Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2YsdKXk

That wasn’t the point.
Try again.
Ok. Then explain what you believe the water of John 3:5 to be. Because your post seemed to imply that you think it has something to do with natural birth.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He is EXACTLY WRONG. Water is a metaphor for the Word of God, and in this case more particularly the Gospel. So to be born of water and of the Spirit is to believe the Gospel (water) under the power of the Holy Spirit and thereby receive the New Birth.

THOSE WHO BELIEVE ARE BORN AGAIN
He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:12,13)

THE GOSPEL (WATER) IS THE SEED OF THE NEW BIRTH

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the Word which by the Gospel is preached unto you. (1 Pet 1:23-25)

Since human birth through amniotic fluid is a given, Jesus was definitely not talking about the obvious.
Hi E,
You're the second person I've heard say that the water in John 3 is the word of God.

How do you get to that ?
Is there scripture or this?

I used to believe that the water WAS amniotic fluid.
First one is born NATURALLY...PHYSICALLY...
Then one is born SPIRITUALLY.
This always made a lot of sense to me.

I now know that many believe the water is baptismal water.
I understand both points of view...although the physical made more sense to me.

But the water is the word of God?
How??

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
make sure you get all the scriptures i posted ............that you ignored you been doing pretty good job back tracking
Ok. Here it goes...
You have posted 5,6 passages telling me I’m a fool, no light in me, a false teacher.
You posted prov 14:12. I dealt with that in post 261.

The following will be passages you brought up and the number post I dealt with them.
Call on the name of the lord? I sent you to my OP but you refused.
1 Jn 2:25. 125
Rom 8:8-10. 112
1 Cor 12:13. 124
Eph 1:13. 152
Without shedding of blood no remission. 154
Passages in 165. 175
Justified by the blood. 177
In 180 you said Mk 16:16 was before the cross.
Abraham. 186
Eph 5:26. 199
Acts 1:8. 226
You tried to tie promise of acts 2:39 to HS with Jn 1:12 Ro 15:8. And they aren’t even connected. The promise of Acts 2:39 is not about the Spirit.

There you go. That’s it. You or anybody else can go back and see that I did not IGNORE your scriptures. I did this just to show how misleading and dishonest you can be. That should give people a moment of pause as they deal with you in the future. They should be careful.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post no. 362.
Mine.
Let’s look at this in context for a minute...
In the first chapter of John, John the Baptist comes on the scene commanding that the Jews be baptized in water... Jn 1:25-31.
The whole region came out to be baptized Mk 1:5. Lk 3:21
The Pharisees didn’t like it. They rejected it. Lk 7:29,30
Jesus also taught baptism just like John....Jn 3:22,23. And everybody started going to Jesus 3:26
4:1-3

So, in light of the context and how much baptism was a part of Johns and Jesus ministry especially as mentioned in these early chapters and seeing how that the Pharisees rejected it.....doesn’t it seem reasonable to believe that Jesus would try and explain the importance of water to a pharisee who rejected water baptism?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But the water is the word of God? How??
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word (Eph 5:26).

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16). Thus the water is the Gospel (the Word of God), and we see this in Ezekiel as "clean water". It should be obvious that water cannot wash away sins, but the Gospel brings conviction to hearts and souls. And when sinners respond to the Gospel with repentance and faith, their sins are remitted, or washed away by the blood of Christ.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Let’s look at this in context for a minute...
In the first chapter of John, John the Baptist comes on the scene commanding that the Jews be baptized in water... Jn 1:25-31.
The whole region came out to be baptized Mk 1:5. Lk 3:21
The Pharisees didn’t like it. They rejected it. Lk 7:29,30
Jesus also taught baptism just like John....Jn 3:22,23. And everybody started going to Jesus 3:26
4:1-3

So, in light of the context and how much baptism was a part of Johns and Jesus ministry especially as mentioned in these early chapters and seeing how that the Pharisees rejected it.....doesn’t it seem reasonable to believe that Jesus would try and explain the importance of water to a pharisee who rejected water baptism?
Yes,,,I DO understand John 3 this way too.
I'm very undecided about this...
Thanks.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word (Eph 5:26).

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16). Thus the water is the Gospel (the Word of God), and we see this in Ezekiel as "clean water". It should be obvious that water cannot wash away sins, but the Gospel brings conviction to hearts and souls. And when sinners respond to the Gospel with repentance and faith, their sins are remitted, or washed away by the blood of Christ.
Do you understand water baptism to be some kind of "sign" because we are saved by knowing God and His word?

I read Eph 5:26 in a few bibles and the one in Italian seems to be the clearest,
but you won't like what it says.

It say we are purified by water TOGETHER WITH the word.
It states TWO different things that sanctify the church...
1. the washing with water
2. the Word

I'm not going to debate this.
There seems now to be 3 interpretations to John 3....
Physical birth
baptism
the word

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet for all the alleged “importance” of water, Jesus never actually baptized anyone with physical water himself ... how strange.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. Then explain what you believe the water of John 3:5 to be. Because your post seemed to imply that you think it has something to do with natural birth.
We will take it slowly.

What part did you play in your first (natural, physical, involving your mother) birth?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will take it slowly.

What part did you play in your first (natural, physical, involving your mother) birth?
Not a thing..
Now, what part does one play when a person is baptized? Not a thing. Another person does all the work lowering and raising the person out of the water. The person is completely passive just like a regular birth.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet for all the alleged “importance” of water, Jesus never actually baptized anyone with physical water himself ... how strange.
It’s not strange actually. Christ new how man would react. Just like they did in Corinth. Read 1 Cor 1:10-13. They were putting emphasis on who baptized them. Could you imagine if YOU were the one actually baptized by the son of God. Jesus new what people would do with that. (The person that baptized me can do miracles from God. Who baptized you?)
Paul even said that he wished that he had not done the baptizing in Corinth because of the way they were acting.

So, you are trying to say that baptism isn’t important because Jesus didn’t actually perform the act and that is false.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not IGNORE your scriptures. I did this just to show how misleading and dishonest you can be. That should give people a moment of pause as they deal with you in the future. They should be careful.
is that the best you can do ? i am still waiting on strong meat instead of your milk

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is that the best you can do ? i am still waiting on strong meat instead of your milk
Hahaha.
I post all the scriptures you gave and referenced exactly where I dealt with them and you respond with....”is that the best you can do”?
Hahaha. That’s good.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a thing..
Now, what part does one play when a person is baptized? Not a thing. Another person does all the work lowering and raising the person out of the water. The person is completely passive just like a regular birth.
Since you insist on driving the conversation, even when the goal is explaining what MY post really meant and I claim you misunderstood it ...

Is the mother incapable of giving birth without someone else helping?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You are correct...saved by faith is not scriptural...we are saved by Grace...His Grace towards us...our faith is what grows in us as we hear the Word taught. Scripture does teach that we are all GIVEN a measure of faith as believers...Romans 12:3....
How people come to believe in Jesus is by the preaching of the Gospel of how He loves us enough to die for us...John 6:44 says no man can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them.
Can a person be saved all alone? Nothing is impossible with God and He will find a way.
In terms of Hebrews 11, the recurring phrase is indeed 'by faith'...'by faith', that deliverance came.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you insist on driving the conversation, even when the goal is explaining what MY post really meant and I claim you misunderstood it ...

Is the mother incapable of giving birth without someone else helping?
No, but in times past a lot of babies died during the birth process. To do it right someone needs to help. I hope we are going somewhere with this. If you think that water refers to sac fluid then just go ahead and say it.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha.
I post all the scriptures you gave and referenced exactly where I dealt with them and you respond with....”is that the best you can do”?
Hahaha. That’s good.
all you did was show scriptures then your commentary
book of jude dealing with false teachers
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

1 Timothy 4
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

once again your theory of being saved by water IS FALSE DOCTRINE do you understand this
Ephesians 5:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

you are sitting behind a computer trying to deceive there is no scripture that says baptized saved
Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection.
the word is the washing that takes place the word is quick powerful sharper than a 2 edged sword.. the word convicts Jesus saves not water baptism.

i dont know where you get your theology..but i suggest you reconsider your ways . I nor any oneelse buys this junk your trying to peddle .

so you have shown nothing but this
Seducing spirits and doctrines of devils

Last edited: