• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Call Aunty out for being the hypocrite..

I called the truth out. Then posted her words which proved I was right.

she boasts in self. It is MY WORK, MY EFFORT.

if you can not see that it is her doing what I said. I worry..
This saddens me and I can only pray.
Don't bother responding, we are done.
A person that resist correction, stands alone, or with the association one chooses !

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not standing for any person as you yourself do.
It is standing for your witness.

Others read everything we say, our words reveal who we really are.
Do we point to him and what he does in changing ppl?

Do not be deceived EG.......
I am not decieved. I have watched a certain use attack grace believers for along time now.. And I have no problem calling her out.

I posted what she said. Can you tell me how what she said about self effort and we have to keep ourselves saved is not doing exactly what I said she was doing? Pumping her chest??

Or do you agree with her that we must do that?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This saddens me and I can only pray.
Don't bother responding, we are done.
A person that resist correction, stands alone, or with the association one chooses !
When you correct one side, but not the other.. thats on you..

Once again, Prove me wrong in what I said. Did she not boast in herself by saying we must keep ourselves saved through our own effort? Why can’t you answer that?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you correct one side, but not the other.. thats on you..

Once again, Prove me wrong in what I said. Did she not boast in herself by saying we must keep ourselves saved through our own effort? Why can’t you answer that?
I corrected the one whom I considered a brother, in love.
Bye EG.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I corrected the one whom I considered a brother, in love.
Bye EG.
Forgive me but I am sick of that person day after day attacking me and those like me,

There comes a time when we have to stand up

John the baptist called the pharisees a brood of vipers. Jesus called them blind Guides, Hypocrites, and a Child of hell

I called her a modern day pharisee.. which in my view she is, because she teaches the same self righteous gospel, That is prety light in my view.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are showing yourself deluded into thinking that NO effort is required to keep yourself from committing sin. Do you understand that there are two kinds of “sin”……this word in Greek is used in archery and literally means “to miss the mark”.

We were created perfect, without the defect of sin, so when Adam disobeyed his Creator and followed his wife into a course of rebellion, their perfection was lost and the defect of sin overtook them…..that is what they passed onto their offspring (Rom 5:12)…..every single one inherited that sinful trait. We have no say in that…it is part of our DNA, and we pass it on to our own children….it is the only cause of death.

Because we were born in sin with no way to liberate ourselves from its clutches, God sent his son to die for us, thus ultimately removing the cause of death. It is offered to all…on one condition…..that we do not repeat Adam’s foolish choice to act on his own self interest. The sin we inherited does not need to be acted upon….and if it is, forgiveness is only possible if we are truly repentant.

But there is another kind of sin that God will NOT forgive….and that is the one we commit in full knowledge of his righteous standards and laws. This is the willful and deliberate disobedience that drew our first father into throwing all of his children under the bus…..what was the cause of this perfect man‘s deliberate choice to join his wife in disobedience, knowing full well that the penalty was death?….self interest. It’s one of the devil’s favorite tactics. He appealed to self interest with the woman…..”you will be like God“….IOW ‘God is keeping something from you that might be beneficial and that you have every right to know.’ That appeal led to action. Did it have to?
When she offered the fruit to her husband, he was the one with the choice that would change human history. If he had remained faithful to his God instead of his disobedient wife, the outcome for us would have been vastly different. That is what free will can do….used well it is a blessing…misused and abused, it becomes a curse.

The only one who can keep us “saved” is ourselves….by our own conduct in harmony with Christ’s teachings.
Phil 2:12-15…Paul wrote….
”Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act. 14 Keep doing all things free from murmuring and arguments, 15 so that you may come to be blameless and innocent, children of God without a blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you are shining as illuminators in the world”.

Effort is required to stay “blameless and innocent”. We can ask God to help us to fight the sinful inclinations in us……but there is no sanction or excuse for sin…ever. There are no “loopholes” in God’s laws.

The self-righteous cannot be told anything. Like the Pharisees, they twist scripture to placate themselves, fooled into thinking that this self righteousness is actual righteousness…..

You can ignore the many scriptures that fail to support your view, but in the end, it will be a futile exercise.

A broken faith is one that teaches the opposite to what God’s word says. Salvation is being “saved” from what? We are saved from God’s anger which will be expressed on the counterfeit “Christians” first.

1 Peter 4:17-19….
“For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the outcome be for those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous man is being saved with difficulty, what will happen to the ungodly man and the sinner?” 19 So, then, let those who are suffering in harmony with the will of God keep on entrusting themselves to a faithful Creator while they are doing good.”

Why were the Pharisees castigated by Jesus? For obeying God’s law…..or for fudging the scriptures to support their distorted teachings?….using the Law to their own advantage by misapplying it. That is legalism.

Matt 23:23-24….
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

Be careful that this is not describing the stance of those OSAS believers. If you are a teacher, then you know that they are doubly accountable to God for the lives they take down with them, if what they teach is not truth.
If being obedient and doing as God says to stand firm, resist sin & the accuser is called a works salvationists, then count me in!
These that spit out that's ___, this is _____, sitting on their supposed laurels doing nothing to further the kingdom are impotent, flaccid believers.

*****I agree with this statement....*******
"The only one who can keep us “saved” is ourselves….by our own conduct in harmony with Christ's teachings.
”Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For God is the one who for the sake of his good pleasure energizes you, giving you both the desire and the power to act. 14 Keep doing all things free from murmuring and arguments, 15 so that you may come to be blameless and innocent, children of God without a blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you are shining as illuminators in the world”.

Effort is required to stay “blameless and innocent”. We can ask God to help us to fight the sinful inclinations in us……but there is no sanction or excuse for sin…ever. There are no “loopholes” in God’s laws."

Yeah, fearing many will hear "depart from me".......

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If being obedient and doing as God says to stand firm, resist sin & the accuser is called a works salvationists, then count me in!
These that spit out that's ___, this is _____, sitting on their supposed laurels doing nothing to further the kingdom are impotent, flaccid believers.

*****I agree with this statement....*******
"The only one who can keep us “saved” is ourselves….by our own conduct in harmony with Christ's teachings.

Effort is required to stay “blameless and innocent”. We can ask God to help us to fight the sinful inclinations in us……but there is no sanction or excuse for sin…ever. There are no “loopholes” in God’s laws."

Yeah, fearing many will hear "depart from me".......
So you believe we must earn salvation?

I guess I am learning a lot about people today.

being obedient and doing as God says is not works based salvation. it is producing fruit, because you were made a new creature

being obedient and doing as God says to earn, maintain or keep from losing salvation. That is a works based salvation. Because you’re not doing these good deeds out of being loved by God. You’re doing it to keep yourself from Going to hell. Hence they are works of the flesh, or self righteous deeds, not works of the spirit.

I pray people realise this before its to late.

You are right, Jesus will say “depart from me” but who does he say it to? The people who trust in his grace? Or the people who try to tell him all the great works they did (workers for)

please note, he said I NEVER NEW YOU who PRACTICE INRIGHTEOUSNESS.

he did say I once knew you. But you turned to sin and disobeyed me, so I stopped knowing you as my child

it was not the people saved by grace he speaks to. It is those who think they must work to earn salvation by being obedient.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So few ppl bother to read what others post before they jump in the deep end without a safety vest.
That vest is Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the word!

I could care less who likes me but I do care who hears the word of God I bring forth rightly divided.

This is NOT ABOUT US BUT ABOUT HIM!

Not knowing the scriptures is a failure to study. It is not by osmosis through the Spirit, that we know that we know, but by feasting on the bread & living water that the HS can remind us. One legged horse riding only goes in circles, never growing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So few ppl bother to read what others post before they jump in the deep end without a safety vest.
That vest is Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the word!

I could care less who likes me but I do care who hears the word of God I bring forth rightly divided.

This is NOT ABOUT US BUT ABOUT HIM!

Not knowing the scriptures is a failure to study. It is not by osmosis through the Spirit, that we know that we know, but by feasting on the bread & living water that the HS can remind us. One legged horse riding only goes in circles, never growing.
Your right, its not about us its about him

And I read your last post. If I misrepresented you. Then show me (it has happened before)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is absolutely no effort in resting in God.

When a Born Again gets to this place of understanding, that only the Holy Spirit can open our heart to receive.....when we understand obedience and walking in the will of God, there is great peace.

Why..because we know in our spirit that God is in control and we are not!!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So funny but I see ________,name addressed in this post.
Screenshot_20231031-184302~2.png

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe we must earn salvation?

I guess I am learning a lot about people today.

being obedient and doing as God says is not works based salvation. it is producing fruit, because you were made a new creature

being obedient and doing as God says to earn, maintain or keep from losing salvation. That is a works based salvation. Because you’re not doing these good deeds out of being loved by God. You’re doing it to keep yourself from Going to hell. Hence they are works of the flesh, or self righteous deeds, not works of the spirit.

I pray people realise this before its to late.

You are right, Jesus will say “depart from me” but who does he say it to? The people who trust in his grace? Or the people who try to tell him all the great works they did (workers for)

please note, he said I NEVER NEW YOU who PRACTICE INRIGHTEOUSNESS.

he did say I once knew you. But you turned to sin and disobeyed me, so I stopped knowing you as my child

it was not the people saved by grace he speaks to. It is those who think they must work to earn salvation by being obedient.
No sir, I don't believe we can earn salvation and you know this, is your brain dull !

It is by grace, a gift that God gave thru his Son to us, as many as will believe.

But yes I do believe we have to be obedient to the word not the letter of the law but the law of liberty we live by. Jesus was obedient until death !

I'm through engaging with this thread, as well as it's ppl.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, I don't believe we can earn salvation and you know this, is your brain dull !

It is by grace, a gift that God gave thru his Son to us, as many as will believe.

But yes I do believe we have to be obedient to the word not the letter of the law but the law of liberty we live by. Jesus was obedient until death !

I'm through engaging with this thread, as well as it's ppl.
Aunty Jane does.. And she calls people out who think we do not have to earn it by good works..

I believe we must be obedient, But not to keep ourselves saved..

its a slippery slope.

I understand you and Ritajanice got into it. I hope you were not mad at me because I took her side against Aunty..

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no side!
It is him or we all are NOTHING!

I'm fairly sure heaven will NOT be segregated by race, denominations, nor beliefs.

Only those who believe and live by his precepts will be received there .

Many think they are among the number of God but will sadly awakened when the "roll is called up yonder".

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only those Born Again will see the Kingdom of God.as God’s word says.

John 3:1-21

English Standard Version

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus said to him, “How can these things be?” 10 Jesus answered him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things? 11 Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you[f] do not receive our testimony. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.[g] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.[h]

For God So Loved the World​

16 “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21 But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no side!
It is him or we all are NOTHING!

I'm fairly sure heaven will NOT be segregated by race, denominations, nor beliefs.

Only those who believe and live by his precepts will be received there .

Many think they are among the number of God but will sadly awakened when the "roll is called up yonder".
We can not save ourselves by being good. Because no matter how good we are. We will never be good enough.

I am sure you do not believe we do. But please realise there are people here who do believe this, we must warn them.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You keep yourself saved?
Yes, once you enter into a relationship with God through Jesus our appointed mediator, you then have to keep on the path to life by the way you live and obey the Father, just as Jesus did…..he was the model.

We have a commission to preach and teach those who want to know God and his Christ.
Romans 10:14-15…
”However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

Jesus sent his disciples out to the people to impart his message and to teach them what they needed to know so as to put faith in him as the savior sent by his God and Father. (Matt 10:11-14; Matt 28:19-20; John 17:3)

We are taught how to be saved, and by what means, but that knowledge in itself is not going to do much if we do not have the works to back up what we say. “Faith without works is dead”.….faith alone will save no one. (James 2:18)

Not every Christian has to be “born again” because the “chosen ones“ are chosen for a specific reason that is not open to all believers. Paul addresses those with “the heavenly calling” (Hebrews 3:1; 1 Cor 1:2-3) which would be redundant if all his brothers were headed for heaven. It was never God’s intention to take any humans to heaven originally.….so when Adam threw the human race under the bus, a new government was needed that would have Jesus and 144,000 associate rulers guiding redeemed mankind back into reconciliation with God. That new government is God’s Kingdom…..the one you seem to know nothing about. (Daniel 2:44) A new “heavens” to rule over a “new earth”. (2 Peter 3:13)

God chooses those who will be “born again” in spirit form for that role in heaven….a place where humans cannot go, but that does not affect the salvation of those not called to a heavenly hope. There is an earthly hope as well.
Those who rule need subjects and the Bible tells us whey are….

Rev 21:2-4….notice who God is with…..and where they are to reside….

“I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.