Apprehending

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:11-12,

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

It will take the next few verses to explain "attain unto the ressurection."

There is another word here in Philippines 3:12 that needs to be gone over and understood by every bible believing saint. It is the word "apprehend." That word will be the reason you are able to move on in God, your walk and service comes to maturity by "apprehending." All of the scriptures are about knowing Christ, Philippians 3 really defines what it is we are to know about Christ. I realize we have looked here before but Philippians is a good book to get a depth of understanding for believers.

So what is it we are to apprehend?and what is it we have been apprehended for? simple, revelation knowledge, Spirit taught knowledge and understanding of the plan of God. When did the apprehension begin in your life? Correct, the moment you believed, the moment you believed you could not save yourself and needed a Saviour. How do I know I am getting revelation from the HolySpirit? It comes in a package you are not look for, you will not be able to conferr with flesh and blood because they do not understand. You will know revelation by what you are seeing, when you see Christ as your life, you are getting revelation. We have a knower, when the HolySpirit reveals Christ (which is the beginning of deep revelation) you will know it. You can get revelation on something from the HolySpirit, but his main ministry is to reveal Christ in you, revelation of a person not just something.

The ultimate of the father teaching you, is; "the revelation of the indwelling Christ," Galatians 1:11-12. Why is that? Because your sound doctrine comes out of the revelation of Christ in you. Believers find union and oneness with Christ and with each other. They will not split hairs over doctrine anymore because it doesn't matter. They will have their opinions but understanding it is their opinion only. Seeing Christ as life, Christ revealed in a believer settles everything. Paul stays in message over and over again, why is that? Because human being need that, they have to hear it over and over, once something is fixed in them right or wrong, it's like pulling teeth to get them free.

Some never learn because the norm for them even when they hear truth is to close out the HolySpirit. Never growing in grace and knowledge, they simply do not know truth when they hear it. Ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of truth. Paul says to apprehend what we have been apprehended for, go after it, when you know the HolySpirit is trying to reveal Christ in you, you need to accept with it. He will not give you a stone, I know it's not easy for believers to accept, but now is the accepted time. Growth and understanding in your walk with God beyond anything you could imagine in mind, says the scripture.