Can one be saved while they are all alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
………... after he had been 'saved', and began writing 3/4 of the NT.
How does Paul conclude???.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
When did Paul cone out of condemnation? When he was “in Christ”? And when did Paul get “into Christ”? If you will read two chapters earlier he tells us when we enter “into Christ”.
Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Now it’s your turn to show me the connection that is made to being alone and entering “into Christ”.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, so this is a thread on "baptismal regeneration" deceptively packaged as "Can you be saved while alone?"

OK, now we can be clear.

Much love!

THANK YOU MARK... @CNKW3 He just didn't have the honestly or guts to say so openly ...but tried to 'come in through the window' and not the door.

I was slow on the uptake. Glad you are here. :)

So, people who are not baptised are not saved.. Got it! :D

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are sounding really stupid.

You are changing the rules yet AGAIN!! ( of Your Thread)

Who said someone had to be there????????

Again...I was saved ALONE with GOD.

I then went to the kitchen and told my husband ...who laughed and said .."Hope it makes you happy."
h
On the following Sunday I went with my brother to a little Mission Hall..told an old lady and she asked the Pastor if I could share with the little church before he preached.

You asked CAN WE BE SAVERD ALONE...the answer is YES.

How many times do you need it said???
I didn’t ask whether you believe it or not, because clearly you do. I asked, as stupid as I am, for you to show me where the Bible ever gave an example of someone doing what you did. If you can’t, I want to know why you think that doesn’t matter. Do biblical examples have any authority in Christianity?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A precedent is an example.
That would be one definition, but not the meaning that I presented. The prophets of old were a precedence, in that they came before by the same Spirit. In which they did, not at the hand of another, but by the spirit of God only.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So..after all that and 43 posts later...Folks ..if you didn't know it..

This is just ANOTHER ( yawn) thread about Salvation via water baptism.

Even though we already have lots of old threads which could have been BUMPED up and re started ....rather than another new thread...started kinda in 'sheep's clothing' ...but just being a wolf in disguise . :D

Reactions: Enoch111

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have that backwards... It was the lack of the Holy Spirit in Samaria, and the preaching and baptism that was ineffective. It was not the apostolic presents either, because Phillip had gone first then Peter and John who went and prayed for them to receive the Holy Spirit.
No where does it say or even imply that the teaching of Philip was ineffective. You made that up! To the contrary, the HS later in the chapter sends this “ineffective” preacher to someone else to preach the same thing.

Thus, it is the Holy Spirit (being born again of the spirit of God) that saves.

But why do you require proof? I myself was saved and changed in every way without anyone else but God. If you knew be before and after you would see it in me. But you would also have to be honest, because who can see the heart but God?
Does being a good person mean you are “saved”? Is that all it takes to be a Christian? Just live a good life? I know a lot of those people and they don’t even much care for the Bible? People change their lives everyday without the help of “Christ”. Does this mean they are saved?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If this is the case, and we can be saved in this fashion, then why didn’t the HS see fit to give us just ONE example of a person, who was all by themselves, had some experience, prayed to God, asked for forgiveness, and then the Bible pronounced them saved.
This is one of the most bizarre threads started by anyone.

But there is at least one example of one person in the New Testament, and many examples in the Old Testament, of people being saved by themselves with only God being present.

LUKE 18
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The publican (tax collector) was all by himself -- "standing afar off". Jesus said that he went home "justified". To be justified means to be declared righteous by God. And to be justified means to be saved by grace through faith.

Abraham was all alone when he too was justified by grace through faith. So the answer to the title of your thread is "ABSOLUTELY".

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So..after all that and 43 posts later...Folks ..if you didn't know it..

This is just ANOTHER ( yawn) thread about Salvation via water baptism.

Even though we already have lots of old threads which could have been BUMPED up and re started ....rather than another new thread...started kinda in 'sheep's clothing' by just being a wolf in disguise . :D
No, this is about you and the others that claim what yo do. You still won’t answer my questions?
Do you think Bible examples matter.?
Do they carry any authority when it comes to Christianity?
Is it necessary for us today to follow in the footsteps of the first people who were called “Christian”?
Can we do things differently and be assured God will be pleased?
I’m pretty sure you don’t really care. Like you said you are confident and nobody can change that..
You know who else was confident that he was doing God’s work? Saul of Tarsus while he persecuted Christians.
Acts 23:1, 26:9
But was he right?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the most bizarre threads started by anyone.

But there is at least one example of one person in the New Testament, and many examples in the Old Testament, of people being saved by themselves with only God being present.

LUKE 18
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The publican (tax collector) was all by himself -- "standing afar off". Jesus said that he went home "justified". To be justified means to be declared righteous by God. And to be justified means to be saved by grace through faith.

Abraham was all alone when he too was justified by grace through faith. So the answer to the title of your thread is "ABSOLUTELY".
do Bible examples matter?
the publican was a Jew who was praying in the temple. He was already a child of God. You know that not just anybody could go into the temple to pray. You need to try again.
Are you saying Abraham was not a faithful man when God told him to leave UR? That’s false.
Abraham was a man who called on the name of the lord. Gen 12,13.
Was Abraham accountable to the gospel of Jesus Christ? Was he told to believe and be baptized for salvation? No. Then why do you bring up Abraham.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the moment baptism is even alluded to, people run the other way. I bet I can count on two hands how many times I have read the word baptism bed the last two months. None of you ever even mention it when talking about Christianity. It is like a four letter word that cannot be brought up..
That is why I laugh. You were exhibiting this exact attitude.

Really?

Because I was responding to the post you made, with the question you asked.

I notice that you did not respond to my answers.

A four letter word??? Come on. You think that's what I think? Seriously?

I could be wrong . . . I think you laugh because you feel superior, for cleverly springing your trap. Personally I find if rather disengenuous. But that's just me!

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m still waiting for all the examples but so far people just want to argue with no scriptural support. I just gave you a page of examples of people being “saved” and NONE of them were alone. But you do t seem to care which is pretty typical of the “Christian” world these days. The attitude today...
Just leave me alone!
You've defined the only "proof" you will accept. And you apparently do not with to engage with my refutation.

I will do as you request.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where does it say or even imply that the teaching of Philip was ineffective. You made that up! To the contrary, the HS later in the chapter sends this “ineffective” preacher to someone else to preach the same thing.
The scriptures do indeed show Phillip's preaching as being ineffective in bringing the Holy Spirit, in contrast to that of Peter and John. I did not make it up. That is what is written.

So, at best, you have simply presented the need for a two-phase teaching and preaching process. But that was not your question. Your question was about salvation...not just about acquiring the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Does being a good person mean you are “saved”? Is that all it takes to be a Christian? Just live a good life? I know a lot of those people and they don’t even much care for the Bible? People change their lives everyday without the help of “Christ”. Does this mean they are saved?
No, that is not what is required to be saved. One must be born again of the spirit of God.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THANK YOU MARK... @CNKW3 He just didn't have the honestly or guts to say so openly ...but tried to 'come in through the window' and not the door.

I was slow on the uptake. Glad you are here. :)

So, people who are not baptised are not saved.. Got it! :D
I didn’t know that the definition of “honesty” was that I had to ask questions in the exact form and fashion you think is appropriate? So, according to you I’m gutless, dishonest, and want you burned at the stake. Don’t ever talk to anyone again about attitude.
MY topic is NOT ABOUT water baptism. It is about the false claim that you can be saved, you can obey the gospel ALL BY YOURSELF. I have yet to hear any evidence that supports your claim. It’s always....”I think it so and so it is, and how dare you say otherwise”.
That is all I ever get

A secondary part of this OP is about authority. Are Bible examples authoritative? Maybe you would like to tackle that very important question that is buried within the theme of this OP.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Because I was responding to the post you made, with the question you asked.

I notice that you did not respond to my answers.

A four letter word??? Come on. You think that's what I think? Seriously?

I could be wrong . . . I think you laugh because you feel superior, for cleverly springing your trap. Personally I find if rather disengenuous. But that's just me!

Much love!
Mark
Marks
I just went back through and cannot find what you mean by...
“I notice that you did not respond to my answers.”
I guess you’ll have to refresh my memory..

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've defined the only "proof" you will accept. And you apparently do not with to engage with my refutation.

I will do as you request.

Much love!
I have not seen a refutation but your welcome to post one again.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Think again...if you really believe that I will continue talking to someone who is repeatedly saying that it is impossible for me to be a child of God because I had my experience alone with GOD.

Then think again. I am done here.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures do indeed show Phillip's preaching as being ineffective in bringing the Holy Spirit, in contrast to that of Peter and John. I did not make it up. That is what is written.
It had nothing to do with his preaching. This Philip was not an apostle. Only apostles could impart the HS. If you read the text it does not say Peter and John came down and preached. They came down and prayed and laid hands on these converts so that they would receive the gift of the HG. It is not preaching that brought the HS. The preaching came from the HS.
That is what is written.

So, at best, you have simply presented the need for a two-phase teaching and preaching process. But that was not your question. Your question was about salvation...not just about acquiring the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
No, that is not what is required to be saved. One must be born again of the spirit of God.
In the first century there was a two-phased process. There was baptism into Christ and then there was laying on of hands to receive the HG. The perfect example is acts 19.
Acts 19:5-6 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Phase one)
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied
.(phase two)
We don’t have two phases today. We dont receive apostolic laying on of hands.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think again...if you really believe that I will continue talking to someone who is repeatedly saying that it is impossible for me to be a child of God because I had my experience alone with GOD.

Where did I ever say...”it is impossible for you to be a child of God”?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ma’am I truly believe you could learn so much from this thread if you would open your mind and study what is presented.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It had nothing to do with his preaching. This Philip was not an apostle. Only apostles could impart the HS. If you read the text it does not say Peter and John came down and preached. They came down and prayed and laid hands on these converts so that they would receive the gift of the HG. It is not preaching that brought the HS. The preaching came from the HS.
That is what is written.
I've read it.

But if you are denying that the Philip named in the Acts of the "Apostles" was not an apostle...well, that would be your problem.

In the first century there was a two-phased process. There was baptism into Christ and then there was laying on of hands to receive the HG. The perfect example is acts 19.
Acts 19:5-6 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Phase one)
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied
.(phase two)
We don’t have two phases today. We dont receive apostolic laying on of hands.
No...you have made a religion out of the acts without understanding. The acts accomplish nothing. We are saved by hearing and believing, which is by faith.

As for the Holy Spirit coming upon those who remain in the world, it is unto all truth, that those of whom the Lord God did not at first choose to be His own people, them being last, should be first to know Him is spirit.