Atheism and Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He wasn’t only talking about Cornelius. He said, “in every nation, he that fears God…”
Cornelius was not ”in every nation.”
and yet cornelious lacked one thing . HE had to hear the gospel and BELIEVE in order to be saved .
I suggest we actually start reading the bible for ourselves and stop overthinking things .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here is another part of the gospel of our Lord that suggests the same thing, that we don’t understand it all yet and should not judge anything before the time concerning the eternal fate of men.

The Unrighteous Manager​

16 Now He was also saying to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and this manager was [a]reported to him as squandering his possessions. 2 And he summoned him and said to him, ‘What is this I hear about you? Give an accounting of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’ 3 And the manager said to himself, ‘What am I to do, since my [b]master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to [c]dig; I am ashamed to beg.4 I know what I will do, so that when I am removed from the management people will welcome me into their homes.’ 5 And he summoned each one of his [d]master’s debtors, and he began saying to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ 6 And he said, ‘A hundred [e]jugs of oil.’ And he said to him, ‘Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.’ 7 Then he said to another, ‘And how much do you owe?’ And he said, ‘A hundred [f]kors of wheat.’ He *said to him, ‘Take your bill, and write eighty.’ 8 And his [g]master complimented the unrighteous manager because he had acted shrewdly; for the sons of this age are more shrewd in relation to their own [h]kind than the sons of light. 9 And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by means of the [i]wealth of unrighteousness, so that when it [j]is all gone, they will receive you into the eternal dwellings.

Huh…? WHO will receive WHO into eternal dwellings…? THEY will receive you?
It sounds like maybe the unrighteousness manager helped/gave a cup to someone who was part of Christ’s body…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet cornelious lacked one thing . HE had to hear the gospel and BELIEVE in order to be saved .
I suggest we actually start reading the bible for ourselves and stop overthinking things .
To be told I’m overthinking things (which happens to me all the time in here) shows me I’m onto something.
It sounds like, “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” Lol.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be told I’m overthinking things (which happens to me all the time in here) shows me I’m onto something.
It sounds like, “pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!” Lol.
Your true colors have come out . You have no plan to try and preach the true gospel
only to preach this other inclusive stuff . You give people a false hope
I will preach JESUS as the only way to be saved . You are farther into this other stuff than i first realized .
But this is how folks work this stuff into christain groups . Always come in as though one of us
but bring in this other stuff to cause strife and doubt . I did what i could for you . Should have stuck to CHRIST and not have went down this other path that will save none . The churches have been preaching a false version o GOD and of Christ for a long time
preaching and planting doubts about the true gospel and truth in order to change churches from within .
I did what i could for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your true colors have come out . You have no plan to try and preach the true gospel
only to preach this other inclusive stuff . You give people a false hope
Nope. I’m preaching the WHOLE gospel to men who should KNOW it, because I don’t want to see them harmed because they have been hoodwinked into judging according to the doctrines of men, saying they are as righteous as Jesus and pronouncing the eternal doom of others who might actually BE doing right to their neighbor rather than pretending God doesn’t see their own wrong and doesn’t see another mans right.

Im preaching to BELIEVERS, not unbelievers. So they already believe. So…are you saying I’m giving false hope to believers…?

Last edited:

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual the BIBLE has the answers .
SO let us examine a gentile man who once did many , many wonderful and good works .
He did many prayers daily TO GOD . HE gave much to the poor .
The man did such good that all his prayers and etc came up for a memorial before GOD .
And STILL that man had to hear the gospel in order to be SAVED . I give no man false hopes .
I preach JESUS , cause I KNOW HE ALONE is the only way one may be saved . NOW , LIFT THOSE HANDS AND PRAISE THE GLORIOUS
and WONDEROUS KING .

We can debate the issue until the cows come home....yet one thing CAN’T be debated —— Jesus made it unmistakably clear—— one ** MUST** be BORN AGAIN !

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying God only makes a place for perfect men?

Exactly. The only way to obtain that “ Perfection” is to have it IMPUTED to you.....It’s as old as Abraham, Who “ Believed God and it was COUNTED unto him as Righteousness”
Simply Believe 1Cor15:1-4 and God will put your sins on the Cross and take the Perfection Of His Son and apply it to you.....It’s nothing more that Christianity 101.....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying God only makes a place for perfect men?

Exactly. The only way to obtain that “ Perfection” is to have it IMPUTED to you.....It’s as old as Abraham, Who “ Believed God and it was COUNTED unto him as Righteousness”
Simply Believe 1Cor15:1-4 and God will put your sins on the Cross and take the Perfection Of His Son and apply it to you.....It’s nothing more that Christianity 101.....
A certain ruler asked him, Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?
Jesus answered, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even if you don’t agree with me on everything (or on anything!) just refuse to judge.
For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart. Therefore you have no excuse, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

I hate to rain on anybody’s parade, but Paul said that although it is God's Job to judge Unbelievers ....it is the job of the Church—- The Body of Christ” ——to judge and to admonish and correct those that claim to be Christians.....

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A certain ruler asked him, Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?
Jesus answered, You shall not commit adultery, you shall not murder, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.

The Ruler’s problem that he was blind to was his Self - Righteousness .....he responded to Jesus that he had ‘ done all of these things”..... and of course Jesus knew that the Ruker nor anybody else had kept the Law.....The Law was an “ impossible system” that nobody could keep....The guy needed to see that he was a Sinner that needed Jesus as his Savior....Jesus punctured the Ruler’s “ Self- Righteous Balloon” by seeing if he was willing to abandon his “ true” god , which was money.....he was unwilling to part with it...he was guilty of idolatry....we know the rest of the story....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when did I do that above, as you accuse me of doing? Apart from the grace of God all mankind is condemned already. John 3:18. Pointing out this fact is not "condemning" them and "grinding their faces", But rather pointing them to the redemption that cross brings. TRUE obedience only comes Through the Spirit.... Not just an external adherence to the law (Legalism/self righteousness), but a transformation of the heart (Holiness/godliness).

Atheists are those who know of God yet choose not to believe.... Knowingly and consciously.

An excellent and insightful post...I would only add that, “ Love is the Engine that drives Obedience “

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An atheist who keeps to the commandments of God, but doesn't believe in Christ. Can such person make heaven

I believe so.
There is a man in this forum, episkopos, who teaches about it and I think he is correct. He cannot often get to explaining it because everyone gets very upset and derails his threads because it tears down a lot of idols of fathers.
Episkopos has shown himself to be wrong about a great many things, especially this; the criteria of obtaining salvation. Romans 10:9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
The test of salvation per the NT is to have the humility to admit you cannot meet the standard on your own and need a savior, aka faith.

If you have such pride as to assert your own strength of character will meet God’s standard - without reliance on his son - you have doomed yourself.
Episkopos is such a mystic, he sees fit to go against the explicit word of God. He teaches one can be lord of themselves and make it to heaven, does he? I bet if he engaged this thread, he'd invoke some kind of get out of jail card; add a qualifier, like 'only talking in theory,' before Christ, etc.