Christians and the Law of Moses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have been through this before; so I say this more on behalf of the ones whom you might be deceiving with your statements as it seems that no amount of pointing out the truth will be able to reach you.

Clearly, in Galatians 3:23, those who have been born again were previously kept under the law, before faith came. And those who have been born again at this point are both Jews and Gentiles. Paul is specifically writing this letter to a Gentile church and exhorting them not to follow after the Judaizers into legalism.

Secondly, in Romans 3:19-20, it should be clear that all the world will become guilty before God because of what is written in the law. What the law says (in Romans 3:10-18) it says to those who are under it; and Gentiles are not exempt according to the context in Romans 3:9. But the church of God is exempt (compare 1 Corinthians 10:32).
Yes I know you read the bible I get it, but you are still wrong. If you want teh law to judge you be my guest.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We won't be judged by our obedience to the law. We will be judged by Jesus' obedience. We are accepted in Him. And Jesus, through the ministry of His Spirit, grants us by grace to partake of the Divine nature. This union of the Divine with the human empowers us the same way it empowered Jesus, this enables us also to walk as He walked.
Our obedience to God's commandments is a reflection of our relationship with Him. He that loves Me keeps My commandments.
KJV Proverbs 28
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Just a reminder, before you'll say, he thinks he's saved because of obedience to the law,
you would be right!! But not mine... Jesus.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We won't be judged by our obedience to the law. We will be judged by Jesus' obedience. We are accepted in Him. And Jesus, through the ministry of His Spirit, grants us by grace to partake of the Divine nature. This union of the Divine with the human empowers us the same way it empowered Jesus, this enables us also to walk as He walked.
Our obedience to God's commandments is a reflection of our relationship with Him. He that loves Me keeps My commandments.
KJV Proverbs 28
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Just a reminder, before you'll say, he thinks he's saved because of obedience to the law,
you would be right!! But not mine... Jesus.
Yes they Love, that is how one is know as His disciple. Jesus walked in Love because Like God He is Love.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they Love, that is how one is know as His disciple. Jesus walked in Love because Like God He is Love.
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. :)

Reactions: mjrhealth

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep Love....
Yep, love fulfils the law. And I guess the best way to convince yourself that you truly love God and your neighbor is to not read the Bible. Read the Bible... Read the law... And one might be quickly informed that the extent and depth and breadth of his love isn't quite what he thought.
The shalt love the Lord the God... How much?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep, love fulfils the law. And I guess the best way to convince yourself that you truly love God and your neighbor is to not read the Bible. Read the Bible... Read the law... And one might be quickly informed that the extent and depth and breadth of his love isn't quite what he thought.
The shalt love the Lord the God... How much?
Enough that you will walk away from mens religions and mens doctrines and follow after Him, If you new His love you woudnt be doing such a foolish things as trying to keep the law that only He could do. He never put that on you. you and your religion did.

[MKJV] Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.

but the law is your badge of honor you wear proudly on your chest.

Luke5:37 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskin will perish.
38 But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved together.
39 Also no one having drunk old wine immediately desires new, for he says, The old is better.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know you read the bible I get it, but you are still wrong. If you want teh law to judge you be my guest.
You're not catching what I'm saying.

Your pov translates into Gentiles being saved simply because they are Gentiles. It is only the church that is not under the law.

Both Gentiles and Jews are condemned by the law if they are not in Christ. They are found guilty before God because the standard of the law is what they will be judged by, whether they were given the law or not. If they were not given the law, they still have their consciences; and the Bible teaches that through the conscience, even Gentiles who do not have the law are a law unto themselves. Therefore those Gentiles who do not behave according to conscience also violate the law and will be judged by the standard that the Lord has set forth, in His law.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enough that you will walk away from mens religions and mens doctrines and follow after Him, If you new His love you woudnt be doing such a foolish things as trying to keep the law that only He could do. He never put that on you. you and your religion did.

Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.

Luke5:37 And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskin will perish.
38 But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved together.
39 Also no one having drunk old wine immediately desires new, for he says, The old is better.
See Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Galatians 5:14, Hebrews 13:8-10.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're not catching what I'm saying.

Your pov translates into Gentiles being saved simply because they are Gentiles. It is only the church that is not under the law.

Both Gentiles and Jews are condemned by the law if they are not in Christ. They are found guilty before God because the standard of the law is what they will be judged by, whether they were given the law or not. If they were not given the law, they still have their consciences; and the Bible teaches that through the conscience, even Gentiles who do not have the law are a law unto themselves. Therefore those Gentiles who do not behave according to conscience also violate the law and will be judged by the standard that the Lord has set forth, in His law.
Yes you will go around this circle,,

John12:44 But Jesus cried out and said, He who believes on Me does not believe on Me but on Him who sent Me.
45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
46 I have come as a Light into the world, so that whoever believes on Me should not remain in darkness.
47 And if any one hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him, for I do not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has one who judges him; the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My understanding is that 'you will know them by their fruits'. Well you tell me what fruits there are that are not covered in the Ten Commandments, the ones you are so keen to run down and dismiss as no longer applicable???

If commandments had any power to justify you, save you, redeem you, or make you acceptable to God, then Jesus could have stayed in Heaven.
Guess what....
The LAW cannot make you RIGHTEOUS.
If you are not made righteous, you will go to hell like a bullet after you die and then end up in the Lake of Fire and stay.

The purpose of the Law, is to show you how horrible you are, so that you will turn to God and let Him make you clean with the Blood of Jesus.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you will go around this circle,,

John12:44 But Jesus cried out and said, He who believes on Me does not believe on Me but on Him who sent Me.
45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
46 I have come as a Light into the world, so that whoever believes on Me should not remain in darkness.
47 And if any one hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him, for I do not come to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has one who judges him; the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

And you need to realize that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same God.

So, the word that He has spoken is also the law of the Old Testament.

It will truly judge you on the last day; of that you can be certain.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you need to realize that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same God.

So, the word that He has spoken is also the law of the Old Testament.

It will truly judge you on the last day; of that you can be certain.
No kidding, God never changed He is and always will be God, never bending to mens will.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
I didn't say that. ^^^^^

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
I didn't say that. ^^^^^
No all you do is come and put burdens on mens backs. You love your religion and you must be obedient to it, why not leave it for Christ.

Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

I never said that, you going to keep tempting God...

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Why dont you leave your religion for Christ sake, you get a much better deal.

Luk 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Luk 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
Luk 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

everyone finds an excuse not to, usually religion.