Bible was never written to you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it might be, but should we not be led by the Spirit of God as we are walking with Him? Has God ever directed any person to a particular verse of chapter in the Bible? He certainly has done so with me. We should not try to put God in any box, either with or without written Scriptures; with or without the help of a person. Is He not able to use whatever means He chooses whenever he chooses?
Brother,as you well know the Bible imo is of a spiritual matter and cannot be understood without the Spirit.

Also remember the carnal mind could never imo understand God’s word...The Holy Spirit is our witness and he leads us through scripture to understand God’s word in the Spirit, hence we need to be Born Of The Spirit to understand the word of God...my opinion and belief.
And YES Gods children understand his word, we are under the New Covenant....we have a Living relationship with God all according to his purpose and plan...we were taken out of the world, we’re in Gods Kingdom...were in the world, we’re not of the world...we belong to God and the Bible is Gods word to us.

Word of God: Top 10 Bible Verses​

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Luke 11:28 - But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Romans 8:7 Context​

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first included myself within the pages of being talked to within the bible, it just made me more of a judgmental D. Head. It was only realizing when I was not directly being spoken to helped out a lot more in understanding not only myself, but the people that Jesus was dealing with. There is a big difference when you separate yourself from the time of those people, and the ways things are now today.

Many people just cry and moan, as they think the world is just bad and it needs to be done away with.. while God has already reconciled the world to himself and is no longer wrathful towards anyone anymore due to the wrath being done away with when Jesus came.

I'm sorry but I'm getting the impression that you dont read the word of God and this thread is justifying it to you. Probably because your conscience tells you to read it sometimes.

Uh, yeah Jesus ushered in the age of grace. He sure did. But the age of grace is almost over! You'll be seeing God's wrath in the world soon.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good. I’m glad I believe wrong.

Oh I dont believe that. No one is glad when they are wrong. You are simply comfortable in your beliefs and dont want to have to rearrange everything again. We call that being lazy lol. No offense, but...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I dont believe that. No one is glad when they are wrong. You are simply comfortable in your beliefs and dont want to have to rearrange everything again. We call that being lazy lol. No offense, but...
If you say so. I’ve changed my beliefs overtime already.

I use to think Jesus was talking to me a whole lot when he was not. Now, one can take what Jesus says and apply it to oneself however: Jesus is almost never talking to you. He is talking to the people around him at the time. He talks about his return and the coming judgment on Israel.

Etc… Etc…

The topic is not about me. It’s about if the Bible is written to you specifically or not. The answer is no.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother,as you well know the Bible imo is of a spiritual matter and cannot be understood without the Spirit.

Also remember the carnal mind could never imo understand God’s word...The Holy Spirit is our witness and he leads us through scripture to understand God’s word in the Spirit, hence we need to be Born Of The Spirit to understand the word of God...my opinion and belief.
And YES Gods children understand his word, we are under the New Covenant....we have a Living relationship with God all according to his purpose and plan...we were taken out of the world, we’re in Gods Kingdom...were in the world, we’re not of the world...we belong to God and the Bible is Gods word to us.

Word of God: Top 10 Bible Verses​

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Matthew 4:4 - But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

Colossians 3:16 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Luke 11:28 - But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

Romans 8:7 Context​

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
It’s a wonderful thing to have a relationship with Yahavah, indeed. Access to all through the blood of Christ. Peace with God, and a new spiritual appetite. Some of the promises Jesus talks about aren’t talking to you, but the apostles or people standing around at the time.

It’s great we get to learn from the Bible but nothing has been written to us.

It has been written for us… it’s a great gift.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is almost never talking to you.

That's patently false. The truth is, Jesus is almost always talking to you.

The topic is not about me. It’s about if the Bible is written to you specifically or not. The answer is no.

Maybe that's why you're drawing attention? Because no is not the answer.
Maybe you think, oh well it is talking to someone else so why do I even have to read it at all? You come across like you are seeking validation for not reading it (like it tells you too!)

If you say so. I’ve changed my beliefs overtime already.

We have to remain teachable. Otherwise we will not grow.
So you got one thing wrong. So what? I've been wrong before too!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s a wonderful thing to have a relationship with Yahavah, indeed. Access to all through the blood of Christ. Peace with God, and a new spiritual appetite. Some of the promises Jesus talks about aren’t talking to you, but the apostles or people standing around at the time.
That’s of your own opinion ,which I disagree with, a child of God is led by the Spirit, and the word of God speaks to all of his “ Born Again “ children.....which are in and of the Spirit.
It’s great we get to learn from the Bible but nothing has been written to us.
The word of God has been written for his children as it’s spiritually discerned, without the Spirit you wouldn’t understand that....the carnal mind thinks Gods word is foolishness.
It has been written for us… it’s a great gift.
It’s been written for his Born Again children....of course anyone can read Gods word, they wouldn’t understand it though without God’s Spirit leading them through his word.

Reactions: MA2444

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people just cry and moan, as they think the world is just bad and it needs to be done away with.. while God has already reconciled the world to himself and is no longer wrathful towards anyone anymore due to the wrath being done away with when Jesus came.
I don't think you have a clue about this world. You live in your own little made up world. This world is FILLED with EVIL! MILLIONS of babies have been murdered, legally. Millions of Dems insist it's their right to slaughter helpless babies. Islam would chop off our heads if they could. Come out from your hiding place Matt. It won't save you when evil comes for you.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone is entitled to their opinion...not everyone will agree with that opinion....

Deal with it...I had to learn that one...Praise God I did.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!....remember those without the Spirit wouldn’t understand this would they?

No they wouldnt. I see that most people's problem is reading God's word from the carnal mind and not from the spirit.

God is not a respecter of persons, so how could He have been talking to those around Him and not to us? He's clearly talking To everyone!
Or so my spirit says!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No they wouldnt. I see that most people's problem is reading God's word from the carnal mind and not from the spirit.

Amen!!
God is not a respecter of persons, so how could He have been talking to those around Him and not to us? He's clearly talking To everyone!
Or so my spirit says!
Amen!!..my spirit is in agreement with yours...Praise God!

Sis, the enemy loves to stir the pot as we well know..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well since we disagree.

What now?

Do we continue forward to live in harmony with one another despite the difference?

Who is anyone to correct me but God himself when one thinks about it?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's exactly right.

I think he dropped out of this thread?! I guess he don't want to discuss, but only to say No!
I have much to learn from the Spirit.

My question to Mathew would be, as we are Born Of The Spirit Mathew and no longer belong to this world, we belong to God, so, how would we build our relationship or even understand our relationship with God, without his word/ The Holy Bible.?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People may choose and act freely as they desire,

I’m not saying to follow me, or to believe only what I say, or suggesting others are wrong other than.

The Bible was never written directly to you. Unless you can bring up a scripture otherwise. Because all the letters are addressed to believers mainly Jewish converted at the time and Paul and some mention of the Gentiles. It was written specifically to them…

Matthew Mark John and Luke, I believe were also given accounts in the time before the end of the age. We are very blessed to have these messages but they were not written to me, in Alabama.

They were written to specific groups of believers in the time when the apostles were governing over the bride. To we become part of the bride, or part of Gods faith in and through faith.

I have yet to say the Bible is meaningless.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well since we disagree.

What now?

Do we continue forward to live in harmony with one another despite the difference?

Who is anyone to correct me but God himself when one thinks about it?
Mathew, I won’t take this any further with you....God doesn’t force his understanding onto anyone.

You believe what you believe....I believe what I believe.

God has taught me to voice a few times, but, not to force it down people’s throats...I’m to either walk away or put the member on ignore if I don’t have the patience with them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have much to learn from the Spirit.

My question to Mathew would be, as we are Born Of The Spirit Mathew and no longer belong to this world, we belong to God, so, how would we build our relationship or even understand our relationship with God, without his word/ The Holy Bible.?
There are some things mentioned in the Bible pertaining to Israel materially such as their destruction, and that the bride would be gotten.

I believe people who look faithfully to God and seek him don’t need a Bible.

Have i called the Bible useless?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mathew, I won’t take this any further with you....God doesn’t force his understanding onto anyone.

You believe what you believe....I believe what I believe.

God has taught me to voice a few times, but, not to force it down people’s throats...I’m to either walk away or put the member on ignore if I don’t have the patience with them.
It’s Just the internet. People will get mad over the tiniest thing that doesn’t line up with them,