Catholics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you Pia.

Because people think they can pick up the bible, read it, properly interpret it and live life the way THEY think scripture tells them too is the reason we have all these "various factions" that you mentioned. You are in a faction also. You are in the faction of 'I can read the bible and figure it out on my own, I don't need authority over me, I am my own authority'.

As you know through your history classes in high school the bible (books) was not available to the average person for the first 1,500 years of Christianity because the printing press hadn't been invented yet. The average person did not own a book AND the average person couldn't read. They relied on The Church for scriptural interpretation and authority on what to believe...Just like scripture says to do.

Your "faction"
has only been around for 500 years. My "faction" has been around for 2,000 years. Scripture says we are not to have factions but speak with one voice. Your faction is built on many voices and each one of them thinks they are right. My faction has one voice.

Here are the answers to both your questions in your post:

Question #1: I know where the Lord wants me. To communicate, discuss and debate with people who think they can read the bible and interpret it properly and lead them to The Truth.

Question #2: I didn't find you so I can't "find someone else". We were brought together. It wasn't our choice.

Matthew 16:18, Matthew 18:18, 1 Timothy 3:15, 1 Corinthians 1:10, 2 Peter 3:16-17, Acts 8:30-31, Acts chapter 15, Romans 15:6, Galatians 18:5-21

Respectfully, Mary
Seems you have not read a SINGLE thing I wrote prior. DON'T want to get into this with you again. I will cease to be polite if you can't just drop this....Please find someone else to give your 'EDUCATION to... Wow, you really are unbelievable !!!

Reactions: Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So BoL, you claim that I am a dissident Catholic.....where is your proof? Have I taught heresy? Am I denying core Catholic doctrine? Or you simply upset (and, yes your writing on this thread reads as upset, angry and offended, despite your denials) that I am not crusading with you?

Seems like bearing false witness territory, to me. Especially since you do not know me or my faith in practice.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Instead of coming after me for calling people out for lying about the Catholic Church - why aren't you asking yourself what is motivating these people to lie in the first place??

Guilty people tend to lash out at the person who caught them instead of looking at themselves . . .
I have a few theories.
1) We live in a culture that despises Christianity, especially Catholicism. A non-Catholic sociology professor wrote a book on this called: Anti-Catholicism, the Last Acceptable Prejudice. Reviews can be found in Amazon
2) The CC is the largest and oldest Church on the planet. Lies help justify not being in it. An inferiority complex perhaps. They lie under the delusion of gaining higher ground.
3) people are not born anti-Catholic bigots, they are socialized that way.
4) ignorance of early Church history. Cardinal Newman identified the reason why Early Church Fathers are not well received.

"And this one thing at least is certain; whatever history teaches, whatever it omits, whatever it exaggerates or extenuates, whatever it says and unsays, at least the Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If ever there were a safe truth, it is this.

And Protestantism . . . as a whole, feels it, and has felt it. This is shown in the determination . . . of dispensing with historical Christianity altogether, and of forming a Christianity from the Bible alone: men never would have put it aside, unless they had despaired of it . . .
...To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant . .
Read more at How Newman Convinced me to Become a Catholic

anticatholicism.jpg

Reactions: Marymog

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have yourself as your own authority. Are you not serving a man?
There is only one authority, His name is Jesus, who sent us a messenger the Holy Spirit who have being denied by the religious and men so they can have there religions and earn there way to heaven.

1Co 7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

You can have your religion we will hold onto Christ. Guess where your salvation is???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Instead of coming after me for calling people out for lying about the Catholic Church - why aren't you asking yourself what is motivating these people to lie in the first place??
No one has to lie about the catholic church except the catholics because its sin is written in the newspapers and History since its birth, but as i said, how can a blind man even consider the light when he knows it not.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So BoL, you claim that I am a dissident Catholic.....where is your proof? Have I taught heresy? Am I denying core Catholic doctrine? Or you simply upset (and, yes your writing on this thread reads as upset, angry and offended, despite your denials) that I am not crusading with you?

Seems like bearing false witness territory, to me. Especially since you do not know me or my faith in practice.

Has he sinned against you? How about Matthew 18:
" “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother."

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are certain things that you HAVE to believe to be a Catholic which is Dogma. The Churches Dogma are Truths that are revealed in Scripture.
Dogma is something that is infallibly taught by the Church as something that has been divinely revealed. I accept those teachings of The Church
And ive seeing pigs fly... REallly.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
la·bel
ˈlābəl/
noun: label; plural noun: labels
  1. 1.
    a small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it.
    synonyms: tag, ticket, sticker, marker, tab
    "the price is clearly stated on the label"
    • a piece of fabric sewn inside a garment and bearing the brand name, size, or instructions for care.
    • the piece of paper in the center of a phonograph record giving the artist and title.
    • a company that produces recorded music.
      "independent labels"
    • the name or trademark of a fashion company.
      "she plans to launch her own designer clothes label"
      synonyms: brand, brand name, trade name, trademark, make, logo
      "a designer label"
    • a classifying phrase or name applied to a person or thing, especially one that is inaccurate or restrictive.
      "my reluctance to stick a label on myself politically"
      synonyms: designation, description, tag; More
      name, epithet, nickname, title, sobriquet, pet name, cognomen;
      formaldenomination, appellation
      "the label the media came up with for me"
    • (in a dictionary entry) a word or words used to specify the subject area, register, or geographical origin of the word being defined.
    • Computing
      a string of characters used to refer to a particular instruction in a program.
    • BiologyChemistry
      a radioactive isotope, fluorescent dye, or enzyme used to make something identifiable for study.
  2. 2.
    Heraldry
    a narrow horizontal strip, typically with three downward projections, that is superimposed on a coat of arms by an eldest son during the life of his father.
  3. 3.
    Architecture
    another term for dripstone.
verb
verb: label; 3rd person present: labels; past tense: labelled; past participle: labelled; gerund or present participle: labelling; past tense: labeled; past participle: labeled; gerund or present participle: labeling
  1. 1.
    attach a label to (something).
    "she labeled the parcels neatly, writing the addresses in capital letters"
    synonyms: tag, put labels on, ticket, mark
    "label each jar with the date"
My dear Pissteuo,

YOU are the one who used the word "label". I was just giving you a chance to explain what YOU meant by that word in the CONTEXT that you used it. However, it seems that you do not want to do that so I will ASSUME what you meant by it.

I am going to assume when you use the word "label" you mean Methodist, Baptist, Mormon, Catholic etc. etc.

What "label" would you put yourself under?

Curious Mary

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dear Pissteuo,

YOU are the one who used the word "label". I was just giving you a chance to explain what YOU meant by that word in the CONTEXT that you used it. However, it seems that you do not want to do that so I will ASSUME what you meant by it.

I am going to assume when you use the word "label" you mean Methodist, Baptist, Mormon, Catholic etc. etc.

What "label" would you put yourself under?

Curious Mary
I wouldn't.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I used the word label (poor choice) to mean denominations like you assumed. It's a sign of weakness to need to know what denomination someone belongs to in order to be able to judge them accordingly, IMO. I don't believe the Spirit of God belongs to any denomination. And we should know who has the Spirit by their walk, not only their talk.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems you have not read a SINGLE thing I wrote prior. DON'T want to get into this with you again. I will cease to be polite if you can't just drop this....Please find someone else to give your 'EDUCATION to... Wow, you really are unbelievable !!!
My dearest Pia,

As you may have noticed I did not put one single question in my post to you. In my post to you I just made a statement about what I believe.

You then responded to me with a 260+ word response about what you think, feel or believe. Your post has two question's in it. I answered those questions. And now you are telling me that you "will cease to be polite" if I can't just drop this? It's ok for you to respond to me but I cant respond to you after you ask me questions? Please let me know what rules you have made for the two of us so I can follow them properly.

You can be polite or impolite I will still answer any questions you have and I will still love you.

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I used the word label (poor choice) to mean denominations like you assumed. It's a sign of weakness to need to know what denomination someone belongs to in order to be able to judge them accordingly. IMO. I don't believe the Spirit of God belongs to any denomination. And we should know who has the Spirit by their walk, not only their talk.
Thank you Pisteuo.

Your original "label" comment makes sense to me now that you have explained it. You make a very good point.

May suggest a different way to look at it OR let you know how I look at it. What if they say they belong to the Baptist church that has (had) Fred Phelps as their leader and they agree with everything that Fred Phelps teaches because they believe Fred has the spirit of God and the Holy Spirit is speaking thru Fred? Would you want to know that is what they believe and practice so you can better understand where they are coming from BEFORE you continue a conversation with them? Wouldn't that information about them HELP you better understand them? Wouldn't that quickly reveal their WALK and their TALK?

Respectfully, Mary

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ma'am that would be of no importance to me. It would only serve to build a wall and cause me to judge unnecessarily. I want to identify the Spirit of God. Makes no difference what he/she claims or where he/she claims to worship. They could easily lie about any of that.

I jokingly brought up that I may be Catholic after reading some of Aspens posts. But in all seriousness, I agree with much of what he has had to say. So for me to consider that he is Catholic will only serve as a stumblingblock making it hard to find common ground and for me to grow and learn from others that call themselves Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal...ect,.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one authority, His name is Jesus, who sent us a messenger the Holy Spirit who have being denied by the religious and men so they can have there religions and earn there way to heaven.
1Co 7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.
1Co 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
You can have your religion we will hold onto Christ. Guess where your salvation is???
My salvation is in Heaven?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has he sinned against you? How about Matthew 18:
" “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother."
And I think they have a common Church to settle their difference if they still can't agree: Matthew 18:17

I wish them luck and would love to offer my opinion on their disagreement....but I don't know what the disagreement is. :(

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, BoL is an expert on why people disagree with Catholic doctrine. They are haters. PERIOD.

No room for questioning, growing, developing, challenging in order to gain knowledge in BoL's world. Understanding and discovery are anathema - you are either a mindless apologist for the Vatican or an anti-Catholic trying to tear down Christ's Church. And you must be confronted, mocked and shutdown because BoL is right and you are more than wrong, you are evil. It doesn't even matter if you understand what it means to be Catholic - as long as you defend before you consider, and justify the means with the end - like OT teaches us to do.

And don't try to point out any abhorrent behavior displayed by BoL, he has a mandate to snuff out your hate. Yeah-yeah Jesus told everyone else to go out and heal and forgive, but BoL is obviously a special case - Jesus's special ninja! who goes out and anniliates all those who are determined to be haters. Others may dust our feet off and move on....not the ninja...he does not tolerant a dissenter to live. It is always personal, with the ninja.

Nevermind that Jesus died without changing the minds of Herod or the Pharisee elite or even annihilating them btw.

Nevermind that God tolerates people with every variety of opinion possible

Nevermind that we are called to love people in spite of their opinions

Nevermind that we live in a dialectic culture that teaches people to discover truth by challenging ideas that might seem heretical, untrue or just different, before incorporating the true within the ideas/teachings

........BoL has a mandate

And ALL of this is false.
You would have known this, had to bothered to R*E*A*D the posts.

I have stated - ad nauseam - that I don't care if somebody simply "disagrees" with or "questions" Catholic teaching. That is an opportunity for dialogue. However - that's NOT what goes on here.

What goes on here is a non-stop anti-Catholic falsehood machine that doesn't seek to have a discussion. The anti-Catholics and ignorant dissidents like yourself simply attack and falsely accuse based on the lies they have been spoonfed all of their lives - WITHOUT having done ANY research on their own.

This has absolutely nothing to do with me - and everything to do with YOU and you're lying cronies.
I understand it makes you feel better to go after me for simply pointing out your falsehoods - but you need to get over it and just tell the truth . . .