Christian "gay Bashing"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D Ok if it is God's apartment and the Holy Spirit did not lead me to rent it to a certain person and then the courts force me to then the courts have infringed on my rights to religious freedom. If I were not a believer I should have the right to rent my apartment as I saw fit.

As a believer if I choose to not rent to a homosexual how can you say that I am out of the will of God by not doing so. I might now want that spirit of perversion on my property. You will fight to support this lifestyle to the death. You must be a homosexual.

One other reason to look at a fence separating certain things. Before you go tear it down there might be a bull on the other side.

If God didn't want you to rent to a certain person - He would make sure it didn't happen. I think God over rules any court. I was waiting for you to call me a homosexual - with your prejudice, it was only a matter of time.

"Ok if it is God's apartment and the Holy Spirit did not lead me to rent it to a certain person and then the courts force me to then the courts have infringed on my rights to religious freedom." - aspen

-- But as you said, it is that "certain person's" right to rent it so their rights come before the Christian's.
So what are you complainting about? :D

"As a believer if I choose to not rent to a homosexual how can you say that I am out of the will of God by not doing so. I might now want that spirit of perversion on my property. You will fight to support this lifestyle to the death. You must be a homosexual." - aspen

-- And with that sily tripe I see you really have nothing further to add.
Personally I noticed that was the case several days ago.

I did not make either of those statements - this is the 2nd time you put my name after religusnut's statements.

Renting to a homosexual says that you are in approval. I would not rent to a homosexual just like I would not rent to a prostitute or a drug dealer or a child molester.............

The Bible teaches us to not even give an appearance of evil.

People are more than their behavior and they are more than their sin. I think we are called to look beyond all that like Christ did when he died on the Cross. He didn't die for the act of child molesting he died for the person engaging in that behavior.

religusnut

Oct 19, 2010
Like I have said above and other places Aspen you might be real smart but in many things you are clueless. Like a pig looking at a wristwatch clueless. Bye now gotta run. Got a class to teach. Gotta spread some more hate. I believe that is what you call it. TTYL

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I have said above and other places Aspen you might be real smart but in many things you are clueless. Like a pig looking at a wristwatch clueless. Bye now gotta run. Got a class to teach. Gotta spread some more hate. I believe that is what you call it. TTYL

Well, at least you are here to remind of that, religusnut.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
If it were my apartment why should I be forced to rent it to anybody I did not want to for any reason? If it is mine why can't I choose who I want to rent it to period? That is the problem I see with the loss of liberty. If I am a Muslim, Christian, Atheist, or what ever you fill in the blank, why should I be forced to rent to anybody that comes along when it is MINE. I worked for it. I did what ever I had to do to acquire it. I have to manage it and I have to deal with you if I rent it to you. You can call it anything you want to but it should be a violation of the constitution for anybody to tell me what I have to do with my property.

Nobody is requiring you to do anything with "your" property (as aspen said all property is God's property); nobody told you that you had to rent the apartment, you chose to rent the apartment, and, accordingly, there are rules you have to follow. Your argument is a lot like saying "Nobody can tell me what to do with my property, this restaurant is MINE, the kitchen can be as filthy and disease-ridden as I want, since I worked for this restaurant." Nobody is telling you what to do with the apartment, but they're telling you that, depending on what you choose to do with the apartment, there are rules on how it must be done.

So, if the answer is "none" then there really isn't a problem. That is what they tell Christians all the time when they point out how they are prejudiced against.
After that it becomes more of a 'want' list.

How are Christians prejudiced against in an institutionalized and life-threatening manner? There is a massive difference between not being allowed to put up Christmas decorations at work and your 911 calls being ignored when you are being physically assaulted out of pure hatred. Homosexuals are being denied those things, not by the lettre of the law, but by the practice thereof. When you go to a Hospital, you can assume you will be treated. A gay man can't necessarily make that assumption.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me

You have the right to choose, but the only answer is love, we do not know when we have entertained angels, and we do dot know when God has sent us someone, our hearts misslead us, that is why the way is so narrow.

In His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite of love is selfishness.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"I did not make either of those statements - this is the 2nd time you put my name after religusnut's statements." - aspen

-- You are 100% correct.
I stand bloodied and bowed.

"There is a massive difference between not being allowed to put up Christmas decorations at work and your 911 calls being ignored when you are being physically assaulted out of pure hatred. Homosexuals are being denied those things, not by the lettre of the law, but by the practice thereof. When you go to a Hospital, you can assume you will be treated. A gay man can't necessarily make that assumption." - aspen

-- Gosh, sounds terrible.
Should be easy then to show it is widespread and systematic.
I can hardly wait.

"How are Christians prejudiced against in an institutionalized and life-threatening manner?" - aspen

-- Christians in several nations are facing persecution and death due to their faith. The institutionalized prejudice in the U.S. is growing and will eventually end up in the same place.

One example of what is happening even as we speak:

University: Dump Christian beliefs on homosexuality, or else[font="Palatino][color="#000000"]
[/color][/font][font="Palatino][size="2"]Demands student get re-educated, attend 'pride' event[/size]
[/font]http://www.wnd.com/i...w&pageId=236913

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"There is a massive difference between not being allowed to put up Christmas decorations at work and your 911 calls being ignored when you are being physically assaulted out of pure hatred. Homosexuals are being denied those things, not by the lettre of the law, but by the practice thereof. When you go to a Hospital, you can assume you will be treated. A gay man can't necessarily make that assumption." - aspen

-- Gosh, sounds terrible.
Should be easy then to show it is widespread and systematic.
I can hardly wait.

"How are Christians prejudiced against in an institutionalized and life-threatening manner?" - aspen

-- Christians in several nations are facing persecution and death due to their faith. The institutionalized prejudice in the U.S. is growing and will eventually end up in the same place.

One example of what is happening even as we speak:

University: Dump Christian beliefs on homosexuality, or else[font="Palatino] [/font][font="Times New Roman"][font="Palatino][size="2"]Demands student get re-educated, attend 'pride' event[/size][/font]
[/font]http://www.wnd.com/i...w&pageId=236913

Ok,. I know I didn't make the first statement - and I am pretty sure I didn't make the second one (at least I do not remember saying it) all though I was not able to track it down to make sure.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Both quotes are mine. Given this continued error, and his dismissive tone, I don't feel it will be constructive to continue the debate. We'll have to agree to disagree.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God didn't want you to rent to a certain person - He would make sure it didn't happen. I think God over rules any court. I was waiting for you to call me a homosexual - with your prejudice, it was only a matter of time.

But it does happen Aspen. Christians have been prosecuted for refusing to let property to homosexuals. Their right to religious belief has been well and truly trampled on.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
That has already been addressed in earlier posts, but I'll reiterate in brief. There's a more detailed discussion a little ways back, though.

Housing discrimination is illegal for a lot of reasons. If you don't want to follow the rules for renting "property," you don't have to rent your property. If you don't believe in renting an apartment to homosexuals, you may act in accordance with this belief by simply choosing not to rent the apartment. You still have the freedom to believe what you will, and act upon those beliefs, just not in discrimination against or to the detriment of others.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Housing discrimination is illegal for a lot of reasons. If you don't want to follow the rules for renting "property," you don't have to rent your property. If you don't believe in renting an apartment to homosexuals, you may act in accordance with this belief by simply choosing not to rent the apartment. You still have the freedom to believe what you will, and act upon those beliefs, just not in discrimination against or to the detriment of others.

Not being allowed to rent my apartment because I don't want to rent it homos is discrimination against my right to religious belief as it is passive discrimination.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Again, you don't have to rent your property, homosexuals have to live somewhere. That's the reason the law is the way it is. If a homosexual didn't want to rent his apartment to Christians, s/he'd be in the exact same situation; s/he doesn't have to rent the apartment, you do have to live somewhere. It's easy to say the landlord's freedom as violated if you're the ones being violated when you're inside with heat, but you might have a different opinion if you were the one left out in the cold.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God was as religious as people seem to think He is, there would be no one in heaven because none of us are perfect, not a single one. So if your religious beliefs wont allow you to allow a sinner into your home then why should God allow you into His. Think about it, the choices are not always so easy when you walk with Christ,

In His Love

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
The author of our sinful nature is very clever. He gets us spending endless time debating who can rent an apartment. It takes the focus off what God thinks of Homosexual agenda. Works every time. Very clever.

Pray for wisdom my friends , pray for wisdom.
You are dealing with a clever enemy.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"People are more than their behavior and they are more than their sin. I think we are called to look beyond all that like Christ did when he died on the Cross. He didn't die for the act of child molesting he died for the person engaging in that behavior. " - aspen

-- But you will note that Jesus didn't say "I love you so I embrace all of you, including your sin."
Jesus told them point blank, "Go and sin no more."
He didn't say "I know you were born that way so I accept that you will do as you wish and won't consider it a sin."

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
"People are more than their behavior and they are more than their sin. I think we are called to look beyond all that like Christ did when he died on the Cross. He didn't die for the act of child molesting he died for the person engaging in that behavior. " - aspen

-- But you will not that Jesus didn't say "I love you so I embrace all of you, including your sin."
Jesus told them point blank, "Go and sin no more."
He didn't say "I know you were born that way so I accept that you will do as you wish and won't consider it a sin."

(1 Corinthians 5:11-13) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that. It is not my business to pass judgment on those outside. Of those who are inside, you can surely be the judges. But of those who are outside, God is the judge. You must drive out this evil-doer from among you.”

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God was as religious as people seem to think He is, there would be no one in heaven because none of us are perfect, not a single one. So if your religious beliefs wont allow you to allow a sinner into your home then why should God allow you into His. Think about it, the choices are not always so easy when you walk with Christ,

In His Love

As yet, I have to see anyone complain about letting a sinner into their home. I have had 10 homosexuals in my home before all at the same time.

Again, you don't have to rent your property, homosexuals have to live somewhere. That's the reason the law is the way it is. If a homosexual didn't want to rent his apartment to Christians, s/he'd be in the exact same situation; s/he doesn't have to rent the apartment, you do have to live somewhere. It's easy to say the landlord's freedom as violated if you're the ones being violated when you're inside with heat, but you might have a different opinion if you were the one left out in the cold.

No, unlike you, my principles and beliefs are not determined by the weather. Either it is right or it is wrong to have my right to religious belief denied because someone who does not accept them wants his rights regardless.

A lot of the time this sort of thing is done deliberately to push the boundaries. Last summer a homosexual organisation booked a camp site owned by the Brethren for a sexfest. When the Brethren found out, they politely cancelled their booking. Now, there are hundreds of camp sites they could have booked but no, they had to book this one owned by Christians.

The camp had very clear laid out conditions for the use of the camp, but that didn't bother the judge when the homos took them to court. As far as he was concerned their religious belief was irrelevant because the homos had every right to target that one camp. So their constitutional right was subject to the homos constitutional right. As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As yet, I have to see anyone complain about letting a sinner into their home. I have had 10 homosexuals in my home before all at the same time.

No, unlike you, my principles and beliefs are not determined by the weather. Either it is right or it is wrong to have my right to religious belief denied because someone who does not accept them wants his rights regardless.

A lot of the time this sort of thing is done deliberately to push the boundaries. Last summer a homosexual organisation booked a camp site owned by the Brethren for a sexfest. When the Brethren found out, they politely cancelled their booking. Now, there are hundreds of camp sites they could have booked but no, they had to book this one owned by Christians.

The camp had very clear laid out conditions for the use of the camp, but that didn't bother the judge when the homos took them to court. As far as he was concerned their religious belief was irrelevant because the homos had every right to target that one camp. So their constitutional right was subject to the homos constitutional right. As they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

I think I would have let them camp and had them arrested if they broke decency laws