Christian nobody who is bored, depressed, tired, scared, worried, mislead, unsure, and just trying t

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
So That is me, What am I supposed to do with my life? I am a Christian who repents every day all day, and I keep the values close to me, never forgetting about God in my daily life, but i gotta say, I am just waiting to be taken at this point. Sure i do my part online for God, you know preaching online, So at least im doing something but I still never go out, dont have anything but family, and they are busy all the time. I just want to sleep and let God take me out of here, and no one really understands my situation really so why am i even saying this here? Its worth a shot

Any advice?

Levi

May 30, 2013
There is now no condemnation for those in Christ, so what you are carrying is your own made up guilt.

It sounds like satan has you oppressed to the point you are out of commission.

A man with wisdom once told me that if you want changes in your life, you've got to be the initiator. God isn't going to do it for you nor is anyone else. You just have to start doing things differently. If you wake up and get on-line right away - don't, if you spend all day playing video games - don't. Do the opposite of what your natural body and mind tell you to do. Of course, you need to ask God for strength and courage to do so.

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Hello. I understand. I'll get right to it.

So That is me.

No, it's not. That is what YOU are experiencing. You are experiencing boredom, depression, fatigue, fear, worry, etc. You are not that. All that stuff and the 1000 other things left unsaid in your title are the Old Man of Sin. That old man can't be fixed or reformed. That is the false self. If any man is to come after Jesus, he need deny his self. That is not you. That is what need be crucified. You are not that. Stop identifying with it.

What am I supposed to do with my life?

Lay it down. That life that you are trying to fix need be laid down. Stop trying to fix it. Stop trying to make it into an acceptable narrative. Lay it down, let it go. You can have the life of your title or you can let it go and partake of the divine Life.

I am a Christian who repents every day all day

I'd guess you are doing some kind of repentance taught to you by religion. Drop that. Repent literally means 'change of mind'. There is the mind of Christ in you. And then there is the common, mundane mind you've used every day of your life that produces what you speak of in your title. Stop listening to and believing and identifying with what that mind is telling you. You are not that. You are not your thoughts. That egoic mind is enmity against God and is a millstone around your neck. Be still and listen for the intuitive still small voice that can be heard when the mentation of the natural 5-sense mind is silent.

Right now you are centered in that discursive thought machine. Repentance means leaving that carnal (informed by the 5 senses) mind behind and being centered in a new place: in the heart, in Christ, in the kingdom of God. It's a whole different consciousness than the old man of sin consciousness. The mind of Christ can be the source and inform all that you do and are.

I just want to sleep

You, the real you, longs for rest which is found when you abide in Christ. It longs for peace. It longs for re-union with the Father.

++++++++++++++++
You have to realize these things for yourself in order for this to have any effect.

Here's an exercise: Sit in a quiet place, close your eyes and do nothing for 5 minutes. Be still. No thinking, no nothing. Just observe what happens, especially mentally. You could take away at least two things from this exercise.
1. You are observing mentation. You are not the thoughts, you are observing them. You can choose to identify with that blah-blah-blah in the head. Or you can come up higher.
2. When the mind is quiet, where is the "scared, worried, mislead, unsure"??? They don't exist. "Scared, worried, mislead, unsure" only "exist" when the carnal mind is active and telling you this is how things are, this is what you are. Stop believing the lies. You are not that.

Take no thought. Be still. Know thyself.

Reactions: dragonfly

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried life for a while as a loner kind of guy and it led me to depression,
feelings of disconnection from the human race, feeling that I was
expendable, feelings of uselessness, feelings of despair, negativity, and
dark thoughts of suicide. So: I suggest that you do what I did: find a big
church that hosts a big singles group, and get in it. You'll be uncomfortable
at first, but after a while you'll get used to it; and best of all, you'll eventually
make some friends; and those friends will give you a sense of belonging that
you can't get anywhere else.

†. Gen 2:18 . . And the Lord God said: It is not good that the man should be
alone

That applies not just to marriage; but to other kinds of relationships too;
even to just hanging out. You know, Ringo Starr had it right: your life can be
a whole lot better with a little help from some friends.

Buen Camino
/

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Inmate said:
So That is me, What am I supposed to do with my life? I am a Christian who repents every day all day, and I keep the values close to me, never forgetting about God in my daily life, but i gotta say, I am just waiting to be taken at this point. Sure i do my part online for God, you know preaching online, So at least im doing something but I still never go out, dont have anything but family, and they are busy all the time. I just want to sleep and let God take me out of here, and no one really understands my situation really so why am i even saying this here? Its worth a shot

Any advice?

[SIZE=medium]I know exactly how you feel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Life is all about making choices and forming ones character so that he or she can handle the job that person is created for. The reason why you feel like there is nothing left is because your character is near completion or complete.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Yes, we will have jobs, difficult and with great responsibilities jobs for some. If you expect to spend all eternity sitting on the cloud and playing on the harp you have big surprise coming![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It all going back to Millennial Kingdom and what you believe it to be. From what I know it is going to be literal 1000 years and righteous will rule the wicked. It is not going to be easy rule either.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Everything that happened, everything that did not happen to you is to form your character into an exact fit for the job.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Do not worry wait is going to be short. I am not in business of predicting dates but I do believe that wait is going to be short.[/SIZE]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Inmate said:

Any advice?
Hello inmate!
How old are you now? 17?
You have the world ahead of you and you should be excited....why not just go out and get yourself involved in a Church body and in your community. Most young people in my country are sport orientated....are you interested in sport? You need to be connecting with young people around your own age like in a Christian youth group and then go on from there. It just takes you to make the decision.

Here are your choices:
You can stay where you are, sit on your hands and complain about it or you can get up and go!!!! You may be a little shy? but don't let that stop you from changing your life for the good. God did not create us to be alone. He created us as social creatures...so go and do...

Bless you!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Inmate said:

Any advice?

=========================================
SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY BUT
st paul does read Pauls letter about how very content he was while in prision .

he says its all about who you have (Jesus) not what you have ..

i never been in prison but paul was many times and for long lengths of time of course you know the last time he was IN PRISION he was waiting a long time perhaps many years to be executed.. THAT WAS WHEN HE WROTE about being content .

here is a starting point of scripture for your examionation

from prision waiting to be executed
Philippians chapter 4:11

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in training to be kings and priests under the the teachings of Jesus Christ. One day, we will rule everything with the power of the Word of God. I sympathize with you, but I don't get the concept of "bored". You have much to study and the curriculum is pretty interesting.

I can understand tired and depressed, but only from the concept that one day we will reign, and I don't like waiting! Suffer the light affliction for yet a while. 70 years on earth is nothing compared to an eternity of reign. Spend your time wisely on earth learning his Word.

Scared and worried I also undestand... but tribulation and trials are going to come.... Put on your helmet!

Now if you are mislead.... Leave! Don't be mislead! If you realize you are mislead, what are you staying for? And that should take care of being unsure.

If you are waiting to be taken, then "be taken".... I know... You are waiting for the rapture...Be raptured in your mind first!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Inmate said:

Any advice?
Preaching online? To whom? Do people ask you to preach to them?

vptech13

Apr 26, 2011
What about the Christian that gives in to these dark feelings of depression and hopelessness, and takes his own life?

Not all of us can react like Job did when life comes crashing down around us and there seems to be no way out.

Will the Lord still receive him as one of his own?

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
vptech

Of course the Lord will recieve him as His own, because he is His own. We are 'real' children of God by birth. Not by actions.

Quantrill

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Quantrill,

I must disagree on a point. While the real children of God are known by God even before they are born through his omniscience, that is not what makes them the Children of God. It is through faith in Jesus Christ and obedience to the Spirit of God that makes one a Child of God. John 1:12 Romans 8:14 Galatians 3:26.

Regarding Suicide I don't believe it carries a mandatory sentence for condemnation as is the common misconception. Through you know it must be against the Spirit of God to do such a thing. So the question concerning the individual should be: Would suicide be a momentary lapse in obedience to the Spirit or the culmination of a life lived without the Spirit of God.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
lforrest

The exercise of faith is obedience to the Spirit. That is not a work or action, as one has faith only because God has given it to him to believe.

One becomes born-again through this exercise of faith. Born-again meaning you are a real child of God as your spirit is born again by God's Spirit. God is really your Father.

You as a child of God, will still sin. But your sin does not mean you are not a child of God. You as a child of God may take your own life, which can be a sin. But that does not mean you are not a child of God.

God will recieve His children because they are His children.

Quantrill

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Quantrill said:
lforrest

The exercise of faith is obedience to the Spirit. That is not a work or action, as one has faith only because God has given it to him to believe.

One becomes born-again through this exercise of faith. Born-again meaning you are a real child of God as your spirit is born again by God's Spirit. God is really your Father.

You as a child of God, will still sin. But your sin does not mean you are not a child of God. You as a child of God may take your own life, which can be a sin. But that does not mean you are not a child of God.

God will recieve His children because they are His children.

Quantrill
I believe what Quantrill is saying is this:

A person who is one of God's adopted earthly children (as a result of saving faith in Messiah Jesus) isn't going to spend eternity separated from God (or be thrown in the lake of fire) because that person committed suicide.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Dodo_David said:

A person who is one of God's adopted earthly children (as a result of saving faith in Messiah Jesus) isn't going to spend eternity separated from God (or be thrown in the lake of fire) because that person committed suicide.
yea, it appears there is no disagreement afterall

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Inmate said:

Any advice?
You remind me of Elijah,he wanted to die,so God took him up to heaven.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
Dodo_David said:

That one of God's children will not go to the lake of fire for committing suicide, is what I was saying.

I disagree that we as the children of God are adopted. We are not adopeted, we are born of His Spirit. We are real children fo God. Of Him. HIs Spirit and nature and genetics is in us. Adoption in the Scriptures pertains to the adult son placement of us as believers.

Quantrill