Born again Christans DO NOT SIN!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In my experience, anyone that claims to have no sin really only has a peripheral understanding of what sin is.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@CharismaticLady I do believe that there is an instant in which we are 'saved', and thus will have eventual sinlessness as one of the results.

That is what it means to be born again. You could say that there are years leading up to the moment, and years of growing into it afterwards, but that MOMENT is key.

I believe however that it is not the members of the church, but people from all areas, generally the righteous, who could be Christian, Buddhist, or atheist, who are born again.

How could they be atheist? Because a person can believe in and love God in their heart, without knowing that this is God. We all have our process of arriving at the truth, and some may feel at times that what they think God is is either unreal or some irrelevant abstraction.

They will come to the true expression of knowledge one day, but it is the inner life of a man that will be judged, moreso than the outer life.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

If you're still sinning, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again, and if you're NOT born again, THEN YOU WILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE...

BORN AGAIN Christians that WILFULLY SIN AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH WILL STILL GO TO HELL, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE THEIR DAMNATION!!

YOU ABSOLUTELY *MUST* STOP SINNING - IT'S A CORE REQUIREMENT OF THE GOSPEL...

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:18

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:6

----------

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9

----------

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:34

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

----------
Do you sin?

Mitch Etling

Apr 24, 2021
EST
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

Anyone can choose to STOP WILFULLY SINNING - if you choose to sin, you should know that you WERE CAPABLE OF NOT SINNING -- God doesn't allow you to be tempted with more than you can handle -- every wilfull sin can be avoided.

----------

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

----------

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

If you're still sinning, then it's extremely likely that you're NOT born again, and if you're NOT born again, THEN YOU WILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU DIE...

BORN AGAIN Christians that WILFULLY SIN AFTER THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH WILL STILL GO TO HELL, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE THEIR DAMNATION!!

YOU ABSOLUTELY *MUST* STOP SINNING - IT'S A CORE REQUIREMENT OF THE GOSPEL...

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:18

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:6

----------

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:9

----------

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:34

----------

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Hebrews 10:26-27

----------
In that case, I wish you the best fortune in not sinning, and don't slip up even once. I hear those that slip do so right into hell. All judgement is bypassed and saves God some time.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my experience, anyone that claims to have no sin really only has a peripheral understanding of what sin is.

Even if a person could obtain “ Sinless Perfection” in this lifetime—- and of course, they can’t—- it would be a waste of time....we need to be “ Justified” in order to be made fit for Heaven, and “ by the Works of the Law NOBODY will be Justified......

Plus....” If Righteousness came by Keeping the Law—— Christ died for Nothing” ....

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was well acquinted with sin BEFORE I was born again. The problem with the heresies resounding in the Church is the notion that Jesus lied, and did not take away our sin, that it will be in us always until after we are dead.

friend, if you believe it is natural to sin, you are right. But those who are born again changed in an instant and were recreated in Christ. There will be many like you that will cry out to Jesus in that day, and say, "Lord, Lord." But you never let the truth set you free from sin. Jesus made me free indeed. John 8:32-36; Matthew 7:21-23.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Possibly you were brainwashed to believe a lie, and now when the truth is presented to you by Jesus that he was manifest to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN, and in Him there is no sin, you just can't relate because you are not free.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was well acquinted with sin BEFORE I was born again. The problem with the heresies resounding in the Church is the notion that Jesus lied, and did not take away our sin, that it will be in us always until after we are dead.

friend, if you believe it is natural to sin, you are right. But those who are born again changed in an instant and were recreated in Christ. There will be many like you that will cry out to Jesus in that day, and say, "Lord, Lord." But you never let the truth set you free from sin. Jesus made me free indeed. John 8:32-36; Matthew 7:21-23.

Do you never have sins of omission? Is your thought-life as perfect as Christ's?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

Anyone can choose to STOP WILFULLY SINNING - if you choose to sin, you should know that you WERE CAPABLE OF NOT SINNING -- God doesn't allow you to be tempted with more than you can handle -- every wilfull sin can be avoided.

----------

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

----------

That isn't true according to Romans 7:13-24. So why haven't you answered my post #2. I was the first to respond to your OP

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...Jesus that he was manifest to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN, and in Him there is no sin, you just can't relate because you are not free.
You are misrepresenting these truths to claim that you have sinless perfection (and another poster is not free from sinning). Yes (1) Christ is the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world and (2) in Him there is no sin. But you are a sinner saved by grace, and the sin nature has not been eradicated in you (or any Christian).

At the same time all believers receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, who empowers them to walk in the Spirit, and not fulfil the lusts of the flesh. But that does not mean that you are sinless. John says that if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. And we also make God a liar. Therefore we all need to examine ourselves daily, and stop promoting the lie that we are sinlessly perfect.

Note: I am not addressing imputed righteousness in this post, which is another matter.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're not grasping what is being taught by John. One is indeed deceived who proclaims they have not sinned nor is there sin that does not need to be done away with. That is deception. Go and sin no more is Jesus' message to the human race.

John 5
[14] Afterward Jesus findeth him [a certain man who Jesus healed, and who had an infirmity 38 years] in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

What I am grasping is what the word of God teaches and there is nothing better than that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more;
.. death hath no more dominion over Him.'

.... For in that He died, He died unto sin once:
...... but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,
.. but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body,
.. that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:
but yield yourselves unto God,
.. as those that are alive from the dead,
.... and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
For sin shall not have dominion over you:
.. for ye are not under the law,
.... but under grace.'
(Rom 6:9-14)
Praise God!

Yes indeed shall it be! ~

Good post for it is all supported ;

Talking about being dead to sin / laying down the former life in the grave with the Lord Jesus Christ / being raised up with Christ Jesus in the ability walk around with newness of life by the spirit of Christ with-in.

Great things to know and understanding that comes from the wisdom found in the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ who gives the information freely from the pages of the bible.

Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of the glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the recognition of him,

Question here is :
What does being dead to sin/flesh mean?

9 Verses being dead to sin:

Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 6:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Galatians 5: 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Being buried with Christ / baptism to His death -> Romans 6: 4 we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk.

~~ One side note - We will still mess up from time to time and never will be perfect - though we can be more aware spiritually when something is going on in our lives that maybe we start giving up on God that you are able to notice and seek help to turn from whatever it is enticing you and drawing you away from God.

God bless and may God give the increase.

Thank you, Charity. Praise be unto God, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: charity

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you sound like the scribes and Pharisees. You label sin as anything that you believe to be sin. You declare the closer you are to Christ the less sin you have. They said Christ was a sinner when he heal on the sabbath or picked corn. Every generation has their own rules to what sin is. If you look back you’ll see women considered to be sinners for showing their ankles in public. Now that is no longer condemned. Every generation has their own definition of sin. It is written in John that the lord would sends his Holy Spirit into the world to teach them of the sin, meaning one, that keeps your from God’s righteousness. If we did not sin after conversation then there was no need of Paul taking about God chastising us. As he said if you are not chastised your not a child of the Father.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the biblical definition of Sin; to you Daniel?