Anyone getting the new Covid booster?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had all of Moderna's Covid boosters so far with no ill effects.

Covid seems to be winding down. I don't hear anything on the news about it anymore.

I don't go outside too much as I don't walk as easily nowadays. I go to Target about once a month. Also, need to take a taxi to the doctor's office for my check-up. Will see the eye doctor in March, maybe the dentist sooner. Sometimes I ride the elevator with neighbors.

Anyhow I was wondering if I should get the newest booster for Covid or not.

Anyone else wondering about it? Since Covid seems to be winding down?

Reactions: dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We've already had ours as well as the usual annual flu jab.

Reactions: Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I got the origional 2 shots. Have not had any since. I have had covid 2 or 3 times, with hardly any symptoms. I have also had the flue 3 times, and it took me out hard.. (I got the flue shot last year. but am not getting it this year)
Some people do have the milder form of it but my daughters' father and his brother both died of it so my family is taking no chances.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the initial 2 shots. I felt from God to do that but he also cautioned me not to get any boosters. I had to get the initial 2 shots just so I could visit with my sister who lives in an adult care facility. The government here required it, aarrrgggg! No more gov ideas please.

Anyways, my sister has got all her boosters and now she has an inflamed heart valve. Not sure if they're related but I think perhaps as the vaccine can do that in studies.

My doctors have all aggressively pushed the boosters on me, but I'm not giving in. Viva la France!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got the new booster in early October.

My dad came for Thanksgiving and unknowingly brought covid with him that he caught from my younger brother. I caught nothing even though he was in the house and truck and was all up around me. My older brother rode together with Dad for the trip to my house and unvaccinated he of course caught it.

The pharmacies are usually out of the antivirals...taking too long to resupply. So....just saying it's somewhat of a mess when you are sick. The shots work.

However, like ALL medical treatments, there are risks to assess. And where the mRNA vaccines by Moderna are great (actually better than Pfizer) they are studying the lipids used to manufacture them. Lipids are difficult to come by and not all are created equal. Some lipids apparently were not sufficiently refined and caused problems in Europe. I haven't heard of anything like that here in America. (Many more controls and tests)

So far....
Despite the incessant roar of a few conspiracy theorists...the mRNA vaccines have yet to cross the placebo effect for side effects that are dangerous.
(mRna vaccines do have known side effects but they go mostly unnoticed even by the antivaxxers and I'm not going to give them any fuel)

I know plenty of people who either died or have been permanently disabled due to listening to antivaxxer nonsense. The therapy has not been as experimental as they claim. And covid viruses not as new as they claim either. Lots of research had been done (25yrs) before this pandemic by an acquaintance at Vanderbilt University. He was looking for new avenues of research as his was completed and he was facing unemployment if he didn't find one. Then with the pandemic he was hired by Moderna to assist them. (Finally getting paid for a change) and with his daughter in college he really needed the money.

Is there some shenanigans with the WHO, FDA, and NIH? Of course! And it's disgusting stuff that makes me really feel despair about our government and their choices. But as usual it's dumber than you think and more stupid than you would believe possible. So much is left out of the media and then the fear peddlers (conspiracy theorists) get to sell their fear stories and inventions....

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My dad came for Thanksgiving and unknowingly brought covid with him that he caught from my younger brother. I caught nothing even though he was in the house and truck and was all up around me. My older brother rode together with Dad for the trip to my house and unvaccinated he of course caught it.

The pharmacies are usually out of the antivirals...taking too long to resupply. So....just saying it's somewhat of a mess when you are sick. The shots work.

However, like ALL medical treatments, there are risks to assess. And where the mRNA vaccines by Moderna are great (actually better than Pfizer) they are studying the lipids used to manufacture them. Lipids are difficult to come by and not all are created equal. Some lipids apparently were not sufficiently refined and caused problems in Europe. I haven't heard of anything like that here in America. (Many more controls and tests)

So far....
Despite the incessant roar of a few conspiracy theorists...the mRNA vaccines have yet to cross the placebo effect for side effects that are dangerous.
(mRna vaccines do have known side effects but they go mostly unnoticed even by the antivaxxers and I'm not going to give them any fuel)

I know plenty of people who either died or have been permanently disabled due to listening to antivaxxer nonsense. The therapy has not been as experimental as they claim. And covid viruses not as new as they claim either. Lots of research had been done (25yrs) before this pandemic by an acquaintance at Vanderbilt University. He was looking for new avenues of research as his was completed and he was facing unemployment if he didn't find one. Then with the pandemic he was hired by Moderna to assist them. (Finally getting paid for a change) and with his daughter in college he really needed the money.

Is there some shenanigans with the WHO, FDA, and NIH? Of course! And it's disgusting stuff that makes me really feel despair about our government and their choices. But as usual it's dumber than you think and more stupid than you would believe possible. So much is left out of the media and then the fear peddlers (conspiracy theorists) get to sell their fear stories and inventions....
My sister had confirmed COVID and snuck out of her adult care facility to have me take her to my Dads, neither of us caught COVID and we weren't masked. We both had the initial two shots and neither of us got boosters. Hmmm. She got in trouble for it and got locked down for 2 weeks which is how I found out.

I did get sick for about 3 months recently and couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I eventually went to the doctors and he said the combination of stomach upset and flu symptoms were most likely caused from stomach acid. So I cut out drinking grape juice and have been fine ever since.

I'm really still not sure if I've ever caught COVID then.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDB and Debp

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So far....

Thank you for saying the above much better than I ever could!

Reactions: JohnDB

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't fall for the scam the first time, I'm surely not falling for the new plandemic.
I don't work for the pharmeceuticals which are getting rich off peoples fears.
I got covid a year ago. I was bedridden for about 3 weeks.
I ate a lot of chicken soup, drank a lot of orange juice. Took vitamins and alka selter cold plus drop drop fiz fiz medicine.
I haven't been sick since.

God gave me an immune system. I'm going to trust he knows what he's doing.

But I don't oppose anyone who feels they should or need to.
It's a choice between a patient and their doctor. The way it should be.

Hugs

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have tetanus, but you get a tetanus shot, right?

No.

Not since I grew my own brain.

The journal Clinical Infectious Diseases suggests that tetanus and diphtheria booster vaccines are not necessary for adults who have completed their childhood vaccination series. This advice aligns with the current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations. The researchers reviewed WHO data from 31 North American and European countries between 2001 and 2016, amounting to 11 billion person-years. (Person-years is a measurement that reflects the number of people in the study multiplied by years followed). After comparing the incidence of tetanus and diphtheria, they found no significant difference in disease rates in countries that require adults to receive booster shots compared with those that do not. Based on this, the authors suggest that childhood vaccination alone protects sufficiently against tetanus and diphtheria without booster shots.

And to avoid your likely follow up. No to mumps and measles too. Things you get as kids and don’t worry about afterwards.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not since I grew my own brain.

I have my own brain as well.

I guess my experience is my experience and I have seen adults get tetanus even though they have had vaccines as a child.

Same with vaccinations like the MMR vaccine. My titers were tested to see if I needed an MMR booster, and sure enough mybtiters were low. So, I was vaccinated.

Unlike you, I'm not willing to take the risk.

Reactions: JohnDB

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I didn't fall for the scam the first time, I'm surely not falling for the new plandemic.
I don't work for the pharmeceuticals which are getting rich off peoples fears.
I got covid a year ago. I was bedridden for about 3 weeks.
I ate a lot of chicken soup, drank a lot of orange juice. Took vitamins and alka selter cold plus drop drop fiz fiz medicine.
I haven't been sick since.

God gave me an immune system. I'm going to trust he knows what he's doing.

But I don't oppose anyone who feels they should or need to.
It's a choice between a patient and their doctor. The way it should be.

Hugs
I also have natural immunity at least for the last wave, and zero genetically engineered jabs. I was very sick for 3 days with Omnicron or whatever it's called, took a full week to recover. Had zero energy for 7 days. Pumped myself with vitamins like D3, Quercetin and others I still have a supply of, going on the advice of anti-jab and cancelled/banned medical professionals who could still be found in sites like Rumble, Odysee, Bitchute, Brighteon. I could have got hold of Ivermectin although it was banned, but decided not to.

I still don't trust in man (and his genetic engineering called "science"). I trust in God.

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only got 1 booster then stopped getting them, I kind of wish I didn't get any to be honest.

I still don't trust in man (and his genetic engineering called "science"). I trust in God.
I personally think this is a dangerous line to walk for Christians. The Big Bang hypothesized by a Catholic preist was once rejected for being too much of a religious explaination, now it is widely accepted. Scientific findings have lead us to be able to see that a unborn baby's heart is beating in in the womb, a vital sign of life. Scientific findings explain how God works, not replace Him.

I agree with you on the vaccine and I'm not saying we should trust it, I just think being "anti-science" in general is a bad look for Christians especially when a lot of it is on our side.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also have natural immunity at least for the last wave, and zero genetically engineered jabs. I was very sick for 3 days with Omnicron or whatever it's called, took a full week to recover. Had zero energy for 7 days. Pumped myself with vitamins like D3, Quercetin and others I still have a supply of, going on the advice of anti-jab and cancelled/banned medical professionals who could still be found in sites like Rumble, Odysee, Bitchute, Brighteon. I could have got hold of Ivermectin although it was banned, but decided not to.

I’m in Mexico. Ivermectin over the counter at any pharmacy. Want me to bring you home some?

It works almost as good a chicken soup.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I only got 1 booster then stopped getting them, I kind of wish I didn't get any to be honest.

I personally think this is a dangerous line to walk for Christians. The Big Bang hypothesized by a Catholic preist was once rejected for being too much of a religious explaination, now it is widely accepted. Scientific findings have lead us to be able to see that a unborn baby's heart is beating in in the womb, a vital sign of life. Scientific findings explain how God works, not replace Him.

I agree with you on the vaccine and I'm not saying we should trust it, I just think being "anti-science" in general is a bad look for Christians especially when a lot of it is on our side.
I agree but I did not mean all science, lol. I used the words genetic engineering and was talking about a genetically engineered "vaccine" that's proved to not work and has been known to have caused heart and blood clotting issues and strokes in some people.

I do trust science "generally" but not the "science" that makes certain pharmaceutical companies filthy rich while the entire human race become their lab rats.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I’m in Mexico. Ivermectin over the counter at any pharmacy. Want me to bring you home some?

It works almost as good a chicken soup.
Some countries are so unwoke lol. Heaven. I suppose some Americans believe that when people die they either go to hell or they go to Mexico.

Oops.. I better keep quiet.. I'm gonna be booted out of this forum..

Anyway I can make my own chicken soup, so no worry.

Reactions: Mr E