BAPTISM SAVES, FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhhh - another ignorant "Catholic doomsday" predictor.
Smarter people than YOU have been predicting the end of the Catholic Church for 2000 years - and they're ALL DEAD.

Paul DIDN'T teach ANY of the Commandments of Christ??
YOU don't know your Bible, son . . .

Jesus
"You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19).

Paul
"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)

Paul also reiterated MANY of the SAME things Jesus taught in the Gospels:

Jesus

"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).

Paul
"who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).

Jesus
"Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME; whoever rejects YOU rejects ME; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16).

Paul

"So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings WE passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15).

Jesus
"For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).

Paul
"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).

If you wanna talk about "rightly diving" Scripture - then maybe you should practice what Paul preached . . .

Christ's Church isn't "fake" Judaism - it's the FULFILLMENT of Judaism, Einstein.

All of those quotes of Paul were from his 7 Acts books, when all saved Gentiles were part of Israel. Those books have nothing TO us or ABOUT us Gentiles, who are under pure grace, today. Here's what I said before:
"If you want to prove me wrong, find a passage in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, the only books in the Bible that are written TO and ABOUT Gentiles who are not part of Israel, that says any commandments in the Gospels (Except for Christ, himself, and His sacrifice) are TO or ABOUT us today."

So, everything you said is null and void, as usual. If you want to try again, quote only from Paul's 7 post-Acts books - Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon. If it's not in those, it doesn't exist for us, to us, or about us today. Everything in the OT, Gospels, and Acts is TO and ABOUT Israel, not us Gentiles. Anything you quote from those 59 books, about our Hope, Calling, Future, or Commandments is meaningless.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...I mean "“He who has an ear, let him hear" -Jesus.

Whom you speak against.
Yup “He who has an ear – let him hear.”

But hear WHO?? Jesus laid that out to the leaders of His Church:
Luke 10:16

Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent me.”

The tragedy of Protestantism is that you ALL decided to hear yourselves - and reject who Christ TOLD you to hear . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of those quotes of Paul were from his 7 Acts books, when all saved Gentiles were part of Israel. Those books have nothing TO us or ABOUT us Gentiles, who are under pure grace, today. Here's what I said before:
"If you want to prove me wrong, find a passage in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, the only books in the Bible that are written TO and ABOUT Gentiles who are not part of Israel, that says any commandments in the Gospels (Except for Christ, himself, and His sacrifice) are TO or ABOUT us today."

So, everything you said is null and void, as usual. If you want to try again, quote only from Paul's 7 post-Acts books - Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon. If it's not in those, it doesn't exist for us, to us, or about us today. Everything in the OT, Gospels, and Acts is TO and ABOUT Israel, not us Gentiles. Anything you quote from those 59 books, about our Hope, Calling, Future, or Commandments is meaningless.
That is a silly and stupid challenge because it is completely devoid of any understanding of Acts.
Acts was NOT written about any ONE group of people. It chronicles evangelization andministry to Jews AND Gentiles alike. Besides, Einstein, Paul didn't write Acts - LUKE did.

Anyway, for the record – I gave you Romans 13:8-10 and compared it to what Jesus said in Matt. 19:18-18 about the Commandments – and it is almost VERBATIM.

You LOSE . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup “He who has an ear – let him hear.”

But hear WHO?? Jesus laid that out to the leaders of His Church:
Luke 10:16

Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent me.”

The tragedy of Protestantism is that you ALL decided to hear yourselves - and reject who Christ TOLD you to hear . . .
No...you are just picking out the one quote that suits your agenda. He said that same thing many times, some of which are not only to who you call the leaders of the church, but simply to "He who has and ear."

Your divisive prejudiced agenda has blinded you and is not serving you or God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...you are just picking out the one quote that suits your agenda. He said that same thing many times, some of which are not only to who you call the leaders of the church, but simply to "He who has and ear."

Your divisive prejudiced agenda has blinded you and is not serving you or God.
No – it’s YOU who won’t read Scripture in its proper context.

Failing to read Scripture in context is like trying to get driving directions from L.A. to San Francisco by looking at a map of Disneyland. It just doesn’t make ANY sense – and that is at the core of your confusion.

Jesus spoke to the crowds in Parables (Matt. 13:13-15). The couldn’t understand everything He taught no matter HOW hard they listened. That’s what the Church is for: To spread the gospel by teaching and Baptizing (Matt. 28:19-20).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The ONLY thing which saves for the remission of sin, is The Blood of Jesus ..that cleanses us from ALL sin. 1 John 1

Reactions: ScottA

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ONLY thing which saves for the remission of sin, is The Blood of Jesus ..that cleanses us from ALL sin. 1 John 1
Absolutely.
However, we must be Baptized in order to attain that salvation. Obedience is a necessary and vital element of faith.

Without our response to God's grace, we cannot be saved.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – it’s YOU who won’t read Scripture in its proper context.

Failing to read Scripture in context is like trying to get driving directions from L.A. to San Francisco by looking at a map of Disneyland. It just doesn’t make ANY sense – and that is at the core of your confusion.

Jesus spoke to the crowds in Parables (Matt. 13:13-15). The couldn’t understand everything He taught no matter HOW hard they listened. That’s what the Church is for: To spread the gospel by teaching and Baptizing (Matt. 28:19-20).
There you go misquoting again, contradicting God.

No...the church is people - all of them, not just the leaders...and the correct quotes include ..."let him hear what the [spirit] says" - not what the church says.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely.
However, we must be Baptized in order to attain that salvation. Obedience is a necessary and vital element of faith.

Without our response to God's grace, we cannot be saved.

"We must be Baptized in order to attain.....!!!

Sorry , I read that nowhere.
Salvation is a gift from God of His son... not something we can ever attain to.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We must be Baptized in order to attain.....!!!
Sorry , I read that nowhere.
Salvation is a gift from God of His son... not something we can ever attain to.
Sooooo you believe that we don’t have to respond to God’s call?
You can just sit there and ignore Him and be saved??

WHERE in Scripture does it say – or even IMPLY that??
We can't EARN salvation - but it is something we DO attain.

Reactions: Marymog

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a silly and stupid challenge because it is completely devoid of any understanding of Acts.
Acts was NOT written about any ONE group of people. It chronicles evangelization andministry to Jews AND Gentiles alike. Besides, Einstein, Paul didn't write Acts - LUKE did.

Anyway, for the record – I gave you Romans 13:8-10 and compared it to what Jesus said in Matt. 19:18-18 about the Commandments – and it is almost VERBATIM.

You LOSE . . .

No quotes for Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians, or Galatians - all yesterday's books. Just quotes from those Books for Today -Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, Philemon.

Still a total lack of Bible competency and massive ignorance of the scriptures. A typical Catholic Bully with no knowledge. Enjoy being on the New Earth under Israel rule. That's assuming you have eternal life. With Catholics, one never knows.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go misquoting again, contradicting God.
No...the church is people - all of them, not just the leaders...and the correct quotes include ..."let him hear what the [spirit] says" - not what the church says.
Christ's Church HAS a hierarchy – whether YOU approve or not:

1 Cor. 12:27-31
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance,(AK) and of different kinds of tongues. Are ALL apostles? Are ALL prophets? Are ALL teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

1 Thess. 5:12
and we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are OVER YOU in the Lord, and admonish you;

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the ELDERS (presbuteroi/priests)who rule well be considered worthy of DOUBLE HONOR
, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

Jesus gave DIFFERENT instructions to the LEADERS of His Church than He gave to the crowds.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No quotes for Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians, or Galatians - all yesterday's books. Just quotes from those Books for Today -Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, Philemon.

Still a total lack of Bible competency and massive ignorance of the scriptures. A typical Catholic Bully with no knowledge. Enjoy being on the New Earth under Israel rule. That's assuming you have eternal life. With Catholics, one never knows.
Sooooo, Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians and Galatians don’t count because YOU say so??
Your ignorance about the authorship of Acts is only superseded by your complete arrogance. You'e been schooled by a Catholic - and you can’t handle it.

YOU don’t get to tell anybody which Books count and which Books don’t.
They ALL count because they are ALL Theopneustos (God-breathed).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what is your POINT of appearing to argue a necessity of Water Baptism?

If you even read and/or understood my posts, you would have seen that what I am contending for is the idea that water baptism has the power to save; while simply calling on the name of the Lord will suffice even apart from water baptism.

If a person merely believes, He should not perish but have everlasting life. If a person believes and is baptized, he shall be saved. If anyone merely calls on the name of the Lord (which is a step above merely believing), he shall be saved.

Get it?

It has to do with whether a person has absolute assurance and entrance into the kingdom; or whether their entrance is on the iffy side.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians and Galatians don’t count because YOU say so??
Your ignorance about the authorship of Acts is only superseded by your complete arrogance. You'e been schooled by a Catholic - and you can’t handle it.

YOU don’t get to tell anybody which Books count and which Books don’t.
They ALL count because they are ALL Theopneustos (God-breathed).

The only books written TO or ABOUT anyone living today are Paul's 7 post-Acts books. If you can't see that, you're blind as a bat. Have you ever even looked at those books? They are the only books that tell any of us about our future. I said nothing about the authorship of Acts, but ir was Luke, of course.

I could care less about what you quote but if it isn't from the 7 after-Acts books that are the ONLY books for today, anything you quote is meaningless and nearly 2000 years behind the times. Your traditions make the Word of God of none effect. but I'm sure you already realize that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Church HAS a hierarchy – whether YOU approve or not:

1 Cor. 12:27-31
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance,(AK) and of different kinds of tongues. Are ALL apostles? Are ALL prophets? Are ALL teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

1 Thess. 5:12
and we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are OVER YOU in the Lord, and admonish you;

1 Tim. 5:17
Let the ELDERS (presbuteroi/priests)who rule well be considered worthy of DOUBLE HONOR
, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

Jesus gave DIFFERENT instructions to the LEADERS of His Church than He gave to the crowds.
Cool - looks like I out-rank you!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you even read and/or understood my posts, you would have seen that what I am contending for is the idea that water baptism has the power to save; while simply calling on the name of the Lord will suffice even apart from water baptism.

If a person merely believes, He should not perish but have everlasting life. If a person believes and is baptized, he shall be saved. If anyone merely calls on the name of the Lord (which is a step above merely believing), he shall be saved.

Get it?

It has to do with whether a person has absolute assurance and entrance into the kingdom; or whether their entrance is on the iffy side.

Okay.

Glory to God,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you don't.
You're outside of Christ's Church . . .
I would tell you to check your facts with your boss...but he wouldn't know either.

By the way...you just violated forum rules. Don't let it happen again!

Last edited: