Calvinism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By whose standard? Yours, a self-proclaimed overseer? I would rather trust God than men!!!

To God Be The Glory

If you want to identify as a dirty rotten sinner...whom God can't see....you can do that.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What you are speaking of is not of the Spirit, nor is it truth.
Episkopos,
You have recently come to this forum presenting yourself as an overseer and claiming that only you understand the meaning of justification, while putting down other Christians. This quote is a good example. However Jun2u has presented the truth, but you are making a false accusation against her.

Getting back to the issue of Lot. Even though Lot chose to live in Sodom, he is called *righteous* in Scripture. His choice to be in that corrupt city and have his family corrupted was unrighteous. But just like Abraham, Lot believed God and his faith WAS IMPUTED to him for righteousness. At the same time, God required 10 righteous in order to spare Sodom, and nine righteous were missing. Therefore Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed while Lot and his family were taken forcibly out of Sodom.

When it comes to believers God deems each one who repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as righteous. We are believing God and therefore we are deemed righteous. That is imputed righteousness, which means that we are perfect in God's sight because we are clothed with the perfect righteousness of Christ. But you have a problem with this because you do not understand imputed righteousness.

Reactions: Jun2u and LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Episkopos,
You have recently come to this forum presenting yourself as an overseer and claiming that only you understand the meaning of justification, while putting down other Christians. This quote is a good example. However Jun2u has presented the truth, but you are making a false accusation against her.

Getting back to the issue of Lot. Even though Lot chose to live in Sodom, he is called *righteous* in Scripture. His choice to be in that corrupt city and have his family corrupted was unrighteous. But just like Abraham, Lot believed God and his faith WAS IMPUTED to him for righteousness. At the same time, God required 10 righteous in order to spare Sodom, and nine righteous were missing. Therefore Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed while Lot and his family were taken forcibly out of Sodom.

When it comes to believers God deems each one who repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as righteous. We are believing God and therefore we are deemed righteous. That is imputed righteousness, which means that we are perfect in God's sight because we are clothed with the perfect righteousness of Christ. But you have a problem with this because you do not understand imputed righteousness.

Very well said, Enoch

Reactions: Jun2u

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to identify as a dirty rotten sinner...whom God can't see....you can do that.

1 Timothy 3:2,3 - Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

Reactions: Jun2u

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 3:2,3 - Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
You're coming across to me as mocking, disrespectful, and judgmental in this post. This thread shows all that's wrong with dividing the body of Christ. When will it end???

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Episkopos,

I agree that God imputed righteousness to Lot. But I think you are seeing it differently. To impute means to attribute something that is merited.

So then we can impute bravery to a soldier or endurance to an athlete. God is the one who judges righteousness. But you believe you understand this enough to judge...which I'm trying to show that you don't.

The mistake you are making is that you are seeing through a Christianized lens....adding words into the bible that aren't there.

By doing that you then miss when the righteousness OF Christ IS there. So by making it always the same....you in fact miss both.

It would be like saying that any car that drives on the road is a race car. So if someone (like me) says to you..."that isn't a race car...but just an ordinary car" you get indignant about it. But when a real race car drives by...you will see it as any other car....missing the distinction.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're coming across to me as mocking, disrespectful, and judgmental in this post. This thread shows all that's wrong with dividing the body of Christ. When will it end???
Only when He separates the wheat from the tares will the Church be as one...IMO.

Reactions: amadeus

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe you have the meaning reversed. God surely can “SEE” a dirty rotten sinner, but God cannot “LOOK” at sin BECAUSE HE is a HOLY GOD!

There lies the distinction!!! Why not admit you have no knowledge what the Bible contains let alone teach it.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: LC627

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is. I fretted for the first several years over which doctrine or interpretations were "correct". Since experiencing His peace, I am no longer fretting these things...at least for myself.
I've fretted about many different church doctrines over the years. Right after I became a Christian in college, a friend unleashed her diehard Church of Christ (no offense intended) roommate on me. I hadn't been baptized yet, and this girl had me believing that I was going to hell until I was baptized. She also had me worried that all Christians who didn't believe her church doctrine were going to hell.

It didn't take long before I had met diehards from various denominations (including Calvinists) and saw that each of them believed that they were absolutely right, but they couldn't all be right! This is how I came to believe as I do about denominational doctrines.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've fretted about many different church doctrines over the years. Right after I became a Christian in college, a friend unleashed her diehard Church of Christ (no offense intended) roommate on me. I hadn't been baptized yet, and this girl had me believing that I was going to hell until I was baptized. She also had me worried that all Christians who didn't believe her church doctrine were going to hell.

It didn't take long before I had met diehards from various denominations (including Calvinists) and saw that each of them believed that they were absolutely right, but they couldn't all be right! This is how I came to believe as I do about denominational doctrines.
Praise God they did not push you further away from Him ♥

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe you have the meaning reversed. God surely can “SEE” a dirty rotten sinner, but God cannot “LOOK” at sin BECAUSE HE is a HOLY GOD!

There lies the distinction!!! Why not admit you have no knowledge what the Bible contains let alone teach it.

To God Be The Glory

This is not about just a bible knowledge based on reading. As is plainly seen....the bible is used to say very contradictory things by men. People espouse private interpretations.

This is about experience before God. Unless we are fully cleansed from all sin...we cannot go before God. This is not because we are hidden in our true nature....but this is by the power of the blood of Christ. Nothing is hidden from the gaze of God. He sees through us into the depths of our souls. If there is any sin there...He will not show Himself. And you will remain as you are...in your sins.

When a person is really dead to sin...he is like an empty vessel. When the life of Christ is poured in...to overflowing...there is NO ROOM for the slightest stain of sin. The holy vessel becomes a source in this world....of light and holiness. We are to be a light...not hiding under a bushel we label as Jesus.

Now unless a person has experienced this it will be easy to disbelieve the word...and just continue to think as any man. This betrays a lack of experiencing grace...which is the power to walk as Jesus walked. Anybody can disbelieve and claim no such grace. That is the position of someone BEFORE receiving grace.(..and being obstinate about it's non-existence.)

So then the proof is in the testimony....both in the word AND experience.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God they did not push you further away from Him ♥
God used it to pull me into the word--deeper and deeper--until, like you, I had His peace. I know a lot of Bible verses thanks to the diehards and other hard circumstances, but I'm not going to engage in endless debates or beat other Christians over the head with what I know of the Bible to prove that I'm right. The fact is we all have A LOT to learn about Him.

I got on this forum for fellowship. My family has been through the ringer the last 10 years or more. I could use encouragement, not debate. I think there are a lot of Christians who are suffering and need encouragement.

Last edited:

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have not been here long enough to see some of the comments he puts for others. Wait until you disagree with him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

It's a mind field out there. I don't think I could ever be a Christian based on what I've seen of Sunday Christianity. Only when I could see through what men have done with the faith...through actual encounter with God...could I see my way through the quagmire.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God used it to pull me into the word--deeper and deeper--until, like you, I had His peace. I know a lot of Bible verses thanks to the diehards and other hard circumstances, but I'm not going to engage in endless debates or beat other Christians over the head with Bible verses to prove that I'm right. The fact is we all have A LOT to learn about Him.

I got on this forum for fellowship. My family has been through the ringer the last 10 years or more. I could use encouragement, not debate. I think there are a lot of Christians who are suffering and need encouragement.

Amen. And hopefully some people are here to encourage faith and a deeper connection to God. That's my purpose here. To sort out the half-truths and to unpackage what God has given us in the form of access to His grace.

But in lieu of a deeper connection to God...there's always petty arguments over pet doctrines... ;)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not been here long enough to see some of the comments he puts for others. Wait until you disagree with him.
Please, don't justify yourself by pointing a finger. You can still show respect for those who are older than you.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, don't justify yourself by pointing a finger. You can still show respect for those who are older than you.

No one is pointing a finger, just made a statement. If you have an issue with me feel free to PM me.