Blood washed question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Quick, google, find your rebuke and/or give me the plenty of "out of context" scripture you have tucked under your wing.
ha, look, i was not there either, and i cannot say you are wrong, right, but what i can say is that you refute a trusted witness with hearsay. See, this is how all Muslims get condemned, also, imo
You, bbyrd, are a chameleon, there are some brilliant, humorous postings by you and I like them very much and that's the one side of you, the flip side is just like MH, antichrist. You do a fine job of fitting into your surroundings, sadly, I don't know you and what or who you truly believe.
i believe i will trust the witness who has tasted the fruit, wadr, and if the shoes were reversed i hope i would testify the same. i dunno if i am reflecting Paul's "all things to all ppl" deal, and i appreciate your parsing this to find out, ok, as i said i cannot demonstrate that you are even technically wrong in this case, at least until you began judging it by way of opining on it, and now i am confident that i can

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why? If you believe I'm not Christian, share it.
ah, i do not have the same concept of "Christian" as you do, though see, i might even call someone a Christian as an insult, ok.
we differ at least @ "pick up your cross," but then we could just be mincing words, who knows

but of course you do not sacrifice your time here bc you hate God, but bc you seek God, i hope, just like me, and i already know that i am a hypocrite, for sure. HNY to you btw

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A story: Do you know when I first bought and opened a Bible in 2006, an RSV ,
Now all marked up by me and a bit worn...I was dumbfounded at what I was learning...rather ...what I never knew!!!!

So I asked 10 people i knew, "Do you consider your self to be a Christian?"
Yes.
"So, if I said Corinthians, Colossians and Ephesians...where would u say they are from,
the Old T or the New T...?"
9 had NO idea and all 9 guessed Old Testament...the only one that knew was an
atheist friend, 65, that had gone to a Catholic private prep school at an Abbey as a boy.
(One's wife said, "Oh my husband will know his brother is a minister."
He did not have a clue!)

Just as I thought...I was NOT the only one that had no idea about the actual Bible...I only knew hearsay, bits here and there.
I asked further for fun now..."Do you by any chance know who Martha and Mary were and anything significant with Jesus and them?"
No clue.
I told a friend and he did know...Italian Cath that said he actually listened in school.

I've come a long way.

You are not the only one, but I started a bit earlier than you. The only things I knew at age 32 were the few things the nuns had showed us in catechism or the priest mentioned at mass. The nuns never mentioned which book or chapter things came from or even if they came from the Bible. That was all pre-Vatican II so it was not much. Much of the mass itself was in Latin and while as an altar boy I memorized the responses, I did not know what they meant. They gave us a short lesson in what it meant in English but it was gone soon after the lesson was finished. I had never read the Bible and could not even one of your questions correctly.

But a bit over 40 years ago I began doing what you are doing now... catching up.

Reactions: pia and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it should not, and does not, until you understand why that is in There.
and the story given by the church is not it, not even close
Of course you are speaking of the official view of most churches. There are exceptions, at least in part.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, i do not have the same concept of "Christian" as you do, though see, i might even call someone a Christian as an insult, ok.
we differ at least @ "pick up your cross," but then we could just be mincing words, who knows

but of course you do not sacrifice your time here bc you hate God, but bc you seek God, i hope, just like me, and i already know that i am a hypocrite, for sure. HNY to you btw
Hi...There is the seeking part which hopefully follows with finding Him :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi...There is the seeking part which hopefully follows with finding Him :)
Those who seek me find me.
Before they call I will answer...Isaiah 65:24
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things
you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

Yoda: Try not. Do...there is no try...☺ :D

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...decades ago I knew how I and others saw Christians..one thing was they
used the word "blood" so much and it creeped us out.
I mean covered in the blood, washed in the blood , saved by the blood...so much blood talk...

So, here on this forum it is used ....what personally do you feeeeeel and mean when you use it?
Have you had some vision of being covered in blood?
Do you see drops on you? I mean, why is it part of your vernacular, language, lingo..whatever the word is.

There is nothing wrong with it so don't go into attack mode on me...I want to know why you all
say it.
I don't want or need a Bib
le verses...just what do you feeeeeeel when you say it.
Maybe there is a purpose? I dunno.

A question not really even worth replying to.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question not really even worth replying to.
Except to help a person understand better.
It is this very clinquish or cult-like talk that alienates those not Christian, trying
to "get it".
Fellowship, Altar call, were once foreign to me...it is 'group talk' not known by others.
They are words for those within a group...very exclusive to outsiders that do not invite them in.
I never knew what Eucharist meant or a sacrament ... luckily no one said..."Well, if you don't know, wow!'

This is the newbie section, btw.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except to help a person understand better.
It is this very clinquish or cult-like talk that alienates those not Christian, trying
to "get it".
Fellowship, Altar call, were once foreign to me...it is 'group talk' not known by others.
They are words for those within a group...very exclusive to outsiders that do not invite them in.
I never knew what Eucharist meant or a sacrament ... luckily no one said..."Well, if you don't know, wow!'

This is the newbie section, btw.

Well, what you heard about 'blood' was probably in your own mind, because I don't go around hearing brethren in Christ talking about blood all the time.

Now if you have a valid question like why was blood required by God in Jesus' sacrifice upon the cross, that's a different kind of question. But just saying things like you did, that's not worth an answer.

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not worth an answer? Wow...and you liked this said By Grace?
I will not let it hurt my feelings, but it sure could have.
I'll see ya around .
Bye bye.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not worth an answer? Wow...and you liked this said By Grace?
I will not let it hurt my feelings, but it sure could have.
I'll see ya around .
Bye bye.
can't mix wine and oil, i guess :)

imo ppl invoke "the blood" because that is easier than changing their minds, and fwiw i heard it all the time myself.
"the blood" is repeated by "the death cult" imo, which we can see operating right here i guess huh

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Life is IN the blood....This we know from every living being here on earth....He gave up His Life and spilled His blood, His PURE blood, so that we , who have death in our blood ( all flesh dies), can partake of His, thus giving us the Life, which is in Him...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the death cult" imo, which we can see operating right here i guess
Are you saying that believing in the pure spilled blood of Christ saving us, makes us a death cult ? jeez 'bbyrd' thought you were somewhat closer than that ???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Are you saying that believing in the pure spilled blood of Christ saving us, makes us a death cult ?
if you believe that life more abundantly only begins after you die in some separate "place" called heaven,
and you cannot wait to be absent from the body, then yes.
that is what "Nehushtan worship" means, to me anyway.
santa claus worship, essentially.

"count the cost" is made irrelevant, "pick up your cross" is negated, and "no Son of Man may die for another's sins" is ignored.
all these are a part of Scripture too right

don't get me wrong ok, fear of God is a great beginning, and Nehushtan worship is a normal, even practical step on the path.
"Looking" to Jesus is surely better than worshipping any fallen gods.

but even the remedy for sin model is spit on with this; there is no place that can be Quoted saying "when you sin, thank Jesus for saving you," see, even though we can read this perspective being witnessed all over the site. "i no longer have to apologize bc i no longer sin, and it is you sinning by not listening to me" type yack

Or maybe i'm wrong, bam Quote "when you sin, thank Jesus for saving you," or "when you sin, plead the blood of Jesus" and let's see. Fwiw "confess your sins to God" usually follows this heresy, and that can't be quoted either. "Fight the devil" is almost always--or prolly always--in company there too.

another clue might surely be if a lot of other people agree with your perspective, if you are believing in or with a herd iow, which seems counterintuitive i guess, and even runs counter to the concept of witnesses. (I'm not sure how one might best work this out, "seek your own salvation" after all, but i can say that i have noticed that stated truth won't elicit objections from anyone, even contenders; or the objections will be nonsense anyway; the person will ignore references to vv they do not wish to confront, ignore posts that present valid arguments, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
stated truth won't elicit objections from anyone, even contenders
"God is good, all the time"
"pick up your cross and follow Christ, or you will be doomed."
"when i sin, all i have to do is plead the blood of Jesus."

see, only one of these cannot be Supported, except possibly by Kenneth Copeland

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you believe that life more abundantly only begins after you die in some separate
I do not...It begins once we have come to Christ and then received His Holy Spirit, if we care to take the time to discover that 'abundant life', so that no matter what the world, the flesh or the enemy throws at us, we can still endure and even prosper...We may have times when we are in plenty and times when we are not, also ok, because our true provision is in Him....I have a good friend, who for many years kept reminding me " Just trust Him" and rightly so :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianese...Christian-speak...Not a fan of the way it is used in speech.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...decades ago I knew how I and others saw Christians..one thing was they
used the word "blood" so much and it creeped us out.
I mean covered in the blood, washed in the blood , saved by the blood...so much blood talk...

So, here on this forum it is used ....what personally do you feeeeeel and mean when you use it?
Have you had some vision of being covered in blood?
Do you see drops on you? I mean, why is it part of your vernacular, language, lingo..whatever the word is.

There is nothing wrong with it so don't go into attack mode on me...I want to know why you all
say it.
I don't want or need a Bib
le verses...just what do you feeeeeeel when you say it.
Maybe there is a purpose? I dunno.

Personally...I used to not think about it much until I self injured in my teen years. I used to not even be able to watch "The Passion of the Christ," because I would be triggered to self injure. I would feel so ashamed, because I knew what Christ did for me. I haven't self injured in quite a few years now. I watch the movie every Easter to remind me of the sacrifice that Christ did for me. It never gets any easier to watch. I take the bread and juice at Communion also to remind me of what Christ did for me, and this is why I talk about the Blood of Jesus now. It is a reminder of my Father's sacrifice of His only Son for my sins. He took the stripes for us, so we wouldn't have too. The deeper I have realized this profound love and act of mercy, the more I realize how I can never pick up a razor again. When we went to church growing up, I don't think I understood it all that well. I was raised in a Baptist church too, so I imagined when they said invite Jesus into your heart, like we had a little door on our heart. :D

But now I also think about the Israelites putting the lamb's blood on the top and sides of their door posts. They were protected and their firstborn were not taken unlike the Egyptians. Jesus blood covers us. We want to plead the blood of Jesus to protect our minds, souls, and bodies.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And by the way, I LOVE "The Blood." I need to make a new video singing it sometime. :) Praise God!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I mean, why is it part of your vernacular, language, lingo..whatever the word is.
If you are a Christian, then the blood of Christ should also be a part of your lingo. And if it is not, you should be asking yourself why?

Better yet, you should get hold of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance (KJV) in print and go through every reference to "blood". That is the only way for your to grasp its importance.

The Bible makes it crystal clear that only those who have been washed in the blood of the Lamb are fit for Heaven.