Believers Birth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers that are gripped by the Pauline epistles and his message. Those that come to live by faith. Those that learn to live as Paul describes as the new life - new faith - new way. God's way of living - not law faith, but another faith - what is it they do. How are they effected?

There is at least three notable things it does:

1) It will open up the mystery to you. Your faith will stop you from seeing the mystery! Why is that? It is you operating out of a knowledge you must get something to be something. To have the things of God you will depend on your faith. 13 times Paul talks about the mystery, the birth that took place in believers. The mystery of godliness - the mystery of Christ in you - having made known unto us the mystery - knowledge in the mystery - fellowship of the mystery. And so on. Most that come to know the mystery have come to an end of their faith and can live by another.

That is dangerous and it is hard. Coming to an end of self is the hardest thing you will do and most don't make it. The objective of God is you come to see you are his in a wicked world!

2) You come to "the revelation of Jesus Christ." How did Christ come to be your life. You got it the moment you believed - but you don't know it until it is revealed to you. The mystery revealed. We talk about the most startling thing written in Christianity, but until the Holy Spirit reveals it to you, you will have no interest in it.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. - 1 Corinthians 2:9-10.

3) You are clear cut in what you say and see. You no longer live! What was Paul to us - clear in what he said. He didn't beat around a bush saying "well I think, I believe, this is what I see," no sir he was as clear as he could possibly be in understanding and saying. That you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) - Ephesians 3:3-4.

Reactions: farouk

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man It all comes back to the nature of revelation in Scripture and the Spirit-led experience of the new birth (John 3).

Most powerful verse. No one knew or ever had heard that a new birth was going to take place. They thought Jesus was beside himself. And then have the Holy Spirit reveal it - glorious!

Reactions: ChristisGod

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Most powerful verse. No one knew or ever had heard that a new birth was going to take place. They thought Jesus was beside himself. And then have the Holy Spirit reveal it - glorious!
@soul man

John 3.8: "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."