Body of Christ never mentioned in Revelation, but The Bride is.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So you don't joyfully sing in the mornings -

"This world is not my home,
I'm just a passing through,
If heaven not my home,
Then Lord what do I do,
The angels beckon me, from heavens open door,
And I don't feel at home in this world anymore!" :)
ha no, used to tho
switched to
"World without end, amen" :D
ephesians 3:21 i think it is

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A quick summary...

1) Mystery Babylon is Earthly Jerusalem
2) Mystery Babylon plays the Harlot
3) Mystery Babylon is killed
4) Mystery Babylon is Resurrected
5) Mystery Babylon is Judged worthy to be Saved via GRACE
6) Mystery Babylon is clothed with Righteousness
7) Mystery Babylon is now New Jerusalem, the Bride made ready

Thus Mystery Babylon serves as an example of all who have sinned and are saved by the Grace of God.

Those that understand this have passed the ultimate Love I.Q. Test.

That's what Love is for.
what a shamozel!

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
. But at this time on earth there are only 144,000 servants of God, and they are all Jews
not all who are born Israel are of Israel tho, right, and dont you feel just a little funny expecting exactly 12000 x 12? You dont think any other interp is possible there?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not all who are born Israel are of Israel tho, right, and dont you feel just a little funny expecting exactly 12000 x 12? You dont think any other interp is possible there?
Well, I'm not sure I feel funny about anything, or, actually I feel funny about a lot of things! It doesn't mean a lot to me, I feel all sorts of ways!

Other interpretations are certainly possible, just wait til we get there on the Revelation thread!

:)

But I'm fairly simple about things I hope, so I ask myself, what would God be trying to say, I figure it's what I read. I have no problem with even numbers, if fact, I like them.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, I'm not sure I feel funny about anything, or, actually I feel funny about a lot of things! It doesn't mean a lot to me, I feel all sorts of ways!

Other interpretations are certainly possible, just wait til we get there on the Revelation thread!

:)

But I'm fairly simple about things I hope, so I ask myself, what would God be trying to say, I figure it's what I read. I have no problem with even numbers, if fact, I like them.

Much love!
well i dunno, but i gotta believe that "12" has a spiritual significance, and that that is not meant to be taken so literally

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
♥︎ ♥︎ And I am one who does not agree that it is Israel ( alone) ...for reasons I have expressed earlier in this thread :D

Rom - There is now no division, Jew or Gentile , male or female, bond or free.

Hugs... :)
That's fine @Helen,
We could be just as wrong as you just might be right. My understanding of all things God has been wrong, many times and it could be wrong in this too. Either way, it's not 'bad' news :D
xo

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Nancy,

Who is the bride?

Hosea 2:18-22

I will espouse you to me forever: I will espouse you in right and in justice, in love and in mercy;

I will espouse you in fidelity, and you shall know the LORD.

On that day I will respond, says the LORD; I will respond to the heavens, and they shall respond to the earth;

The earth shall respond to the grain, and wine, and oil, and these shall respond to Jezreel.

I will sow him for myself in the land, and I will have pity on Lo-ruhama. I will say to Lo-ammi, "You are my people," and he shall say, "My God!"

Jer 31: 31-33
The days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they broke my covenant and I had to show myself their master, says the LORD.

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

We see here that the Lord promises a new covenant to the people of Israel, that it is an everlasting marital covenant between God and His people.

It is this promised new covenant which Jesus is referencing when He says: "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you"

Who does He enter into this new covenant with? The twelve apostles who are representative of the whole house of Israel (exodus 12:6).

All who hear the call and enter into this covenant are united with Christ and with one another, and truly become 'the people of God'

1cor 10: 16-17

The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?

Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

So then, as a people, we are the bride, united with our Husband, one body...

Eph 5:29-32

For no one hates his own flesh but rather nourishes and cherishes it, even as Christ does the church,

because we are members of his body.

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.

But who are the guests?

Mark 2:18-19

The disciples of John and of the Pharisees were accustomed to fast. People came to him and objected, "Why do the disciples of John and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?"

Jesus answered them, "Can the wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them they cannot fast.

Identifies Christ's disciples as the guests... but how can we be both guests and bride?

As individuals we are guests at the feast, but as a people, united in Him and through Him we are (together) His bride..

Consider another metaphor... as individuals we are bricks (living stones) being built up as a glorious temple in which our Lord, God dwells... Together we are the temple, individually the stones... in the same way we individually are guests at the feast and corporately the Bride...

I noticed someone mentioned Eve taken from Adams side... this is a 'type' of the Church taken from Jesus' side on the cross. The water and blood that poured forth are the 2 great sacraments of the Church, Baptism and the Eucharist.

This is the one who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ, not by water alone, but by water and blood. The Spirit is the one that testifies, and the Spirit is truth.

So there are three that testify,

the Spirit, the water, and the blood, and the three are of one accord.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Thank you Phillip James,
See, now I am back to where I started :eek:
. Good post and scriptures. We will all know for sure when the time comes but, good post and ty.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God offers all of Himself in a relationship with His people.
And you know Nancy, not all the say they follow God , do so with all their hearts, souls and minds , ( as He asked us to do) Many do not wish to pay the price , they want to live with one foot in God's kingdom and the other foot in this world.

God does not designate who will be where in His Kingdom...He has left it to each of us personally to choose .

Victory mentioned " a pecking order" ...it is not God who decides that..but WE DO!!

(This is a much hated truth. )

I hear what you are saying Helen...and, there is zero room for negotiating, Amen?! God leaves much for us to decide...Him or the world...nothing in between.
xo

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
♥︎ ♥︎ And I am one who does not agree that it is Israel ( alone) ...for reasons I have expressed earlier in this thread :D

Rom - There is now no division, Jew or Gentile , male or female, bond or free.

Hugs... :)
Exactly.

Folks seem to forget to plug verses like that into their equations and charts.

Don't forget...

The Bride is revealed simply and plainly here...

Galatians 4:26
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all"

Don't let the word Jerusalem confuse you. The word Jerusalem in this context is referring to Sarah...

Galatians 4:27
"For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband"

Thus the Bride is Sarah. It is there for anyone to see.

The Saved are Sarah's Children...

Galatians 4:28
"Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise"

Again...

Galatians 4:31
"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free"

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes it helps to look at the opposite in the Bible.

Let's look at Hagar...

Galatians 4:25
"For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children"

Hagar represents Earthly Jerusalem.

Thus, Earthly Jerusalem represents OUR CURRENT MOM... not the Mother of Promise.

Who is our current Mom? Mystery Babylon. Simple.

Our physical bodies are born into bondage.

Hagar represents the Mother of our corrupt bodies.

Sarah represents the Mother of the Glorified Body.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God even goes out of its way to teach us that Sarah and Hagar are an allegory for the entire Human Race...

Galatians 4:24
"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar"

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bear in mind that there is a Trinity on the Throne in Revelation.

The Lamb is the 'Word' portion of the Trinity...

Revelation 5:6
"And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth"

The Father is there and the Holy Ghost as well.

Abraham represents the Father.

The Lamb represents the Word or the Seed of Abraham.

Thus, it is the Seed of Abraham that is getting married to Sarah the Bride.

We are the Seed...

Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i dunno, but i gotta believe that "12" has a spiritual significance, and that that is not meant to be taken so literally
So the question I always ask is, Is there something in the Bible that let's me know it's not literal, and if so, something that tells me what it means?

Otherwise, aren't we all making our best guess and nothing more?

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question I always ask is, Is there something in the Bible that let's me know it's not literal, and if so, something that tells me what it means?

Much love!
I love what @Enoch111 posted earlier, it speaks volumes

John 3:29 KJV
[29] He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I say both Johns saw the bride descending?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find there is no reference to "The Bride Of Christ" anywhere in the bible.
Fourteen times, is the word, "bride," mentioned in the New Testament, only oonce in the Gospel of John, and then 4 more times in Rev. In John, the "bridegroom" is said to be Jesus Christ.
Revelation 21: "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband." <---Is this to mean that the Jews are the "bride"? And, Christians will be the "guests" at the wedding supper of the Lamb? After all, the Jew's ARE the chosen of God...and I believe it is a Hebrew custom for the Father to choose the wife of their sons...not sure but, it's what I have heard said.
Any thoughts?
Here first is the Bride looking for the Bridegroom to be:

“By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.” Song 3:1-4

And then here is the Bridegroom describing the one who is to be his Bride:

“There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.” Song 6:8-9

Then when we read the Book of Esther, we see another shadow of the whole thing.

Different people see different types in Esther, but one set is as follows:

Ahasuerus = Jesus [Bridegroom]
Vashti = Jacob/Israel
Esther = Bride of Christ
Haman = Sin & Death
Mordecai = Holy Spirit

Read Esther carefully.

Also read the Song of Solomon carefully. In my Bible I marked in the margin each time
Jesus [Solomon?] starts to speak.

and each time the Bride [the Shulamite? Check both this and Shunnamite women in OT & Abishag the virgin given to David on his death bed] starts to speak.

and less frequently when it is a third person speaking.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott,
I was simply wondering why I could not find the "phrase" THE Bride of Christ".
And, now I wonder why would someone like myself think I could understand anything in Rev. lol. :confused:
Consider that Jesus is ONLY the Head of the Body of Christ.

"And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." Eph 1:22-23

The rest of the Body of Christ then is NOT Jesus but would be:

"Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." I Cor 12:27

We are the place he is to lay his head, that the Head of the Body of Christ when the Body is ready, but see here:

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20

His Body not ready yet... not perfected and fitted together properly, not a place for the Head... not yet.

"And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Matt 19:5

Here David speaks of seeking a place for the Lord to rest:

"I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:4-5

And he speaks the answer, a place for the Head to rest:

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:31-14

So is Zion also the Body, the place for Jesus to lay his Head still missing prior to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit?

wyc Tsiyown (tsee-yone'); Proper Name Location, Strong #: 6726
Zion = "parched place"

The "parched place" is what each of us were before we received that Living Water so we could get ready to be a fitting place for Jesus to lay His Head!

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 3:13-18 KJV
[13] Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. [14] For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. [15] She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. [16] Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. [17] Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. [18] She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

This isn’t referring to some mans human wife.

Tecarta Bible
No, the but human husband and wife are a type or shadow of Jesus and His Bride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that the eternal fruit is at different levels of honour...gold, silver and precious stones. Gold would be walking in the light as Jesus did. And precious stones are those times where we are led to do the things that were prepared in advance. (Unsure where silver fits in...but it is somewhere in between)

Likewise the works of the flesh are at different levels of futility....wood, hay and stubble.
Consider also which one would be the Bride here:

"There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." SOng of Solomon 6:8-9

Reactions: Episkopos