Believe in God, you will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Rogers

Mar 10, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus clearly teaches in John 3:16 that He will save anyone who believes in Him: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish. lost but have eternal life…”. The word “who” includes you and everyone in this world.

oCC09Zf.png

The Bible says that, if salvation is based on our individual efforts, no one can save "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" - Romans 3: 23. Psalm 143:2 adds that “there is no one righteous before him.” Romans further affirm “there is no one righteous, even if one is not.”

We cannot save ourselves. Instead, we are saved when we trust Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8:9 teaches that “by grace, you have saved me by faith; results of work, so no one can be proud”. We are saved by the grace of God, and grace in its own right is unearned. We are not worthy of salvation; we simply receive it by faith.

The grace of God is sufficient to cover all sins - Romans 5:20. The Bible is also filled with examples of people being saved from the background of their sinful past. The Apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in many of their sinful circumstances. The apostle Paul wrote to Christians who had previously lived in various sinful circumstances, including fornication, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, theft, covetousness, and drunk. But Paul told them that, by salvation, “You were baptized, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit. of our God" - 1 Corinthians 6:9:11.

The Apostle Paul was formerly a persecutor of Christians, he approved of Stephen's death - Acts 8:1 and arrested Christians and threw them in prison - Acts of the Apostles 8:3. He later wrote, “Although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a tyrant, I received mercy because I acted thus when I did not understand and believe But God's grace has been poured out upon me, along with faith and love in Jesus Christ. Here is the word that is trustworthy and worthy of acceptance by all: Jesus Christ. I have come into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first.” - I Timothy 1:13-15.

God often chooses to save those who seem unworthy to serve His purposes. He saved a criminal on the cross with only a few minutes left to live - Luke 23:42-43, a persecutor of the church (Paul), a fisherman who denied Christ (Peter), a Roman soldier and his family - Acts 10, a runaway slave (Onesimus in Philemon), and many others. There is no one beyond His ability to be saved - Isaiah 50:2. We need to respond in faith and receive His gift of eternal life.

Who will be saved? One thing is for sure - you can, if you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior! If you are not sure if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you can respond now with a prayer like this:

“Lord, I realized that I am still a sinner and cannot get to heaven by my own merits. I now put my faith in Jesus as the Son of God that He died for my sins and rose from the dead to give me eternal life. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to live for You. I thank You for accepting me and giving me eternal life.”

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do love the sentiment, but not the word for word prayer at the end. Speaking to God should ideally be in one’s own words, not a script.

but still, faith in Christ is a wonderful thing!

Reactions: Jennifer Rogers

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do love the sentiment, but not the word for word prayer at the end. Speaking to God should ideally be in one’s own words, not a script.

but still, faith in Christ is a wonderful thing!
Some folk don't know how to pray. Even the disciples asked to be taught how. Nothing wrong with a form. I'm sure the words will come. as the relationship grows. God knows the intent.

Thank you, @Jennifer Rogers, for posting that.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last time I looked it was believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for our redemption we will be saved.
Which is totally different than ‘ just believe in God’ .
Salvation is through The Son ….”For God so loved the world that He gave His BELOVED SON …that whosoever believes in HIM shall be saved. “

….H

okay ..whoops , apologies…I didn’t read the whole opening post …
I only saw the “believe God “ part . x

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last time I looked it was believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for our redemption we will be saved. Which is totally different than ‘ just believe in God’ .
That is correct. Everyone, or almost everyone, believes in God. But the Bible says "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ".