is the phrase in Greek: η μεν ουν εκκλησια καθ ολης της ιουδαιας

The Catholic Church gets its name from the GREEK for “according to the whole” and “universal” - εκκλησια καθ ολης, which is pronounced “ekklesia katah-holos”.

Εκκλησια (ekklesia) - A gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly; CHURCH
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
"Ekklesia Kata-holos" = CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Show us where Jesus mentions agressivechristianity.net.
Show us where He mentions the "Generals" that run this online cult.
Show us where He mentions Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Cornerstone, Pentecostals, Reformed Evangelical, or "non denominational" sects.
While you're at it - show us where He mentions Protestantism at all . . .

I'm so glad you brought up John 14:6 because it's time for another Bible lesson . . .
John 14:6
"I am the way the truth and the life says the Lord, no man shall enter into heaven except through me."

Let's see what the Bible says about that "Truth":
It says that His CHURCH is the pillar and foundation of that Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
It also says that His CHURCH is the FULLNESS of that Truth (Eph. 1:22-23).
Jesus, who IS the Truth, identifies His very SELF with that Church (Acts 9:4-5).

There ends the lesson.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Anti-Catholicism:
The Last Acceptable Prejudice
Paperback – Sep 10 2004

Anti-Catholicism has a long history in America. And as Philip Jenkins argues in The New Anti-Catholicism, this virulent strain of hatred--once thought dead--is alive and well in our nation, but few people seem to notice, or care.

A statement that is seen as racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or homophobic can haunt a speaker for years, writes Jenkins, but it is still possible to make hostile and vituperative public statements about Roman Catholicism without fear of serious repercussions. Jenkins shines a light on anti-Catholic sentiment in American society and illuminates its causes, looking closely at gay and feminist anti-Catholicism, anti-Catholic rhetoric and imagery in the media, and the anti-Catholicism of the academic world.

For newspapers and newsmagazines, for television news and in movies, for major book publishers, the Catholic Church has come to provide a grossly stereotyped public villain. Catholic opinions, doctrines, and individual leaders are frequently the butt of harsh satire. Indeed, the notion that the church is a deadly enemy of women--the idea of Catholic misogyny--is commonly accepted in the news media and in popular culture, says Jenkins...
It was said that with the election of John F. Kennedy, anti-Catholicism in America was dead. This provocative new book corrects that illusion, drawing attention to this important issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/New-Anti-Catholicism-Last-Acceptable-Prejudice/dp/0195176049
maybe someone have not pointed this out to you. no Christian is anti-Catholic, maybe anti ROMAN Catholic. or Anti ROMAN Catholic Church. for there is only one Church and it's call Catholic which is universal. and it's not ROMAN. nor is it Presbyterian Catholic, or Baptist Catholic, or JW Catholic, or Mormon Catholic, or Lutheran Catholic..ect... are you getting the picture? no, the Lord Jesus Church is "Holy" which is Catholic/universal. maybe we need to drop those names before Catholic.

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And the fact is there is but one God and we are all off Adam all the unbelievers of the planet are of God. So what the Qur@an says matters nothing to the Christian. I would wash any ones feet. How will the know less someone tells them.
You are talking like the Muslims are the enemy of God when in fact He is Father of all men.

To many Christians talk like God personally asked them to attack unbelievers. When in fact you are told to tell them the good news. Do you only associate with Muslims that convert? Wonder if the ones that convert were prayed for by Christians. wonder if the converted because some one considered them lost and actually shared the GOOD NEWS. We have a gospel of God News. But far to many Christians preach a message of hatred and treat unbelievers as if they are already condemned to hell.
And the way you speak here to the OP is nothing like Christ. Its shocking really and full of hatred and no good news for anyone. Christ never asked you to attack Muslims ever anywhere in the bible. I gave eleven scriptures in another thread telling us and commanding us to love one and other.
This way of speaking is not from God
You are basing an opinion based on blessedhope's lies. Here is a good article expressing what the Church really teaches regarding Muslims, not the deceiving media hype that blessedhope loves so much.
The Catechism on Islam by James Akin ::

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are basing an opinion based on blessedhope's lies. Here is a good article expressing what the Church really teaches regarding Muslims, not the deceiving media hype that blessedhope loves so much.
The Catechism on Islam by James Akin ::
I dont know what you think I took from his post.I never agreed with him on any points.
I should have added I am not to concerd what any church has to say. I trust Holy Ghost to teach me.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it an anti-catholicism to say, I prefer Godism...but without the 'ism?
No - it's just ignorant.
Christ's Church is the FULLNESS of Him (Eph. 1:22-23) - and He is God.

Know
the Church - Know God.
NO Church - NO God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe someone have not pointed this out to you. no Christian is anti-Catholic, maybe anti ROMAN Catholic. or Anti ROMAN Catholic Church. for there is only one Church and it's call Catholic which is universal. and it's not ROMAN. nor is it Presbyterian Catholic, or Baptist Catholic, or JW Catholic, or Mormon Catholic, or Lutheran Catholic..ect... are you getting the picture? no, the Lord Jesus Church is "Holy" which is Catholic/universal. maybe we need to drop those names before Catholic.

Peace in Christ Jesus/Yeshua.
Can you tell me the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic?
I'll bet you can't . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me the difference between Catholic and Roman Catholic?
I'll bet you can't . . .
the false doctrine of the Godhead....... :cool:. and if you daon't it right at the head then the body is lost.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you blaspheme, calling God alone ignorant, and the church a god.

And....we're still waiting for a response from him.
default_mellow.png

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you blaspheme, calling God alone ignorant, and the church a god.
No - I called YOUR remark ignorant.
Now, you can add "big fat lie" to that.

In Acts 9:4-5, Jesus equates his Body – the Church - with his very SELF:

He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" He said, "Who are you, sir?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

Notice that Jesus DOESN’T say, “Why are you persecuting the Church?” (which is EXACTLY what Paul was doing).
Jesus chose to equate the church with himself.

Keep
studying.
You'll get there . . . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the false doctrine of the Godhead....... . and if you daon't it right at the head then the body is lost.
Unfortunately for YOU, the Truth is lost in your heretical perversion of "Diversified Oneness" - aka Modalism.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was driving home from work.
Unlike YOU - I have a life beyond this forum . . .

Oh there you are...........
default_bye1.gif
..........man the saltiness within this response....but not surprising coming from someone as self righteous as you......I think we all have a life beyond a forum.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dont know what you think I took from his post.I never agreed with him on any points.
I should have added I am not to concerd what any church has to say. I trust Holy Ghost to teach me.
Good. Don't let the media give you instructions on the Catholic Church like the anti-Catholic bigots in here.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I called YOUR remark ignorant.
Now, you can add "big fat lie" to that.

In Acts 9:4-5, Jesus equates his Body – the Church - with his very SELF:

He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" He said, "Who are you, sir?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

Notice that Jesus DOESN’T say, “Why are you persecuting the Church?” (which is EXACTLY what Paul was doing).
Jesus chose to equate the church with himself.

Keep
studying.
You'll get there . . . . .
You can quote the scriptures, but you do not know what you do not know.

If I said the church is Christ, it is not blaspheme, because I mean the Christ that is in heaven.

But, you, having chosen to build onto a church that is of the world, for you to call that worldly church God, is blaspheme.