Christian "gay Bashing"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
If God was as religious as people seem to think He is, there would be no one in heaven because none of us are perfect, not a single one. So if your religious beliefs wont allow you to allow a sinner into your home then why should God allow you into His. Think about it, the choices are not always so easy when you walk with Christ,

Are you serious? We are made perfect and holy because of Jesus' blood. We who are in Jesus repented, and we work out our salvation. Do the homosexuals you are standing up for repent of their homosexuality?

Hebrews 10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
No, unlike you, my principles and beliefs are not determined by the weather. Either it is right or it is wrong to have my right to religious belief denied because someone who does not accept them wants his rights regardless.

My principles aren't determined by the weather, either; my point was that, regardless of who is renting the property to whom, discrimination against the tenant is prioritized because the tenant needs to live someplace, while the landlord chooses to rent the property. In essence, it is your right is to live in accordance with your religious beliefs, just as it is a homosexual's right to live as a homosexual. To deny someone a home can endanger his or her life, which is why housing discrimination is not permitted by anyone against anyone. If you do not want to rent to a homosexual, you don't have to rent, period. If someone doesn't want to rent to a Christian, s/he doesn't have to rent, period. Basically, renting out an apartment is a choice, and if the rules for doing so clash with your beliefs, you don't have to choose to rent out the apartment. Shelter is a basic human necessity, and thus cannot be denied to one for one's beliefs. Sure, it's not a matter of life or death in every situation, or even most, but the law is set up to protect your rights (and others') in the situations where it is.

Are you serious? We are made perfect and holy because of Jesus' blood. We who are in Jesus repented, and we work out our salvation. Do the homosexuals you are standing up for repent of their homosexuality?

Do you repent of cutting your hair? Do you repent of having worn mixed fabrics? Eating crops grown from mixed seeds?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Do you repent of cutting your hair? Do you repent of having worn mixed fabrics? Eating crops grown from mixed seeds?

You are asking me about the old law. I am under the New Covenant.

Are you saying homosexuals don't have to repent of homosexuality?

Oh yeah, I think you, in another thread, proudly admitted to being a cigarette smoker. Is there anything you believe a Christian should stop doing once they follow Jesus?

Oh and, my hair is long; I don't wear wool and linen mixed; and I believe the crops I eat from are grown in fields that aren't of mixed seed.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
All the references to homosexuality in the new testament are from the Greek word for "male prostitution," (except for a few which, as I recall, use the word for those who would purchase them but I think these are usually translated as such) not directly to homosexuality, for which there exists an entirely different (and commonly used and known) word. I believe that if homosexuality were being referenced, the Greek word for homosexuality would have been used. So, being under the New Covenant, I don't believe a homosexual who does not sell himself, and is not a pedophile, adulterer, or whore-monger would need to repent. I'm aware this is a contentious issue, and our last discussion of scriptural interpretation went nowhere, so that's probably all I'll say on this topic, but since you asked, I felt the need to answer honestly.

I don't know if "proudly" is an accurate description, but I smoke cigarettes. It's not a good habit and it's not one I'd really like to keep, but when it came up, I thought it would be dishonest not to mention. I am sorry that I smoke, and sorry for the worry and other duress it causes others.

EDIT: Clarified the word "pederasty," since its use in English and Greek has different meanings.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You should take a closer look at yourself in a mirror one day. Christians think taht because they are christians, that they are better then everyone else. Jesus never thought He was, we are here to serve. to love, to be a witness of Jesus, not to condemn the world, the devil has enough people , including christians doing taht already.

In His Love

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now lets see,
who of you have illeagle mp3s on yor pc or mp3 player, what about those ileagle videos you have downloaded or being given from a friend, or that illieagle software you have on your pc, and the guys whan was the last time you took a second look at a girl dressed to kill or or you ladies guy that is good looking, and had those orrid thoughts run through your mind, or waht about the time you popped into the news stand and accidently took a second look at a playboy cover, or something you gave a second glance while surfing the net, or you ladies , how do you dress, is it to have guys looking at you , when was the last time you watched something at the movies or on telly you know you shouldnt have watched, or is there someone you havent forgiven, someone in need who asked you for a little money and you turned them down, are you angry at someone, do you love you brother and sister or are you mad at them over something they have done, what about a wife or husband who has left you, have you forgiven them, has someone asked you for money and then you have demanded it back do you walk around bragging of all the wonderful things you do for God or do you keep it to yourself and let Him recieve the glory, do you pray for God to change others or do you pray for God to change you, when was the last time you sat alone wth Jesus and told Him how much you Love Him, and worshipped Him alone as a lover would, are you the one who stands and brags about his works then says , " see God im not like al these other people ", or are you the one who holds his head low,and says, " forgive me father for I am a sinner", that log in you eye looks mighty big now doesnt it, Love them and they will listen, hate them and they wont and the will ony turn further away, Jesus never felt it beneath Him to be with the winebibbers and low life of the world.

In His LOve

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true mjrhealth

As I have said before the only two reasons we have received the grace to see other people's personal sins is so that we can be convicted of our own sins in order to repent and to develop empathy for our brothers and sisters.

web

Dec 9, 2010
Jesus had a lot to say concerning this subject:

att 10: 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

NKJV

Matt 11:23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. 24 But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you."

NKJV

Mark 6:11 And whoever will not receive you nor hear you, when you depart from there, shake off the dust under your feet as a testimony against them. Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!"

NKJV

Luke 10: But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 'The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.' 12 But I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.

NKJV

Jesus says that the most evil sin of humanity is rejection of Him. Homosexuality is a sin but it is not the sin that man or nations will be judged by anymore. And as a matter of fact it was not the main sin that Sodom was judged for.

Ezek 16:48 "As I live," says the Lord God, "neither your sister Sodom nor her daughters have done as you and your daughters have done. 49 Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.

NKJV

Why do Christians let themselves be consumed by trivial matters? I really think most are just wanting to see good clean television and movies. Let them be homosexual and go to hell but not in front of me.

Lets worry more about winning them to Jesus. Or if we can't do that then lets work on our pride and be a little more charitable

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Jesus says that the most evil sin of humanity is rejection of Him. Homosexuality is a sin but it is not the sin that man or nations will be judged by anymore. And as a matter of fact it was not the main sin that Sodom was judged for." - web

-- That is absolutely correct. While homosexual activity was indeed one of them, the list of other sins against God was quite extensive.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
You should take a closer look at yourself in a mirror one day. Christians think taht because they are christians, that they are better then everyone else. Jesus never thought He was, we are here to serve. to love, to be a witness of Jesus, not to condemn the world, the devil has enough people , including christians doing taht already.

You're trying so hard to be rude to me. Why is that? Have some hate for a Christian who preaches what Jesus says? Sounds to me like you just don't like Christians. Jesus says if you want to remain in his love we have to obey his teachings. You don't sound like a Christian when you speak against me for no reason, and when you defend sin, as if everyone is conquered by it, that's not what the Bible tells us about ourselves.
You come here to falsely judge me.....you should do what you told me to do, and that is take a closer look at yourself in a mirror.

Now lets see,
who of you have illeagle mp3s on yor pc or mp3 player, what about those ileagle videos you have downloaded or being given from a friend, or that illieagle software you have on your pc, and the guys whan was the last time you took a second look at a girl dressed to kill or or you ladies guy that is good looking, and had those orrid thoughts run through your mind, or waht about the time you popped into the news stand and accidently took a second look at a playboy cover, or something you gave a second glance while surfing the net, or you ladies , how do you dress, is it to have guys looking at you , when was the last time you watched something at the movies or on telly you know you shouldnt have watched, or is there someone you havent forgiven, someone in need who asked you for a little money and you turned them down, are you angry at someone, do you love you brother and sister or are you mad at them over something they have done, what about a wife or husband who has left you, have you forgiven them, has someone asked you for money and then you have demanded it back do you walk around bragging of all the wonderful things you do for God or do you keep it to yourself and let Him recieve the glory, do you pray for God to change others or do you pray for God to change you, when was the last time you sat alone wth Jesus and told Him how much you Love Him, and worshipped Him alone as a lover would, are you the one who stands and brags about his works then says , " see God im not like al these other people ", or are you the one who holds his head low,and says, " forgive me father for I am a sinner", that log in you eye looks mighty big now doesnt it, Love them and they will listen, hate them and they wont and the will ony turn further away, Jesus never felt it beneath Him to be with the winebibbers and low life of the world.

Yes, mjrhealth, that log in your eye does look mighty big now.

All the references to homosexuality in the new testament are from the Greek word for "male prostitution," (except for a few which, as I recall, use the word for "pederasty," but I think these are usually translated as such) not directly to homosexuality, for which there exists an entirely different (and commonly used and known) word. I believe that if homosexuality were being referenced, the Greek word for homosexuality would have been used. So, being under the New Covenant, I don't believe a homosexual who does not sell himself, and is not a pedophile, adulterer, or whore-monger would need to repent. I'm aware this is a contentious issue, and our last discussion of scriptural interpretation went nowhere, so that's probably all I'll say on this topic, but since you asked, I felt the need to answer honestly.

I don't know if "proudly" is an accurate description, but I smoke cigarettes. It's not a good habit and it's not one I'd really like to keep, but when it came up, I thought it would be dishonest not to mention. I am sorry that I smoke, and sorry for the worry and other duress it causes others.

I pray for you that you will stop cigarette smoking. I smoked for many years, but I'm thankful God is patient.

As for homosexuality not being a sin as long as the homosexuals love each other---that is a lie you are telling that will help send people to hell. We must repent. When you tell a man it is not wrong to lie with another man, as with a woman....you sin, and you speak against the Word of God. Jesus says a man leaves his parents and becomes one with his wife. Now stop perverting the truth.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"All the references to homosexuality in the new testament are from the Greek word for "male prostitution," - De

-- Some of them talk about the dominant sexual partner and the submissive, receptive sexual partner.
But they do not speak in context of male prostitution only.

"So, being under the New Covenant, I don't believe a homosexual who does not sell himself, and is not a pedophile, adulterer, or whore-monger would need to repent." - De
-- Again, Paul was not talking specifically about male prostitutes. It was the practice itself, not the practice for money.
You are making a mistake and if you are telling people that this practice is acceptable, you are leading them astray.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
From your response, I take it you know classical Greek? If so, could you refer to the passages to which you're referring in the Greek? I don't remember seeing the Greek word for "homosexuality" anywhere, but I suppose I could have missed other terms that refer to homosexual activity in other ways. I think I've read pretty carefully, but nobody's perfect and I certainly could have made a mistake.

If you don't know classical Greek, my apologies for misinterpreting your post.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"From your response, I take it you know classical Greek? If so, could you refer to the passages to which you're referring in the Greek?" - De

Sure. Just as soon as you show that - as you claimed - all references to homosexuality in the NT are from the Greek word for "Male Prosititution."

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
From your response, I take it you know classical Greek? If so, could you refer to the passages to which you're referring in the Greek? I don't remember seeing the Greek word for "homosexuality" anywhere, but I suppose I could have missed other terms that refer to homosexual activity in other ways. I think I've read pretty carefully, but nobody's perfect and I certainly could have made a mistake.

If you don't know classical Greek, my apologies for misinterpreting your post.

How sad for you...that you think a person has to know Koine Greek, or Aramaic, or Hebrew to have the kingdom of God revealed to them.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Sure. Just as soon as you show that - as you claimed - all references to homosexuality in the NT are from the Greek word for "Male Prosititution."
My apologies, I thought you mentioned that with the intention of providing information which could guide or aid my study, not to argue with me after I specifically said I did not wish to debate that particular issue. [Edited to remove discussion of the scripture. There is no point when my words will only be twisted and responded to with mockery. You have a right to your beliefs and I to mine.]

How sad for you...that you think a person has to know Koine Greek, or Aramaic, or Hebrew to have the kingdom of God revealed to them.

I didn't say or imply any such thing. He replied to my post in such a manner that made me think he also knew Greek, and, accordingly, might point out a reference I had missed in my scholarship of the Scripture. One has to know Greek to know the Greek words used in the Greek text of the Scriptures. That is all I said and all I meant. I asked him for information, and made the post in good faith, but it was not received in kind. I simply will not discuss this matter any further.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not standing up for anyone, but I will stand up for all that is good in Christ, Why do you think it was that Jesus stood and wrote in the sand when the women who committed adultry was brought before Him, here where all this people who considred it " right" in there eyes to stone her because that is what the law said, yet Jesus forgave her, i would like to know what happened to the man involved, he was as guilty as she was. Now I have no idea what He wrote but it obviously convicted their hearts. Then there is the phariises, who made up all sorts of rules and regulations that all must live by but they considered themselves above these rules as Jesus continually reminded them. But what was it that Jesus said,

Mar 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The sick, yep that is me, i have a disease called sin, Christ is my healer , my physician, my medicine and He is healing me, as for the rightous, they have no need for HIm, for they have already saved themselves. havnt they.

In His Love

Now put down thoses stones , lest one falls on your toes, It will hurt, believe me.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I am not standing up for anyone, but I will stand up for all that is good in Christ, Why do you think it was that Jesus stood and wrote in the sand when the women who committed adultry was brought before Him, here where all this people who considred it " right" in there eyes to stone her because that is what the law said, yet Jesus forgave her, i would like to know what happened to the man involved, he was as guilty as she was. Now I have no idea what He wrote but it obviously convicted their hearts. Then there is the phariises, who made up all sorts of rules and regulations that all must live by but they considered themselves above these rules as Jesus continually reminded them. But what was it that Jesus said,

Mar 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?
Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The sick, yep that is me, i have a disease called sin, Christ is my healer , my physician, my medicine and He is healing me, as for the rightous, they have no need for HIm, for they have already saved themselves. havnt they.

Now put down thoses stones , lest one falls on your toes, It will hurt, believe me.

We can call sin 'sin', and still be merciful! So stop accusing Chrisitans of bad things when they correct people who don't want sin called 'sin.'

You bring up the woman that was going to be stoned. You left out what Jesus said to her after everyone left.

John 8
[sup]9[/sup] At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. [sup]10[/sup] Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

[sup]11[/sup] “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Did you see that? Jesus told the woman "Go now and leave your life of sin." So why do you get mad at Christians who call sin 'sin'?

See in John 5 what Jesus told the invalid.

John 5

[sup]7[/sup] “Sir,” the invalid replied, “I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me.”

[sup]8[/sup] Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” [sup]9[/sup] At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

The day on which this took place was a Sabbath, [sup]10[/sup] and so the Jewish leaders said to the man who had been healed, “It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat.”

[sup]11[/sup] But he replied, “The man who made me well said to me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’ ”

[sup]12[/sup] So they asked him, “Who is this fellow who told you to pick it up and walk?”

[sup]13[/sup] The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there. [sup]14[/sup] Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” [sup]15[/sup] The man went away and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had made him well.

Did you see that? Jesus told the man "..... Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." So mjrhealth, will you stop falsely accusing Christians when they call sin 'sin'?

Now take your own advice to put down those stones.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We can call sin 'sin', and still be merciful! So stop accusing Chrisitans of bad things when they correct people who don't want sin called 'sin.'

Oh good, so tomorrow we will start a topic on " gossip", and see if it will reach 11 pages... Bet you it doesnt.

In His Love

Reactions: aspen

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Oh good, so tomorrow we will start a topic on " gossip", and see if it will reach 11 pages... Bet you it doesnt.

If the topic of gossip doesn't reach 11 pages....it's probably because there won't be people like you calling gossip okay. And there probably won't be people like you calling Christians bad things for saying gossip is a sin.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the topic of gossip doesn't reach 11 pages....it's probably because there won't be people like you calling gossip okay. And there probably won't be people like you calling Christians bad things for saying gossip is a sin.

Your right, people would quickly denounce it and then continue to engage in the behavior - see that is the problem, everyone is tempted to gossip, only gay people are tempted to engage in homosexual behavior