Apostolic councils?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Nope - I corrected you. This happens at EVERY ordination.
I've had the privilege of attending TWO ordinations and it is the most solemn part of the ceremony when they fully surrender their lives in service to Christ.

You go CAUGHT in another idiotic lie . . .
None the less they are bowing to the pope as pic shows.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah blah, who cares. Show me what they did. If their teachings were truly against Jesus we should see that in the Gnostics themselves, where are their evil acts? Did they burn people alive, persecute, manipulate, live debauched lives? Judge them by their fruit.
That was even more stupid than your last post . . .

I just showed you that the Gnostics rejected the atoning Death of Christ, the Word of God, and the fundamental beliefs of Christianity - and YOU say that this is "insufficient" to condemn their teachings??

We're supposed to judge the teachings of FALSE TEACHERS and FALSE PROPHETS, Einstein (Deut. 18:20, Ezek. 13:9, Jer. 14:14, Jer. 23:16, Luke 6:26, Matt. 7:15-20, Matt. 24:24, Matt. 16:11-12, 2 Tim. 4:3-4, Acts 20:28-30, 2 Pet. 2, 2 Pet. 1:12-21, 2 Pet. 3:14-18, 1 John 4:1-6, Tit. 1:6-16)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts just get more and more idiotic.
This gives ME the opportunity to keep correcting you. I can do this ALL day . . .

Are these people "bowing and worshipping" the dead person - or are they praying to God?
12-letters-jackie-1000x700.jpg
iu
soldier-kneeling-at-grave-picture-id155598789

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are ALL examples of deacons lying prostrate during their ordinations to the priesthood as they surrender their lives in service to Christ - and there's not a Pope in sight . . .

2015_0608_ORDENATION27.jpg
iu

iu
iu

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
That was even more stupid than your last post . . .

I just showed you that the Gnostics rejected the atoning Death of Christ, the Word of God, and the fundamental beliefs of Christianity - and YOU say that this is "insufficient" to condemn their teachings??

We're supposed to judge the teachings of FALSE TEACHERS and FALSE PROPHETS, Einstein (Deut. 18:20, Ezek. 13:9, Jer. 14:14, Jer. 23:16, Luke 6:26, Matt. 7:15-20, Matt. 24:24, Matt. 16:11-12, 2 Tim. 4:3-4, Acts 20:28-30, 2 Pet. 2, 2 Pet. 1:12-21, 2 Pet. 3:14-18, 1 John 4:1-6, Tit. 1:6-16)

your not thinking

you have two teachers
one teacher teaches east coast
one teacher teaches west coast
which is correct?
one teacher rapes children in his spare time
one teacher helps children in his spare time

which teacher should we believe?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
These are ALL examples of deacons lying prostrate during their ordinations to the priesthood as they surrender their lives in service to Christ - and there's not a Pope in sight . . .

2015_0608_ORDENATION27.jpg
iu

iu
iu

bowing in front of an alter and bowing in front of a man are two different things.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your not thinking

you have two teachers
one teacher teaches east coast
one teacher teaches west coast
which is correct?
one teacher rapes children in his spare time
one teacher helps children in his spare time

which teacher should we believe?
Another idiotic post from yet another uneducated poster living in his mother's basement . . .

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Another idiotic post from yet another uneducated poster living in his mother's basement . . .

and you avoided the question, but we both know why. now we know why Jesus gave us that teaching. if a teaching produces rotten fruit, you got a bad teacher.
the bottom line, gnostics were not the ones killing Christians, got to look across the mediterranean for that, look for the big obilisk, you cant miss it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you avoided the question, but we both know why. now we know why Jesus gave us that teaching. if a teaching produces rotten fruit, you got a bad teacher.
the bottom line, gnostics were not the ones killing Christians, got to look across the mediterranean for that, look for the big obilisk, you cant miss it.
First of all, it's "obelisk" - and do you know why it's there?
I'll give you a chance to look it up and sound smart.

Secondly - your question didn't make any sense.
Maybe if you put down your comic books and video games and paid attention to the conversation -we MIGHT actually have an intelligent one.

However - I'm NOT holding my breath . . .
do you know what worship is?
Yup - but it appears that YOU don't.
I showed you several pictures of people bowing and kneeling before dead people - and you never told me what they were doing.

WHY is that?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
First of all, it's "obelisk" - and do you know why it's there?
I'll give you a chance to look it up and sound smart.

Secondly - your question didn't make any sense.
Maybe if you put down your comic books and video games and paid attention to the conversation -we MIGHT actually have an intelligent one.

However - I'm NOT holding my breath . . .

Yup - but it appears that YOU don't.
I showed you several pictures of people bowing and kneeling before dead people - and you never told me what they were doing.

WHY is that?

i know your answer, on top of the "obelisk", sorry for the misspelling im not an expert on pagan structures, is a teeny tiny cross, its really hard to see, you got to look really close, i guess people miss it because of the giant obelisk.
on Solomons temple did he have the builders carve out a canaanite statue of child sacrifice to show victory over the canaanites? i guess Solomon, the Lords anointed, didnt think that way. i wonder why the Lord didnt instruct Solomon to do that?

kneeling in front of a coffin and saying goodby to a loved one is not bowing down to the loved one and showing submission to the loved one.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know your answer, on top of the "obelisk", sorry for the misspelling im not an expert on pagan structures, is a teeny tiny cross, its really hard to see, you got to look really close, i guess people miss it because of the giant obelisk.
on Solomons temple did he have the builders carve out a canaanite statue of child sacrifice to show victory over the canaanites? i guess Solomon, the Lords anointed, didnt think that way. i wonder why the Lord didnt instruct Solomon to do that?
Actually, I was there - and it's very easy to see the triumphant cross atop the pagan obelisk in St. Peter's Square.
It's a wonderful reminder of the victory of Christ over pagan Rome.
kneeling in front of a coffin and saying goodby to a loved one is not bowing down to the loved one and showing submission to the loved one.
And prostrating oneself before Christ in service to Him is not bowing down to a mere man.

Congratulations
- it seems that you've learned your lesson for the day.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is nothing wrong with Christianizing the world around us. If Christ can redeem us, we can certainly reframe the context of a symbol. The Cross is one example. Seems to me, not doing so is to give symbols too much power, which is superstitious.

Also, why does the Washington Monument get a pass? Fundamentalists sure like to ignore it at their own convenience.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Actually, I was there - and it's very easy to see the triumphant cross atop the pagan obelisk in St. Peter's Square.
It's a wonderful reminder of the victory of Christ over pagan Rome.

And prostrating oneself before Christ in service to Him is not bowing down to a mere man.

Congratulations
- it seems that you've learned your lesson for the day.

no one else can, all the see is the giant pagan symbol.
think rome might add a canaanite statue of child sacrifice?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There is nothing wrong with Christianizing the world around us. If Christ can redeem us, we can certainly reframe the context of a symbol. The Cross is one example. Seems to me, not doing so is to give symbols too much power, which is superstitious.

Also, why does the Washington Monument get a pass? Fundamentalists sure like to ignore it at their own convenience.

even if that means killing four thousand five hundred in one day in the name of Jesus like Charlemagne did to the Saxons?

DC does not get a pass, nor does all the pagan architecture that DC has all over the city among all the other cities in the US. where did they get these ideas from? and why did so many US leader refer to the US as the "new rome"?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even if that means killing four thousand five hundred in one day in the name of Jesus like Charlemagne did to the Saxons?

Or George W. Bush's Crusade into Iraq?

We are all guilty and need a Savior. Taking personal responsibility rather than pointing fingers is a first step

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no one else can, all the see is the giant pagan symbol.
think rome might add a canaanite statue of child sacrifice?
Only a blind person - or a liar - can't see that magnificent, victorious cross atop the pagan obelisk in St. Peter's Square.
Which
one are YOU?

Obelisk-At-St.-Peters-Square-Picture.jpg

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Or George W. Bush's Crusade into Iraq?

We are all guilty and need a Savior. Taking personal responsibility rather than pointing fingers is a first step

Aspen dont get me started on Bush jr, Sr, and their nazi supporting papaw Prescott.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen dont get me started on Bush jr, Sr, and their nazi supporting papaw Prescott.

boy, I hope you get over this affliction before you are kneeling before God