Christian "gay Bashing"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unifique77

Jul 23, 2010
Its funny how Christians can legitimize pretty much ANY expression of HATE/BIGOTRY by reverting back to the bible.

I actually had a chance to document some of these "anti-gay", sign-holding protesters at the LA PRIDE Parade this past summer and its amazing how they justify their hatred.

I recently finished shooting/directing the 2nd episode of my Man-on-the-street web series which airs on the DISH network. We had a chance to interview both traditional pastors as well as gay pastors.

We really felt it was necessary to address the divide that exists between Christianity and Homosexuality and I have to say, its amazing what we have uncovered.

You can view the first Part here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6PqndUJ8P4

And if you decide to continue, here's the 2nd part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoMbS9B3FoM&a mp;fea...

Please let me know your thoughts

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
I agree with what the first guy interviewed said... but I didn't see his sign... most of the signs I saw were very harsh truth... I think they should put down the signs and go talk to the people directly. The signs make them seem very impersonable. I disagree with the fact that it's judgemental because that's what the Bible says...

Homosexuality is a sin. So is gossip. So is lying. Don't focus in on homosexuality--focus on sin as sin. All sinners go to hell--not just homosexuals and murderers. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." We need JESUS to take the punishment for our sin so we can be called Saints and no longer sinners.

Gay preachers is hugely wrong. Lying preachers is hugely wrong. Gossipping and idolator preachers as well...

I agree that it's all about love, but I also think that we do the gay community a disservice if we let them continue to sin (being homosexual or WHATEVER OTHER sins they have--because I highly doubt that's their only thing they do against God)... we need to tell them! But not with signs and posters.. that doesn't work. Take the time to show love to someone by listening to them... and then love them by sharing with them the truth!

As far as hanging out with them, it's not a problem if your main goal for hanging out with them is to share Christ. But if you are just hanging out just to hang out and to be buddies but leave out the Truth... you aren't being a friend to them at all... so just be careful about that. Remember "Bad company corrupts good character" and "Do not have the appearance of evil"... That's all I have to say for now

Reactions: Lively Stone

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality is easy to bash because unlike lying and gossip, only some people are tempted by it.

Peace

I also think it is interesting that homosexuality is singled out in the Lot story - everyone overlooks that Lot offers his two daughters to be raped by the mob as an alternative to the mob's homosexual intention.

Peace

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Homosexuality is easy to bash because unlike lying and gossip, only some people are tempted by it.

Peace

I also think it is interesting that homosexuality is singled out in the Lot story - everyone overlooks that Lot offers his two daughters to be raped by the mob as an alternative to the mob's homosexual intention.

Peace

Hello Aspen,

I think that Lot offered his daughters to be raped because he considered homosexuality the greater evil and rape a lesser evil?

In Christ,
Selene

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Aspen,

I think that Lot offered his daughters to be raped because he considered homosexuality the greater evil and rape a lesser evil?

In Christ,
Selene

So is this an example we should follow? If we are not going to follow this alternative - why are we looking at the homosexuality part?

Peace

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
So is this an example we should follow? If we are not going to follow this alternative - why are we looking at the homosexuality part?

Peace

I don't think that we should follow any of it because both of them are evil. It does not matter whether Lot thinks homosexuality is the greater evil than rape. Both are evil and a sin. Both should not be condoned.

In Christ,
Selene

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a bit dangerous to pick and choose which ideas and behaviors are moral in this story. The fact is, Lot should have been torched like the rest of the city if it came down to morality. This is actually a story about God's sovereignty not morality.

Peace

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Its funny how Christians can legitimize pretty much ANY expression of HATE/BIGOTRY by reverting back to the bible.

I actually had a chance to document some of these "anti-gay", sign-holding protesters at the LA PRIDE Parade this past summer and its amazing how they justify their hatred.

I recently finished shooting/directing the 2nd episode of my Man-on-the-street web series which airs on the DISH network. We had a chance to interview both traditional pastors as well as gay pastors.

We really felt it was necessary to address the divide that exists between Christianity and Homosexuality and I have to say, its amazing what we have uncovered.

You can view the first Part here:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=g6PqndUJ8P4

And if you decide to continue, here's the 2nd part
mp;fea...

Please let me know your thoughts

This was an open public demonstration. No matter what you want to call this these people are openly and flagrantly displaying contempt for God. Truth is truth and sin is sin.

Somebody needs to tell them the truth and whether they accept it is then on their hands.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone picketed me with signs full of verses that I didn't believe - and confronted me without any chance of acceptance - the last thing I would do is listen to them or give them any authority in my life. I am just saying.....

I just wonder if Fred Phelps or any other hate group pretending to be a church would enjoy having a group of Muslims chasing him around all the time picketing him with verses from the Koran - at the funeral of his family - his church every Sunday.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
We are missing a very important point here.

Homosexuality has always been around and Christians did not single it out as "sin" any more than they did adultery , lying or cheating.

But when SOCIETY tries to make it into something NORMAL , then we are more apt to speak out.

The same applies to abortion. Society should not approve it. We will never stop it, but we must never approve of it.

It is a slippery slope and the Christian tries to block the slide for the benefit of all mankind.

Anyone differ with my opinion? Do you know there are some societies where murder is OK in certain circumstances? Want to go there? Want to bring it here? Like I said, it is a slippery slope when sin is approved by society.

By the way, I was around in the 1950's and 60's , it was the (non christian) thugs and bullies that harassed the gays. Never the Christians. If anything, we tried to protect them, we did not endorse , nor understand them , but we did them no harm.

Modern secular societies now endorse bashing the Christian .... but we can say nothing against the perverted. Think about it.

Can you imagine a society without any Christian voice?? It would be terrible. It would be like Sodom & Gomorrah. Would it not?

Be careful whom you serve

Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
If someone picketed me with signs full of verses that I didn't believe - and confronted me without any chance of acceptance - the last thing I would do is listen to them or give them any authority in my life. I am just saying.....

I just wonder if Fred Phelps or any other hate group pretending to be a church would enjoy having a group of Muslims chasing him around all the time picketing him with verses from the Koran - at the funeral of his family - his church every Sunday.

I would agree with you Aspen. I think Phelps is an embarrassment.

He selects the verse only where it says Homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom.

But he neglects to mention that the following do not inherit the Kingdom either:

-
the wicked
-the sexually immoral
-nor idolaters
-nor adulterers
-nor male prostitutes
-nor homosexual offenders
-nor thieves
-nor the greedy
-nor drunkards
-nor slanderers
-nor swindlers
-the cowardly
-the unbelieving
-the vile
-the murderer
-those who practice magic arts
-the idolaters
-and all liars

If Phelps has ever lied , slandered anyone, or committed adultery , then by his own preaching words he should be with the gays in the afterlife.

(quotes taken from 1Cor:6 ... and Rev.21)

Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Hello Aspen,

In Christ,
Selene

Lot was not endorsing heterosexual rape as a lesser evil than homosexual rape.

Lot was simply trying to protect his two guests (two Angels)

He didn't realize it at the time , but the two Angels did not require his protection

He was just trying his best to prevent the Sodomites from harming his guests. That is all.

Thanks
Martin W.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot was not endorsing heterosexual rape as a lesser evil than homosexual rape.

Lot was simply trying to protect his two guests (two Angels)

He didn't realize it at the time , but the two Angels did not require his protection

He was just trying his best to prevent the Sodomites from harming his guests. That is all.

Thanks
Martin W.

Doesn't that horrify you in the least? The man offered his daughters (the mob rejected the offer) to be raped as an alternative to homosexual rape. Now, we know that offering your daughters to a mob is not a viable solution to the homosexual problem - even though it is advocated by this story (it was never condemned) - so how can we be sure the point of the story was to condemn homosexual behavior? What if it was simply pointing out the depravity of coming to a person's house and demanding to rape your guests? What if it is pointing out how far the morality of the city had fallen that a mob would be so inhospitable that it would not just infringe on a household, but it would demand to violate the guests?

Peace

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Doesn't that horrify you in the least? The man offered his daughters (the mob rejected the offer) to be raped as an alternative to homosexual rape. Now, we know that offering your daughters to a mob is not a viable solution to the homosexual problem - even though it is advocated by this story (it was never condemned) - so how can we be sure the point of the story was to condemn homosexual behavior? What if it was simply pointing out the depravity of coming to a person's house and demanding to rape your guests? What if it is pointing out how far the morality of the city had fallen that a mob would be so inhospitable that it would not just infringe on a household, but it would demand to violate the guests?

Peace

Yes , that whole situation is horrifying to me. I didn't mention it earlier , but it has always bothered me that Lot (seemingly easily) offered up his daughter. I know I could never do that to my daughter. I would fight them to my death if required.

I should also mention that it has always creeped me out to picture the gang of male perverts outside Lot's door. I am not easily disturbed, but that has always affected me. They were utter perverts. Some of our prisons have similar gangs.

Our society should not encourage perversion of any kind.

Thanks
Martin

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians are not supposed to speak out, they are supposed to pray, but due to our complete lack of faith in God, we running around trying to change the world thinking it is pleasing to God, What ever happend to, " remove the log out of your own eye". Cristians seem to think that because they go to chuch they have the right to Judge. You have no right to judge anypone but yourself. Become Christlike, so they can see Christ in you, but no lets show them hate and all the things from satan, so instead of turning to a loving God they run away from one that hates, because that is what we show them. Open your eyes, lest you be judged by Christ and found no better.

in His Love

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Christians are not supposed to speak out, they are supposed to pray, but due to our complete lack of faith in God, we running around trying to change the world thinking it is pleasing to God, What ever happend to, " remove the log out of your own eye". Cristians seem to think that because they go to chuch they have the right to Judge. You have no right to judge anypone but yourself. Become Christlike, so they can see Christ in you, but no lets show them hate and all the things from satan, so instead of turning to a loving God they run away from one that hates, because that is what we show them. Open your eyes, lest you be judged by Christ and found no better.

in His Love
You said a mixture of things that that I find contradictory. In my case if somebody (to my face) promotes a wrong agenda .... I do not pray. I call them a pervert. Then I hope they pray. Otherwise they carry on to hunt another victim. I find my enemies love it when I fold down and pray and let them go on their merry way.

My biggest problem is that nobody with a perverted agenda ever faces me. You either. They hide behind a "cause". I tried to fight with a "cause" and they didn't show up. They never will. They do not have the backbone. They manipulate by stealth using worldly agendas.

Please do not tell me about a loving God. He hates perversion , and the author of perversion. He has a lot of love , but it is not for the pervert.

Do not be misguided on what God loves and what God does not love.

And yes , he is a God of Love. Just to clarify. But he has never loved perversion. Yours or mine. We both have them.

We are to try to be less perverted than we were yesterday. The Holy Spirit is our antagonist. Not each other. That is where people get confused.

The Holy Spirit (in me) wars with the sinful nature (in me) and sometimes I let him win. (The Holy Spirit)

I find I am reluctant , and thankful. That is the Christian life. Me against Him. It has never been against me and the gay people down the road. I do not even know them and have no association. They are just an easy target. Better to target them and their faults , than to target me and my faults. Right?

Mankind always looks for an easy target. That is why Jesus said to get the plank out of our own eye before we shoot. He knew we will never be able to shoot. It is a big plank. That was his point.

We fight the Holy Spirit in us that tries to overcome our sinful nature. We are not the enemy. Sin is our enemy.
'mjrhealth' You are not my enemy (thank you) Sin living in me is my enemy.

May everybody have a kind and wonderful day , as we wrestle the Spirit within. May The Holy one win.

Arnold Martin.
Woodside

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
The truly shocking part of all of this is that we as a Christian Nation supposedly or used to be anyway have allowed them to openly pervert us to a point that people are protecting them and allowing them to openly march in the streets anyway. Those people need to be put in prison. Sodomy was and still needs to be illegal. A person that is homosexual is mentally unstable to start with. Many of them have been given over to a reprobate mind. The fact that you above somewhere use the statement homosexual pastors is ludiricus. There are satanic pastors as well I am sure are you willing to protect them? This whole debate here is ludicrus. As far as telling them right from wrong with scripture if they reject it because you offended them where are they going to go hell #2? Like the man in the video said if his neighbor's house was on fire he would be trying to tell him to get him out of certain death. These people are in basically the same situation Headed for certain eternal death.

We have slowly but surely given these people right after right after right until they have become a protected special class group that is bringing this nation into great suffering and you stilll want to equuate them to rational people. This is ridicoulas. You either confront sin or you enjoy sin.

in His Love

I 100000% disagree on Christians not speaking out. God only tells people like this through people. I agree that you should pray for them but you had better be telling them as well. I find no where that we should sit down and shut up.

Go back and read the Great Commission. How are they going to hear if nobody tells them.

The reason so many Christians have this attitude of sitting down and shutting up is that they have no clue about the Holy Spirit and the power and boldness that comes with His presence in their lives.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

in His Love

-- I could not disagree more.
"Go ye and preach the Gospel to all nations..."

If the Gospel says something is wrong we are not to sit and watch people take that path. We are to tell them with love what God expects, make sure they have at least heard the Word, then let them make their own choices (free will) while we continue to lift them up in prayer.

If what they practice is counter to what God wants/loves/desires then we as Christians are to share that, along with the Good News that Jesus loves them, will forgive them if they ask and will change their lives if they let Him.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

in His Love

This is an interesting idea - I think it has a lot of merit. It reminds me of the book The Chosen, which described one rabbinic argument for creating a state of Israel and the opposing viewpoint by rabbis who believed that the act of creating a State of Israel instead of waiting for God to do it was to have a lack of faith in God.

I do think that God loves His enemies - Jesus would never ask us to do something that God was not already doing.

I also think that we are not called to judge because we were never created to do so - therefore, we have no idea how to judge correctly. Indeed, the only way we can know that we have judged correctly is through hindsight. Instead, we were created to love - it was Adam and Eve that decided we should take on more duties like determining good and evil. The result is a primitive method of determining right and wrong that sees everything as either black or white. Our morality is primitive and unreliable without God.

I also agree that prayer - communion with God is more inline with our purpose on Earth. We were created to communion with Him - rather than act as judges for the nonbeliever. Remember, this world is under the dominion of the god of the world - and his followers have the freedom to act as they please - for a time. Who are we to demand moral behavior from the damned? As much as I hate that phrase about putting lipstick on a pig - I think it applies here.

Peace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
Joh 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
Joh 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
Joh 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Joh 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
Joh 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

How we love to point our fingers at everyone else, so that we dont have to look at ourselves. So much like the pharrisees have so called christians become.

I see a few stone throwers around here.

In His Love