Calvinism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke of hell more than everyone.
That is not man made like your idea of freewill is.
What are you babbling about? That comment is hauled in from left field, and besides making no sense, it means nothing.
Jesus spoke about three times as much about Heaven as He did about Hell... but so what? None of that has anything to do with claiming God condemned some people to never be able to escape Hell before they were even born.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you babbling about? That comment is hauled in from left field, and besides making no sense, it means nothing.
Jesus spoke about three times as much about Heaven as He did about Hell... but so what? None of that has anything to do with claiming God condemned some people to never be able to escape Hell before they were even born.

I agree!!!! I can't say it enough!

Reactions: Willie T

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will acquiesce, rather than have you think of me as being a liar, and playing games. I do know what I'm talking about. But will you take the time to read it and believe in the power of God?

The New Covenant brought grace over law. But that doesn't mean we are lawless, and can do whatever our carnal minds dream up. That is not what God wants for us. Paul said, we don't break the law, we establish the law. He even says we are dead to sin, Romans 6:2. How can we be dead to sin if we keep sinning? How will heaven only be filled with those who are righteous and holy? Revelation 22:11. How can we return to what Adam was when he was perfect, before he sinned and his nature took on Satan's and became carnal? Will heaven be filled with those of the nature of Satan? Or God? The answer is what Jesus accomplished - true grace: THE POWER OF GOD, HIS SPIRIT.

Jesus taught we must be born again of the Spirit. But how? How can what was prophesied of Him regarding righteousness not just be imputed, but actual? It starts with the prophecy of Daniel 9:24.

To finish the transgression,
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness

When Jesus was about to return to heaven before the Day of Pentecost, He told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the POWER, the beginning of the New Covenant. I call it the reading of the will and testament, that could only happen after the death of the testator, Hebrews 9:6.

Acts 1:
4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” 6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. 8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Acts 2:38-39 To receive this power we must REPENT. Repent of what? The sins we did today, or our inability to be truly righteous? It is the latter, our carnal nature.

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

This is true repentance as David wrote in Psalms 51. As a side note of this psalm, I had gone to church for 30 years before I was actually saved and filled with His Spirit. This psalm that I had memorized as a child was part of my prayer. What a difference it made overnight as I literally experienced my nature become reborn and my desires change to that of the divine nature.

2 Peter 1:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

By the way, if you go down to verse 9, what has been taken away and cleansed are our OLD SINS, not present and future sins that we have been given POWER to not even commit.

There is so much more, like the explanation of Romans 7 and 1 John 1:8, but I'm afraid it would make this long, so I'll wait for your response.
Once again, you still didn't answer the question.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you still didn't answer the question.

I'm sorry, I thought I did. Tell me again what is the question? I though it was the meaning of grace, and I said the Power of God given to us to return to a righteous state of being.

Tell me, if it is you that is playing games. You obviously are not reading the post. Am I just wasting time with you? If so, then I guess this conversation is over and I've been conned.

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I thought I did. Tell me again what is the question? I though it was the meaning of grace, and I said the Power of God given to us.
No. You talked more about what Grace doesn't do (and you are 100% wrong) and if your answer is a vague, "it's the power of God given to us", it is also wrong.

The power of God is the Gospel. Yes, it was given to us, but it is not Grace. It tells us what Grace is. You simply seem to believe it's the ability to keep the law. That is not Grace. Grace was given because we cannot keep the law.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you if you can quote me or any Cal on this board who have posted that God reprobates anyone before the world was.
Several have answered you on this.
The teaching is called preterition.
God elects a multitude to salvation.
The others are past over.
If you do not believe that then you are wilfully ignorant having been instructed and turning from it.
My comments were biblical, so for you to say they are from left field suggests you are out to lunch on this.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You talked more about what Grace doesn't do (and you are 100% wrong) and if your answer is a vague, "it's the power of God given to us", it is also wrong.

The power of God is the Gospel. Yes, it was given to us, but it is not Grace. It tells us what Grace is. You simply seem to believe it's the ability to keep the law. That is not Grace. Grace was given because we cannot keep the law.

No, dear, the power of God given to us is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FHII

So I told you, now its your turn. Stop playing games. I'll give you time to write, and I'll be back later. Happy typing.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, dear, the power of God given to us is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
Oh, really?

Romans 1:16 KJV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Matthew 22:29 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

There are other verses which speak of the power of God, but none of them directly say it's the baptism of the holy spirit. It is, if you know what baptism is, and what the holy spirit is (and if you do, you realize it comes to the gospel).

Even your own statement doesn't define the power of God. It (your statement) says the power of God was given to us.

I didn't give my definition of the power of God;. I gave the actual Bible definition.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not giving any reason for your objection.
Quote anything he said which you feel is off.
I do not think you can do it.
I am certain it is you who will be found to be off
When compared to scripture.
To make such an accusation against this godly teacher is in fact exceedingly wicked unless you have biblical warrant
I hear the man on the radio sometimes, ranting against those he disagrees with. Can't quote him, don't care to. Not interested in that kind of rhetoric. But that doesn't mean this isn't what I heard.

What I can quote is from his book "The Love of God", now, it's been some years, so give just a little leeway . . . "God loves everyone, but He loves the elect with a better love." He went on to explain how this "better love" was a salvific love, as opposed to the other love, which was not.

This is heretical in that it makes God into less than what He is.

God is love, according to the Scriptures. God is not "loves", as if He has this love, and has that love, and doles them out according to His varied intentions for those He created, "loving" some to eternal life and glory, and "loving" the others to eternal shame and torment.

As if God is both best, and second best, and that to other's unprovoked harm. Heretical.

Let's put it to a test. We're to love others. OK. Which kind of love? A love that genuinely provides my best for you? Or a love that pretends to provide my best for you, but actually is just to make you suffer? Am I to make that same choice in my love, as John MacArthur shows God to do to with His "love"?

God is Love, but He creates beings for the express purpose to inflict upon them harm, suffering? Eternally?

I can't even call what he describes "love".

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All sin is covered in the life of the believer. Past,present,and future.
If you were in John M's church, you would have learned thus.
Exactly. People are shocked when they hear the historical Gospel vs. the Finney false gospel of free will yourself into the pearly gates, will yourself to believe. Or like he stated being saved is like choosing what career you wish to pursue. The fact he presented man's ability, like the Wesleys, and denied sound teachings such as the election of grace, predestination, Sovereign grace &c is the reason why man's false error of perfectionism has risen to the surface. Faulty gospel foundation of theirs means everything built thereupon is also an aberration.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, really?

Romans 1:16 KJV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Matthew 22:29 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

There are other verses which speak of the power of God, but none of them directly say it's the baptism of the holy spirit. It is, if you know what baptism is, and what the holy spirit is (and if you do, you realize it comes to the gospel).

Even your own statement doesn't define the power of God. It (your statement) says the power of God was given to us.

I didn't give my definition of the power of God;. I gave the actual Bible definition.

Thank you for the additional scriptures that prove my case. I appreciate it, but I had to stop somewhere or it would get too long. I am writing a book on it, so there is much more I could say.

Part of the gospel is His teaching on being born again. It is Jesus that gives us His Spirit, and if we do not repent and receive His Spirit, we do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9

You didn't give me your definition of grace, and I gave you plenty of time.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the additional scriptures that prove my case. I appreciate it, but I had to stop somewhere or it would get too long. I am writing a book on it, so there is much more I could say.

Part of the gospel is His teaching on being born again. It is Jesus that gives us His Spirit, and if we do not repent and receive His Spirit, we do not belong to Him. Romans 8:9

The word grace in scripture has many definitions.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you if you can quote me or any Cal on this board who have posted that God reprobates anyone before the world was.
Several have answered you on this.
The teaching is called preterition.
God elects a multitude to salvation.
The others are past over.
If you do not believe that then you are wilfully ignorant having been instructed and turning from it.
My comments were biblical, so for you to say they are from left field suggests you are out to lunch on this.
The ongoing issue is that those of us who believe the true Gospel are not found guilty of perpetually misrepresenting anti-Calvinist teachings or error.

On the other hand, the anti-Calvinists do this very thing over and again, really not wishing to represent us accurately and absolutely refuse to accept correction. That would be more instances of the 9th commandment being violated by their camp. It looks like believing and propagating falsehoods is their blissful ignorance and reason enough to not listen to correction.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is...

..according to to Bible...

It was a set up. See, there

Not did you give your definition. You gave a definition, but it was not Biblical nor was it descriptive. Grace=power of God by the Holy spirit. Great. But it doesn't really tell us anything, does it? And you don't have any Biblical statements to back that up.

The gospel is the power of God. I got Bible to back me up on that... And the Gospel is not Grace... The gospel brings Grace to some, but others stumble over it.

Wish you well on your book endeavour.