Are You Spirit Filled Or Still Filling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is hardly my standard wadr, but that is a pretty common reply i guess. i have done this about...oh, 20 times now, started out asking for any of what we define, commonly as people, as AT in Scripture, and ending up with "AT cannot be applied to Scripture,"

There is AT in scripture; whether or not that truth is received by those that seek is another question since mockers can read the Bible seeking for reasons not to believe and thus hardly seeking the Truth as in Jesus Christ in the scripture at all even though the scripture does testify of Him so that seekers would come to Him ( John 5:39-40 ).

yet the same ppl still make statements of belief as if they were AT. in this case i even happen to share your "belief," but that does not make it AT.

Since every one will be judged by the T, then there is AT.

The Word is the Truth, Christ is the Word, but Jesus is also worshipped as Nehushtan, which Scripture makes clear. Jesus even pointed it out specifically, "the Son of Man must be raised up like a Snake on a Pole," that one.

To be clear.... it is not like Nehushtan when that brass serpent on the pole was not originally called Nehushtan in the first place. That brass serpent was created as an antidote for venomous snake bites as placed in the middle of the camp for the Jews to look at should they be bitten to be saved. Those who look to that brass serpent after being bitten, do so in believing that by looking at that brass serpent, they will be saved from that venomous bite.

It is only in that fashion of looking to Jesus as having been crucified fro us on the cross and believing in Him is how one receives remission of sins and the promise of the Holy Spirit for eternal life.

The point being that saying "Jesus is the Truth" begs the question of how "Jesus" has been defined. As The Guy Who is gonna come literally Riding In on a White Horse with a Sword Coming Out of His Mouth, literally? Tomorrow, right? Always tomorrow. I'll pass, wadr

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Jesus casted out devils by His word and so in coming back, whatever Jesus says.. it is going to happen as He is our Creator and not just our Redeemer.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Jesus casted out devils by His word and so in coming back, whatever Jesus says.. it is going to happen as He is our Creator and not just our Redeemer.
now you're just quoting me to preach at me wadr, you did not even address the quote, see

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say--certainly stated as an AT, right--but we will have to read this "returning" of yours first i guess.
The only "returning" i can find for God is that one

Well, pray about it. More than likely you have read about His returning in other parts of scripture and just haven't took His word to mean that.

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I read this as happening at His appearing when those abiding in Him will be taken. What follows next is the conditions before that happens.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So the signs of the times of His appearing will be hardly the signs of believers living in the great tribulation as this appearing is when abiding believers are taken as stated below.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

So the call to be found abiding in Him at His coming as in His appearing cannot be stressed enough. Indeed, Jesus reiterates and warns how a believer can love this life so much that he or she may be tempted not to leave like Lot's wife in Luke 17th chapter as the cares of this life can be a snare.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

So comparing Matthew 24:29 with Luke 21:33, we can see the after effects of this gathering as escaping what is coming on the earth and that is to that place in Heaven to stand before the Son of man in Luke 21:36.

But only God can give the increase in seeing that truth in scripture.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm passing curious if you were ever asked for any money by those that taught you...this?

Prophesied in His words in the O.T.

Zechariah 14:1Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

How do I know this is pertaining to the future actual return of Jesus as the King of kings to establish His reign on earth at the end of the great tribulation? By what has been prophesied once again earlier in that same book about that same event.

Zechariah 12:8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them. 9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

You can lean on Him for His wisdom in seeing what scripture is talking about the same subject in how it all ties in from other scripture that is talking about something else.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now you're just quoting me to preach at me wadr, you did not even address the quote, see

Well when you paraphrase like that, you are not really quoting scripture. Your comment seem to imply about the metaphorical picture of a sword coming out of His mouth seems what? Ridiculous? Absurd? And coming on a White Horse is just metaphorical to His dramatic return as King of kings.

So by the sword coming out of His mouth is indicating how His words will be spoken and whatever He says, it will happen. Evil will be rebuked.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I read this as happening at His appearing when those abiding in Him will be taken.
as you were meant to i guess, ya. The wording is not ambiguous by accident. But please note that someone "appearing" does not need to have moved anywhere at all, if those looking were "blind, but now see," see. But instead "He cannot appear when we can see Him unless He had physically returned to be seen in the air," and ignore the rejoinder, right.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that you would be asked for money?

Did you accidentally quote me in a convo with someone else here?

I was expounding on the reply you had responded to, but apparently, you did not see why I was posting it for; meaning.. no.. nobody asked for money from me in being taught this. You had asked where I had gotten such a notion in seeing Him returning physically, from which point, I referred to several places in the O.T. showing that the Jews will see Him Whom they had pierced at His return with the raptured saints at the end of the great tribulation.

Now if you consider paying for my KJV rather than from some book written by some christian author teaching this...then yeah.. I paid for my KJV, but no, I did not pay any other book to teach me that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so, basically
God is Omnipresent
Jesus is God
Jesus is not here, bc i cannot see him, but He is returning...um, tomorrow, almost surely probably

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as you were meant to i guess, ya. The wording is not ambiguous by accident. But please note that someone "appearing" does not need to have moved anywhere at all, if those looking were "blind, but now see," see. But instead "He cannot appear when we can see Him unless He had physically returned to be seen in the air," and ignore the rejoinder, right.

I recognize that I was not clear in my post.

"He cannot appear when we can see Him unless He had physically returned to be seen in the air," should have read as ""He can appear when we can see Him because He had physically returned to be seen in the air,"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, that's s'posed to make it better?
I referred to several places in the O.T. showing that the Jews will see Him Whom they had pierced at His return with the raptured saints at the end of the great tribulation.
well, none of those places actually say return though do they; that particular one says "appear."
i'm afraid i'm out of time now, but if you review the other 42, and read all the Gospel ones too, you'll see the same thing; the only time "return" is used is "Return to Me, and I will return to you." In the whole, entire Bible JiF. Here is a list even, http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=return, it is stated more than once, so there can be no ambiguity i guess

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, basically
God is Omnipresent
Jesus is God
Jesus is not here, bc i cannot see him, but He is returning...um, tomorrow, almost surely probably

Jesus Christ is in us 2 Corinthians 13:5 from which He is with us always Matthew 28:20 no matter what.

As for seeing Him return the way He had left from His ascending into Heaven, at which time He will descend with a shout and gather His disciples like a Bridegroom to the Marriage Supper in Heaven.

Here is a verse that speaks to Him as being invisible only because He is not presently seen by us, but we will at His appearing.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, none of those places actually say return though do they; that particular one says "appear."
i'm afraid i'm out of time now, but if you review the other 42, and read all the Gospel ones too, you'll see the same thing; the only time "return" is used is "Return to Me, and I will return to you." In the whole, entire Bible JiF. Here is a list even, http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=return, it is stated more than once, so there can be no ambiguity i guess

Well, if you see His words meaning His return as the Bridegroom as ambiguous, then I cannot help you see that truth in His words about that event.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess i fail to see why people argue over the mechanism in which the Holy Spirit interacts with us....

john 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

If the Spirit leads us where He wishes.....I think He also behaves in the same manner when He interacts with us.

Also, does it really matter whether of not the Holy Spirit falls upon a person during prayer, tongues, worship? Or if the believer simply recognizes the Spirit within them?

I say no - if God is the focus the mechanism doesn’t matter. It is like focusing on the mechanism of your instrument at the expense of learning to play it.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As for seeing Him return the way He had left from His ascending into Heaven, at which time He will descend with a shout and gather His disciples like a Bridegroom to the Marriage Supper in Heaven.
hallelujah, and praise the White Jesus!
(for effect ok, pls take in the spirit intended--antichrist)
unfortunately that first part up there is wrong, right?
You will see him come in the same way you saw Him go, just like they did, ezackly like the Book says JiF,
and now i really do have to run. manana :)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, if you see His words meaning His return as the Bridegroom as ambiguous
sorry? no, they are non-existent, as the list shows, i mean unless you have another for consideration?

Obv they knew what the word "return" meant back then, right? So Quoting 10 vv on this all-important subject should be an unambiguous snap, right

"Galileans, why are you standing there looking up at the sky?"
then I cannot help you see that truth in His words about that event.
The truth is that Christ never left you, nor forsook you, and your pillows and soft landings are not going to materialize like you have been taught, and were asked for money to learn, i mean pls. and i would rather you hate me than reject Christ when He next appears to you, and don't forget that ppl groan or whatever when that happens too ok

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess i fail to see why people argue over the mechanism in which the Holy Spirit interacts with us....

john 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

If the Spirit leads us where He wishes.....I think He also behaves in the same manner when He interacts with us.

Also, does it really matter whether of not the Holy Spirit falls upon a person during prayer, tongues, worship? Or if the believer simply recognizes the Spirit within them?

I say no - if God is the focus the mechanism doesn’t matter. It is like focusing on the mechanism of your instrument at the expense of learning to play it.

Jesus is talking about the born again of the Spirit that happens at our salvation. You cannot apply His words to mean that the born again experience is continuous in the life of that same believer.