Can we sin through dreams?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can we sin through dreams?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I recently dreamt that I was an actor in a movie, and some teenager came and disrupted every shot just for the sake of being annoying, so I lost my temper and brutally assaulted him for the rest of the dream. I felt appalled when I woke up, having no idea why I acted with such intense hatred.

When we are non-lucid (don't realize we are dreaming) - can we commit sins in our dreams? Is God testing us? Warning us?

Reactions: -Phil

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
what if I ask you a different the same question
you dream of something weird an angel came to you
you just knew it was an angel even tho it was a man with no wings nor a tail
and you kneel in front of him he did not tell you that you two were both just servants and worship him
do you think you have not sin?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what if I ask you a different the same question
you dream of something weird an angel came to you
you just knew it was an angel even tho it was a man with no wings nor a tail
and you kneel in front of him he did not tell you that you two were both just servants and worship him
do you think you have not sin?
I wouldn't feel very bad about that, kneeling is in itself just a sign of respect and not necessarily the same as worship. If I were to see an angel myself, I would certainly kneel unless specifically told not to.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I wouldn't feel very bad about that, kneeling is in itself just a sign of respect and not necessarily the same as worship. If I were to see an angel myself, I would certainly kneel unless specifically told not to.
I'm sure the experts in here will enlighten you that you shouldn't they will also explain why
I know why but they can explain it better than me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Things that happen in our dreams is not sin, but the things we dwell on or read or look at in our waking hours which then come out unconsciously in our dreams may well be sinful.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently dreamt that I was an actor in a movie, and some teenager came and disrupted every shot just for the sake of being annoying, so I lost my temper and brutally assaulted him for the rest of the dream. I felt appalled when I woke up, having no idea why I acted with such intense hatred.

When we are non-lucid (don't realize we are dreaming) - can we commit sins in our dreams? Is God testing us? Warning us?
Adam,
Sometimes God Uses dreams to show us which demonic spirits have control over us. Incubus and succubus come to mind on the sexual end here. Sounds like a spirit of anger and pride has a hold on you, or you are allowing that spirit a foothold in your life.
That foothold could be as small as a watching youtubes of a person that has this spirit, to Having a real hatred for someone who has hurt you in the past.

Don't know your particular situation, but i suggest you explore what it is that is allowing this foothold.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the so called sin not be dreamt as well?
What it would be; to dream within a dream.

Reactions: Adam

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the so called sin not be dreamt as well?
What it would be; to dream within a dream.
Dreams show what we have allowed into our subconscious. At least that is my experience. So for example alcohol opens the door to the spirit of drunkenness which suppresses our inhibitions which in turn opens the door to other spirits to enter.

Reactions: Adam

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dreams show what we have allowed into our subconscious. At least that is my experience. So for example alcohol opens the door to the spirit of drunkenness which suppresses our inhibitions which in turn opens the door to other spirits to enter.
For sure. I once even dreamt I was conscious of a subconscious. Dreams can get so wild.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh…! That’s an odd take on this type of dream! It’s usually dreamed as being in a classroom or being at a lecture of some sort. I’ve heard so many variations of it that I’m surprised yours surprised me. The funniest one I ever heard was a guy who dreamed he was sitting on a park bench reading a newspaper and this little guy kept sneaking up and erasing sections of the ink. In another, the guy was in a classroom trying to listen to the teacher and some guy in the row behind kept rudely kicking his chair and loudly crinkling a potato chip bag.

So its like this - even in our sleep God instructs us. In fact, when the part of us that would argue and fuss with Him is asleep, I think it’s why this happens in the beginning. Later, it’s doubtful you will have, or remember, this type of dream any more. In fact, given what you dreamed, it’s pretty close to over I think.

So God instructs us in sleep. Satan somehow knows something is going on and he tries to interfere. In both the dreams above, the men beat satan up. They didn’t know it was satan at the time though. The one beat him and took his eraser away and I don’t remember exactly in the second one but it was some sort of brutal smack down (the guy , in real life, was a former marine, lol.)He was named…slug1 in a Bible forum. I think.

When men have this type of dream, which I call Jacobs Ladder Dreams, they get mad. When women have them, they more often get terrified. With me, I would run away and wake up almost having a heart attack, but one night I stopped running, turned around and said, wait a minute…you aren’t allowed to hurt me, are you…??!
His face turned redder and redder, he began shaking and let out a bloodcurdling scream, then pop! he disappeared. I never had that type of dream again. And it’s not necessary to stress over figuring that type of dream out either. Just let God work what He’s working and be at peace.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For sure. I once even dreamt I was conscious of a subconscious. Dreams can get so wild.
It's turtles all the way down

Don't know your particular situation, but i suggest you explore what it is that is allowing this foothold.
If I had the answer to this, I wouldn't be so concerned. In my normal life I would consider myself to be a peaceful person with no enemies.

At best I can think, it may be a certain family member of mine who is troubled.

Just let God work what He’s working and be at peace.
This message has been popping up a lot for me lately every time I prayed.