Christ and His church - a comparison of their times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be honest... I have not read the fine points of this thread... I was just commenting on the difference in opinion of what people call church.
My definition of church is simply this...As a Christian... I represent the church... I am the church... every Christian is the church.

Carry on.... I love your cat... it makes me giggle every time I gaze upon those eyes.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact: the term “new world order” has been freely used by leaders lately…Here in Australia just recently, case in point.
Fact: America IS being dismantled and is currently half the country she used to be…in influence and in moral righteous standing.
Fact: people ARE having their rights, liberties and freedoms sapped away, at an alarming speed.
Fact: The President of the US has admitted on TV that he’s a glorified sock puppet…someone else is running the show…don’t you wonder who?

Now…I don’t know that this is heading to a wholesale slaughter…and I’m not signing up for a cabal…yet. But “good judgment and sound thinking” tells me that there are enough “facts” there that I would hesitate to call a man a conspiracy nut…or lunatic…or whatever you call them wherever you live.
More false claims in accusation, nobody has called any poster a lunatic

Jesus Is The Lord

That Seen Below Is "Conspiracy", any person with good judgement and a sound mind could evaluate that for exactly what it is "Conspiracy" that's posted in the Eschatology & Prophecy fourum

New Music Quote Below, Post #1

The "new world order" has already conquered America and is continuing to dismantle it and submit it to the cabal, eliminating the people's individual freedoms and liberties, and the people will soon be slaughtered.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New World Order isnt (The Beast) as you suggest, he will be a literal individual human man,with personal pronouns used He, His, Him

This post would be better found in (Conspiracy Theories)

:D

Conspiracy Theories are simply what more than one believes and it has not yet come pass....Doesn't that sound BIBLICAL...!!

FYI....there ARE multiple Biblical things CALLED Beasts.

IF you do not believe the "BIBLES Words of things that have NOT Yet come to pass"...
So? I doubt anyone got the memo to consider what you don't believe, or to follow you or your long list of what you don't believe.
So boring and negative.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More false claims in accusation, nobody has called any poster a lunatic

Jesus Is The Lord

That Seen Below Is "Conspiracy", any person with good judgement and a sound mind could evaluate that for exactly what it is "Conspiracy" that's posted in the Eschatology & Prophecy fourum

New Music Quote Below, Post #1

The "new world order" has already conquered America and is continuing to dismantle it and submit it to the cabal, eliminating the people's individual freedoms and liberties, and the people will soon be slaughtered.
‘False claims’. ‘Accusations’.
I’ve only ever attempted to point out to you that as Christians we ought to be charitable, even if, at times, we cannot tolerate. That and asked for biblical clarification at times on your opinions.

But, you obviously see things much differently than I do…fine. You do you, it seems to be doing you wonders here.
I’ll leave you to it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“Lunatic…a person whose actions and manner are marked by extreme eccentricity…” Eccentric like…seeing conspiracy theories?

Explain to me again how my opinion of your opinion of his opinion was ‘false?’

Perhaps it was only an opinion. As is yours, after all.
Hi @Naomi25 Umm...When Webster compiled his dictionary, maybe there weren't so many conspiracy theorists around in North America at the time... :)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To be honest... I have not read the fine points of this thread... I was just commenting on the difference in opinion of what people call church.
My definition of church is simply this...As a Christian... I represent the church... I am the church... every Christian is the church.

Carry on.... I love your cat... it makes me giggle every time I gaze upon those eyes.

I don’t disagree with your opinion on the church. Just the functional rules governing over the gathering of the body, and what we’d see here, online. Although…one might think things would be a little more civil if the admins acted more like Elders. Too impractical, however, since there are so many different denominations and creeds here! Still…makes you think sometimes!

I love my cat picture too! I think the picture was taken of a cat that has a glass eye, so he always looks sort of dopey.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @Naomi25 Umm...When Webster compiled his dictionary, maybe there weren't so many conspiracy theorists around in North America at the time... :)
LOL! Maybe not. I dunno…he didn’t seem to like my comparison. Maybe it’s a cultural thing? Hasn’t he ever seen people eyeballing conspiracy folks and muttering “their a bit luney…”

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible's definition of the Church is the only one that matters, and it says God's Church is a single organization. While individual Christians certainly represent the Church, every Christian by themselves is not a Church. Christ is espoused to only 1 woman(2 Cor. 11:2, Sng. 4) and is coming to marry 1 Bride(Rev. 19:7). Christ is not a polygamist.

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible's definition of the Church is the only one that matters, and it says God's Church is a single organization. While individual Christians certainly represent the Church, every Christian by themselves is not a Church. Christ is espoused to only 1 woman(2 Cor. 11:2, Sng. 4) and is coming to marry 1 Bride(Rev. 19:7). Christ is not a polygamist.

The church is NOT an organization. The church is His spiritual body, and those who possess Jesus' Spirit, are individual members of that Body. They are not rogue agents, and He only has One body. So when denominations and others cut themselves off from His body, thinking that others are lost and theirs is the only true way, they die. If you cut the finger off from the body, the finger dies.

Furthermore, Jesus said that wherever 2, or perhaps 3, gather together IN HIS NAME (which is not the same thing as a few Christians happening to come together for fun and games), there He is in the midst of them.

There is so much horrible teaching and ideas out there about Christ. Coming together In His Name, means a lot. His Name carries the fullness of everything in God. He must be acknowledged as Lord and King. No human being is in control or leadership. Jesus is. And when 2 or 3 come together In His Name, then God's power and wonder can be experienced.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is NOT an organization. The church is His spiritual body, and those who possess Jesus' Spirit, are individual members of that Body. They are not rogue agents, and He only has One body. So when denominations and others cut themselves off from His body, thinking that others are lost and theirs is the only true way, they die. If you cut the finger off from the body, the finger dies.

Furthermore, Jesus said that wherever 2, or perhaps 3, gather together IN HIS NAME (which is not the same thing as a few Christians happening to come together for fun and games), there He is in the midst of them.

There is so much horrible teaching and ideas out there about Christ. Coming together In His Name, means a lot. His Name carries the fullness of everything in God. He must be acknowledged as Lord and King. No human being is in control or leadership. Jesus is. And when 2 or 3 come together In His Name, then God's power and wonder can be experienced.
You literally agreed with what i said that God's Chruch is an organization. And yes, it is an organization because there is a hierarchy where the Father is at the very top and the lay members are at the very bottom. If God is not the author of confusion, His Church would logically reflect that, would it not? And just so you know, misquoting Christ doesn't make you right.

The Bible also teaches against the existence of denominations, so your argument definitely doesn't hold any weight. It helps to know what the Bible actually says before making any attempts to correct somebody. The Catholics don't get a lot right, but even they understand that God is only leading the 1 church on this planet that He built. God didn't build denominations, and He certainly didn't authorize them.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st century is over. Remnants remain. Me and you, the church then was the first fruits; the first of the crop. Pure and blameless bride. Now you and me live on the Earth. That will never end; except when our eyes shut and you and me sleep. No longer in our bodies we once inhabited into a new resurrection going on to see God Almighty.

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You literally agreed with what i said that God's Chruch is an organization. And yes, it is an organization because there is a hierarchy where the Father is at the very top and the lay members are at the very bottom. If God is not the author of confusion, His Church would logically reflect that, would it not? And just so you know, misquoting Christ doesn't make you right.

The Bible also teaches against the existence of denominations, so your argument definitely doesn't hold any weight. It helps to know what the Bible actually says before making any attempts to correct somebody. The Catholics don't get a lot right, but even they understand that God is only leading the 1 church on this planet that He built. God didn't build denominations, and He certainly didn't authorize them.

Where do you get off saying I said any of the things you just levied against me?

I have never said denominations were okay. I said the opposite. I am on record in more than one place saying that if the finger cuts itself off from the body, the finger (a denomination) dies.

So in all that it would appear you agree with me.

But your saying the church is an organization, made by men is the implication, is totally false. I corrected you by saying it is a Spiritual body. Nothing man-made about it. It is NOT an organization. A doctor would never describe the human body as a collection of tissue and blood and organs that are organized. That would be a crass thing to say.

Lastly, your thinking that the lay people are at the bottom is completely false and against what Jesus taught.

The Lord came to the earth to serve, not be served. And He taught the disciples to learn as much and teach others the same thing. If you would be great!, then you must become servant of all. And that is not a wording thing, but a true servant who gets into the mud and helps people out of the mud and find their footing.

You and all these denominations have it completely upside down. Paul said,

1 Co r2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

And this strong admonishment about false brethren vs. true:

2 Cor 11:7 Did I commit a sin in abasing myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached God's gospel without cost to you?
2 Cor 11:8 I robbed other churches by accepting support from them in order to serve you.
2 Cor 11:9 And when I was with you and was in want, I did not burden any one, for my needs were supplied by the brethren who came from Macedonia. So I refrained and will refrain from burdening you in any way.
2 Cor 11:10 As the truth of Christ is in me, this boast of mine shall not be silenced in the regions of Achaia.
2 Cor 11:11 And why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do!
2 Cor 11:12 And what I do I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do.
2 Cor 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.
2 Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
2 Cor 11:15 So it is not strange if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

And apparently you fit into this category that Paul wrote:

2 Cor 11:19 For you gladly bear with fools, being wise yourselves!
2 Cor 11:20 For you bear it if a man makes slaves of you, or preys upon you, or takes advantage of you, or puts on airs, or strikes you in the face.

(or tells you that he is over you because you are only a lay person!). I'm disgusted by what you write and how these false workers have made people believe such rubbish!

And Paul explains clearly the true meaning of being a servant of Christ. He continues:

2 Cor 11:23 Are they servants of Christ? I am a better one--I am talking like a madman--with far greater labors, far more imprisonments, with countless beatings, and often near death.
2 Cor 11:24 Five times I have received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one.
2 Cor 11:25 Three times I have been beaten with rods; once I was stoned. Three times I have been shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been adrift at sea;
2 Cor 11:26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brethren;
2 Cor 11:27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.
2 Cor 11:28 And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure upon me of my anxiety for all the churches.
2 Cor 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant?
2 Cor 11:30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.
2 Cor 11:31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, he who is blessed for ever, knows that I do not lie.