Being embarrassed/ashamed about the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 8:387 “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 9:26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

2 Tim 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

The world want to shame you for knowing the Lord and talking about Him! For what reason was Jesus Christ hung on the cross, and even being made an example of by having to carry the cross while being blooded, through the streets? And for what reason was Paul imprisoned? Were they not both because the world did not want to hear about God?

If we have read the Bible and not come to realize that the world is so intent about keeping the information about God quiet that the world will embarrass you, make you feel ashamed even to the point of putting a cross on you and making an example of you, if needed, then we got nothing from the Bible and came into agreement with the devil.

There have been several times, while talking to the Lord, that He has asked me personally if I was embarrassed about Him. I considered it and told Him, "Yes Lord, I am sometimes embarrassed about talking about you." People obviously and often tend to think I am a bit crazy when I testify to the things He does in my life and when I tell them the things He says to me.

The ways those people come across is to doubt me, challenge me, and one of the most annoying is to accuse me to having pride. Pride is pointing people to yourself and telling people how great you are - humility is pointing people to Jesus Christ and how great He is. He is the Great and Wonderful King who is over the Kingdom of heaven/God. He will be at some point over all things, according to the will of the Father, but as of now a great rebellion takes place and this world does not want to be ruled by Him.

Never-the-less, we can have access to Him and His Kingdom right now!! I will and have testified about that. In fact I do love testifying about the King and His Kingdom, but I also often don't when I might because I often get ashamed and embarrassed. Incredibly, those who embarrass me and make me ashamed seem to be Christians!! Where did Paul pick up those chains he had in Rome. Was that not result of speaking out in Jerusalem where the temple was? And where did Jesus get arrested and get the cross?

I tell you honestly that it is often easier to talk to a person about the King (Jesus Christ) at a soccer field that at a church.

So why is it that on this very forum we see so few testimonies about the King. Yes - we can read lots of wise things said from wise people about the Bible and about the past thing God did. We can read people saying that God is great, but check out the testimony section, or just read a thread, and where you would expect lots of wonderful testimonies about what God is doing and saying today is usually missing!

So let me ask the question that He has asked me at times:

Are you enbarrassed and ashamed of Him and His words?

Again, I testify that I have heard that question from Him - so I believe if any of you are indeed hearing from Him everyday He most have already asked you that question too, right?

Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 8:387 “For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 9:26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

2 Tim 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

The world want to shame you for knowing the Lord and talking about Him! For what reason was Jesus Christ hung on the cross, and even being made an example of by having to carry the cross while being blooded, through the streets? And for what reason was Paul imprisoned? Were they not both because the world did not want to hear about God?

If we have read the Bible and not come to realize that the world is so intent about keeping the information about God quiet that the world will embarrass you, make you feel ashamed even to the point of putting a cross on you and making an example of you, if needed, then we got nothing from the Bible and came into agreement with the devil.

There have been several times, while talking to the Lord, that He has asked me personally if I was embarrassed about Him. I considered it and told Him, "Yes Lord, I am sometimes embarrassed about talking about you." People obviously and often tend to think I am a bit crazy when I testify to the things He does in my life and when I tell them the things He says to me.

The ways those people come across is to doubt me, challenge me, and one of the most annoying is to accuse me to having pride. Pride is pointing people to yourself and telling people how great you are - humility is pointing people to Jesus Christ and how great He is. He is the Great and Wonderful King who is over the Kingdom of heaven/God. He will be at some point over all things, according to the will of the Father, but as of now a great rebellion takes place and this world does not want to be ruled by Him.

Never-the-less, we can have access to Him and His Kingdom right now!! I will and have testified about that. In fact I do love testifying about the King and His Kingdom, but I also often don't when I might because I often get ashamed and embarrassed. Incredibly, those who embarrass me and make me ashamed seem to be Christians!! Where did Paul pick up those chains he had in Rome. Was that not result of speaking out in Jerusalem where the temple was? And where did Jesus get arrested and get the cross?
I tell you honestly that it is often easier to talk to a person about the King (Jesus Christ) at a soccer field that at a church.

So why is it that on this very forum we see so few testimonies about the King. Yes - we can read lots of wise things said from wise people about the Bible and about the past thing God did. We can read people saying that God is great, but check out the testimony section, or just read a thread, and where you would expect lots of wonderful testimonies about what God is doing and saying today is usually missing!

So let me ask the question that He has asked me at times:

Are you enbarrassed and ashamed of Him and His words?

Again, I testify that I have heard that question from Him - so I believe if any of you are indeed hearing from Him everyday He most have already asked you that question too, right?

Hello Karl,

"So why is it that on this very forum we see so few testimonies about the King."

We humans have such short memories of all the way's in the past that He was there for us not a second too early or late.

"Are you enbarrassed and ashamed of Him and His words?"

Never!
I might not be out on the street corners handing out tracts, as personally and experientially it does more harm than good (IMHO)
1 Peter 3:15 tells us:
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

"If we have read the Bible and not come to realize that the world is so intent about keeping the information about God quiet that the world will embarrass you, make you feel ashamed even to the point of putting a cross on you and making an example of you, if needed, then we got nothing from the Bible and came into agreement with the devil."

Agreed brother! The god of this world has crept into every vein and mostly the MOST innocent of things, such as cartoons, logos on products, therefore, Satan gets worshipped through these things and most average Christian does not see this as, it is presented as being oh so innocent!
Most have no problem mentioning the word "god" but once the Name Of Jesus is mentioned...they shut down and immediately become defensive. :(

"Again, I testify that I have heard that question from Him - so I believe if any of you are indeed hearing from Him everyday He most have already asked you that question too, right?"

Yes brother, He has. Mostly when my nieces boyfriend is here and I know he is not into Christian music, I will lower it or just pause it. I feel immediately convicted of this. It now, after being reminded in your thread that, that will no longer happen...I just might turn it up! Lol...no, wouldn't do that but, will never again turn it off. Thank you bro!

Thoughtful, post.

God help your church!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Karl,

"So why is it that on this very forum we see so few testimonies about the King."

We humans have such short memories of all the way's in the past that He was there for us not a second too early or late.

Never!
I might not be out on the street corners handing out tracts, as personally and experientially it does more harm than good (IMHO)
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

"If we have read the Bible and not come to realize that the world is so intent about keeping the information about God quiet that the world will embarrass you, make you feel ashamed even to the point of putting a cross on you and making an example of you, if needed, then we got nothing from the Bible and came into agreement with the devil."

Agreed brother! The god of this world has crept into every vein and mostly the MOST innocent of things, such as cartoons, logos on products, therefore, Satan gets worshipped through these things and most average Christian does not see this as, it is presented as being oh so innocent!
Most have no problem mentioning the word "god" but once the Name Of Jesus is mentioned...they shut down and immediately become defensive. :(

"Again, I testify that I have heard that question from Him - so I believe if any of you are indeed hearing from Him everyday He most have already asked you that question too, right?"

Yes brother, He has. Mostly when my nieces boyfriend is here and I know he is not into Christian music, I will lower it or just pause it. I feel immediately convicted of this. It now, after being reminded in your thread that, that will no longer happen...I just might turn it up! Lol...no, wouldn't do that but, will never again turn it off. Thank you bro!

Thoughtful, post.

God help your church!

Nice honest reply. I loved the post

I did want to go over one thing thought - I am not out on the street corner passing out tracts - in case anyone is wondering. Yet because I hear from Him, and He is always with me, I have found that He has this thing He does where all of a sudden He will talk to me about someone going by. OHH - is that every challenging.

One of the times He asked me about if I was embarrassed about Him was when I was walking in an outdoor maul with my wife. A lady passed by the other way pushing what appeared to be her husband in a wheel chair. They were both elderly people. Suddenly the Lord tells me, "Karl if you will pray for him I will heal him." OH GOSH - I was not passing out tracts but just walking along with my wife. I was however working in a Christian healing ministry around that time, and we had a wheel chair left there from when the Lord had healed someone stuck in a wheelchair. So I knew He can heal someone like that. He had not used me for that, but He had used me to pray for a man who had come in using a walker and left happily walking on his own.

So now what was I to do? I know, I should have tried to stop the elderly couple and asked if they would let me pray for that man. I'm sorry, but I didn't I kind of stopped and watched for a moment as they continued on their way. Then I told my wife how I had just messed up. Ok, I get it. I am not the great man of God who can honestly say I never get embarrass about what the Lord tells me. Yet what gets me is listening to other Christians who take the attitude that telling them about the Lord and what He does means I am into pride. I don't think you can possible know the Lord and be into pride (those evil spirits). He is going to find a way to show you how you sometime get ashamed and embarrassed about Him. That humbles you, and makes you fully aware that He is God and not you! Yet knowing Him also makes you want to tell people about Him.

Perhaps some of you are a better person than me and were walking and listening to Him when someone went by in a wheel chair, and are even more zealous for Him than me so that you could stop, like Peter instead of me - Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

As for me - I have seen the Lord use me hundreds of times to heal people, and it comes from listening to Him. I know that. I have seen miracles in my daughter, son, mom and me. I have seen miracles with other Christians. I saw miracles at the Christian book store He had me open. I was with a Christian friend when we pray for another Christian outside a Pizza place and we saw a back get healed. He had me work five years in a Christian healing ministry and I saw Him do lots of miracles there. I saw miracles when He had me working in a hospital visitation ministry, and also in a pray room ministry He had me in. But on that day in that outdoor maul, I didn't see a miracle. I didn't even pray for one when the option was given to me - and I was listening to Him.

Still - it get me when I go to tell people on this forum about our Lord the King of kings and they think I am just full of pride. I have my pride, but my telling people about Him and His Kingdom is not from pride it is from caring enough to point people to the King of kings! Your pride is the thing that keeps your form listening to Him in the first place. Let us just be honest with ourselves about that.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I have a thread in the unorthodox forum about Christ the king!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice honest reply. I loved the post

I did want to go over one thing thought - I am not out on the street corner passing out tracts - in case anyone is wondering. Yet because I hear from Him, and He is always with me, I have found that He has this thing He does where all of a sudden He will talk to me about someone going by. OHH - is that every challenging.

One of the times He asked me about if I was embarrassed about Him was when I was walking in an outdoor maul with my wife. A lady passed by the other way pushing what appeared to be her husband in a wheel chair. They were both elderly people. Suddenly the Lord tells me, "Karl if you will pray for him I will heal him." OH GOSH - I was not passing out tracts but just walking along with my wife. I was however working in a Christian healing ministry around that time, and we had a wheel chair left there from when the Lord had healed someone stuck in a wheelchair. So I knew He can heal someone like that. He had not used me for that, but He had used me to pray for a man who had come in using a walker and left happily walking on his own.

So now what was I to do? I know, I should have tried to stop the elderly couple and asked if they would let me pray for that man. I'm sorry, but I didn't I kind of stopped and watched for a moment as they continued on their way. Then I told my wife how I had just messed up. Ok, I get it. I am not the great man of God who can honestly say I never get embarrass about what the Lord tells me. Yet what gets me is listening to other Christians who take the attitude that telling them about the Lord and what He does means I am into pride. I don't think you can possible know the Lord and be into pride (those evil spirits). He is going to find a way to show you how you sometime get ashamed and embarrassed about Him. That humbles you, and makes you fully aware that He is God and not you! Yet knowing Him also makes you want to tell people about Him.

Perhaps some of you are a better person than me and were walking and listening to Him when someone went by in a wheel chair, and are even more zealous for Him than me so that you could stop, like Peter instead of me - Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

As for me - I have seen the Lord use me hundreds of times to heal people, and it comes from listening to Him. I know that. I have seen miracles in my daughter, son, mom and me. I have seen miracles with other Christians. I saw miracles at the Christian book store He had me open. I was with a Christian friend when we pray for another Christian outside a Pizza place and we saw a back get healed. He had me work five years in a Christian healing ministry and I saw Him do lots of miracles there. I saw miracles when He had me working in a hospital visitation ministry, and also in a pray room ministry He had me in. But on that day in that outdoor maul, I didn't see a miracle. I didn't even pray for one when the option was given to me - and I was listening to Him.

Still - it get me when I go to tell people on this forum about our Lord the King of kings and they think I am just full of pride. I have my pride, but my telling people about Him and His Kingdom is not from pride it is from caring enough to point people to the King of kings! Your pride is the thing that keeps your form listening to Him in the first place. Let us just be honest with ourselves about that.

Wonderful how He uses you. Yes, I have messed up there too many times to count. I now ask for opportunities to come across my path to be able to speak/pray for or with someone. Kind of hard when most of your time is spent in the house, lol...doesn't matter, it can be anywhere...stores, Dr's offices, gas stations and so on.
You have the right idea, you focus on Jesus and there is NO carnal self pride there! We should have pride in our God!
Bless your socks off brother!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy I have a thread in the unorthodox forum about Christ the king!

I had posted a thread about the Kingdom of God in this forum, and I did this thread because this subject about being ashamed or embarrass about the Lord is a different subject, though there is some connection. I we look at the verses in the open we do find angels mentioned. Indeed, if we are embarrassed about the King then it obviously follows we are not going to be talking about His Kingdom either.

Anyway, I was curious about your thread in the unorthodox forum and went to read it. There were some verses, but no testimonies, and I noted two things from that thread that I feel are worth bringing up. So I quoted them below.

That’s the problem with Protestantism it’s very nature and existence attacks, rejects, rebels against Christ the king!

That is quite a statement. You are basically saying that just because Protestantism exists it's nature it attacks, reject, and rebels against Christ the King of kings. Obviously you are wrong. Actually you think that the Pope is the spokes man for Jesus Christ as opposed to His Holy Spirit, and that is because you don't know the Lord thought His Holy Spirit. That is not absolutely true of all Catholics. And in fact I have meet many Protestant Christian who seem to think their local pastor is the spokesman for Christ instead of the Holy Spirit also. So amadeus put it exactly correct on that thread, as posted below.

The Catholic individuals are often found having precisely the same kind of difficulties you mention observing in Protestants,

The fact is that you can actually get to know the Lord Jesus Christ personally via His Holy Spirit! It is that small voice of His. And the Scriptures explain this over and over and over and over. Did we not even read where Jesus asked about us having ears to hear?

Indeed if we use our spiritual ears and seek the King of kings, Jesus Christ, we find Him. The Scriptures explain this!!

And yes, from what I see many Protestants and Catholics too, don't really wind up seeking Him much. It is not so much about your traditions, but about your relationship with the Lord. I personally like the spirit filled side of Christianity. Though the Holy Spirit can seem very weird at times. He tends to think in spiritual terms when I tend to think in physical terms, so the Holy Spirit can seem strange.

Now the Lord had me open up a Christian bookstore for a couple of years for Him. When He did so, He told me to also have messianic Jewish material and Catholic material. He even had me take out an ad in the local Catholic church program, and go around to tell the Catholic churches in town (there were three) about the store. At one of them I knock and a nun answered the door. I told her that I was opening a Christian bookstore and the nun told me that they were Catholic. I responded by asking her if Catholics were not Christians. She seem to think about it and said, 'Well yes they were." So, I told her, "I am opening up a Christian bookstore in town", which was what the King of kings had told me to say.

So I wonder how it is that you boldly claim to know Him and not know this?

Now hear is a testimony about the King of kings and His words.

The Lord had me get some Catholic used books also, because I was to carry both new and used books. I paid about $30 on Ebay to get a number of used Catholic books. The Lord in fact told me exactly what to get. I never sold a single one of those books in my two years at that store - however I did wind up given one away.

I was sitting by my register doing some accounting when a nicely dress man walk into the store. He looked around and started looking at the used books. Suddenly I heard the Lord tell me, "Karl, that man is kind of like a pastor."

So I looked up at the man and that seemed probably right. He was a nice respectable looking man. I went back to working. Then the Lord told me again with a bit more force, "Karl, that man is kind of like a pastor!"

'Ok I got it Lord', I was thinking. That man is kind of like a pastor. "That's fine ", I was thinking and went back to work.

Again with even more force the Lord said, "KARL, THAT MAN IS KIND OF LIKE A PASTOR!!!"

So I looked over to the man and said loudly, "SIR - YOU ARE KIND OF LIKE A PASTOR!!"

The man suddenly startled by my outbursts, looked over and me and said calmly, "I am a Catholic priest."

He was actually starting to get pretty excited, but not from what I told him. He had found a used book. It looked like a beat up piece of juck to me, but it turns out that it had been written by a friend of his that he had gone through school with. He had be looking for that book for years and could never find it. He explained that he had just been to the dentist that was in the shopping center and noticed my sign and felt drawn to the store. He wanted to pay me the dollar or so I was selling it for, but before he could the Lord started telling me how much he loved that man. There was no way I was going to let that Catholic priest pay for that book, seeing how the Lord loved Him that much.

I paid $30 for those books simply because the King told me to get them specifically. I feel sure He knew I would never make even a single dollar back on them. I would have made a dollar back except the Lord told me that man was kind of like a pastor and also told me how much he loved that Catholic priest. No big deal, I didn't open that store up to make money. I had only opened it up because the Lord had me quit a nice job as a retail manager to open that store. And then I read some "Catholic" person writing about the King and obedience to Him, and they don't know He has different Christian churches. Have you never even read about the seven churches John wrote to in Revelation? They all had different characteristic, but they were all His churches!

Yeah - as you judge so shall you be judged. amadeus post was right about that. The Lord, He loves His churches even if they have some different traditions. It still always comes down to know Him, Jesus Christ the King of kings, personally!

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just my observation in doing apologetics with Protestants for 30 years

there is the kingdom of God and his saints with grace and truth
Faithful obedience and submission
to Christ and his new covenant church the kingdom of God on earth

and the kingdom of men and heretics
with error and chaos

pride presumption and arrogance
Protests disobedience and rebellion

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jude 1:3

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Mother of our salvation

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hello Karl,

Never!

Thoughtful, post.

God help your church!

nice imo :)
Paul’s “when in Rome” comes to mind…

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Successors of Jesus Christ!

Jesus already prepares His apostles to continue His mission with His power (binding and loosing) and with His authority (keys) matt 16:18 matt 18:18

Same mission, power, and authority Jn 20:21-23

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 when therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John...
Jn 4:2 Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples

Here we see Jesus delegating to His successors, Peter and the apostles!

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing

There can be no unity of the spirit without obedience to the faith! Rom 1:5 eph 4:3

Matt 28 I am with you (the apostles)

The papacy based on Matt 16:18 and Isa 22:21-22

Matt 16:18-19
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Isa 22:21-22
21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Behold I am with you (the successors or the apostles until the end of the age, so the successors must remain until the end of the age) matt 28:19

(None of the so called reformers were apostles) (no man has authority to start a church)