Christian Meditation and Interfaith Dialog

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeanne-Marie Bouvier de La Motte Guyon | Biography, Quietism, Beliefs, & Facts
Oh goodness.....this is all new to me. Thank you, Gordon!! :)

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jeanne-Marie Bouvier de La Motte Guyon | Biography, Quietism, Beliefs, & Facts

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN :

I have never subscribed to the Quietism,
and I have never espoused the Quietism.

So help me God.

AMEN.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness.....this is all new to me. Thank you, Gordon!! :)
I might add, I was right in the middle of similar foolishness for five years. These 16th century people not only promoted quietism but it led to them to finding ways to sacrifice to come to know the devine But what hides behind it is a destructive spirit that promotes asceticism.
From the book "Out From the Shadow of Other Gods"
Now I was convinced that my dedication to the cause should have proven to God and to men that I was the real thing. I sought for the Savior with abandonment and I let nothing interrupt my pursuit. But, in many ways there was nothing left to stand in the way. I had come out of an eleven-year marriage and had lost the family most dear to me. Within ten months I had also lost a promising career in retail. With nothing to pull me back into a structured lifestyle, I determined to commit myself to the goals of this radical group.

When I say, “radical” I’m not sure I can adequately describe the extremity of their commitment. They started off pretty normal, but over time it seemed as if greater degrees of devotion and sacrifice were required in order to satisfy their view of Christianity. If a person wanted to succeed it meant giving up most of the things that humanity had to offer. Under such a mindset, if you didn't give it away, you burned it or threw it against a cement wall. With every attempt at self-sacrifice came a belief that God would reward our dedication and commitment, but in reality we became very impressed with ourselves and our arrogance was appalling. The deeper Christian walk had taken a turn for the worse as the boundaries to healthy commitment and fellowship were lost.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

FYI, I am not a Catholic, but I simply happen to agree with those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, because it is not a Catholic meditation.

So, assuming that all the four of your above cherry-picked anonymous Catholics would disagree with me agreeing with all those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, then who cares, my dear brother LAMB? :)

Unless your four Bishops and Cardinals : Marymog, BreadOfLife, PhilipJames, and Illuminator, are secret members of the Infallible Holy Catholic Inquisition from the Vatican? :)

Make no mistake, even though I do respect Catholic opinions of your above four cherry-picked anonymous Catholics, it is conceivable that I might simply disagree with them against your hopes and wishes, my dear brother LAMB, because I freely chose to agree with those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, and even the present Pope Francis himself publicly approved of the Catholic-run World Community for Christian Meditation ( WCCM.org ), so your above four cherry-picked four anonymous Catholics could be up against the Pope! :)

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From the book "Out From the Shadow of Other Gods" :

" Now I was convinced that my dedication to the cause should have proven to God and to men that I was the real thing. I sought for the Savior with abandonment and I let nothing interrupt my pursuit. But, in many ways there was nothing left to stand in the way. I had come out of an eleven-year marriage and had lost the family most dear to me. Within ten months I had also lost a promising career in retail. With nothing to pull me back into a structured lifestyle, I determined to commit myself to the goals of this radical group."

Gordon, do you know where can I buy this book : "Out From the Shadow of Other Gods" ??

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God I do not depend on man to solve my problems nor lead me in faith !

Romans 3:4

“God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.”

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog
@BreadOfLife
@Philip James
@Illuminator

FYI, I am not a Catholic, but I simply happen to agree with those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, because it is not a Catholic meditation.

So, assuming that all the four of your above cherry-picked anonymous Catholics would disagree with me agreeing with all those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, then who cares, my dear brother LAMB? :)

Unless your four Bishops and Cardinals : Marymog, BreadOfLife, PhilipJames, and Illuminator, are secret members of the Infallible Holy Catholic Inquisition from the Vatican? :)

Make no mistake, even though I do respect Catholic opinions of your above four cherry-picked anonymous Catholics, it is conceivable that I might simply disagree with them against your hopes and wishes, my dear brother LAMB, because I freely chose to agree with those Catholic priests and monks, who teach the early Christian meditation of self-emptying, and even the present Pope Francis himself publicly approved of the Catholic-run World Community for Christian Meditation ( WCCM.org ), so your above four cherry-picked anonymous Catholics could be up against the Pope! :)

Dr. Jonathan Österman

Jan 5, 2024
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not read motivational writings except the word of God.
I do read spiritual biographies of those whom have been tried and continued to have great faith in God, regardless the trying.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not read motivational writings except the word of God.
I do read spiritual biographies of those whom have been tried and continued to have great faith in God, regardless the trying.

All the books rely upon a biblical view of deliverance which takes place at the Cross and is tied to what we experienced in salvation. I simply provide self help insights to where we remain stuck in faith, or subject to spiritual interference and remain divided in mind.

If you had an “OFF switch” how many ways would you want to use it?
From what attitudes and actions would you want to escape? How many bad choices or agreements would you want to leave behind? How many ways would you want to separate from improper ownership, obligation or faulty thinking?

The Cross of Christ is a big “OFF switch” for wherever we remain stuck in the world.

Last edited: