Christians are not under the New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t we Christians have to abide by the Old testament and the New Testament, which is Jesus created the new law for us Christians to follow and not the Mosaic law?
Precious friend:

(1)
We don't "abide by the Old Testament"; the Law is for the UNrighteous
to bring THEM To CHRIST! (1 Timothy 1:9; Galatians 3:24)

(2) Neither are we, The Body Of CHRIST "under The New
Covenant, which Is For ISRAEL, In the future!" see #279

(3) We, The Body Of CHRIST "fulfill ALL The Law In ONE Word:
LOVE, Under God's GRACE!" (Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10)

Reactions: charity

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians sometimes ask “Do the 10 commandments apply to us, or were they just for the Israelites?” The answer is no they do not apply to us, and yes they do!

A summary of the Sinaitic Law is “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matthew 22:37-40). Jesus kept, and fulfilled, the Law Covenant by his death. By willingly sacrificing himself so that he should become man’s redeemer (which only he could do as he was the only perfect man since Adam), he was fulfilling the Law which declares that all under it must love God more than they love themselves, and that therefore they would so delight to do God’s will that they would gladly sacrifice their own will, and even their own life. It is declared that Jesus gave up his life joyfully – “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart” (Psalms 40:8).

Jesus said, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil” (Matthew 5:17). The old Sinaitic Law Covenant was fulfilled by Jesus, and is therefore no more in effect. The Apostle Paul said, “In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away” (Hebrew 8:13). Paul also said “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster” (Galations 4:24-25).

The New Covenant, or Testament, has not yet gone into effect, so far as the world is concerned. The Law associated with the New Covenant will be the same unchanging Law of God, which declares divine opposition to sin, and divine favour and blessing for the righteous. This Law will be in effect during the Millennial age, when allowances will be made for mankind’s imperfections as they are gradually restored to human perfection. Thus it is written “This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: … and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more” (Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:33-34). (This will be part of the “restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began” - Acts 3:21). The New Covenant is a covenant of forgiveness, blessing and restitution.

So the Law Covenant has been fulfilled and cancelled by Jesus and the New Covenant will be in operation during the Millennial age, but what of the interim? Is there any covenant in operation, and is there any law connected with it?

During the interim Gospel age God is selecting the members of the New Creation (the body of Christ), and a covenant is now in force, and it has a law. The Apostle Paul tells us that the Law “was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made” (Galatians 3:19). Therefore the Law Covenant given at Sinai was an addition to a previous covenant, and looking back we see that the Abrahamic Covenant was the original one, and that it had stood for 430 years before the Law Covenant was added - “the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect” (Galatians 3:17).

Therefore we see that when our Lord Jesus fulfilled the Law Covenant it left the original Abrahamic Covenant, just as it was before the Law was added, and this is the covenant under which the New Creation is being developed. The Abrahamic promise or Covenant was that “in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 28:14). The Apostle explained that this seed refers to Christ - “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16), and added, “And if ye be Christ's, [if you become members in particular of the body of Christ] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).

Thus Christians are not under the Sinai or Law Covenant, so what law are we under? The Apostle said “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:14). However, this does not mean that we can willingly disobey the Sinaitic Law. When we became Christians we repented of our sinful ways, meaning we regretted them and changed direction, turning away from them (Strong’s concordance describes ‘repent’ as meaning “to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins”). Therefore, having turned away from our sinful ways, we should be trying to not sin, and as disobeying the Law covenant would be a sin we should be trying to obey the Law Covenant, even if we are no longer condemned under it if we fail to keep it completely.

When we consecrated our lives to God, we declared our love for God and his righteousness, and we became bound by the Law of Love. Our hope according to God’s promises is to become adopted sons of God (“he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”, Ephesians 1:5, NIV), which means that we need to develop God likeness, and God is love. “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love” (1 John 4:8).

Jesus said, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets” (Matthew 22:37-40). He also said “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15), and “the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me” (John 14:24). So if we love God and Jesus we should try to obey God’s commandments and laws. “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous” (1 John 5:3).

Therefore, having been redeemed from condemnation due to sin, we should now be continually striving to live according to God’s righteous laws (even though we may not be able to succeed completely while still living in our imperfect human bodies). As the Apostle Paul said, “What then? Are we to sin, because we are not under the law but under grace? Of course not!” “We died to sin: how can we live in it any longer?” “We know that our old humanity has been crucified with Christ, for the destruction of the sinful self, so that we may no longer be slaves to sin, because death cancels the claims of sin. But if we thus died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him, knowing as we do that Christ, once raised from the dead, is never to die again: he is no longer under the dominion of death. When he died, he died to sin, once for all, and now that he lives, he lives to God. In the same way you must regard yourselves as dead to sin and alive to God, in union with Christ Jesus. Therefore sin must no longer reign in your mortal body, exacting obedience to the body’s desires. You must no longer put any part of it at sin’s disposal, as an implement for doing wrong. Put yourselves instead at the disposal of God; think of yourselves as raised from death to life, and yield your bodies to God as implements for doing right.” “When you were slaves of sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. And what gain did that bring you? Things that now make you ashamed, for their end is death. But now, freed from the commands of sin and bound to the service of God, you have gains that lead to holiness, and the end is eternal life. For sin pays a wage, and the wage is death, but God gives freely, and his gift is eternal life in union with Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:15,2,6-13,20-23 - REB).

Some people do not understand this and they quote 1 John 3:9 in order to accuse others of not being true Christians – “Whosoever is born [begotten] of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born [begotten] of God”. They think this means that if you commit just one sin, then you cannot be a true Christian, failing to understand that no Christian is completely righteous (Romans 3:10, Psalms 14:2-3) or perfect, and will not be until their resurrection. In the meantime we struggle to be overcomers of the temptations of the flesh, and the world, and Satan, and though we sometimes fail we must never give up trying, nor give up the desire to be righteous. Though we cannot yet be perfect in our thoughts, words and actions, we can have a desire to be perfect. “But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me” (Romans 7:20 - MKJV).
Christians under grace...house of Israel under the new covenant...I think you may be right! It would sure explain a lot of things to me! Shalom Aleichem.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What utter rubbish!

It hasn't gone into effect. Please show which part of the New covenant is in effect. Here is the complete new covenant as declared by god:

Jeremiah 31:31-34
King James Version

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jesus blood is the price paid for the New Covenant, but please show where the provisions of the covenant as spelled out in SCripture have gone into effect.

Reactions: Truman

Anastasios UK

Oct 26, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fellow Christians,
Thank you for posting on this topic, it is a question that I too have asked myself
On the question of the New covenant and old covenant - The book of Revelation, I've heard is under the new covenant.
Reason I am asking is because I recently came across this online Bible seminar on the book of Revelation - which is doing a series from chapters 1-22. Some of the points challenged my understanding and what I previously thought to be true, though all of it is biblical and backed up by scripture.

Would love to hear your thoughts, and also if you have any other recommendations when looking to understand the book or Revelation and the New Covenant

Kind regards

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi fellow Christians,
Thank you for posting on this topic, it is a question that I too have asked myself
On the question of the New covenant and old covenant - The book of Revelation, I've heard is under the new covenant.
Reason I am asking is because I recently came across this online Bible seminar on the book of Revelation - which is doing a series from chapters 1-22. Some of the points challenged my understanding and what I previously thought to be true, though all of it is biblical and backed up by scripture.

Would love to hear your thoughts, and also if you have any other recommendations when looking to understand the book or Revelation and the New Covenant

Kind regards
Okay, this is my present understanding...the house of Judah (the Jews) are under the old covenant, the gentiles are under grace, and the house of Israel is under the new covenant. As far as the book of Revelation goes, you'll get a million different interpretations.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, this is my present understanding...the house of Judah (the Jews) are under the old covenant, the gentiles are under grace, and the house of Israel is under the new covenant.
Hebrews 8:8 (WEB):
For finding fault with them, he said, “Behold, the days come”, says the Lord, “that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;​

So both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will be under the new covenant.

Hebrews 9:15 (WEB):
For this reason he is the mediator of a new covenant, since a death has occurred for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first covenant, that those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.​

Galatians 3:29 (WEB):
If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring and heirs according to promise.​

Jesus' death means that those called (Christians) may receive the promised inheritance from God, that was promised by God to Abraham. The first testament having been fulfilled, and the inheritance given, that means there needs to be a new testament for everybody else (those not called by God to become His adopted sons).

Gal 4:4-7 (ESV):
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, (5) to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. (6) And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” (7) So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.​

What was God's promise to Abraham? Genesis 22:15-18 (WEB):
Yahweh’s angel called to Abraham a second time out of the sky, (16) and said, “I have sworn by myself, says Yahweh, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, (17) that I will bless you greatly, and I will multiply your offspring greatly like the stars of the heavens, and like the sand which is on the seashore. Your offspring will possess the gate of his enemies. (18) All the nations of the earth will be blessed by your offspring, because you have obeyed my voice.”​

Christians are Abraham's offspring (heavenly - "stars of the heavens"), that as adopted sons, members of the body of Christ, will bless all mankind during the Millenium, helping to restore mankind back to perfection. The Jews/Israelites, Abraham's other offspring (earthly - "sand on the seashore"), will also be helping as God's representatives on the earth during the Millenium (Isaiah 2:2-3 WEB - It shall happen in the latter days, that the mountain of Yahweh’s house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; and all nations shall flow to it. (3) Many peoples shall go and say, “Come, let’s go up to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For out of Zion the law shall go out, and Yahweh’s word from Jerusalem).

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've not watched all of that video. I stopped at about 7m 25s. When somebody claims to be the messenger from Jesus, as mentioned in Revelation 22:16, then I immediately don't want to waste my time listening to anything he has to say! I'd be very wary of that video, and I would recommend not watching it.

Revelation 22:16 (WEB):
I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David; the Bright and Morning Star.”​

Jesus sent an angel to the apostle John, to give him the prohecy from God of the coming Gospel Age, tribulation and establishment of His kingdom on the earth - Revelation 1:1-3 (WEB):
This is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things which must happen soon, which he sent and made known by his angel to his servant, John, (2) who testified to God’s word, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, about everything that he saw. (3) Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written in it, for the time is at hand.​

This angel is the messenger that Jesus was referring to in Rev. 22:16 - he was not referring to a future messenger!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, this is my present understanding...the house of Judah (the Jews) are under the old covenant, the gentiles are under grace, and the house of Israel is under the new covenant. As far as the book of Revelation goes, you'll get a million different interpretations.

No one is under the old covenant. Paul made that clear in Galatians. Jews (house of Judah) must get saved by faith in Jesus! Not the law. Jer. 31 makes it clear that the new covenant is for both houses of Israel and Ezekiel 37 shows that in th efuture God will take Judah and Israel and make them one people again!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nolette: No one is under the Old Covenant
Nolette: No one is under the New Covenant
Everyone is in Limbo:rolleyes:

If that is what you wish to think- that is you rproblem, not mine.

but if you are convinced that the New covenant is in effect just please show us how it is being fulfilled. Here si the text of the new covenant:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If you believe it true- you should have no trouble showing when and where and how it wentr into effect, instead of these quaint but foolish little responses.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one is under the old covenant. Paul made that clear in Galatians. Jews (house of Judah) must get saved by faith in Jesus! Not the law. Jer. 31 makes it clear that the new covenant is for both houses of Israel and Ezekiel 37 shows that in th efuture God will take Judah and Israel and make them one people again!
Try telling that to an orthodox Jew!
Ephraim, you're in a dream, things aren't like they seem, you're not who you think, wake up, Ephraim! Please, wake up...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but if you are convinced that the New covenant is in effect just please show us how it is being fulfilled.
Ronald, it is really tiresome when Christians do not even understand the basics of their beliefs. Now please note the tenses in the bolded verses below, which are addressed to Christians under the New Covenant:

HEBREWS 8,9:
CHRIST IS PRESENTLY THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made [PAST TENSE] the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away...

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is [PRESENT TENSE] the Mediator of the New Testament [Covenant], that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Is Christ PRESENTLY the Mediator of the New Covenant? Absolutely. At the time of writing (c. 64 AD) was the Old Covenant ready to vanish away? Absolutely. The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. So why do you (and others) persist in your heresies when the Scripture is as plain as day?

So if sinners are presently receiving the gift of eternal life ("the promise of eternal inheritance") -- which they are -- that is the clearest proof that the New Covenant is ALREADY in force.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians sometimes ask “Do the 10 commandments apply to us, or were they just for the Israelites?” The answer is no they do not apply to us, and yes they do!

A summary of the Sinaitic Law is “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind; and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself” (Matthew 22:37-40). Jesus kept, and fulfilled, the Law Covenant by his death. By willingly sacrificing himself so that he should become man’s redeemer (which only he could do as he was the only perfect man since Adam), he was fulfilling the Law which declares that all under it must love God more than they love themselves, and that therefore they would so delight to do God’s will that they would gladly sacrifice their own will, and even their own life. It is declared that Jesus gave up his life joyfully – “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart” (Psalms 40:8).

Jesus said, “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil” (Matthew 5:17). The old Sinaitic Law Covenant was fulfilled by Jesus, and is therefore no more in effect. The Apostle Paul said, “In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away” (Hebrew 8:13). Paul also said “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster” (Galations 4:24-25).

The New Covenant, or Testament, has not yet gone into effect, so far as the world is concerned. The Law associated with the New Covenant will be the same unchanging Law of God, which declares divine opposition to sin, and divine favour and blessing for the righteous. This Law will be in effect during the Millennial age, when allowances will be made for mankind’s imperfections as they are gradually restored to human perfection. Thus it is written “This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: … and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more” (Hebrews 8:10-12; Jeremiah 31:33-34). (This will be part of the “restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began” - Acts 3:21). The New Covenant is a covenant of forgiveness, blessing and restitution.

So the Law Covenant has been fulfilled and cancelled by Jesus and the New Covenant will be in operation during the Millennial age, but what of the interim? Is there any covenant in operation, and is there any law connected with it?

During the interim Gospel age God is selecting the members of the New Creation (the body of Christ), and a covenant is now in force, and it has a law. The Apostle Paul tells us that the Law “was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made” (Galatians 3:19). Therefore the Law Covenant given at Sinai was an addition to a previous covenant, and looking back we see that the Abrahamic Covenant was the original one, and that it had stood for 430 years before the Law Covenant was added - “the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect” (Galatians 3:17).

Therefore we see that when our Lord Jesus fulfilled the Law Covenant it left the original Abrahamic Covenant, just as it was before the Law was added, and this is the covenant under which the New Creation is being developed. The Abrahamic promise or Covenant was that “in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 28:14). The Apostle explained that this seed refers to Christ - “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ” (Galatians 3:16), and added, “And if ye be Christ's, [if you become members in particular of the body of Christ] then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).

Thus Christians are not under the Sinai or Law Covenant, so what law are we under? The Apostle said “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:14). However, this does not mean that we can willingly disobey the Sinaitic Law. When we became Christians we repented of our sinful ways, meaning we regretted them and changed direction, turning away from them (Strong’s concordance describes ‘repent’ as meaning “to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins”). Therefore, having turned away from our sinful ways, we should be trying to not sin, and as disobeying the Law covenant would be a sin we should be trying to obey the Law Covenant, even if we are no longer condemned under it if we fail to keep it completely.

When we consecrated our lives to God, we declared our love for God and his righteousness, and we became bound by the Law of Love. Our hope according to God’s promises is to become adopted sons of God (“he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”, Ephesians 1:5, NIV), which means that we need to develop God likeness, and God is love. “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love” (1 John 4:8).

Jesus said, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets” (Matthew 22:37-40). He also said “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15), and “the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me” (John 14:24). So if we love God and Jesus we should try to obey God’s commandments and laws. “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous” (1 John 5:3).

Therefore, having been redeemed from condemnation due to sin, we should now be continually striving to live according to God’s righteous laws (even though we may not be able to succeed completely while still living in our imperfect human bodies). As the Apostle Paul said, “What then? Are we to sin, because we are not under the law but under grace? Of course not!” “We died to sin: how can we live in it any longer?” “We know that our old humanity has been crucified with Christ, for the destruction of the sinful self, so that we may no longer be slaves to sin, because death cancels the claims of sin. But if we thus died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him, knowing as we do that Christ, once raised from the dead, is never to die again: he is no longer under the dominion of death. When he died, he died to sin, once for all, and now that he lives, he lives to God. In the same way you must regard yourselves as dead to sin and alive to God, in union with Christ Jesus. Therefore sin must no longer reign in your mortal body, exacting obedience to the body’s desires. You must no longer put any part of it at sin’s disposal, as an implement for doing wrong. Put yourselves instead at the disposal of God; think of yourselves as raised from death to life, and yield your bodies to God as implements for doing right.” “When you were slaves of sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. And what gain did that bring you? Things that now make you ashamed, for their end is death. But now, freed from the commands of sin and bound to the service of God, you have gains that lead to holiness, and the end is eternal life. For sin pays a wage, and the wage is death, but God gives freely, and his gift is eternal life in union with Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:15,2,6-13,20-23 - REB).

Some people do not understand this and they quote 1 John 3:9 in order to accuse others of not being true Christians – “Whosoever is born [begotten] of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born [begotten] of God”. They think this means that if you commit just one sin, then you cannot be a true Christian, failing to understand that no Christian is completely righteous (Romans 3:10, Psalms 14:2-3) or perfect, and will not be until their resurrection. In the meantime we struggle to be overcomers of the temptations of the flesh, and the world, and Satan, and though we sometimes fail we must never give up trying, nor give up the desire to be righteous. Though we cannot yet be perfect in our thoughts, words and actions, we can have a desire to be perfect. “But if I do what I do not desire, it is no more I working it out, but sin dwelling in me” (Romans 7:20 - MKJV).

The New Covenant is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ. Romans 8:2. You deny that? Are you living without a covenant, because the Old Covenant of the law of sin and death ended?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try telling that to an orthodox Jew!
Ephraim, you're in a dream, things aren't like they seem, you're not who you think, wake up, Ephraim! Please, wake up...

Well it doesn't matter what men think or do! If God says the Old Covenant is done then it is done no matter who wishes to live under it! Paul in Galatinas made explicitly clear the Old covenant is gone!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well it doesn't matter what men think or do! If God says the Old Covenant is done then it is done no matter who wishes to live under it! Paul in Galatinas made explicitly clear the Old covenant is gone!
Like I said, try telling that to an orthodox Jew.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, try telling that to an orthodox Jew.

I know they won't believe it, but it is still true from divine perspective, whether they accept it or ot. Just like when Israel rebuilds the temple and restarts the sacrificial system. God will not accept those sacrifices anymore.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know they won't believe it, but it is still true from divine perspective, whether they accept it or ot. Just like when Israel rebuilds the temple and restarts the sacrificial system. God will not accept those sacrifices anymore.
I recently watched a video by a Messianic Jew who explained why the temple and daily sacrifices being restored are in line with Jesus. I'd have to watch it again before I could begin to comment on it. It kinda stunned me. Lol I'm being exposed to so much new stuff...don't worry about me, my foundation is solid. We are living in unusual times. I am open enough to hear new things. I have to be. Two years ago I was an English-Canadian Christian. Then the Lord showed me that I'm part of the end-time awakening of the house of Israel. I know, I know, I know. Smile, Jesus loves you! Lol

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald, it is really tiresome when Christians do not even understand the basics of their beliefs. Now please note the tenses in the bolded verses below, which are addressed to Christians under the New Covenant:

HEBREWS 8,9:
CHRIST IS PRESENTLY THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made [PAST TENSE] the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away...

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is [PRESENT TENSE] the Mediator of the New Testament [Covenant], that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Is Christ PRESENTLY the Mediator of the New Covenant? Absolutely. At the time of writing (c. 64 AD) was the Old Covenant ready to vanish away? Absolutely. The temple was destroyed in 70 AD. So why do you (and others) persist in your heresies when the Scripture is as plain as day?

So if sinners are presently receiving the gift of eternal life ("the promise of eternal inheritance") -- which they are -- that is the clearest proof that the New Covenant is ALREADY in force.

How does a gentile being saved is part of the biblical new covenantr as written in the bible?

Here it is once more, I want you to sho wme how a gentile being saved is part of the New Covenant:

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Now if you knew the definition of what a mediator is- you would really know that the new covenant is not in effect yet! A mediator is one who comes between two parties to get them to reach an agreement. That is modern and ancient definition. So if Jesus is mediating the new covenant, it is not yet finalized and in effect.

But please show how gentiles are part of the new covenant as written and inspired by God.

sorry you are so tired of discussing things. Maybe discussing on a debate forum is not your cup of tea. But I fully know the basis of why and what I believe in.

BTW the Old Covenant passed away the minute Jesus poured His blood on the mercy seat in heaven ! Long before 64AD.

Please explain what heresy I am persisting in ?

You have yet to show me, now on more than one thread, when the new covenant went into effect as it is written in the bible. I take the bible at its word, do you?

Here it is again:

Does Israel and Judah now have the law written in their hearts?
Is Israel and Judah Gods active people now?
Do they no longer have to teach anyone to know the Lord for all Israel and Judah know the Lord?
Has god completely forgotten the sins of Israel and Judah and forgiven all their iniquity so that they are all saved?

As on the other thread, I await you showing me when this went into effect. Unless you believe there are two new covenants?

I fully understand and accept the price necessary for the new covenant has been paid, but you need to show me how gentiles being saved fulfills the covenant as written above.

And saying I teach heresies is very juvenile on your part.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently watched a video by a Messianic Jew who explained why the temple and daily sacrifices being restored are in line with Jesus. I'd have to watch it again before I could begin to comment on it. It kinda stunned me. Lol I'm being exposed to so much new stuff...don't worry about me, my foundation is solid. We are living in unusual times. I am open enough to hear new things. I have to be. Two years ago I was an English-Canadian Christian. Then the Lord showed me that I'm part of the end-time awakening of the house of Israel. I know, I know, I know. Smile, Jesus loves you! Lol

Of new ideas that have a tiny tiny bit of scriptural relevance in the body of Christ, there is no end. I am simply a christian, who lives in America for noiw, until my father calls me home. So you are Jewish then?