Christian "gay Bashing"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Your right, people would quickly denounce it and then continue to engage in the behavior - see that is the problem, everyone is tempted to gossip, only gay people are tempted to engage in homosexual behavior

The Bible says we can overcome sin. Gossip is a sin that can be overcome. Aspen, haven't you overcome ANY sin since you have become a believer? If you have, then why don't you seem to believe people can repent? Do you think that when Jesus told us to repent, he didn't really think we ever could?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really didnt realise that homosexuality wasnt a sin that could be overcome. Im sorry, I must of miised that one.

In His love

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I really didnt realise that homosexuality wasnt a sin that could be overcome. Im sorry, I must of miised that one.

Yes. Homosexuality is a sin that can be overcome. Maybe you will have the opportunity to talk to a Christian who has overcome that sin.

1 Corinthians 6 (New International Version, ©2010)

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[sup][a][/sup] [sup]10[/sup] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. [sup]11[/sup] And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Footnotes:
  1. 1 Corinthians 6:9 The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
From where is this footnote cited? I'd like to see their reasoning for this translation. Again, I don't mean this as an argument, I just want to see where those with whom I might not agree are coming from.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
We can call sin 'sin', and still be merciful! So stop accusing Chrisitans of bad things when they correct people who don't want sin called 'sin.'

You bring up the woman that was going to be stoned. You left out what Jesus said to her after everyone left.

John 8
[sup]9[/sup] At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. [sup]10[/sup] Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

[sup]11[/sup] “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Did you see that? Jesus told the woman "Go now and leave your life of sin." So why do you get mad at Christians who call sin 'sin'?

-- Exactly correct. There are many on this board to are blaming Christians for speaking out against homosexuality. But they neglect the fact that they are simply speaking the truth, not attacking a person.

Many times I have been approached because someone knows I am a Christian. They ask why homosexuality is wrong and I tell them, supporting what I say with scripture. But I also so them - through scripture - that God hates the sin not the sinner and they are loved.

But since I am not willing to say God supports their sin and will not judge them they become agree and suddenly I am labeled intolerant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's quite simple.. GOD says don't practice immoral sexuality, so don't do it.

God says," dont do a lot of things". yet christians have no toruble with doing a lot of what they are not supposed to do, but thgat never gets mentioned, nah lets pick on homsexuals, it must be worse then all the other sins, or is it just that they are an easy target for "ELITE" christians. But then theer is PAul, who decided that He was the worst of the sinners, or Jesus , who never called anyone a sinner, He simple said go and sin no more, So christians, lets all do what Jesus said," lets all go and sin no more".

Now before we get onto the topic of the adultress, notice what Jesus said,

Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

So when Jesus goes to the homosexuals and asks, "where are your accusers", they will respond, Right here on this forum, take a look Jesus, are they not supposed to be like you, yet they condemn and accuse us at every chace they get".

In His LOve

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"God says," dont do a lot of things". yet christians have no toruble with doing a lot of what they are not supposed to do, but thgat never gets mentioned, nah lets pick on homsexuals," - mjrhealth

-- LOL Really? This is what your argument is reduced to?
You are trying to excuse homosexual acts by saying that Christians are unfairly targeting that sin while ignoring others? Oh please :lol:

No one - NO ONE - on this BB, and no Christian I have ever met had excused other sins. Adultery, theft, murder, etc. etc. etc. are all just as much a sin in God's eyes.

They have not "turned a blind eye" to them or excused those activities.

Not caving on subjects such as premarital sex, abortion, etc. are one of the main reasons Christians are being called "judger" and "haters" by those who want to practice those activities and not be told they are wrong.

And as far as the adultress, Jesus forgave what He knew to be sin. If it wasn't sin and was acceptable to do he wouldn't have finished with "Go and sin no more."

"Jesus , who never called anyone a sinner, He simple said go and sin no more" - mjrhealth

-- He would have if the person said, "But Lord, I haven't sinned." He said "go and sin no more" because the person was a sinner.

You are implying that Christians shouldn't point out that someone a sinner but simply tell them "go and sin no more."

Amusing. Ineffective, but amusing.

It is very hard to convince someone they need to turn away from their sin and accept Jesus if they are not shown that what they are doing is not a sin in the first place.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Missed it didnt you.

Jesus said," Where are your accusers, has no man condemned you".

She said, " No Man"

Jesus never said He forgave her, He said". Neither do I condmen theee".

For Jesus to accuse Her , He would have to become like satan, the accuser, but without anyone accusing her, how could He find her guilty of anything,

So are you going to condemn these people and accuse them of sin. just like satan, or are you going to be like Jesus, and forgive them, it really is a simple answer, for without anyone accusing them of sin, how can they be condemned.

in His Love

It is for the holy Spirit to convict them, not us,

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Jesus never said He forgave her, He said". Neither do I condmen thee". - mjrhealth

-- That very statement shows he forgave her. The fact that he told her to "go and sin no more" shows that she did sin, He forgave her, and He expected her to discontinue the sin she was participating in.
Yes, it really is that simple.

"So are you going to condemn these people and accuse them of sin." - mjrhealth

-- Not even close. I am trying to point out that the wages of sin is death and what GOD says what they are doing is sin. But they do not have to die in their sin if they accept Jesus and turn away from their sin.
You know, preaching the good news.?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You do not know what I am talking about because you are not reading my posts. Instead, you are trying to make a claim about scripture that is not true and refusing to follow your own logic all the way through. According to you:

1. Jesus calls Christians in the NT to give up ALL of their rights
2. It still applies to us today: [font="tahoma]"[font="tahoma][size="2"]Have you read the Sermon on the Mount? We MUST give up our rights."[/size][/font][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]3. American citizens have rights (including marginalized groups like homosexuals)[/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]4. So if Christians really must give up their rights, I am wondering when you are going to give up yours?[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]We may indeed by in left field, at this point, but we here by following your logic.[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]The reason I am carrying your reasoning to its logical end is to illustrate how often people make incorrect and idealistic statements without thought to how it will impact themselves or others if it was actually carried out. It is easy and noble to make a statement like 'Christians must give up all their rights', but what does that really mean? Saying it without looking at the full impact of what you are saying is irresponsible. There is also a whiff of arrogance in there somewhere, in a martyrish kind of way.[/size][/font][font="tahoma][size="2"] [/size][/font]
[font="tahoma][size="2"]The Sermon on the Mount is actually informing us that God is not looking for the same people for His Kingdom as the Jews - the Jewish people were looking for a warrior Messiah who would gather an army to overthrow the Romans. Jesus was telling them a message that they did not want to hear - the Kingdom was going to be populated by the humble and patient people - those who would turn the other cheek rather than fight. It has nothing to do with giving up all are rights as Christians.[/size][/font]
Try reading it again.

Matthew 5:39-44 (NKJV)
[sup]39 [/sup]But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
[sup]40 [/sup]If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
[sup]41 [/sup]And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
[sup]42 [/sup]Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
[sup]43 [/sup]"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
[sup]44 [/sup]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

This is mandatory for salvation.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading it again.

Matthew 5:39-44 (NKJV)
[sup]39 [/sup]But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
[sup]40 [/sup]If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
[sup]41 [/sup]And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
[sup]42 [/sup]Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
[sup]43 [/sup]"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
[sup]44 [/sup]But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

This is mandatory for salvation.

He is telling us to love. This is not about losing rights - that is all I am saying.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the person claiming that Christians must lose all their rights

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when are you going to give up all your rights?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but the time may come when Christians will be denied these things.

You are changing the subject. So do you believe you are heading for Hell because of these rights?