Character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That question is against God who raises up leaders. Against God. Nonetheless, I have answered you already.

I was not telling you what to do.

Yes, Scott, you did. When you say "and stop badmouthing His choice.", that is a directive, otherwise known as "telling you what to do".

You call yourself a Christian. It was a warning.

Ah, so are you now saying I'm not a Christian? That I only call myself that?

And you warn me, when you are here Scott questioning my faith in Jesus Christ when I state that Jesus is my savior and forgives my sins?

Not so. If you dug up dirt on King David (not hard to do), it would be badmouthing one whom God raised up to be king. That is very much what you are doing.

As I said, there is an alternative that you could do instead...but that is not what you have done.

Badmouthing is not just being critical, it's being critical unfairly. I'm not being unfairly critical of a person (Trump) when I'm going off their own words. Another false accusation by you. Yet again.

First of all, you are equating a King with Trump. That's funny. Trump is not a king. Secondly, King David asked God for forgiveness, something that differentiates the two people. Do you disagree?

So God also raised up Hitler and Stalin. Would you support/follow/defend them also Scott, or would you view that as God showing you who not to follow and to follow Him only?

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should have started here. But then you did not, and revealed what is really in your heart. What came out was hatred, and now to come around to the fact that good or evil leaders are all raised up by God, is obviously you just back peddling.

I've been saying that is my argument this whole time Scott - that Trump is not a Christian (he's an antichrist at best).

This is not back peddling, that is a false accusation, yet again! Please apologize for another yet false accusation.

I've stated over and over and over, that all politicians are not to be followed/supported/defended. Prayed for, sure, but not what Christians are doing. And again, only my opinion, doesn't mean they should listen to me.

But it's not too late to change. Did you want to retract your part in this hateful conspiracy campaign, and praise God for His sovereignty in spite of your feelings for the man, and discuss or speculate on why He has raised up such leaders?

I haven't changed this whole time Scott. How about you apologize for all your false accusations for once?

How do you know what I pray for or praise God for?

They are not my feelings for the man, and that is yet another false accusation by you. They are my thoughts.

And I've already stated many times already, God raises leaders to prove that man cannot rule man, and that only He can and should. Over and over and over.

You are unbelievable.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it speaks a lot of the dubious "character" of a man who swore never to reveal some kind of things the organization he joined held to be intimately private, that he decides to not only tell outsiders those things, but he also profits from writing a book about it. Is this the idea of "character?" I'm not too sure I could trust things he might say.

Reactions: ScottA

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it speaks a lot of the dubious "character" of a man who swore never to reveal some kind of things the organization he joined held to be intimately private, that he decides to not only tell outsiders those things, but he also profits from writing a book about it. Is this the idea of "character?" I'm not too sure I could trust things he might say.

I have no doubt that you would think that way - a person cannot change, is that right? Does that also apply to unbelievers too, or just Freemasons? If so, you're saying you are not open to non-Christians changing hearts and ways to become converted and saved in Christ?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure there was.
And against Clinton, both Bush's, Reagan, Nixon (which was for once accurate), Carter, JFK, and actually every single president. Only difference today is how it gets spread world wide through media.
JFK was having an affair with Marilyn Monroe during his political career.
The political partys spend more time trying to gain political power through character assassination of the opponent than they do working together to govern this nation.
Neither party can claim innocence of being bought out by lobbyists and big business.
Just how deep the corruption goes we may never know.
Satan has utilized party affiliation as a means to create intolerance and hatred towards each others stance towards how our government should be run.
I have never in my life witnessed such public display of hate and violence towards those who support Trump or vice versa.
If our leaders continue to incite hatred and bias towards the opposition we will end up in a civil war.
A nation divided will not stand. And if a Civil war breaks out it leaves us vulnerable to foreign attacks.
Having this knowledge yet we still continue to participate in striving against one another's beliefs and as the intolerance rises and turns into hate it destroys any hope of a peaceful future for our children.
In the meantime, Satan and his demons celebrate their victory in destroying God's people.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no doubt that you would think that way - a person cannot change, is that right? Does that also apply to unbelievers too, or just Freemasons? If so, you're saying you are not open to non-Christians changing hearts and ways to become converted and saved in Christ?
Trying to downplay the backstabbing deceit of doing something like that is a little weak. A MAN would have simply walked away from it, not tried to profit by turning on the organization with his inside information.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Scott, you did. When you say "and stop badmouthing His choice.", that is a directive, otherwise known as "telling you what to do".

Ah, so are you now saying I'm not a Christian? That I only call myself that?

And you warn me, when you are here Scott questioning my faith in Jesus Christ when I state that Jesus is my savior and forgives my sins?
Oh, I'm sorry. No, I said what I said because of your obvious hypocrisy: claiming Christ, but spewing hate.
Badmouthing is not just being critical, it's being critical unfairly. I'm not being unfairly critical of a person (Trump) when I'm going off their own words. Another false accusation by you. Yet again.

First of all, you are equating a King with Trump. That's funny. Trump is not a king. Secondly, King David asked God for forgiveness, something that differentiates the two people. Do you disagree?

So God also raised up Hitler and Stalin. Would you support/follow/defend them also Scott, or would you view that as God showing you who not to follow and to follow Him only?
It is indeed "being unfairly critical" by making your fight against flesh and blood, against one whom God has raised up. You have given no credit to God, but only discredited the man.

How is it that God sees this man to be perfect for these times, and you do not?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been saying that is my argument this whole time Scott - that Trump is not a Christian (he's an antichrist at best).

This is not back peddling, that is a false accusation, yet again! Please apologize for another yet false accusation.

I've stated over and over and over, that all politicians are not to be followed/supported/defended. Prayed for, sure, but not what Christians are doing. And again, only my opinion, doesn't mean they should listen to me.
I will not apologize for noting your non-biblical and hateful schemes. Your line from the start has been hatred, not prayer.

It would have been better if you said you hated him. Instead, it was what was in your heart that has revealed you.
I haven't changed this whole time Scott. How about you apologize for all your false accusations for once?

How do you know what I pray for or praise God for?

They are not my feelings for the man, and that is yet another false accusation by you. They are my thoughts.

And I've already stated many times already, God raises leaders to prove that man cannot rule man, and that only He can and should. Over and over and over.

You are unbelievable.
I have made no false accusations, I have only called you on the hatred that you have spewed from the heart. Otherwise, I would not know you or what you pray or praise God for...just what comes out from you.

As for feelings, thoughts, or accusations, you're being to kind to yourself: yours are obviously accusations based on your feelings.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, I do not mean the way that Trump has opened relations with other world leaders and stood up to them, I mean how Obama bowed at the waist before those of other gods.
What other gods?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I'm sorry. No, I said what I said because of your obvious hypocrisy: claiming Christ, but spewing hate.
It is indeed "being unfairly critical" by making your fight against flesh and blood, against one whom God has raised up. You have given no credit to God, but only discredited the man.

How is it that God sees this man to be perfect for these times, and you do not?

Calm down Scott
If you want to use this line of reasoning - that we are not allowed to pretend Trump is a great President and a good man because God raised him up than I expect you to do the same towards Obama and the democrat occupying the White House after Trumps impeachment.

Reactions: Pearl

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calm down Scott
If you want to use this line of reasoning - that we are not allowed to pretend Trump is a great President and a good man because God raised him up than I expect you to do the same towards Obama and the democrat occupying the White House after Trumps impeachment.
If you think I am applying a double standard, I am not.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think I am applying a double standard, I am not.

You’ve done it on this thread! Trump gets a universal pass with you, but you criticize Obama for bowing? Trump sends and receives love letters from Kim Jong Un and you blindly follow him

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...so this whole idea of the "character" of our leaders has resulted in the obvious disdain across party lines, and hatred has ensued.

But I would challenge all to put their personal feelings, prejudices, etc. aside and consider that there is a reason that God has raised up each leader...and comment on that. For example: If you think Trump is ________, what would you consider God's reason for raising up such a person. And no need to pick on Trump...what about Obama, Clinton, etc.

And my criticism here is that, if we call ourselves Christians...we really have no business badmouthing a leader without first considering God. Then of course, all kinds of scoundrels have been leaders. Of that there is no question. The correct question is of God, and: Why?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...so this whole idea of the "character" of our leaders has resulted in the obvious disdain across party lines, and hatred has ensued.

But I would challenge all to put their personal feelings, prejudices, etc. aside and consider that there is a reason that God has raised up each leader...and comment on that. For example: If you think Trump is ________, what would you consider God's reason for raising up such a person. And no need to pick on Trump...what about Obama, Clinton, etc.

And my criticism here is that, if we call ourselves Christians...we really have no business badmouthing a leader without first considering God. Then of course, all kinds of scoundrels have been leaders. Of that there is no question. The correct question is of God, and: Why?

I have several problems with this, Scott

1. Trump is President NOW! Obama, Clinton and the rest of the democrats that everyone likes to dig up and put on trial every time Trump commits another crime are not in power.

2. Your request reminds me of times when a shooter kills 20 people in a mass shooting and the republican leadership says things like, “this is not the time for discussing gun control - let the families mourn for God’s sake!” Or Mitch holding the vote for the Supreme Court in the last year of Obama’s term, but having not problem sitting as many federal judges he can in Trumps last year.

3. Here is the latest example:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’ve done it on this thread! Trump gets a universal pass with you, but you criticize Obama for bowing? Trump sends and receives love letters from Kim Jong Un and you blindly follow him
You may assume that is my position, but you have misstated it. I have give my reasons for approving Trumps character, and not Obama's. But the pass is from God to whom they will both answer.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may assume that is my position, but you have misstated it. I have give my reasons for approving Trumps character, and not Obama's. But the pass is from God to whom they will both answer.

Refresh my memory or give me a number to the post.