Are You Spirit Filled Or Still Filling?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is talking about the born again of the Spirit that happens at our salvation. You cannot apply His words to mean that the born again experience is continuous in the life of that same believer.

Who ever said being born again is a one time event? Every time I interact with God, I am born again

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess i fail to see why people argue over the mechanism in which the Holy Spirit interacts with us....

If you are referring to tongues without interpretation, that is hardly the Holy Spirit interacting with us.

If you are referring to seeking the Holy Spirit in the worship place with signs and wonders, when He dwells in us since our salvation at the calling of the gospel, that is hypocrisy.

If you are referring to feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit moving about in the worship place like the wind, that is where the spirit of the antichrist is.

If you are referring to the born again of the Spirit moment at our salvation, why would you think that needs to happen again and again and again in your life as a believer?

If you are referring to something else... feel free to explain the mechanism that you believe the Holy Spirit uses to interact with us.

imo mostly the same reason ppl believe that Christ is not here bc they cannot see Him, or that the Bible is Word bc they cannot hear It, etc?

Seems the examination of our faith is that Jesus Christ is in us; 2 Corinthians 13:5 To look for the Holy Spirit outside of us where the spirit of the antichrist dwells is just plain ignoring the warning the apostle John has given us in testing the spirits in 1 John 4:1-6.

But people gotta love their supernatural experiences regardless of the warnings given to not believe every spirit. Probably why many are going astray in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

I would weep, but Jesus is Lord. He will get those lost sheep that gets left behind as they shall be of the one fold and one shepherd after the great tribulation. John 10:1-5 & John 10:16

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who ever said being born again is a one time event? Every time I interact with God, I am born again

Well, have you ever considered that all those other times after the initial born again of the Spirit at your salvation was not the born again of the Spirit at your salvation? That you may be committing spiritual adultery in looking for a sign in receiving that "born again of the Spirit" after your salvation??

Could it be you are not really interacting with the God in that way? Makes me wonder how you can apply these warnings in testing the spirits or do you test them at all? 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2 1 John 4:1-6

Have you ever read this below in how it runs contrary to what you are expereincing?

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? 12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

So every time you get born again after your salvation, you are making the Father look evil as if you were not born again of the Spirit the first time as promised for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ when you had knocked at that door.

Last edited:
B

brakelite

When does this happen though? At the great white throne judgment when everything has been put down, including death and hell in the lake of fire along with Satan and his angels.

That is not happening at the pre great trib rapture when God judges His House since the souls of the castaways are coming out of that fire suffering loss.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

What Paul is describing here is obviously not the unquenchable fire, now is it?

Granted, the fire that burns the works off of that foundation laid by Jesus Christ is the Refiner's fire, but of that day in question as coming on the earth is the calamity of fire.

So what is that fire on what day that will declare it will happen when the punishment is physical death which is what our bodies are as the temple of the Holy Spirit?

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

So by those verses above, this judgment of fire will come on that day where He will judge His House first, the churches of God, and the consequence is physical death by being cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation... as in left behind to face the calamity of fire that will destroy one third of the earth that will serve as a catalyst for the coming new world order and the mark of the beast system to tempt all with the mark to survive.

What is that calamity of fire?

Jesus spoke of it in Luke 12:40-49 in His warning for His disciples to be ready for the Son of Man when He comes which is not the same kind of fire you referred to in Matthew 3:11-12 because His servants that shall be cast away are getting stripes and yet still called His servants. That fire that is coming on the earth cannot be the lake of fire because earth is not going to be thrown in the lake of fire.

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

So that fire is not the lake of fire but this one that is coming on the earth that Peter explained about in 2 Peter 3rd chapter as God's judgment on the earth like the global flood, except only a third of the earth will get burned up which can only be the entire western hemisphere for why and how all those other prophesied nations will be attending the devil in his battle at Jerusalem against the coming of the Lord.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

See Peter's reference to God's judgment of the global flood on the earth and now points to the calamity of fire that is coming on the earth? That is not the unquenchable fire, now is it, when it is coming on the earth? We read onward about that call to repentance to avoid being left behind.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation;......

That salvation spoken of in verse 15 is about being saved from that judgment of fire that is coming on the earth that will burn up one third of earth.

So that is what running the race is all about; not just to obtain that eternal glory that comes with our salvation in being received as that vessel unto honor in His House, but to escape the calamity of fire that is coming on the earth that will serve as a catalyst for the new world order and the mark of the beast system to survive during the great tribulation which is the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth because those who receive the mark to buy and sell, are forever to be damned to the lake of fire, no matter what.

Since that damnation of the unquenchable fire is after the great tribulation and after Satan has been released from the pit for a thousand years for his last rebellion and gets put down and THEN placed in the lake of fire forever along with death and hell, then that is when Matthew 3:11-12 is applied; and not before.

Now by the grace of God and His help, I have shown where and when Matthew 3:11-12 is applied and that is when death and hell is in the lake of fire to be purged from the floor and that kingdom of God is complete when the Son gives that kingdom back to the Father, and not before.

Do try to address the scripture I have provided without ignoring that the fire I am talking about cannot be the unquenchable fire you claim it is.
I get that there is a fire that will destroy the wicked at the end of the millennium...the lake of fire into which all sinners and devils are cast. There sin and sinners come to an end. That's Matthew 3:12. But what I want you to recognise is Matthew
But that isn't the fire I am speaking of when I quoted Matthew 3:11. The point I am making is that after the fire of judgement, or execution of sentence, there are no second chances. The fire that burns away the habits and practices of a lifetime of sin, is a fire we must all undergo now. Let me give you another clue.
Re 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get that there is a fire that will destroy the wicked at the end of the millennium...the lake of fire into which all sinners and devils are cast. There sin and sinners come to an end. That's Matthew 3:12. But what I want you to recognise is Matthew
But that isn't the fire I am speaking of when I quoted Matthew 3:11. The point I am making is that after the fire of judgement, or execution of sentence, there are no second chances. The fire that burns away the habits and practices of a lifetime of sin, is a fire we must all undergo now.

I agree that we are called to live a life of repentance by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin in running that race to be received by the Bridegroom as that high prize of our calling is being that vessel unto honor in His House.

BUT... as you seem to apply that race as an ongoing fire we are doing in purging ourselves as we run that race by faith in Him....what happens when saved believers do not repent of a certain iniquity in running that race when the Bridegroom comes?

These are the verses that speaks of it. 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 speaks of a specific day where judgment falls on that believer on the works he has built on that foundation and the consequence for not getting rid of the wood, stubble, and hay off of that foundation is that in THAT day, it will be burned away; and the physical body which is the temple of the Holy Spirit will be destroyed as in incurring physical death.

Luke 12:40-49 has Jesus warning His disciples as it is His servants that get cut off to be left with the unbelievers as they, bring His servant still are getting stripes for not being ready for the Bridegroom when He had come. Jesus mentions the fire that is coming on the earth which is not the same as the Refiner's fire that will burn off the works on that foundation in 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 and yet still, when that day comes, physical death will occur. So like, being left behind, as the Refiner's fire burns away the works that deny Him on that foundation are the stripes that His servants shall receive, because they will know why they were left behind to face the "other" fire that is coming on one third of the earth and the coming great tribulation to those that survive that fire as a result.

Let me give you another clue.
Re 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As a warning to one of the churches to be ready or else.....

We can read in one parable, IN that fateful day, a saved believer stood before Him without His wedding garment.

Matthew 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. 11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

I thank you for sharing the clue about our running that race while on earth as purging ourselves of the iniquity by departing from it ( 2 Timothy 2:19-21 ) but for those that do not depart from iniquity, where that iniquity which deny our faith in Him as they would be found naked of their wedding garment, that fateful day will be coming when they shall be judged by what they have built on that foundation.

It is no wonder to me why those coming out of the great tribulation had to be given white robes because they were naked of that wedding garment.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Seems the examination of our faith is that Jesus Christ is in us
JiF, the sentence does not even make sense wadr.
"The examination of our (own) faith = Jesus is in us?"
i mean how can this not be "commending ourselves to each other" bro?

"or know ye not as to your own selves that JC is in you?" is inviting you to include yourself in a club JiF; not saying that seeking to follow Christ as best you are able is not a noble pursuit ok, not at all. But another interp for this might be "you do not know as to yourself whether JC is in you or not." as truly weird as that might sound.
PdwroHY.jpg
and plenty of Scripture too if you like.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess i fail to see why people argue over the mechanism in which the Holy Spirit interacts with us....

john 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

If the Spirit leads us where He wishes.....I think He also behaves in the same manner when He interacts with us.

Also, does it really matter whether of not the Holy Spirit falls upon a person during prayer, tongues, worship? Or if the believer simply recognizes the Spirit within them?

I say no - if God is the focus the mechanism doesn’t matter. It is like focusing on the mechanism of your instrument at the expense of learning to play it.

Amen bro
Good and wise post.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen again.
Some are blessed with the 'refreshings of the Lord' as the dew on Mt Hermon.. ..and some are not.
Some can see this truth as a way of life ...and some sadly cannot.

Reactions: aspen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JiF, the sentence does not even make sense wadr.
"The examination of our (own) faith = Jesus is in us?"
i mean how can this not be "commending ourselves to each other" bro?

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Is for rebuking those that seek a continual filling of what they believe is the Holy Spirit apart from salvation after a sign.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

That was why and how the Holy Spirit in you led you to leave that assembly where you were warned evil was afoot.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
those might also be relevant, sure, but as a follower of the Cult of Sol--by your own lips--i would heed my own warning if i were you ok
To look for the Holy Spirit outside of us where the spirit of the antichrist dwells is just plain ignoring the warning the apostle John has given us
again, this one is a sentence, but it makes no sense whatsoever wadr. Aren't you going to end up @ "i am the Holy Spirit" with that or something? Dunno who's talking about "looking for the HS" anyway, it is omnipresent i guess, but imo i would be making diff assumptions about where antichrist is too, iow keep a mirror handy lol.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those might also be relevant, sure, but as a follower of the Cult of Sol--by your own lips--i would heed my own warning if i were you ok

again, this one is a sentence, but it makes no sense whatsoever wadr. Aren't you going to end up @ "i am the Holy Spirit" with that or something? Dunno who's talking about "looking for the HS" anyway, it is omnipresent i guess, but imo i would be making diff assumptions about where antichrist is too, iow keep a mirror handy lol.

Blur the line of discernment in 1 John 4:4 and you will not be able to test the spirits since the spirit of the antichrist is in the world; 1 John 4:3

When you look in a mirror, can you see a spirit which is invisible or nearly is? No. Then you are not the spirit of the antichrist, now are ya?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah no, that was satan begging you to leave i guess,
yea though i walk through the valley, i will fear no evil
satan flees, we don't flee

Forgetting your own testimony so soon, brother?

If Jesus warns believers not to go there, then if we find ourselves in a place where He said not to go there, you better believe He will tell you to leave.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If Jesus warns believers not to go there, then if we find ourselves in a place where He said not to go there, you better believe He will tell you to leave.
i don't disagree, "don't go to the Samaritans," but that is for students (regardless of the "preaching" cover-story there imo), not demonstrators/activists with full armor i guess. You better believe He will send you back, too, when you are ready, as Demonstrated by the eating with Gentiles and staying in Samaritan towns for a week, etc.

But while you have fear, leave bam (by all means, sorry), yes

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but that is for students (regardless of the "preaching" cover-story there imo)
if this is doubted, the brand-new convert zealously proclaiming their...how might we deem it, laughably poor understanding of the Gospel to ppl in "other towns" might provide a setting perhaps. They believe they are sent out to teach too right
now of course i don't mean "laugh at them," either; i mean it is better to think of oneself as a student, i come here seeking correction, i hope every day to be shown to be wrong in some regard

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't disagree, "don't go to the Samaritans," but that is for students, not demonstrators/activists with full armor i guess. You better believe He will send you back, too, when you are ready, as Demonstrated by the eating with Gentiles and staying in Samaritan towns for a week, etc.

But while you have fear, leave bam (by all means, sorry), yes

Preaching to the lost is not the same kind of promptings as avoiding false prophets and false spirits in places where they say Christ is here or there.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

The movement of the "Spirit" is such a saying as Lo, here is Christ.. only as "Lo, here is the Spirit of Christ" when no saved beleiver should be saying that when He is in us by faith in Jesus Christ.

People say the Holy Spirit is moving here or there like in Pensacola Florida where the Pensacola Outpouring happens or like in Toronto Canada where the Toronto's Blessings happens; or as the "holy laughter" happens in any local church or in a healing crusade of Ernest Angeley's in Ohio.

When people point to a place to get near what they believe is the Spirit of Christ visiting that place with signs and wonders, that is when we are called to remember our faith in Jesus Christ ( 2 Corinthians 13:5 ) in that He dwells in us as our bodies is the Temple of the Holy Spirit ( 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 )

That is the only way we can know Him is by Him dwelling within us and not by the way the world seek to receives spirits by their signs again and again and again of those repeatable visitations ( John 14:16-17 ).

That is why the apostle John says to not believe every spirit that comes over a saved believer after salvation for why we are to test the spirits 1 John 4:1 ) because the Holy Spirit has been in us as promised at the calling of the gospel when we had first believed in Jesus Christ and had gotten saved ( 1 John 4:4 ).

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this is doubted, the brand-new convert zealously proclaiming their...how might we deem it, laughably poor understanding of the Gospel to ppl in "other towns" might provide a setting perhaps. They believe they are sent out to teach too right
now of course i don't mean "laugh at them," either; i mean it is better to think of oneself as a student, i come here seeking correction, i hope every day to be shown to be wrong in some regard

As do I, thanks to Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd, since Jesus says that those who bear fruit, will be pruned so they can bear more fruit.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Preaching to the lost is not the same kind of promptings as avoiding false prophets and false spirits in places where they say Christ is here or there.
ah, good point i s'pose, especially if one would be enticed to go as a student, seeking.
purposefully going to (essentially) let Light shine might be another story tho