Born again - Before, or After, the Call?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Man chooses that which is according to his nature,
and therefore before he will ever choose or prefer that
which is divine and spiritual, a new nature must be imparted to him;
in other words, he must be born again.

Let me appeal to the actual experience of the reader of these lines.
Was there not a time when you were unwilling to come to Christ?
There was. Since then you have come to Him.

Are you now prepared to give Him all the glory for that (Ps 115:1)?
Do you not acknowledge that you came to Christ because the Holy Spirit
brought you from unwillingness to willingness?" - J. Preston Eby

Source: Man Is A Free Moral Agent: Just What Do You Mean Man is A Free Moral Agent; The Sinner Must Decide; The Shepherd Seeks The Sheep; The Will Of Man; I Will Draw All Men Unto Me; By One Man

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's will====

1 Timothy 2:4-6​

God's will===4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again is Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Becoming knowledgeable of God and His Glorious Spirit. And desiring to be immersed in the Holy Spirit.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again is Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Becoming knowledgeable of God and His Glorious Spirit. And desiring to be immersed in the Holy Spirit.
My view is that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is a subsequent event to a renewed relationship with God.
Like the outpouring in the second chapter of Acts. They already had the renewed relationship with God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view is that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is a subsequent event to a renewed relationship with God.
Like the outpouring in the second chapter of Acts. They already had the renewed relationship with God.
Maybe, don't really know, I was sort of guessing, but I have felt the spirit really strong a couple times in my life with messages from God. I think that was also a baptism because it was a pouring of the spirit with intensity. But perhaps it was just God making sure I knew it was him?

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe, don't really know, I was sort of guessing, but I have felt the spirit really strong a couple times in my life with messages from God. I think that was also a baptism because it was a pouring of the spirit with intensity. But perhaps it was just God making sure I knew it was him?
That's a good testimony, thanks.
Sorry, I was getting technical with you. I am pretty well studied in that area. Here's why...

I was raised evangelical, but always knew there was more to the Holy Spirit than what I was being taught at church.
Eventually I joined a church that knew more about the Holy Spirit. But they put me to work teaching Adult Sunday School.
They needed someone with my Bible knowledge, I guess.

So, I had to dig out the info myself, because they were really no help at all. - LOL

Reactions: dev553344