Calling all Law Keepers.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, but wadr i do not believe you, as i can observe your confusion @ faith/works. (i am being evil here now for an example, but observe how that stuff comes back on you)

Or at least i believe you believe that is true, but there is another side to the story we are not hearing. Not that it is any of my business but would you be willing to present her side, etc--rhetorical question, that.
Well all I can say. is if you have not yet had to come to that point where you had to - "cont teh cost", than you should be happy. For teh day you do, you will know and understand fully what it means. If you think that going to church studying and doing all that "christian" stuff is all there is too it, well you dont know teh half of it,
there is a reason why Jesus said,

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I am sure you know teh story about Job, it seems to be a common occurrence amongst Gods children.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
<hearty chuckle> You are to be a fisher of men. Not a caster of bait. When attempting to "cast" aspersion, try using better "bait."

No sir, I am not SDA nor have I ever been.
Cool, glad to know... And that was no bait.. some people you can figure ot where the ycome from others just keep you guessing, but it seemed much of what you say seemed to come from that diretcion. Legalism., its a hard Idol to argue with.

Reactions: Helen

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Cool, glad to know... And that was no bait.. some people you can figure ot where the ycome from others just keep you guessing, but it seemed much of what you say seemed to come from that diretcion. Legalism., its a hard Idol to argue with.
Yeah, but I fell short trying to come up with some fisher of men / casting remark. It was the best I could come up with. No offense intended.

Oy vey!!! You confused me for SDA? I must be really slacking. I have nothing against a person that is SDA. And while I do not seem to hold the same view of them as some seem to do, I am not one myself, nor shall I ever be.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, but I fell short trying to come up with some fisher of men / casting remark
No offense taken never even thought on it, actually stood on a beach many years ago, fishing rod in hand, waiting for a bite, when I had that exact thought, what would it be like to be a fisher of men. well i guess God needs a really big net because they keep slipping through.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
No offense taken never even thought on it, actually stood on a beach many years ago, fishing rod in hand, waiting for a bite, when I had that exact thought, what would it be like to be a fisher of men. well i guess God needs a really big net because they keep slipping through.
I have thought about that. I kind of like the way Supertramp worded it in "Goodbye Stranger":

Now some they do and some they don't,
And some you just can't tell,
And some they will and some they won't,
And some it's just as well.

Here's to a good day to you Mjr!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Its not about ignoring the law, its all about walking in Love and letting Love take care of it. Only those not walking in love will have any care for the law, Love does not need laws to do whats right, thats why it is Love.
ok and fwiw you are doing better than me, i guess, i haven't been married yet! so don't get me wrong ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
from your perspective, in that moment, maybe. But imo you are not recognizing the profound effect you can have on people with the smallest little thing that works on them over time

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well all I can say. is if you have not yet had to come to that point where you had to - "cont teh cost", than you should be happy. For teh day you do, you will know and understand fully what it means. If you think that going to church studying and doing all that "christian" stuff is all there is too it, well you dont know teh half of it,
there is a reason why Jesus said,

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I am sure you know teh story about Job, it seems to be a common occurrence amongst Gods children.
yes, and maybe you did lose your family that way, i don't know, doesn't seem right in my eyes, Job did not lose his family to desertion, but what do i know. I mostly wanted to see how you faced the possibility that that wasn't true, and i certainly can't judge from here, except to say that now i am more inclined to believe that your assessment is correct.

As far as "If you think that going to church studying and doing all that "christian" stuff is all there is too it, well you dont know teh half of it" goes, i certainly agree, while at the same time i observe that we do not punish little kids for not getting a concept; what we do is use their lack of understanding as a guide to their maturity level, and this affects how we communicate with them, or at least should anyway. I'm just figuring this out myself btw.

So then a point is that these might be seen as being revealed to you in their choices, so that you may know how to relate with them, rather than indications of something "bad" that you need to "fix," which is going to cast you in a different role, and cause you to be perceived differently, because the same thing is simultaneously going on in you.

"Shepherd" is a different concept than "parent," although the differences are subtle.

Another pov there is that if the Church did not have Bibles, and churches for people who wanted to fit an hour or so a week of God into their lives, how would you be able to identify these people? And, if we are to love our enemies, why you would even want to identify someone is an issue, is it to judge them, or to better talk on their level iow, not even considering that God is not going to judge them the same way that you are judged, see, they might be getting a crown for finding an hour a week for God in their lives, while you might be falling short finding an hour for self in your life in God.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Remember the woman perused by the religious who wanted to kill her, by every account Jesus "by the law ", should have stoned her to death,
Indubitably. Just as you yourself have transgressed Leviticus 19:15 in your response. Thus you also are a law breaker and not keeping it.

You know the nice thing here Mjr, that the same grace which covers you, also covers me should I repent of my sins.

Reactions: GodsGrace and KBCid

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus followed and obeyed the law. Jesus is our example.
teaching others to not follow the example of Christ makes no sense to me.
Indeed, Jesus is our example and we should follow and do likewise. But, we need to be clear: it is not we who do perfect, but Christ in us.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then what is the point of telling us to go, and do, do you think?

Exactly...
What is this a chauffeur driven limo we are in?
Does Christ say "oh don't worry you can sin all you want in your own little mind as long as you sit back and let me do the driving. If God was intending to do the driving for man then why waste 6 thousand years just to put people on autopilot? lol

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the nice thing here Mjr, that the same grace which covers you, also covers me should I repent of my sins.

And what does it really mean to repent?
Is it ok to say i'm sorry for trespassing the moral laws Lord but I can't help doing it... So, will you forgive me anyway and I'll just keep on doing the same thing I know is wrong.
Yes I know you know.

Reactions: GodsGrace