Blood washed question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first time I read that scripture in Ex ,as the angel of death was passing over the first born in Egypt...."When I see the blood I will pass over you.." I saw the power of the blood for protection.
I am not trying to convince anyone else... :) ( Ha ha! Your loss )

There is no universal salvation, there is being justified by faith first, then blood. If one doesn't believe He shed His blood for us and the why for it, then what is it that one is believing in, or what or why?

Why is this question in 'Christian newbies' section. It should be in 'Non-Christian Help Forum'.

Agreed.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
@Miss Hepburn. the best way to explain this is to take it one step at a time.
Step I, starting at the beginning. Adam and Eve sinned against God, disobeyed. and as a result of their sinning, a separation from God and his benefits. but understand this, there are two types of separation from God in sin, called "DEATHS". see, God is LIFE, and once we separate from God, not him from us, but us from him, we began to DIE, and DEATH is progressive. here are the stages of death. the first separation, or death is physical, or natural death, the progression of the Body, of Flesh and bones, back to dust. from the day we're born we're headed to the graveyard, and it don't take long. this separation results in what we call NATURAL DEATH. Understand, separation, or natural death is immediate, and eventually if not corrected, eternally. which is the second death. yes, there are two deaths. Natural/Physical, and Spiritual/Eternally. as said, natural separation is progressive. in it's progression, one’s time or lengths in that progression is determine by one's change of mind and heart. What I’m saying, one's natural life can be shorten, or extended, (but it have a limit), based on one's actions here on earth. and those actions can be social, or spiritual.

Knowing that, what is the remedy to this first death, and how to avoided the second one?. answer, another death. Just like we’re born again, or born twice. we also die again, twice, (But without the shedding of blood), and or if the Lord Jesus returns before we die naturally. this is why baptism is important (TO THE LIVING, and not the dead), which is a witness.

Now what do this “death” do?, scripture, Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned”. now, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come”. OK, HIM to come. What did he, the Lord Jesus do concerning this thing call death by sin? Answer, Romans 5:15-19 "But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous”.

Lets sum this up. The one man Jesus die so that we might live. And in his death, out came blood & water. The blood is for a NEW COVENANT, but did I not say it was for the remission of sins that are past, yes, and gave scripture for it? Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God”. so how are you saying it’s for the NEW COVENANT. Listen and understand. Matthew 26:28 "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins”. the remission of sins? Which ones? The one’s that are are past,or that was under the old covenant. Scripture, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah……… now to verse 34b “ for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more”. this is very important. Forgiveness, and not remembering sin. His death, his blood is the remission, or the forgetting of sin. And his water is for the washing or the forgiveness of the ACTS of the sin. I worded that way for a reason. Understand, sin is a spiritual act, iniquity is a physical act. That’s why the scriptures states, 1 John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God”. hence the reason that sin was condemned in the the flesh. This condemnation of sin in the flesh is our struggle, not with God, but with ourselves. For sin is finish between God and man, now, the fight or the struggle is on with ourselves. understand, God don't put NEW WINE into OLD BOTTLES, that's why we're sealed with the Holy Spirit of the renewing of one's mind, not one's body, hence the struggle. mind/soul and body. if one live after the flesh, metaphorically speaking your bottle will burst, or one will be LOST/CONDEMNED. scripture, Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Which leads us to step II, our struggle with ourselves.

since you asked about the blood, it was give once, but now we're under a NEW COVENANT, which is Spiritual.

You might want to re-read this post for clarity, if any question just ask.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I read again an atheist call Christians cannibals...so I got a glimpse of how others saw Christianity from the outside looking in.
goes to the def of witness, obviously these people are stating something as truth that they cannot witness, right
But, I was never one to 'say' anything with blood in a sentence.
no Son of Man may die for the sins of another; the soul that sins will die

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are justified by His blood, Romans 5:9.
We are justified by faith, Romans 5:1.
Jesus' blood marks the door to a believer's heart ..(*snips all over)
The above is why I pepper my words with "in the blood".
My Jewish friends all have that
metal box holding a symbolic Torah inside at the front door jam.

Ok, to all who say 'in the blood' in a sentence ...do you imagine actual blood
on you or your heart? Or is it symbolic?

What are we 'justified in'...could you explain that?
A sentence I understand, "I am justified to make you go to your room for an hour, son."
Can you give an example what you may be referring to? Justified in what , in doing what,
for example.
And thanks in advance to anyone...

I still picture ByGrace saying, "The blood of Jesus!", with her hubby's hand on the hood...
I probably would have blurted out, ''God... help!!!"
'Blood' is just not part of my lingo...never was raised with that word, nor heard it in any Church...
Catholic or Charismatic or general Protestant ones I attended. No Sunday School as a child.

What churches talk about ''being washed in the blood"...Baptists? I dunno.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no universal salvation, there is being justified by faith first, then blood.
If one doesn't believe He shed His blood for us and the why for it,
then what is it that one is believing in, or what or why?
The Eternal Infinite Love of our Father God, Creator of the visible and
invisible everywhere, within all? Gee, I dunno...:D....
That never had any need of sacrificing anything...I know, sounds pagan or heretical.
My neighbor's a pagan....take out 'Father' and that's her.

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our friend @amadeus would give you an amen there....he and I have talked this over before....where I say blood, he says spirit...or even Spirit...as you say..
Again, for me, no beach to die on....
Yes, that is where I am on it. The Spirit is the Blood of Jesus. In the OT especially in the Book of Leviticus it is made clear that life is in the blood, but that is speaking of carnal animals [and people] having physical life. It was a type or shadow the real Life which was given up in Eden, but brought back Jesus. Jesus came as a physical man with physical blood and he shed that blood, but he also shed something that no physical man had, the Spirit. Men had spirit, but it was corrupted with no real Life in it. Men with only the red blood of the body were effectively dead. Jesus came to change that. He did not do it with by sharing with us the red blood of his also corruptible [corruptible, but NOT corrupted] body of flesh. The real Life lost in the Garden was and is the Spirit.

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Revelation 7:14,

So the Blood of the Lamb makes no one red, but rather White.
Consider Esau [rough] who was called Edom [red] because he ate of the red pottage made by Jacob in exchange for his birthright.
Did not Jesus bring us something better than red pottage? How about robes made white by his Blood? How does this relate to this verse [sorry for the quotations @Miss Hepburn ]

"But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion." Joel 3:20-21

In the natural we might believe that this was a sorting out of the mixed bloodlines of the natural Israelites [see Ezra 9:2-3 where Ezra was so upset he pulled out his own beard.] This may be right, but could this not also be simply a type of shadow of the double mindedness of Christian believers? What is Zion? One Hebrew derivation of the word means "dry or barren land". That is what every one of us were before we received Life from Jesus. Spiritually, we effectively had no Blood [Spirit] in us. We were dead. Jesus said, "Let the dead bury their dead" [Matt 8:22]. Apostle Paul writes

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Just think of all the wonderful old hymns that would then be obsolete... :D

If the "blood of Jesus " makes demons tremble I will stick with the old AKJV.
It has served me well and lasted me 50+ years...

@Miss Hepburn
Miss Hepburn said: What churches talk about ''being washed in the blood"...Baptists? I dunno.

This one is a very old song, which I learned in the assembly [UPC] where I received the gift of the Holy Ghost in 1976. It was written much earlier than that long before there was a UPC, Elisha A. Hoffman, pub.1878

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the Blood of the Lamb makes no one red, but rather White.
Consider Esau [rough] who was called Edom [red] because he ate of the red pottage made by Jacob in exchange for his birthright.
Did not Jesus bring us something better than red pottage? How about robes made white by his Blood?

Very well said!! Good and clear points.

@Miss Hepburn ...when I declare "the Blood of Jesus" ...re hood of the car that almost hit Dave. Or when in a battle with the Enemy...it is a cry of protection...as in remembering the covering of the blood on the door posts and lintel's to save the first born being slain while in Egypt.

I guess it is a recognizing of power and victory for me...just as we recognize that The Holy Spirit is the power of victory for us, through Jesus Christ.
I'm always on guard when people speak of a bloodless ( cross-less) gospel. ( denying the power thereof..)

my half a cent... :)

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if you do not pick up your cross and follow, the blood of Jesus is not going to help you at all

Did the Israelites who hid under a table not really believing the blood on the doorpost did anything, die? No.

Are those justified by faith and justified by His blood need to worry about picking up the cross or not? No.

If I got a dollar for everytime you post about picking up the cross, I'd take a much-needed vacation to the seaside.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Miss Hepburn ...when I declare "the Blood of Jesus" ...re hood of the car that almost hit Dave. Or when in a battle with the Enemy...it is a cry of protection...as in remembering the covering of the blood on the door posts and lintel's to save the first born being slain while in Egypt.

I guess it is a recognizing of power and victory for me...just as we recognize that The Holy Spirit is the power of victory for us, through Jesus Christ.
I'm always on guard when people speak of a bloodless ( cross-less) gospel. ( denying the power thereof..)

my half a cent... :)
Yes, you were very clear regarding Dave's protection,
And how you used the blood prayer or phrase.
Thank you. :)
So you would be on guard with my pagan neighbor lady, a landscaper, because she is into (I think) Nature spirits, little fairies in the garden, doing Moon -Goddess earth ceremonies with flowers in her hair, with others, those feminine ceremonies around a fire, praising Mother Nature or Gaia? Sp? :D
Sorry, I just made all that stuff up..lol...I just am coming from my imagination on what they do.
But, I didn't understand the 'on guard'...like there was something to be afraid of...I think it's ..well, a bit comical...like little girls dancing in the woods under a full moon ...thanking the Goddess...who ever that is.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Better to run a mile and not look back or spend the countless hours, perhaps years, conversing with those who deny Jesus Christ. Only the Holy Spirit can give revelation, I'll leave it to Him.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the Israelites who hid under a table not really believing the blood on the doorpost did anything, die? No.

Are those justified by faith and justified by His blood need to worry about picking up the cross or not? No.

If I got a dollar for everytime you post about picking up the cross, I'd take a much-needed vacation to the seaside.
"picking up the cross"...what does that mean exactly...can u use it in a sentence?
(Also not a term I use or have heard around me.)
I picture picking up a weapon? A tool?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to run a mile and not look back or spend the countless hours, perhaps years, conversing with those who deny Jesus Christ. Only the Holy Spirit can give revelation, I'll leave it to Him.
Run from my neighbor? Naw, not gonna happen...she's great...very interesting and very funny gal. She sure got exposed to a bunch of Christian stuff around my house pet sitting many times....Holy Smokes...

Reactions: bbyrd009

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Run from my neighbor? Naw, not gonna happen...she's great...very interesting and very funny gal. She sure got exposed to a bunch of Christian stuff around my house pet sitting many times....Holy Smokes...

What I posted was not for you, but at you.