Can you be pro-choice and still be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Translated that means you simply created your own "personal" jesus ( a False Jesus)

As do we all.

using bits and pieces of what he said to wrap up as it supports your own personal "philosophy" while diminishing/disregarding the rest? That hardly meets the legitimate Scriptural requirements of submitting to Jesus as he requires yet you "claim" the title. That begs the question...

Do you believe and accept Jesus as the final and only authority and His will and requirements reign supreme and that you abide in His word?

No. We each have our subjective conceptions of Jesus' character, and while I am informed by some of these, I retain the right to discriminate among them.

(If you love me you will keep my commandments- Jesus didn't allow for cherry picking).

My commandments: Jesus only gave us two; to love God and love each other. (On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets*)

Are you a Christian by the scriptural requirements and yield yourself to that authority?

No. Humanity has made theological, philosophical and social progress since the scriptures were written and compiled. Perhaps even because they were written and compiled. I 'cherry pick' the best of scripture and the best of the world.

What profits a man to save the flesh but lose the soul? That answered everything right there.

I am not seeking profit, in this world or the next.

Best wishes, 2RM.

*Matthew 22:40 KJV

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As do we all.

Actually, no we all don't

No. We each have our subjective conceptions of Jesus' character, and while I am informed by some of these, I retain the right to discriminate among them.

That's fine. By your own words you identify as a false Christian following a false Christ that you made up while trying to imitate the real article.

its not like you don't have a lot of company.

My commandments: Jesus only gave us two; to love God and love each other. (On these two commandments hang all the law and prophets*)

That's not a correct read or interpretation and in your case most likely deliberately cherry picked. Everything Jesus gave in terms of law and instruction is a "command"- some with more emphasis or precedent than others.

Its no different with me as a Sr. NCO- when I told a soldier to do whatever- it was a 'direct and lawful order" to be obeyed with punishment if it was not whether I actually said it was an order or not by virtue of my rank and position. If I "said it" ( pointing out it was an order) it was to add emphasis. What Jesus did and said was no different.

No. Humanity has made theological, philosophical and social progress since the scriptures were written and compiled. Perhaps even because they were written and compiled. I 'cherry pick' the best of scripture and the best of the world.

The only "progress" humanity has made (or ever will make) is to increase speed in the race to hell and destruction. To mix "poison" with good food just makes a deadly meal which is all that is being accomplished by 'cherry picking". Bon Appetit- its your chosen recipe.

I am not seeking profit, in this world or the next.

Good, then you certainly wont be disappointed when you get there

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That's fine. By your own words you identify as a false Christian following a false Christ...

Are you Jesus? If not, the only disagreement we have is that I am honest enough to admit my world view is not objective reality. And you are not.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you Jesus?

No, but I have a direct line. What can I help you with?

If not, the only disagreement we have is that I am honest enough to admit my world view is not objective reality. And you are not.

Wrong again. "Objective reality" IS my 'world view" and i am quite honest about it. I don't go around hiding and camouflaging my true self.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's fine. By your own words you identify as a false Christian following a false Christ that you made up while trying to imitate the real article.

its not like you don't have a lot of company.

That's not a correct read or interpretation and in your case most likely deliberately cherry picked. Everything Jesus gave in terms of law and instruction is a "command"- some with more emphasis or precedent than others.

Its no different with me as a Sr. NCO- when I told a soldier to do whatever- it was a 'direct and lawful order" to be obeyed with punishment if it was not whether I actually said it was an order or not by virtue of my rank and position. If I "said it" ( pointing out it was an order) it was to add emphasis. What Jesus did and said was no different.

The only "progress" humanity has made (or ever will make) is to increase speed in the race to hell and destruction. To mix "poison" with good food just makes a deadly meal which is all that is being accomplished by 'cherry picking". Bon Appetit- its your chosen recipe.

Good, then you certainly wont be disappointed when you get there
It is strange to hear someone claiming to choose from the 'best' of Scripture and the 'best' of the world.

And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

That would be eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would exercise my choice in saving my wife or saving a baby, by saving my wife, if ever a terrible choice had to be made.

The baby will be in God's hands, and my wife will remain in my hands. And we can decide if we want to try another birth.

The whole question of course is framed wrong by a lying world:

The choice to to kill a baby or not.

With that honesty, we then go on to decision making about it.

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We all discriminate between good and evil. I find plenty to deplore in both scripture and the world. And plenty to celebrate. And this, I think to be the appropriate, balanced view.

Best wishes, 2RM.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all discriminate between good and evil. I find plenty to deplore in both scripture and the world. And plenty to celebrate. And this, I think to be the appropriate, balanced view.

I.e. God's Word is both good and evil. God is both good and evil.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

All Scripture is true and good, but not all Scripture is pleasant to the eyes of man.

What was pleasant about that tree to Eve? She could be as a god and decide for herself what is good and what is evil.

And if God's Word and commandment was evil to her, then she could reject it, since she would be a god unto herself.

Such believers in God as good and evil are therefore forbidden right to to eat of the tree of Life, because God is not double-minded, and we cannot serve two masters, nor can we eat as gods from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, while also taking of the fruit the tree of Life: The Scriptures.

I have no 'balanced' view of God's Word and the whole world that lies in wickedness: God's Word is good, and all the world outside His Word is evil.

Such liberal tolerance is not of the true God of heaven and earth.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it was Mario Murillo who said his mother was planning an abortion before he was born.
He has been leading many to Christ.

I heard the same about James Robinson, another evangelist.

Maybe someone aborted a baby who would in later life have found a cure for cancer. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsBeloved11

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was an actual question. You hide so much and evade direct questions then often answer with gibberish that its hard to get your true meaning

Yes, I do evade some questions. The questions I evade are barely disguised insults, loaded questions, and irrelevances. Since your world view is so objective, I would have thought you would have realised that by now.

Best wishes, 2RM.