Christians are not sinners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be a "partaker" is to be a BELIEVER, whose "faith is counted as righteousness".
This is not the same as a person who TASTE's the call of God.

To Taste is not the same as to partake.

Its like this..
Every Sunday in 10,000 churches, the Holy Spirit is moving on hearts, in the congregation.
They are hearing the word and the Holy Spirit is revealing to their heart that they need to TRUST IN CHRIST and be saved.
They are tasting this truth but they they resist and keeping sitting there for 20-40 yrs......tasting, tasting, tasting, every Sunday on their way to hell.

If they will BELIEVE then God makes them a partaker of the Holy Spirit, and Christ comes to live in them, as born again.
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit...

They were both tasters and partakers.

It's amazing what foolishness and open hypocrisy a hearer-only will come up with to justify themselves.

I don't believe they actually read what is written in Scripture, but rather just skim over it to find something they like to think good of themselves.

They tasted the heavenly gift, which is the faith of Jesus that saves the soul.

Tasting is eating in part. Partaking is eating part of.

Scripture didn't say they licked it, nor did they taste and spit it out.

To be a "partaker" is to be a BELIEVER, whose "faith is counted as righteousness".

A BELIEVER is a DOER. And a believer-only is not a doer. And their faith-only counts as nothing with God.

If they will BELIEVE then God makes them a partaker of the Holy Spirit, and Christ comes to live in them, as born again.

IF we will OBEY God, then He will come in and sup with us. Opening the door is obeying the voice. BELIEVING without obeying and opening is going on still supping with the devil as hearers of His knocking only.

Only them that obey Him have eaten His flesh and have His life in themselves, and only them that keep obeying Him continue in His life:

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Only until we obey His word, is His word buried deep in our hearts, and we are born of His word to do His will.

BELIEVERS-ONLY have only the memory and echo of His word between their ears, which is why they know nothing of the truth of His word, and wrestle with it all the time to justify themselves unto destruction.

BELEIVERS-ONLY are sinners who have heard and talk about the One knocking, while going on still in their devilish lives of sins and trespasses.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which explains why hearing only sinners will not hear what the Spirit saith to the churches, since they have not the Spirit of truth, not being born of the word of truth in their hearts.

The perfect seed of Christ in Scripture is snatched right out of their hearts, everytime they hear it and refuse to obey it with a pure heart.

These lust and sin hearers only do keep the devil's fowls busy indeed. There must be a legion of them on hand at any given moment of the day.

Keep up the good fight Mr Sir.

You ever see the movie 'To Sir With Love'?

I am not sure, I am somewhat familiar with it, definitely love the song. I am kind of like Henry Fonda in On Golden Pond speaking about the book Treasure Island, although he had read it many times he said it would be all new to him. I forget movies quickly, and it has been at least 20 yrs since I have seen it, I know Sidney Poitier starred in it, and I am remembering he was a teacher, and not 100% sure about that.

You are very accurate about what happens, I like that illustration Jesus gave, really explains a lot because it is so hard to figure out why some people seem to have no comprehension when dealing with the Bible especially. Thanks for your kind words Rob.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Not my OP, but for myself I would say;
The Converted IN Christ are Forgiven sinners and sin no more.

Glory to God,
Taken

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Not my OP, but for myself I would say;
The Converted IN Christ are Forgiven sinners and sin no more.

Glory to God,
Taken
Amen.

The main point of the thread is that of what we are in deed and in truth, and so what we ought call ourselves.

If we are indeed cleansed of sins and pure of heart by the Spirit of God, then we ought not call ourselves what God does not, sinners, but rather rightfully call ourselves what God does: Saints and sons of God.

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Those going on still int he sins and trepsasses certainly oguht be calling themselves sinners and trespassers and need to repent of them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

The main point of the thread is that of what we are in deed and in truth, and so what we ought call ourselves.

If we are indeed cleansed of sins and pure of heart by the Spirit of God, then we ought not call ourselves what God does not, sinners, but rather rightfully call ourselves what God does: Saints and sons of God.

True, and another son of God, ie another saint will understand they are speaking with a brother.

However on the other hand MEN without wisdom, without conversion, without understanding, running around accusing men of sinning against “them”... haven’t a clue what made one a saint and son of God....in brief...Gods got me covered.

Those going on still int he sins and trepsasses certainly oguht be calling themselves sinners and trespassers and need to repent of them.

One mans exercise of freewill differs from another. Such is the natural man.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit...

They were both tasters and partakers.

It's amazing what foolishness and open hypocrisy a hearer-only will come up with to justify themselves.

I don't believe they actually read what is written in Scripture, but rather just skim over it to find something they like to think good of themselves.

They tasted the heavenly gift, which is the faith of Jesus that saves the soul.

Tasting is eating in part. Partaking is eating part of.

Scripture didn't say they licked it, nor did they taste and spit it out.

A BELIEVER is a DOER. And a believer-only is not a doer. And their faith-only counts as nothing with God.

IF we will OBEY God, then He will come in and sup with us. Opening the door is obeying the voice. BELIEVING without obeying and opening is going on still supping with the devil as hearers of His knocking only.

Only them that obey Him have eaten His flesh and have His life in themselves, and only them that keep obeying Him continue in His life:

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Only until we obey His word, is His word buried deep in our hearts, and we are born of His word to do His will.

BELIEVERS-ONLY have only the memory and echo of His word between their ears, which is why they know nothing of the truth of His word, and wrestle with it all the time to justify themselves unto destruction.

BELEIVERS-ONLY are sinners who have heard and talk about the One knocking, while going on still in their devilish lives of sins and trespasses.

The TASTING, is speaking of a man...trying out the Word of God.
The PARTAKING, is Gods Blessing of being WITH a man that IS TASTING.

A man can Stop Tasting at ANY Time. Spit the Word of God out of his mouth.
The Partaking of Gods Spirit Blessing that man, being WITH that man then ceases.

That completely changes when a man EATS the Word of God.
The Partaking of Gods Spiritual Blessing become “IN” that man,
Changing the whole situation, that FOREVER God will be “WITH” that man.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert,

As long as we can be honest and truthful,

As a Christian, in my five years worth of being a short lived and learned Christian, is that Gods grace by the forgiveness of the Sins due to the death of Christ Jesus on the cross, knowing what that what he has done for you, will I believe change a persons heart.

Following God and if one walks in the spirit of Christ, and the Holy Ghost of God that raised Jesus from the dead, they won’t have the natural proclivity to sin if they are walking in the heavenly.

Our natural proclivities due pop up from time to time, whatever that may be for an individual only they know. Sin is missing the mark as mentioned before, Jesus Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all that believe on him and his name.

Our natural proclivities are to hate, be greedy, lie to cover up hidden truths, people get envious and jealous, mean and talk down to others, I’m guilty of sinning. It’s not good to use the flesh to act on sin. (You’ll just receive problems going and chasing after whatever that sin or desire of lust may be.)

Praise God for him giving the gift of a new heart and a new spirit and a new creature a new born again son or daughter of God by the spirit.

Paul in fact just like Jesus talked about; talked about how one is to become dead to sin, dead from missing the mark, and allowing (if you walk by the spirit) God in and through you by the spirit of Christ to come through and bestow heavenly gifts to the others around you.

Praise be to God for his grace and the grace of the Lord Jesus.

In kindness, love, peace, grace, mercy, of Christ,

Matthew Gallagher
knowing what that what he has done for you, will I believe change a persons heart.

It can change a person's opinion, but not a heart.

Agreeing with the gospel is not obeying the gospel. When we obey the gospel to purify our hearts by His faith, then we have a new and clean heart to love God wholly.

Following God and if one walks in the spirit of Christ, and the Holy Ghost of God that raised Jesus from the dead, they won’t have the natural proclivity to sin if they are walking in the heavenly.

I.e. them that walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh, no longer obey sin to do the lust thereof.

Our natural proclivities are to...I’m guilty of sinning.

Since you acknowledge the truth of not doing the sins of the flesh by walking after the Spirit, then your own words condemn you in also acknowledging you are still one of the sinners of the world walking after the flesh, and not after the Spirit, therefore:

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

With a newly cleansed and pure heart partaking of the divine nature, we cease to be drawn of the lust of the world into doing the old man's 'natural proclivities', which is the agreeable sinners' way of downgrading sins of the flesh from unrighteousness and ungodliness of the devil, to 'proclivities' of the flesh.

Praise God for him giving the gift of a new heart and a new spirit and a new creature a new born again son or daughter of God by the spirit.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

To them that believe Him, He gives power to obey Him and purify our hearts to become His sons.

Until we do so with the power He gives, we are not yet become His sons, but remain agreeable sinners of the world only. Hearing and agreeing with God is not hearing and obeying God.

When we use His power to purify our hearts from lust of the world and our hands from sins and trespasses of the world, then we can praise Him with a pure heart:

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Until we do so, we are agreers only, and to praise Him for Being who He is, does nothing to change the heart.

Opinions change by agreeing with the faith, but hearts only change by obeying the faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And faith only comes by hearing the word of God,

God bless,
Matthew Gallagher

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And faith only comes by hearing the word of God,

God bless,
Matthew Gallagher
And being born of the faith only comes by obeying the faith:

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Until then, the power of the Spirit is available to them that agree with the faith, but is not given until they obey the faith in the heart:

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Sinners are the pure in heart, because there is no pure in heart with lust of the world:

And what concord hath Christ with Belial?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How wonderful it is for the individual to seek the things of God in the Bible. The Bible is the only helpful tool on earth to help renew the mind. It is a gift that has so much information to learn about God, and Jesus Christ and form a connection and relationship with God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having information to agree with is good. Obeying Him is better and blessed:

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

Sinners shall not stand int he congregation of the righteous.

Agreeing with Bible information, as with hearers only, is nothing to God, until we obey Him in the heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are those who keep his commandments the Bible says, what are his commandments? To hav faith, an To Love God and to love others.

to bless those who curse you, to pray for those who persecute you, to pray for those who despitefully use you, to forgive others just as the Lord has forgiven you, to strive to walk by the spirit which causes love from God to flow through from above by the Holy Spirit that indwells you.

Help the widows and the orphans.
Do not pay back evil for evil,
Pray never ceasing.

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are those who keep his commandments the Bible says, what are his commandments? To hav faith, an To Love God and to love others.

to bless those who curse you, to pray for those who persecute you, to pray for those who despitefully use you, to forgive others just as the Lord has forgiven you, to strive to walk by the spirit which causes love from God to flow through from above by the Holy Spirit that indwells you.

Help the widows and the orphans.
Do not pay back evil for evil,
Pray never ceasing.

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
Blessed are those who keep his commandments the Bible says

At all times Scripture says.

What are his commandments? To hav faith, an To Love God and to love others.

To love God with all the heart, which is with a pure heart only.

And so, do you have a pure heart to love God with a whole heart and call upon Him out of a pure heart?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees my heart.

He sees all hearts.

God is a searcher of the heart my brother, Derrick.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about those who are pure in heart, they will see Gods working in their life as they have their relationship with him through time. They will see God in the things they do either by the Holy Spirit, or by others who may have done something that could have been the spirit which was lead for them to do by God as long as it is in guidelines of the things the spirit produces. That is my thought on how that works. It may be wrong to some.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees my heart.

He sees all hearts.

God is a searcher of the heart my brother, Derrick.
No one said you had to answer the question. It's your heart. You can do with it what you want.

That is my thought on how that works.

I can see that. Did you ever consider letting scripture tell you how the things of God works?

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The TASTING, is speaking of a man...trying out the Word of God.

A man can Stop Tasting at ANY Time. Spit the Word of God out of his mouth.
The Partaking of Gods Spirit Blessing that man, being WITH that man then ceases.

That completely changes when a man EATS the Word of God.
The Partaking of Gods Spiritual Blessing become “IN” that man,
Changing the whole situation, that FOREVER God will be “WITH” that man.

There is no part-partaking in Scripture.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost.

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The PARTAKING, according to Scripture, is God's blessing of precious promises for a man that is escaped from lust of the world.

There is no tasting nor partaking of God by hearing with dead faith alone.

We either eat of Him or we don't. God doesn't let man take a taste of Him. God doesn't show anyone that He is tasty.

That's carnal minded theology.

When we taste of the Lord and see that He is good, we do so by eating of His word.

Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, which is tasting it, and it was enough for transgression unto death.

When we eat of God, it is tasting of Him, and it is enough to have life from Him.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

God preserves the souls of His saints, not His sinners.

God has no sinners to preserve.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no part-partaking in Scripture.

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost.

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

The PARTAKING, according to Scripture, is God's blessing of precious promises for a man that is escaped from lust of the world.

Disagree.

There is no tasting nor partaking of God by hearing with dead faith alone.

We either eat of Him or we don't. God doesn't let man take a taste of Him. God doesn't show anyone that He is tasty.

That's carnal minded theology.

Disagree.

Hearing is the BEGINNING of faith.
Continue ...Faith Increases.
Walk away...Fall from Faith
....Remember Judas Iscariot...was called ...followed...Heard...was learning...was receiving blessings from God...
Then was convinced by influence of men OF the world to sway Away From Jesus...AND...Judas Chose to Walk Away.
^ That is being enlightened.
^ That is Receiving Faith for hearing.
^ That is Receiving blessings from God.
^ That is Tasting.
^ And in a nut shell...Spitting out of his mouth...the Word of God...rejecting Christ Jesus...
No he did not receive the Promise of Salvation...Because the Promise Is expressly given According to Gods Way...EATING the Word of God!
Not tasting the Word, rolling it around in ones mouth and spitting it out.

When we taste of the Lord and see that He is good, we do so by eating of His word.

Tasting and Eating are Two completely Different things.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree.

Disagree.

Hearing is the BEGINNING of faith.
Continue ...Faith Increases.
Walk away...Fall from Faith
....Remember Judas Iscariot...was called ...followed...Heard...was learning...was receiving blessings from God...
Then was convinced by influence of men OF the world to sway Away From Jesus...AND...Judas Chose to Walk Away.
^ That is being enlightened.
^ That is Receiving Faith for hearing.
^ That is Receiving blessings from God.
^ That is Tasting.
^ And in a nut shell...Spitting out of his mouth...the Word of God...rejecting Christ Jesus...
No he did not receive the Promise of Salvation...Because the Promise Is expressly given According to Gods Way...EATING the Word of God!
Not tasting the Word, rolling it around in ones mouth and spitting it out.

Hearing is the BEGINNING of faith. Continue ...Faith Increases. Walk away...Fall from Faith

Lot of talk about hearing and learning, but nothing about doing and obeying.

We ever-learn and never come to the knowledge of the truth, because it's all about learning, not about obeying and doing.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Only when we do the truth, do we ever know and love the truth to do:

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

We know the truth of Scripture by doing it and obeying the gospel. And so we also know what is knowledge only, and that it is not effectual unto salvation and justification of God.

Christian sinners are hearers that agree in all things, but do not obey in all things. They are forever learning more and more to agree with, but never anything to obey with a pure heart.

And in a nut shell...Spitting out of his mouth...the Word of God...rejecting Christ Jesus...

Spitting out is an addition to the Scripture to justify a doctrine. If Scripture wanted to distinguish between eating some and spitting out, God would have done so, even as with Jesus who tasted of the vinegar, but would not drink thereof.

And there is no such partaking of, which is of partnership and fellowship, as it is elsewhere in Scripture.

They can be. But not tasting and partaking in Scripture. Partaking proves the eating of tasting.

The doctrine is false for the sake of unconditional salvation with need of justification by works.