Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am NOT immune from misinterpretation of Scripture. Are you?
Jesus is God. Hell is everlasting. The Bible is the written Word of God. What else would you like to know about the Bible?

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God. Hell is everlasting. The Bible is the written Word of God. What else would you like to know about the Bible?
Whether your interpretation of it is absolutely inerrant. That's all I want to know at the moment. You aren't going to answer this question, are you?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether your interpretation of it is absolutely inerrant. That's all I want to know at the moment. You aren't going to answer this question, are you?
What would you like to know about the Bible?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing I care to ask YOU about until you disclose whether you believe your interpretations are always perfectly accurate.
This is a Christian forum. It's about the Bible not our opinions. If you're not interested in discussing the Bible then we have nothing to discuss.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian forum. It's about the Bible not our opinions. If you're not interested in discussing the Bible then we have nothing to discuss.
I am deeply interested in the Bible. That doesn't mean I agree with you that this forum is the wrong place to express opinions about the Bible's meaning. But for other reasons having to do with your reluctance to give me straight answers regarding your own view on your immunity from error, I agree with you that we have nothing to discuss. I am done here.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am deeply interested in the Bible. That doesn't mean I agree with you that this forum is the wrong place to express opinions about the Bible's meaning. But for other reasons having to do with your reluctance to give me straight answers regarding your own view on your immunity from error, I agree with you that we have nothing to discuss. I am done here.
I give Biblical answers. I highly recommend it!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@MatthewG
Do you really believe this was not written to you? Think about what you are missing out on if you believe it's only for others.

KJV Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Applying the above as a personal promise takes nothing away from the impact such a promise had when spoken by Jeremiah to the nation . Just because they rejected God's word to them, doesn't mean you need to follow suit. They likely thought the same as you... That isn't to us... "Go somewhere else and preach your fundamentalist claptrap."

Bill Judson

Feb 21, 2024
Tempe AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not waiting for Jesus return. I’m way past believing he is coming anymore. He came to those people as promised. You can disagree though with me and tell me I am wrong if you desire.

God's talks about people who think this in His Word

2 Peter 3:3,4 - Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Peter 3:3,4 - Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Okay. :stageright:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
Do you really believe this was not written to you? Think about what you are missing out on if you believe it's only for others.

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Applying the above as a personal promise takes nothing away from the impact such a promise had when spoken by Jeremiah to the nation . Just because they rejected God's word to them, doesn't mean you need to follow suit. They likely thought the same as you... That isn't to us... "Go somewhere else and preach your fundamentalist claptrap."
No. The Bible was never written to you or me. It never addresses the United States or Australia. Some think it does and presume to desire a “Christian” country which doesn’t exist. The only “Christian” country believers belong to is the Heavenly Jerusalem, and are able to have access to the Father through Christ, in his death, burial, and resurrection by the Holy Spirit of his Father. Along with his ascension and coming to get the bride, is all I need to believe on.

I’m not political. So I’m not familiar with what a fundamentalist is. I’m just going on the fact, that none of the Bible was written to you directly.

It is however given as a gift for us, to spiritually see where one is on their journey between oneself and God.

It’s the READER, who must decide what they will believe concerning the Bible, and the contents within it. I’m a READER who sees the concern of how the Bible is written to the Hebrew people, with some letters addressing the gentiles which were among converted Jews. It never concerns America or anything else.

Though you take those scriptures and apply them to America if one wanted to.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In those days, within the generation Jesus speaks about, many people did end up lying about Jesus having returned. They were many people who came claiming Christ in that age but it wasn’t the true Christ that was promised to come. Jesus gave these warnings to his apostle to be aware of and to know that the judgment was closing in closer and closer as time pressed in on the church which was the bride taken, who was pure, spotless, and blameless. Therefore all Peter is doing is addressing that it was not yet and not to believe those who say so. Later on you’ll have John writing which concerned the intimate coming quickly of the Lord Jesus, which was out delay. And shortly means quickly. Not now, today, 2000 years later.

Are there people out there claiming to be messiah today? Sure, but it was no where near as many in that day. There is some merit to think about when it comes down to what’s true and what’s not. What could happen today, and what is not possible; such as the generation that suffered the wrath of God in a one time event it’s impossible for it never to happen again.

But the Reader has to make these distinctions and know what the Apostolic record entails to understand it. Those who have ignored these points, have some questions to think about.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. The Bible was never written to you or me. It never addresses the United States or Australia. Some think it does and presume to desire a “Christian” country which doesn’t exist. The only “Christian” country believers belong to is the Heavenly Jerusalem, and are able to have access to the Father through Christ, in his death, burial, and resurrection by the Holy Spirit of his Father. Along with his ascension and coming to get the bride, is all I need to believe on.

I’m not political. So I’m not familiar with what a fundamentalist is. I’m just going on the fact, that none of the Bible was written to you directly.

It is however given as a gift for us, to spiritually see where one is on their journey between oneself and God.

It’s the READER, who must decide what they will believe concerning the Bible, and the contents within it. I’m a READER who sees the concern of how the Bible is written to the Hebrew people, with some letters addressing the gentiles which were among converted Jews. It never concerns America or anything else.

Though you take those scriptures and apply them to America if one wanted to.
I wasn't talking about politics or the United States. That's another thread and topic altogether. All I can do is repeat what I said previously...
Think about what you are missing out on if you believe it's only for others.

Jesus said the same...
KJV Matthew 7:7-11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.​

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about politics or the United States. That's another thread and topic altogether. All I can do is repeat what I said previously...
Think about what you are missing out on if you believe it's only for others.

Jesus said the same...
KJV Matthew 7:7-11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.​

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Do you think I believe the Bible is useless because it’s not written directly to you? I get you share the verses… and yes there are some that one can apply to one’s lives but others they are unable to, however if they decide that Jesus is still coming back and they need to prepare for these things, by all means do so.

No still the Bible is not written to me, it was written to specificly concerning mainly the nation of Israel and their time. However It is written for people, to learn about God and how he dealt with mankind, from sin, to its payment to the resurrection of Christ, to the ascension, to the return and gathering the bride with the wrath of God upon Israel.

Surely you did read my post right? I don’t believe Im personally missing anything with God dwelling within by the spirit in faith, in the death, burial, resurrection, ascending and return of Jesus Christ. Yes people can ask their Father in heaven to help them by the spirit.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think I believe the Bible is useless because it’s not written directly to you? I get you share the verses… and yes there are some that one can apply to one’s lives but others they are unable to, however if they decide that Jesus is still coming back and they need to prepare for these things, by all means do so.

No still the Bible is not written to me, it was written to specificly concerning mainly the nation of Israel and their time. However It is written for people, to learn about God and how he dealt with mankind, from sin, to its payment to the resurrection of Christ, to the ascension, to the return and gathering the bride with the wrath of God upon Israel.

Surely you did read my post right? I don’t believe Im personally missing anything with God dwelling within by the spirit in faith, in the death, burial, resurrection, ascending and return of Jesus Christ. Yes people can ask their Father in heaven to help them by the spirit.
Luke 11:13: "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My desire to make Gods name known. YHVH, YHWH, either one those I’m fine with. YaHaVaH, is what I tend to call my Father in Heaven, who was Jesus’ Father while he was on Earth. Yahavah is spirit, fire, and love. And that is the gist of my answer Redfan. Does it matter to you personally if you desire to also choose to call Yahavah by that name, some say Yahweh, some say Jehovah?
You can't even name ONE verse in the Bible that says "YaHaVaH"!