Arguments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When should we consider rather being silent?

Ec 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; Ecc 3:1, 7

1co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1co 14:28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. I Cor 14:27-28

Mt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Jas 3:7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. James 3:7-10

Ps 39:1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me
Ps 39:2 I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
Ps 39:3 My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue, Psalm 39:1-3

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Mt 27:13 Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
Mt 27:14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly. Matt 27:13-14

Ac 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mt 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mt 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How important is it for you or for me to win an argument?
There's no winning an argument, but if one is willing to listen they may be taught something.

When we don't consider that our words would be a benefit, something given in love, for service to others.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no winning an argument, but if one is willing to listen they may be taught something.

When we don't consider that our words would be a benefit, something given in love, for service to others.

Much love!
Amen!

Reactions: Debp

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
--------------------------------------------

Good question.
When someones salvation is at stake, we should never be silent.

But dumb differences of opinions attached to endless threads, (and I see a lot of it here), is another issue..
Some times very difficult to stay out of these useless discussions.

Hope you are doing well, Amadeus! :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--------------------------------------------

Good question.
When someones salvation is at stake, we should never be silent.

But dumb differences of opinions attached to endless threads, (and I see a lot of it here), is another issue..
Some times very difficult to stay out of these useless discussions.

Hope you are doing well, Amadeus! :)
My age is telling on me along with miscellaneous ailments, but I am doing quite well. I hope all is well with you.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the old saying of "silence being golden".

We posses our own & God's values when we can " be still and let the Spirit work for us", for greater is he that is within us than he that is in the world.

Many are not self aware but rather are selfish and it is what I say rather than what God has said. No one is 100% correct ALL the time.

There have been times in my walk where I allowed the flesh to control my spirit instead of
yielding to God's Spirit, it never goes well. Feelings get hurt, offense are spoken, ties are even broken.

Truly being our smallest member, a bit in the mouth might temper it when we resist the will of the Spirit.

Dec 12, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one know when his own thoughts and words are incorrect? Did not Jesus have words he could have spoken when he remained silent before Pontius Pilate? Why did he remain silent?
I cannot speak for anyone but myself. If you want to know why Jesus did this or did that or did not do this or that,
then you ask Him not me. And if you want to know how does one know when his own thoughts and words are incorrect,
then you need to also ask Jesus that question. I am sure he knows.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Ro 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot speak for anyone but myself. If you want to know why Jesus did this or did that or did not do this or that,
then you ask Him not me. And if you want to know how does one know when his own thoughts and words are incorrect,
then you need to also ask Jesus that question. I am sure he knows.
Consider post #19.