Best Thing Ever Happened to You After Being a Believer!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Quick Question: What's the best thing ever happened to you after believing in Jesus and following his footsteps?
Hi @MJ-TIC Various things: the joy and certainty of a sure hope in Him....
The increasing habit of prayer and reading the Scriptures.....
Learning to value fellowship with other Christians.........
Becoming more and more keen to tell others about the Lord Jesus....

(These are some of the things....)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quick Question: What's the best thing ever happened to you after believing in Jesus and following his footsteps?
I think some people expect an amazing spiritual experience, and when it doesn't happen, they feel let down.

I read about the people in the first century and found that knowledge was what led them to Christ. Jesus was first and foremost a teacher.
That knowledge had to come from God's word....its what Jesus and the apostles used to preach God's message of salvation to the Jews initially, and later on to the Gentiles....all of Christ's disciples held the same beliefs in common at first.....but it didn't stay that way. There is a reason for that.

For me, it was finding the answers to all my questions....I had so many questions and I wanted the answers from the scriptures, not just what some people thought....but others disagreed with. Opinions don't count for much, and they have divided the church into a fragmented mess. It means you have to decide "who" to believe, as well as "what" to believe.

The Bible should answer ALL our questions without contradicting itself. It is one story from Genesis to Revelation, and we should see the theme carried through every precious book. What God started in the beginning, is carried out successfully in the end. (Isaiah 55:11)

If you have questions...ask them, and then prayerfully consider the answers you receive from the posters here. If something strikes a chord, keep searching...keep asking....keep seeking, as Jesus said to do.

Reactions: dev553344

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It seemed I was no longer bogged down in the world and couldn't take its petty ways seriously, I felt free as if I'd blasted off from it.
I feel sorry for nonchristians who can barely get off the launch pad, Houston they have a problem"..:)

Rocket fail.jpg

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, the best temporal thing that has ever happened to me after being converted was meeting my husband (since I would never have met him if I wasn't a believer); I met him a little over a year after turning to Jesus. Unfortunately, that led to the worst thing that ever happened to me, when he was unexpectedly called home to the Lord just a couple years into our marriage.

I'd say the best thing spiritually that has happened to me was growing in my faith and walk with the Lord. When my beloved was called home to be with our Heavenly Father the Lord showed me that my faith was real; I actually wasn't sure up till then because I had just about everything I wanted in this life and how easy is it to say "Praise God!" when he has given you everything? But as Job says, "Will we accept good from the Lord but not evil?" (which means "calamity": the Lord has nothing to do with sin and that kind of evil).

It was also such a joy to me when (since I had come from a nominally Christian household and the fact that Jesus died on a cross when I was growing up was supposed to mean something to me, but it was just there and had no resonance in my heart) I came to really love the person of Jesus and find him magnetically fascinating, a joy to read about over and over again and get to know better. John's Gospel really brought that out; Jesus is portrayed in such a fascinating way. I met Jesus (spiritually of course) in the book of Matthew but his character really came alive to me in the book of John. That will always be my favorite book; I can read it over and over again and listen to countless sermon series on it. It is just such a delight for me to spend time getting to know our Lord and Saviour there.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always been protected by God in my life. He has saved me from accident and injury and death on numerous occasions. I have been immersed in the Holy Spirit that is heavenly and felt great love and peace that has lasted for hours on three different occasions in my life which is the past ~50 years. But one time the heavens opened and I saw God the Father. He appeared grey like iron and looked like a grand father with a beard. He spoke to me from a great distance like the center of the universe and taught me to worship Jesus his son. It was one of my favorite experiences.

But I also enjoy helping the less fortunate as I feel the blessed holy spirit much doing that.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For me it was the reality that the Spirit of God was actually dwelling in me.

The sin I never gave thought, suddenly became a constant guilt.

Then I noticed that sin began to be less and less.

I noticed my old friends, most of them, were no longer my friends.

I found new friends and a new way of life.

Reactions: Pearl and dev553344

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everything seemed brighter and more in focus somehow and I was filled with such joy I couldn't stop smiling, wherever I was that smile was on my face.

Reactions: Charlie24

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello MJ and welcome to CB.
The one thing I thought I would never ever be able to leave behind was how I was living, it was a ticket straight to hell. He and ONLY He brought me out of it by telling me that His grace is sufficient for me and I immediately realized it was! He has provided for me in ways I could never have imagined. That I would say was the most awesome day of my whole life. Of course, there are many, many other things that followed and too many to mention.
God bless and keep you!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello MJ and welcome to CB.
The one thing I thought I would never ever be able to leave behind was how I was living, it was a ticket straight to hell. He and ONLY He brought me out of it by telling me that His grace is sufficient for me and I immediately realized it was! He has provided for me in ways I could never have imagined. That I would say was the most awesome day of my whole life. Of course, there are many, many other things that followed and too many to mention.
God bless and keep you!
Absolutely - all true Christians have had those wonderful encounters with God through His Holy Spirit and the lists of how her has blessed us are never ending.

Reactions: Nancy

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peace that transcends all undertanding. To KNOW I am walking the right path and in a righteous relationship with my Creator, surpasses all other gifts.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hold on there partner. If you are hoping for a vending machine God, you'll be disappointed. (Don't think 12 Days of Christmas).

I think some people expect an amazing spiritual experience, and when it doesn't happen, they feel let down.

Agreed. Suffering and death to self is not what fleshy people seek but it is the pathway to Spiritual growth.

If you have questions...ask them, and then prayerfully consider the answers you receive from the posters here. If something strikes a chord, keep searching...keep asking....keep seeking, as Jesus said to do.

Spirituality 101: It's not all about you.

I once gave $1,000 cash to a missionary worker because the HS told me to. The expression, virtue is its own reward, comes to mind. I probably could have done something for myself with that cash. But it's not all about me.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best thing to me is the eternal security that comes with Jesus. You know that you are loved by the creator. It brings a peace that can get you through anything! And you get a confidence that is in the Lord. You become very confident that everything will work in your favor. Everything will be ok. I have many material possessions and a wonderful piece of land that he gave me but that is just material stuff. It means nothing in the long run. But the confidence, security and peace that Jesus offers is awesome. Oh I guess I should also say my wife. The Lords hand was in this marriage I am sure. I went from being with one of the most horrible women I have ever met to being with the most wonderful woman I have ever met! Praise God!