Becoming a perfect Disciple of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. He is definitely alive. And His word is also "living and powerful" (Hebrews 4:12 (nkjv)).

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Thats because Gods word is Spirit and it is life, the bible is a book made from paper, what do you not understand.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, the very words printed on that paper, they are spirit and they are life.
Yes HE says they are not, funny how so many leave that bit out.

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So many will be left out.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes HE says they are not, funny how so many leave that bit out.

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So many will be left out.
Fact is, if we come to the One of whom the scriptures testify, they have indeed brought us to eternal life.

The following verse says something similar to what is written in John 5:39-40...

Heb 4:2, For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

If, in having the gospel preached to us through the holy scriptures, we mix that understanding with faith, it will profit us unto life everlasting.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fact is, if we come to the One of whom the scriptures testify, they have indeed brought us to eternal life.
But you see you havnt Jesus is the Word of God and our life is in Him. If you have Him who is the truth, than what else could you possible need.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you see you havnt Jesus is the Word of God and our life is in Him. If you have Him who is the truth, than what else could you possible need.
Indeed.

However, the truth of God's word is something that can be used to bring others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; and it also stands as the ultimate authority when spirits of deception (1 Timothy 4:1) come claiming to be Jesus Christ; for God will not contradict His word because He has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed.

However, the truth of God's word is something that can be used to bring others to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ; and it also stands as the ultimate authority when spirits of deception (1 Timothy 4:1) come claiming to be Jesus Christ; for God will not contradict His word because He has magnified His word above all His name (Psalms 138:2).
He did not magnify teh "bible" above His name,. did He.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He did (Psalms 138:2).
Funny isnt it,
people point you too Christ you run to the bible,
the bible points you to Christ but you run to the bible,
all you do is justify the bible,
If you have Christ who is the greater, the bible or Christ??
Who is Lord???

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny isnt it,
people point you too Christ you run to the bible,
the bible points you to Christ but you run to the bible,
all you do is justify the bible,
If you have Christ who is the greater, the bible or Christ??
Who is Lord???
Jesus is my Lord, of course.

But this contention is, what? That we ought not to look for the Bible for the truth of God?

Your answer?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is my Lord, of course.

But this contention is, what? That we ought not to look for the Bible for the truth of God?

Your answer?
Jesus is the truth dont you trust Him??

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
That is why you
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

And you dont, so how is HE going to get teh Honor when you give it all to teh bibkle.

Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This has been added by you because of your bias against the word.
Against Christ God,His Spirit and His Word , The words I speak The are Spirit and they are one, I have none, why is it you cant ask Christ for the truth, dont you trust Him??? You need the bible to be Gods word because you think it gives you some authority, so does anyone who reads the bible it is a presumed authority and have none, and that is why there is so little truth because you refuse to go to teh one who is the truth, why?? Is teh bible greater than Jesus, even God and His Spirit. All that Jesus ever promised us was,

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

but like teh bible says, no one believes Him so they run to teh bible.

2Ti_3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are commanded to preach the word in 2 Timothy 4:2.

This commandment was given by the Holy Ghost, as 2 Timothy 3:16 shows clearly that all scripture is inspired by God the Holy Ghost.

As a matter of fact, everything written down in the Bible is inspired by the Holy Ghost;

And therefore to deny any of these words is to deny the testimony of the Holy Spirit.

Now, I agree that our relationship is with Christ and not the Holy Bible.

But He is away on a trip; we know Him no more according to the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16).

So we get to know Him through His love letter to us; and His Spirit also speaks to us through that love letter.

But the Holy Ghost doesn't speak to us with the voice of words. He speaks to us through His word.

People who do not rely on the Bible as the truth of God are susceptible to deceiving spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1).

Am I correct in believing that it is your contention that we ought not to look to the Bible for the truth of the Lord?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are commanded to preach the word in 2 Timothy 4:2.

This commandment was given by the Holy Ghost, as 2 Timothy 3:16 shows clearly that all scripture is inspired by God the Holy Ghost.

As a matter of fact, everything written down in the Bible is inspired by the Holy Ghost;

And therefore to deny any of these words is to deny the testimony of the Holy Spirit.

Now, I agree that our relationship is with Christ and not the Holy Bible.

But He is away on a trip; we know Him no more according to the flesh (2 Corinthians 5:16).

So we get to know Him through His love letter to us; and His Spirit also speaks to us through that love letter.

But the Holy Ghost doesn't speak to us with the voice of words. He speaks to us through His word.

People who do not rely on the Bible as the truth of God are susceptible to deceiving spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1).

Am I correct in believing that it is your contention that we ought not to look to the Bible for the truth of the Lord?
Did HE command you?? or was that your decision. and He asked to preach the Gospel not the bible....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did HE command you?? or was that your decision. and He asked to preach the Gospel not the bible....
You wear me thin.

2 Timothy 4:2 is commanded to all who read it.

And now, you say that the Bible doesn't contain the gospel.

He commands us to preach the word. That is the Bible.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wear me thin.

2 Timothy 4:2 is commanded to all who read it.

And now, you say that the Bible doesn't contain the gospel.

He commands us to preach the word. That is the Bible.
he disciples didnt need the bible to preach the gospel so why do you?? If you know Christ you have the truth and if you have the truth why do you need the bible, Jesus is the truth and in Him there is no lie, are you always going to run to the bible, what happens when the world takes it away, than where will you run, to your church, you are not the only one with this problem